Did we legalize slavery?


Off-Topic Discussions


I can buy and sell stock in a corporation. Corporations are afforded all the rights of people. If a corporation isn't afforded the same protection as a person, than it isn't actually a person under the law. Therefore people have the same rights as corporations. And so, I can buy and sell people, or at least shares of people.

Would anyone like to discuss my IPO I'm considering announcing?

Either that or the stock market should be abolished.

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Do you have the right to govern yourself - or represent your self in Parliament? No, then Slavery is still with us. We are governed by our En-slavers and oppressors. more importantly they rubber stamped it with the Word Democracy so you would feel better about it and the word anarchy on freedom so you would be terrified of it.

As to selling shares in yourself? Interesting - thought about it myself - but it also means that your future produce is the property of the shareholders. Are you their Slave? It depends on the degree of decision making authority afforded to the shareholder.

You could just as well establish a labour company in which workers own shares and they are hired out to companies wishing to employ them.


Irontruth wrote:

I can buy and sell stock in a corporation. Corporations are afforded all the rights of people. If a corporation isn't afforded the same protection as a person, than it isn't actually a person under the law. Therefore people have the same rights as corporations. And so, I can buy and sell people, or at least shares of people.

Would anyone like to discuss my IPO I'm considering announcing?

Either that or the stock market should be abolished.

Clearly you have no understanding of what corporate personhood means. But, hey, I can laugh at a joke assuming that is what it is.


This should be fun.


While I'm not well versed in US law, I understand that Corporate Personhood does not consider companies as natural persons, but rather make them able to act as natural persons for the purposes of presenting legal actions or being targeted by legal actions.

yellowdingo wrote:

Do you have the right to govern yourself - or represent your self in Parliament? No, then Slavery is still with us. We are governed by our En-slavers and oppressors. more importantly they rubber stamped it with the Word Democracy so you would feel better about it and the word anarchy on freedom so you would be terrified of it.

Note that oppression and slavery are two different things. The former refers to an unjust rule, while the latter refers to a situation in which people are considered as a goods upon which individuals can have property rights.

You can have oppression without slavery, and slavery without oppression.

The Exchange

Klaus van der Kroft wrote:

While I'm not well versed in US law, I understand that Corporate Personhood does not consider companies as natural persons, but rather make them able to act as natural persons for the purposes of presenting legal actions or being targeted by legal actions.

yellowdingo wrote:

Do you have the right to govern yourself - or represent your self in Parliament? No, then Slavery is still with us. We are governed by our En-slavers and oppressors. more importantly they rubber stamped it with the Word Democracy so you would feel better about it and the word anarchy on freedom so you would be terrified of it.

Note that oppression and slavery are two different things. The former refers to an unjust rule, while the latter refers to a situation in which people are considered as a goods upon which individuals can have property rights.

You can have oppression without slavery, and slavery without oppression.

Government of you is slavery when they don't allow you to represent yourself.


You can represent yourself in all matters pertaining to you as an individual (court).

Matters pertaining to larger bodies of individuals require the decision makers to be bonded, vested, and knowledgeable about the outcomes of said decisions.

If every person in the country got a say (vote) individually over every single decision the state has to make, no decisions could be made in a timely manner. And, if every individual could initiate ideas for the state to decide on, there would be an overwhelming amount of frivolous, disturbing, and dangerous requests bogging down the clogged decision making process.

Lawyers become law makers, not individuals. Lawyers spend years studying the history of laws, and understand the pretenses and circumstances that have brought society as a whole this far along.

The system is rife with graft, corruption, and greed, but that is only because it is run by humans. If any single person wanted to become a part of the law making process, education in those matters is widely available to all who apply.


Irontruth wrote:
...Corporations are afforded all the rights of people.

I'm still waiting on Texas to execute a corp.

Irontruth wrote:
...Therefore people have the same rights as corporations. And so, I can buy and sell people, or at least shares of people.

Maybe you should ask The Sovereign now it worked for him?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Come see the violence inherent in the system!

Down with the Paizo slave-traders!

Vive le Galt!

Liberty's Edge

yellowdingo wrote:

Do you have the right to govern yourself - or represent your self in Parliament? No, then Slavery is still with us. We are governed by our En-slavers and oppressors. more importantly they rubber stamped it with the Word Democracy so you would feel better about it and the word anarchy on freedom so you would be terrified of it.

As to selling shares in yourself? Interesting - thought about it myself - but it also means that your future produce is the property of the shareholders. Are you their Slave? It depends on the degree of decision making authority afforded to the shareholder.

You could just as well establish a labour company in which workers own shares and they are hired out to companies wishing to employ them.

You DO have the absolute right to govern yourself AND the absolute duty of facing the consequences of how you govern yourself.

BTW. Calling society Slavery cheapens the suffering of the victims of real Slavery which still exists in our modern world.


Hee hee!

Tell him about your plan for hot Persian babes, Citizen Dingo.


Corporations can now donate employees to campaigns.

Dark Archive

If corporations are people as Romney and the conservative Supreme Court say, some corporations practice murder and cannibalism.

One thing that worries me about a Romney Presidency is that the next President will likely appoint two new Supreme Court justices.

So, that could lead to more extreme decisions than corporations are people, strip searches can be done for no reason, and money is free speech. The latter having led to the unprecedented money spent in this election. Imagine all the good that money could have done if it were actually used to improve this country or people's lives instead of on ads and junkmail!

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Irontruth wrote:

I can buy and sell stock in a corporation. Corporations are afforded all the rights of people. If a corporation isn't afforded the same protection as a person, than it isn't actually a person under the law. Therefore people have the same rights as corporations. And so, I can buy and sell people, or at least shares of people.

Would anyone like to discuss my IPO I'm considering announcing?

I see a problem with this.

Do you currently have legal title to yourself?


I have come to officially come to christen this thread as "tilting at windmill beards."


my mullet is a fish and therefore it is high in omega 3 fatty acids.


.

The strong rule the weak. Now get back to work fatso.

.


Lord Fyre wrote:
Irontruth wrote:

I can buy and sell stock in a corporation. Corporations are afforded all the rights of people. If a corporation isn't afforded the same protection as a person, than it isn't actually a person under the law. Therefore people have the same rights as corporations. And so, I can buy and sell people, or at least shares of people.

Would anyone like to discuss my IPO I'm considering announcing?

I see a problem with this.

Do you currently have legal title to yourself?

At the moment I have a controlling interest.

Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Did we legalize slavery? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.