Community


Television

151 to 160 of 160 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Aranna wrote:

Yeah it's sad that we will never really know how well Firefly would have done because of the way it was mismanaged. But regardless of the fact that it was probably the network's fault that the show failed it did still fail (at least in the case of that show).

Community has had good network support however. The number of fans it has wasn't harmed by anything more than the show itself. I am actually eager to see if the number of fans changes significantly when it starts up as a web show. If the number does change dramatically we could see a big move to start new shows direct to the web.

There are already a few well-regarded Netflix and Hulu original series.

Arrested Development was, as far as I know, the first cancelled show to be revived on the web.


Aranna wrote:
Tinkergoth wrote:
The 8th Dwarf wrote:

...

TG yeh don't google it - that's a sackable websearch.

Curses, now I'm even more curious! Why is the forbidden fruit so sweet?!
lol. Perhaps you should wait till your home alone to search the new competition.

Oh, that's all it is... Eh. I think Community will be the better series :P


Kthulhu wrote:
Aranna wrote:

Yeah it's sad that we will never really know how well Firefly would have done because of the way it was mismanaged. But regardless of the fact that it was probably the network's fault that the show failed it did still fail (at least in the case of that show).

Community has had good network support however. The number of fans it has wasn't harmed by anything more than the show itself. I am actually eager to see if the number of fans changes significantly when it starts up as a web show. If the number does change dramatically we could see a big move to start new shows direct to the web.

There are already a few well-regarded Netflix and Hulu original series.

Arrested Development was, as far as I know, the first cancelled show to be revived on the web.

Way to steal my thunder Kthulhu! :)

I didn't realize that Community wasn't the first. Do we have numbers on how well Arrested Development did? I will have to do a web search.


Aranna wrote:
Kthulhu wrote:
Aranna wrote:

Yeah it's sad that we will never really know how well Firefly would have done because of the way it was mismanaged. But regardless of the fact that it was probably the network's fault that the show failed it did still fail (at least in the case of that show).

Community has had good network support however. The number of fans it has wasn't harmed by anything more than the show itself. I am actually eager to see if the number of fans changes significantly when it starts up as a web show. If the number does change dramatically we could see a big move to start new shows direct to the web.

There are already a few well-regarded Netflix and Hulu original series.

Arrested Development was, as far as I know, the first cancelled show to be revived on the web.

Way to steal my thunder Kthulhu! :)

I didn't realize that Community wasn't the first. Do we have numbers on how well Arrested Development did? I will have to do a web search.

Not sure about numbers for Arrested Development, but I know quite a few people who were massive fans of the series in it's original form, and it seems to be a roughly 50/50 split as to whether they loved or hated the 4th season (the web one).

As Kthulhu said, some of the original stuff that's out already has been really well received, particularly House of Cards and Orange Is The New Black (both Netflix I believe).


Maybe they'll finally catch the ass crack bandit!


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Tinkergoth wrote:
Aranna wrote:
Tinkergoth wrote:
The 8th Dwarf wrote:

...

TG yeh don't google it - that's a sackable websearch.

Curses, now I'm even more curious! Why is the forbidden fruit so sweet?!
lol. Perhaps you should wait till your home alone to search the new competition.
Oh, that's all it is... Eh. I think Community will be the better series :P

I disagree but I do like community. ;)

Dark Archive Bella Sara Charter Superscriber

Slaunyeh wrote:
Kthulhu wrote:

" To be fair, it doesn't help when networks screw shows over by airing episodes out of order, jerking their time slots around before they've had a chance to establish a fanbase, and so on. I'd count that as network failure."

To be even more fair, none of that happened to Community.

To be even more fair than that, it was probably a reference to the Firefly debacle.

To be double-secret over-fair...

EVERYONE WITH A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN ME ABOUT COMMUNITY IS WRONG AND SHOULD FEEL BAD FOR BEING SO WRONG.*

*Statement is certified by the FDA to contain 100% of the daily dose of fairness and complies with all applicable standards of fairness.


I still gotta watch S5, but I hope S6 is a good finale season! Or maybe a normal season. But probably not.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
The 8th Dwarf wrote:

I think that there are more than 13 Browncoats in the world, firefly was hugely successful in spite of Fox and it's mismanagement of the show.

Community is not a failure as there is enough support for 6 seasons and a movie I hope.

TG yeh don't google it - that's a sackable websearch.

You don't need to draw the same numbers for a cable show that you do for network broadcast.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Kthulhu wrote:
Aranna wrote:

Yeah it's sad that we will never really know how well Firefly would have done because of the way it was mismanaged. But regardless of the fact that it was probably the network's fault that the show failed it did still fail (at least in the case of that show).

Community has had good network support however. The number of fans it has wasn't harmed by anything more than the show itself. I am actually eager to see if the number of fans changes significantly when it starts up as a web show. If the number does change dramatically we could see a big move to start new shows direct to the web.

There are already a few well-regarded Netflix and Hulu original series.

Arrested Development was, as far as I know, the first cancelled show to be revived on the web.

To be more accurate it was revived on Netflix, a pay subscription service, not as free viewing on Youtube.

151 to 160 of 160 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Entertainment / Television / Community All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Television