Razor Coast


Product Discussion

851 to 900 of 2,616 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
TriOmegaZero wrote:
I'm conflicted. I would appreciate not having to spend the money, but I am really looking forward to the book. :/

TOZ, I believe you should do what comes naturally so that you never have any regrets looking back at your choice.

And honestly, from the sound of your posts, it feels like you want to pledge.

Dark Archive

Well as of the last look it is a few hundred from breaking 60k. So almost there.

The Exchange

So is it just me or does the touched up Pele art seem a little "worse" than the original with regards to the intent behind the touching up?

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
The black raven wrote:
TriOmegaZero wrote:
I'm conflicted. I would appreciate not having to spend the money, but I am really looking forward to the book. :/

TOZ, I believe you should do what comes naturally so that you never have any regrets looking back at your choice.

And honestly, from the sound of your posts, it feels like you want to pledge.

I have already pledged $150, I was commenting on the fact that whether the KS is successful or not, both outcomes are positive and negative for me. Either I don't have to put in the money, or I get an awesome book.

Contributor

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Woohoo! We broke $60K!


Louis Agresta wrote:
You're awesome Itchy. What's your favorite kind of eldritch horror beastie swashbuckling derring-do tentacle moment thing?

What's my favorite kind of eldritch horror beastie swashbuckling derring-do tentacle moment thing? That's tough. I'll give you the short list:

-The clifftop duel between Wesley and Inigo Montoya in The Princess Bride
-The Kenobi/ Darth Maul duel in The Phantom Menace
-Squid fight in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

-Aaron

Sovereign Court

Zherog wrote:
Woohoo! We broke $60K!

Over the last three days I have gone from fingers crossed to quietly optimistic.


GeraintElberion wrote:
Zherog wrote:
Woohoo! We broke $60K!
Over the last three days I have gone from fingers crossed to quietly optimistic.

I am also now. It is looking like it might make some of the stretch goals also! Hope so.

Sovereign Court Contributor

Itchy wrote:
Louis Agresta wrote:
You're awesome Itchy. What's your favorite kind of eldritch horror beastie swashbuckling derring-do tentacle moment thing?

What's my favorite kind of eldritch horror beastie swashbuckling derring-do tentacle moment thing? That's tough. I'll give you the short list:

-The clifftop duel between Wesley and Inigo Montoya in The Princess Bride
-The Kenobi/ Darth Maul duel in The Phantom Menace
-Squid fight in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

-Aaron

Gotcha. Well then, you'll probably be excited (or at least interested) that we've converted Craig Shackleton's popular Art of the Duel to Pathfinder and included it in the main book.

AND

You'll probably like that if your PCs survive to high enough lievels, you'd be able to have a fight a bit like the 20k Leagues under Squid battle or, alternately, have a duel with the Kraken on a cliff top. For real.

I squid you not.

*ducks*

Contributor

You really just typed "I squid you not" didn't you.

Oh, Louie Agresta!

*throws things!*

Contributor

Don't encourage him, Nick...


Nychus wrote:
So is it just me or does the touched up Pele art seem a little "worse" than the original with regards to the intent behind the touching up?

Aye, I agree... Now it looks like Pele is just burping up a lava slurpee.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Where can we see this image?


TriOmegaZero wrote:
Where can we see this image?

It's right.. here:

http://tsathogga.blogspot.com/2012/12/razor-coast-sneak-peek-2.html

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

...no comment.


61k plus! We're in the home stretch! Quick we need somebody with a high charisma to use their diplomatic influence to convince a wealthy philanthropist gamer to throw some cash in! Dark Mistress, it's all on you (no pressure)! : P

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm in for too much for PF and a fair amount for SW....

(Blonde Frog kicks a&s btw.)

I hope this funds!

Sovereign Court Contributor

Strangely, the pic in the new stealthy mountain reminds me of the flying spaghetti monster.


Kexle wrote:

I'm in for too much for PF and a fair amount for SW....

(Blonde Frog kicks a&s btw.)

I hope this funds!

Wow Thanks!!!! :D


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
Nychus wrote:
So is it just me or does the touched up Pele art seem a little "worse" than the original with regards to the intent behind the touching up?

Yeah, I'd say this is one of those cases where covering the nipples just serves to make the image more sexualised - the original is more a "I'm a fire goddess, of course I'm not wearing any clothes, they'd burn!" than a "boobies!" type picture.

Then again, I'm a degenerate Scandinavian who don't really see casually bared breasts as anything to get worked up about - we had some on the cover of my 7th grade history textbook!

Sovereign Court Contributor

Kajehase wrote:
Nychus wrote:
So is it just me or does the touched up Pele art seem a little "worse" than the original with regards to the intent behind the touching up?

Yeah, I'd say this is one of those cases where covering the nipples just serves to make the image more sexualised - the original is more a "I'm a fire goddess, of course I'm not wearing any clothes, they'd burn!" than a "boobies!" type picture.

Then again, I'm a degenerate Scandinavian who don't really see casually bared breasts as anything to get worked up about - we had some on the cover of my 7th grade history textbook!

Really, people didn't wear shirts in Scandinavian history? I guess, maybe inside, in the toasty viking buildings, but still... ;)

Actually, considering what some of the male tikis actually look like (and what tiki actually means), perhaps we should be thankful the art was picked to showcase a female Polynesian god.


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
Jeff Erwin wrote:
Kajehase wrote:
Nychus wrote:
So is it just me or does the touched up Pele art seem a little "worse" than the original with regards to the intent behind the touching up?

Yeah, I'd say this is one of those cases where covering the nipples just serves to make the image more sexualised - the original is more a "I'm a fire goddess, of course I'm not wearing any clothes, they'd burn!" than a "boobies!" type picture.

Then again, I'm a degenerate Scandinavian who don't really see casually bared breasts as anything to get worked up about - we had some on the cover of my 7th grade history textbook!

Really, people didn't wear shirts in Scandinavian history? I guess, maybe inside, in the toasty viking buildings, but still... ;)

Actually, considering what some of the male tikis actually look like (and what tiki actually means), perhaps we should be thankful the art was picked to showcase a female Polynesian god.

Actually, the cover was the market in Athens, but when you mention the male tiki... we had some interesting pictures of statuettes of Frej in another textbook. :D

Sovereign Court Contributor

I want to let everyone know Greg Vaughan and I will be doing a live video hangout to talk about Razor Coast and drink Blatcher's Rum on Monday 1/14 10:30pm EST. You're all invited.

It's hosted by Refresh and Reload.

Here's the G+ announcement
"Join R&R as we sit down to an unfiltered interview with Razor Coast producer +Lou Agresta and one of our favorite RPG writers Greg A. Vaughn.

Stay tuned to +Refresh & Reload and this event page for our YouTube live feed.

QUESTIONS
Bring your questions to the event because these rum drinking pirates will have all the answers. If you can't make it because you're walking the plank, then email your questions to askus@refreshandreload.com or our twitter feed @AskRandR with #TheRazor"

To participate you can go to their website and see the live youtube feed at 10:30pm on Monday. You can also tweet or email questions.

Hope to see you there!

That Blatcher’s Rum (excerpted from Fire As She Bears)
Gods made the sugarcane grow where it's hot,
And teetotal abstainers to grow where it’s not,
Let the Sin Boson warn of perdition to come,
We'll drink it, and chance it, so bring on the rum.

REFRAIN
Rum Rum, That Blatcher’s Rum,
Will tan your insides and grow hair on your bum,
Let the Blue Dragoon beat on his old empty drum,
Or his waterlogged belly, we'll stick to our rum.

These are men who drink it, hard men indeed,
Men of the pirating old-time hairy-necked breed,
They shave with their axes, they dress in old rags,
They feed on old boots, they sleep on old bags.
Dull care flies away when their voices resound,
And the grass shrivels up when they spit on the ground.

[REFRAIN]

When they finally die and are sunk in the clay,
Their bodies are pickled and never decay,
On the morning of judgment, when the skies are rolled back,
They'd stroll from their graves up the long golden track,
And their voices would echo throughout Kingdom Come,
As they toast the Archons in That Blatcher’s Rum!


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

If I didn't have work and had G+ working I'd be wanting to join in the fun. But we're just over the $61K mark with 12 days to go. I preordered this piratical puppy back in 3E because I liked the sound of it. Now I'm in for the $110 and crunching the numbers to see if I can afford to up my pledge.

Dark Archive

Pledged. Would Souls for Smuggler's Shiv work as a prequel?

The Exchange RPG Superstar 2010 Top 32

I've a preorder and am absolutely broke but still want to help as much as possible. If I go for the $30 pledge I can get a nice player's book, except being in Europe it becomes $50 to cover postage.
Will the player's book fit in the box with the hardback? Because then I can keep the pledge at $30 which is all (more) than I can afford :-(

Sovereign Court Contributor

Kodyax wrote:
If I didn't have work and had G+ working I'd be wanting to join in the fun. But we're just over the $61K mark with 12 days to go. I preordered this piratical puppy back in 3E because I liked the sound of it. Now I'm in for the $110 and crunching the numbers to see if I can afford to up my pledge.

Hey Kodyax,

Sorry you won't be there. FYI You don not have to have G+ -- that's just where an announcement went. You merely have to go to the Refresh and Reload web site at the right time and day (1/14 10:30pm EST).

I was hoping you'd chime in and announce you were in front of a web cam with your full furry on and a mug. We might have just had to add a camera to the chat. ;)

Everyone - I want to let you know I'm not ignoring your questions about shipping and price and the other important mechanics of publishing. They're just Frog questions I'm unqualified to answer.

They'll be by soon.

Lou


Carborundum - I asked that question earlier and we do need to throw in for that extra 20$ shipping unless something has changed.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Louis Agresta wrote:
Kodyax wrote:
If I didn't have work and had G+ working I'd be wanting to join in the fun. But we're just over the $61K mark with 12 days to go. I preordered this piratical puppy back in 3E because I liked the sound of it. Now I'm in for the $110 and crunching the numbers to see if I can afford to up my pledge.

Hey Kodyax,

Sorry you won't be there. FYI You don not have to have G+ -- that's just where an announcement went. You merely have to go to the Refresh and Reload web site at the right time and day (1/14 10:30pm EST).

I was hoping you'd chime in and announce you were in front of a web cam with your full furry on and a mug. We might have just had to add a camera to the chat. ;)

Everyone - I want to let you know I'm not ignoring your questions about shipping and price and the other important mechanics of publishing. They're just Frog questions I'm unqualified to answer.

They'll be by soon.

Lou

Heh, sorry to disappoint, but my contributions to the community are in writing and running games like this. I don't have a costume and am unlikely to get one soon. Still I do write about pirates often.


Almost there,.....

Sovereign Court

Kajehase wrote:
Nychus wrote:
So is it just me or does the touched up Pele art seem a little "worse" than the original with regards to the intent behind the touching up?

Yeah, I'd say this is one of those cases where covering the nipples just serves to make the image more sexualised - the original is more a "I'm a fire goddess, of course I'm not wearing any clothes, they'd burn!" than a "boobies!" type picture.

Then again, I'm a degenerate Scandinavian who don't really see casually bared breasts as anything to get worked up about - we had some on the cover of my 7th grade history textbook!

If you're in the right frame of mind then that touched-up (ooh, deary!) image just suggests

sordid nsfw thoughts:
pearl necklace!

just sayin'...


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Looks like we lost one. At this point I jut want this to fund. Hang the stretch goals.

Shadow Lodge

GeraintElberion wrote:
just sayin'...

Yeah, that was what my 'no comment' comment was about.

Layout and Design, Frog God Games

To be fair, the original still looked like that to me, with it being lava necklace and all.

The Exchange

Kodyax wrote:
Looks like we lost one. At this point I jut want this to fund. Hang the stretch goals.

huh? still looks on target to me or did I miss something whilst beating on Superheroes?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Chuck Wright wrote:
To be fair, the original still looked like that to me, with it being lava necklace and all.

I think the bare breasts distracted me from the parallels then. Now it's more obvious. :P


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Yeah, there has only been one day in the first 18 days of this Kickstarter that didn't get as much money as is needed each day from now on to fund. We are on track to fund and pass $80,000 fairly easily. And that is NOT counting the traditional Kickstarter surge in the last three days.

There is no need for concern from my perspective. :)

Sovereign Court Contributor

To boot: shoot for the stars and hit the moon! So let's go for the stretch goals. Besides, I've seen some of what they're planning to do for Angry Waters by Rich Pett, Jungle Fever by Owen Stephens, Black Spot by Gary McBride and Sinful Whispers by Tom Knauss.

EDIT: *whips head around for Blonde Frog*

I think its ok that I said all that.

Contributor

It was nice knowing you, Lou...

851 to 900 of 2,616 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Third-Party Pathfinder RPG Products / Product Discussion / Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.