Fallout 4


Video Games

1,801 to 1,850 of 3,408 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

I know nothing about 4, but in New Vegas the only person carrying grenades are me, those are captain yesterday's fun timey explosive toys.

Except pulse grenades, those are f~%&ing useless.

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Pulse grenades are designed to stop robots, which they do very effectively in both NV and 4.

Grenades just can get heavy, and Fallout 4's crafting mechanics encourage you to collect junk everywhere you go (yes, way more than in NV). I know this sounds like total nonsense to you because you haven't played the game yet, but if I have to choose between a pack of duct tape and a plasma grenade, then quite obviously the silly useless grenade is definitely the one to go.


~LAUGHTER~ DeathQuaker is right!!!


Earlier I advised that you could simply store everything in your workshop.

You CAN do this.

However, you are likely to cause a buffer overflow on what the game can recognize is in the workshop container.

HOW TO RECOGNIZE THIS (how I figured it out):

1. Go to build a turret
2. You have no oil.
3. Buy oil put it in the workshop (or just keep it in your inventory)
4. Go to build a turret
5. Still no oil!

HOW TO FIX THIS:

1. Remove excess items from the weapons, armor and aid tabs.

What happened:

Technically a buffer overflow.

The game simply ran out of array space to store it in the variable. The actual database for the workshop seems to be a bit more robust as the "missing" items return after you remove the excess items from the other tabs (so no worries that all your oil is disappeared forever).

Technically this should probably happen to all containers and is only visible because of the settlement build mechanism.

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

Good to know the workshops can get overloaded. Thanks, Abraham.

I normally don't store anything in the workshop I'm not going to use for crafting (although I will throw in stuff like tatos and mutfruit I plan to use in foodcraft). I've heard people complain that settlers take things out of containers, but I've never had that issue (over 270+ hours in two playthroughs) with containers I built myself. I have certainly seen settlers and companions loot bodies and possibly existing containers... but I've never lost an item. Not gonna say it's impossible, but it doesn't seem a common occurrence. Perhaps the key is simply to put the container in an area a settler is unlikely to path to.

Liberty's Edge

I use workbench for storing stuff, mainly stuff I won't use and going to scrap anyway. I wish there was a "scrap everything in workbench " button. But you have to:

1. Choose transfer
2. Find the item, move it to your inventory
3. Move out of transfer, go to craft
4. Find the item you took and choose scrap
5. Go back to transfer and store all junk.


Closest solution to this I've found on PC is only viable in a settlement that you have no interest in. Pre-purifier Drive-In, for example. Drop all your undesired items on the ground. In console, "scrapall", *pouf*, everything that can be scrapped is neatly stored in the workshop as 'purified junk' that can be. This includes workstations, so do so with fair warning if you don't have Local Leader 2.

Otherwise, stacks of 6+ can be manually dropped out of inventory and scrapped while on the ground when in workshop mode as CapeCodRPGer explained. Beware round rolling objects ...

The things that settlers "lift" from containers appears to be legendary/unique items and other 'rare' items. I've not seen it either, but then, I like my "keep safe" under my characters' beds.


It would be nice if they refined the "Transfer Everything" option as well. I'd like to "Take All" or "Transfer All" from that menu, not everything across all categories. I want to take all the junk my Companion is carrying, not all the junk PLUS all their weapons, armor, etc., etc.

Being able to scrap things in the workbench would need the same refinement. "NO!!! I mean to scrap all the Junk, not the weapons and armor I was storing there, too!"

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

I would settle for a single button that you could select an item in the workbench and scrap it, much like you can do in a weapon or armor bench with armor and weapons.


Easy scrapping on PC if you don't give a fig about Home Plate: "scrapall" via console. Use Home Plate as a junk dumping ground in combination with Strong Back 4. Dump, lather, repeat at Home Plate (on the ground) all your junk. When you need to restock your materials, fast travel in, scrapall, load up, fast travel to your supply hub, transfer all your materials into that workshop, go on with the game. Armor and weapons you still have to scrap manually at the pertinent workbenches, but it's a happy medium.

The Exchange

How many people tend to complete the last 1/3 to 1/4 of a quest/building/area while encumbered just because you can't bear to leave any junk behind? I then find a nearby storage thing(like a trashcan or something) and deposit stuff until I can fast travel, then go back and forth ferrying the "loot".
I know I do this all the time.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Fake Healer wrote:

How many people tend to complete the last 1/3 to 1/4 of a quest/building/area while encumbered just because you can't bear to leave any junk behind? I then find a nearby storage thing(like a trashcan or something) and deposit stuff until I can fast travel, then go back and forth ferrying the "loot".

I know I do this all the time.

All. The. F%@@ing. Time.

Request: Scrap All button PPPPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEE.


Fake Healer wrote:

How many people tend to complete the last 1/3 to 1/4 of a quest/building/area while encumbered just because you can't bear to leave any junk behind? I then find a nearby storage thing(like a trashcan or something) and deposit stuff until I can fast travel, then go back and forth ferrying the "loot".

I know I do this all the time.

~quietly backs away from the thread~

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

In my more dedicated builder playthrough, I just maxed out the Strong Back perk so I can run (burning AP) encumbered and fast travel when encumbered. I just loot an area, chugging Nuka Cola along the way, and then fast travel back to the settlement.


I did that with Strong Back 4 on my first playthrough. This time I'm just abusing the vendor glitch and stealing shipments of materials. Keep one set in a container at my settlement and duplicate them as needed with Dogmeat to go in the workbench.

Dark Archive Bella Sara Charter Superscriber

Otherwhere wrote:
Just found this online:
Quote:

--VERY IMPORTANT--

If at any point you can't find a companion and don't want to use console commands. Check out the "top" of "Mass Fusion". Your companion may be there, but you can't talk to them because it says "Individual Busy". Easy Fix here. Pick up one of the metal barrels and push your companion off the the top of Mass Fusion. There is many gaps in the railing. Whats happening is your Companion is trying to go to the next checkpoint of the quest but doesn't know how to get down from Mass Fusion for some odd reason. Anyway, once they fall to the ground they will be sitting because they took massive fall damage. Once they get up they should start heading (moving) to the next part of the quest. You still won't be able to talk to them (for me it was Cait) but just follow them to the next part of the quest till it triggers. It may take awhile because your companion does not fast travel like you do unless they are in your party.

P.S. Make sure to save before doing this. This works for most but some may need to tinker with my steps on how this works to make it work for yourself.

So you might try Mass Fusion for any missing companions.

Let me know if this works!

Interesting - I'll give it a try.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
DeathQuaker wrote:

Good to know the workshops can get overloaded. Thanks, Abraham.

I normally don't store anything in the workshop I'm not going to use for crafting (although I will throw in stuff like tatos and mutfruit I plan to use in foodcraft). I've heard people complain that settlers take things out of containers, but I've never had that issue (over 270+ hours in two playthroughs) with containers I built myself. I have certainly seen settlers and companions loot bodies and possibly existing containers... but I've never lost an item. Not gonna say it's impossible, but it doesn't seem a common occurrence. Perhaps the key is simply to put the container in an area a settler is unlikely to path to.

I had heard about settlers taking objects as well, but hadn't seen it.

Until I went to get Tartarus (my freezing minigun) from the box I had left it in at the red rocket. It wasn't there. Later, I happened to be checking the inventory of one of the attendants (settlers) at the red rocket, when lo and behold I find that the one I had given a minigun to had grabbed Tartarus. Lesson is: settlers will only take weapons if they already have the ammo type the weapon uses. Also, they need access to the container.

That's not the best part though... Later, I had one of those multi-wave Gunner attacks where they come from different directions, and I found three of them that made it into the garage (Which was my workshop/storage area). I noticed one of them opening my floor safe. Sure enough, when I killed them one had Atlanta (my custom + damage to humans 10mm), and another had a stack of seven assault rifles from my regular guns case. Lesson here: The only way for storage to be secure is for it to be inaccessible to NPCs.

I immediately built a metal structure that I accessed through fast travel or jumping from nearby stairs. Nobody takes any of my stuff now. (Other characters build on top of the Rocket instead, also a good strategy.)


Fake Healer wrote:

How many people tend to complete the last 1/3 to 1/4 of a quest/building/area while encumbered just because you can't bear to leave any junk behind? I then find a nearby storage thing(like a trashcan or something) and deposit stuff until I can fast travel, then go back and forth ferrying the "loot".

I know I do this all the time.

:( I tend to just slow-crawl it back to the nearest settlement, or even to one of my more primary ones. I get killed every so often, but not often enough that I've stopped doing it!


Sebastian wrote:
Otherwhere wrote:
Just found this online:
Quote:

--VERY IMPORTANT--

If at any point you can't find a companion and don't want to use console commands. Check out the "top" of "Mass Fusion". Your companion may be there, but you can't talk to them because it says "Individual Busy". Easy Fix here. Pick up one of the metal barrels and push your companion off the the top of Mass Fusion. There is many gaps in the railing. Whats happening is your Companion is trying to go to the next checkpoint of the quest but doesn't know how to get down from Mass Fusion for some odd reason. Anyway, once they fall to the ground they will be sitting because they took massive fall damage. Once they get up they should start heading (moving) to the next part of the quest. You still won't be able to talk to them (for me it was Cait) but just follow them to the next part of the quest till it triggers. It may take awhile because your companion does not fast travel like you do unless they are in your party.

P.S. Make sure to save before doing this. This works for most but some may need to tinker with my steps on how this works to make it work for yourself.

So you might try Mass Fusion for any missing companions.

Let me know if this works!

Interesting - I'll give it a try.

Yeah - apparently if you begin a quest that involves a companion, and then dismiss them before you've completed it, they'll go on without you and will hang around at the next quest point in that line. I guess Mass Fusion is on everybody's list and so they'll go there if their AI glitches rather than to a settlement or back to their initial spawning point.

Good luck!

The Exchange

Rysky wrote:
Fake Healer wrote:

How many people tend to complete the last 1/3 to 1/4 of a quest/building/area while encumbered just because you can't bear to leave any junk behind? I then find a nearby storage thing(like a trashcan or something) and deposit stuff until I can fast travel, then go back and forth ferrying the "loot".

I know I do this all the time.

All. The. F%#*ing. Time.

Request: Scrap All button PPPPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEE.

You have no idea how good it makes me feel to hear that several others here are doing the same thing...


I don't understand why everyone wants a scrap all button. You realize it scraps items as you need the materials right?


Ryuko wrote:
I don't understand why everyone wants a scrap all button. You realize it scraps items as you need the materials right?

To save the weight when all you want to carry are the screws or copper you can take off the item.

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

Ryuko wrote:
I don't understand why everyone wants a scrap all button. You realize it scraps items as you need the materials right?

Because being able to scrap things easily and immediately means you can...

a) Reduce the length of your workshop's inventory, making it easier to see what you have

b) Access EVERYTHING in all settlements via supply lines. Supply lines only share broken down materials (concrete, wood, screws), not whole pieces of junk (bags of cement, ball-peen hammers, desk fans).

c) If you can scrap junk on the move, it can often reduce your load weight (if I need the materials more, I've often scrapped extra guns at a weapons bench I pass by because the materials are lighter than the gun). (Ninjaed by Otherwhere on this bit.)

The only concern I have about "scrap all" is making sure I don't accidentally scrap junk I want to keep (MacReady's gift, objects I want to use for decoration, etc.).


DeathQuaker wrote:
c) If you can scrap junk on the move, it can often reduce your load weight (if I need the materials more, I've often scrapped extra guns at a weapons bench I pass by because the materials are lighter than the gun).

Once I got the Scrapper perk, I started doing the same thing.

I kept seeing all those armor or weapon workbenches out in the wilds, and thought: "Why did they put this here? Is it just decoration?"

Then I had got the perk and realized: "Ahhhh! I can scrap these guns or armor for their parts, especially those precious screws and copper!"

I gotta hand it to 'em, Bethesda made junk valuable!

In older FO games, I'd hoard packs and cartons of cigarettes because they were a great weight to caps ratio. Now I hoard things for what they break down into! Though I still sell cartons or packs of cigs for caps about half the time.

I have the same concern over a "Scrap All" button. I want it to be really sure it is not going to scrap something I want.


Take advantage of those surplus armor and weapon benches littering the wastelands. Pipe pistols yielding copper, screws and steel is pretty sweet. Armor is far bulkier for its junk yield.

However ...

All that free armor is destined for settlers/companions, especially if you like a certain armor type by settlement proximity to bad guys. Between baseball uniforms, army fatigues, military fatigues and road leathers (not counting if you want to soil your minions with long johns and raider leathers) all fit under that free protection littering the countryside at the low, low price of a few well-aimed [insert ammunition or explosive ordnance here].

I've found that I like my minions to be toting .308 weaponry with bayonets. Bolt-action pipe pistols and hunting rifles default to .308, and combat rifles can be upgraded to using .308 ammo. Failing that, double-barreled shotguns with the essential upgrades once your veggie starch machinery is humming along is an effective longarm for your farming/scrounging/provisioning mini-onions.

There isn't a whole lot your mini-onions can do against a determined mythic deathclaw that decides long pork is on the dinner menu, especially while you're busily stockpiling oil for those turrets. Other than that, there isn't much that survives concentrated .308 weapons fire from 10+ determined settlers.

I've come to hoarding clean/untarnished/unused and similar items just because, someday, there'll be proper china cabinets that we can easily stack our spiffy uncontaminated swag in. Also, light bulbs, soap and toothpaste. I can only imagine the Pre-War Sole Survivor's culture shock when they realize how rare the items that used to be cheap and prevalent have become. Now, if I can only find clean linens...


I've been arming my settlers with Institute pistols and rifles since every quest I do that has them drops TONS of them.

My main worry are Synth infiltrators in my settlements. I'm arming the bad guys with excellent weapons!


Otherwhere wrote:

I've been arming my settlers with Institute pistols and rifles since every quest I do that has them drops TONS of them.

My main worry are Synth infiltrators in my settlements. I'm arming the bad guys with excellent weapons!

I'd rather keep those fusion cells for the converted alien blaster pistol. ;)

Compared to regular energy weapons, synth weapons are pretty bottom-of-the-barrel.

Synth weapons IIRC scrap at least a smidge of copper and an overabundance of plastic, much more goodies with Scrapper 2 and a few upgrades.

Edit: You've been visited by such infiltrators in assorted settlements since the early part of the game (depending upon how your playthrough went). A bit late to worry now ... :D


Turin the Mad wrote:
Otherwhere wrote:

I've been arming my settlers with Institute pistols and rifles since every quest I do that has them drops TONS of them.

My main worry are Synth infiltrators in my settlements. I'm arming the bad guys with excellent weapons!

I'd rather keep those fusion cells for the converted alien blaster pistol. ;)

Compared to regular energy weapons, synth weapons are pretty bottom-of-the-barrel.

Synth weapons IIRC scrap at least a smidge of copper and an overabundance of plastic, much more goodies with Scrapper 2 and a few upgrades.

Edit: You've been visited by such infiltrators in assorted settlements since the early part of the game (depending upon how your playthrough went). A bit late to worry now ... :D

LOL

I know the Institute energy weapons are pretty weak, but they are better than the pipe weapons the settlers show up with, and they are PLENTIFUL. And, yeah, I've been scrapping a ton of them as well. ;)


Hey - can Synths show up as Ghouls?

Wait! Don't tell me! I've been operating on the assumption that they wouldn't bother to replicate a ghoulish settler, and so I try to make the ones that show up my guards. Easy to spot, and scary as heck!

I really hope that doesn't backfire on me...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Otherwhere wrote:

Hey - can Synths show up as Ghouls?

Wait! Don't tell me! I've been operating on the assumption that they wouldn't bother to replicate a ghoulish settler, and so I try to make the ones that show up my guards. Easy to spot, and scary as heck!

I really hope that doesn't backfire on me...

[redacted]


GRRRRR!!!

Okay - my game must be bugged. I started traveling with Nick, and he's not doing much in combat either!

I was taking the Taffington Boathouse and fighting off 3 Bloodbugs, and Nick - armed with a .38 suppressed powerful automatic rifle and 500 rnds of ammo - never fired a single shot!

It's a Vault-Tec mind-game, I tell you!


Otherwhere wrote:

GRRRRR!!!

Okay - my game must be bugged. I started traveling with Nick, and he's not doing much in combat either!

I was taking the Taffington Boathouse and fighting off 3 Bloodbugs, and Nick - armed with a .38 suppressed powerful automatic rifle and 500 rnds of ammo - never fired a single shot!

It's a Vault-Tec mind-game, I tell you!

I noticed assorted "brain fart" problems from having all but the 1/10 min. Pip-Boy autosaves on and an excessive population of saved games. Toggling the three autosaves to off and keeping your save game queue to not more than 2 or maybe 3 saves per character keeps my rig running the game with little issue.

Hope that helps!

The Exchange

So I beat the main quest.....and decided to restart with Amber my wasteland wanderer and focus on as many sidequests and doing the opposite as possible. Also I upped the difficulty a click....which is making it really hard since I dumped endurance to a 2...


Fake Healer wrote:

So I beat the main quest.....and decided to restart with Amber my wasteland wanderer and focus on as many sidequests and doing the opposite as possible. Also I upped the difficulty a click....which is making it really hard since I dumped endurance to a 2...

Ouch. I usually go with three, but only so Lifegiver is an option. I don't take it most times, but I enjoy knowing I could without going to Poseidon Energy first.

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Turin the Mad wrote:
Otherwhere wrote:

GRRRRR!!!

Okay - my game must be bugged. I started traveling with Nick, and he's not doing much in combat either!

I was taking the Taffington Boathouse and fighting off 3 Bloodbugs, and Nick - armed with a .38 suppressed powerful automatic rifle and 500 rnds of ammo - never fired a single shot!

It's a Vault-Tec mind-game, I tell you!

I noticed assorted "brain fart" problems from having all but the 1/10 min. Pip-Boy autosaves on and an excessive population of saved games. Toggling the three autosaves to off and keeping your save game queue to not more than 2 or maybe 3 saves per character keeps my rig running the game with little issue.

Hope that helps!

Bear in mind your game will still autosave when you choose a perk on a new level, even if you shut off the other autosaves. I realized I had a bunch of savegames I know I never made intentionally. Trying to figure out which save is what to delete is a bit of a challenge. (IF we could rename our savegames.... grrrrrrrr....)

The Exchange

DeathQuaker wrote:
Turin the Mad wrote:
Otherwhere wrote:

GRRRRR!!!

Okay - my game must be bugged. I started traveling with Nick, and he's not doing much in combat either!

I was taking the Taffington Boathouse and fighting off 3 Bloodbugs, and Nick - armed with a .38 suppressed powerful automatic rifle and 500 rnds of ammo - never fired a single shot!

It's a Vault-Tec mind-game, I tell you!

I noticed assorted "brain fart" problems from having all but the 1/10 min. Pip-Boy autosaves on and an excessive population of saved games. Toggling the three autosaves to off and keeping your save game queue to not more than 2 or maybe 3 saves per character keeps my rig running the game with little issue.

Hope that helps!

Bear in mind your game will still autosave when you choose a perk on a new level, even if you shut off the other autosaves. I realized I had a bunch of savegames I know I never made intentionally. Trying to figure out which save is what to delete is a bit of a challenge. (IF we could rename our savegames.... grrrrrrrr....)

I went into the saved games and started deleting them....I was at it for around 10 minutes. There must have been hundreds of them, all spaced 10 minutes apart and over 3 different characters....I wish I had a clue before I started so I could have checked how much space they took up...I mean shouldn't the game maybe use the same file for it's auto save point repeatedly, replacing the save each time? Seemed a bit excessive to have so many different save points in the game.


Fake Healer wrote:
I went into the saved games and started deleting them....I was at it for around 10 minutes. There must have been hundreds of them, all spaced 10 minutes apart and over 3 different characters....I wish I had a clue before I started so I could have checked how much space they took up...I mean shouldn't the game maybe use the same file for it's auto save point repeatedly, replacing the save each time? Seemed a bit excessive to have so many different save points in the game.

Well, given how often scripts glitch out in Bethesda games, it's probably for the best that there are a bunch of saves you can roll back to, when you find a bug that breaks something you consider important (like the main storyline or so).


(still waiting for the patch on the XBone...)

Well, I finally started one of my toons down the Brotherhood line and adventuring with Danse. My God, is he aggressive! It was such a shock given my experience with the other Companions, other than Cait who actually seems to do what I'd expect. Danse just unloads all over any enemy, no matter how large or small. (Grenades and laser against a Bloatfly? Really, Danse?)

@Fake Healer: Ideally, they'd rotate the autosaves to keep rewriting the same 3 slots rather than replacing the last autosave you have. That way, you have up to 2 prior autosave places you can go back to in the event of a bug or bad choice. Adding autosaves ad infinitum is crazy, and - yeah - going to eat up memory and cause issues.

I've been reluctant to delete any because I can't really tell what was going on at any given save point. As DQ said, it would really be helpful to be able to name our saves.


Otherwhere wrote:
As DQ said, it would really be helpful to be able to name our saves.

Or even put the character name in the filename, so you can sort by character.

Liberty's Edge

Tvarog wrote:
Otherwhere wrote:
As DQ said, it would really be helpful to be able to name our saves.
Or even put the character name in the filename, so you can sort by character.

I don't think you can name the save files on PS4 or Xbox 1.


CapeCodRPGer wrote:
Tvarog wrote:
Otherwhere wrote:
As DQ said, it would really be helpful to be able to name our saves.
Or even put the character name in the filename, so you can sort by character.
I don't think you can name the save files on PS4 or Xbox 1.

That's why so many people are saying "it would be nice if we could" or "I wish we could" do that. You can't actually name them on PC, IIRC... you just get the standard location and date/time in-game.


CapeCodRPGer wrote:
Tvarog wrote:
Otherwhere wrote:
As DQ said, it would really be helpful to be able to name our saves.
Or even put the character name in the filename, so you can sort by character.
I don't think you can name the save files on PS4 or Xbox 1.

Don't need to really, xboxone separates save data by character already.

If you go to load press "Y" for a list of your characters to load from.

You can delete saves while in game under the character and know you are only deleting that character's saves.


Abraham spalding wrote:
CapeCodRPGer wrote:
Tvarog wrote:
Otherwhere wrote:
As DQ said, it would really be helpful to be able to name our saves.
Or even put the character name in the filename, so you can sort by character.
I don't think you can name the save files on PS4 or Xbox 1.

Don't need to really, xboxone separates save data by character already.

If you go to load press "Y" for a list of your characters to load from.

You can delete saves while in game under the character and know you are only deleting that character's saves.

Yes - but it's remembering which if those saves is actually a SAVE rather than an autosave that isn't clear. And the date stamp (how many days/hours/minutes in game) doesn't remind me of what was going on at that point.

I have a couple of characters that I wanted to save before I started down a Good/Evil path, but I can't add "Evil" or "Good" to the save name to remind me. It would be very nice to have that option.

For now, though, I'd rather they address bigger, more important issues than these nicety refinements.


DeathQuaker wrote:
Ryuko wrote:
I don't understand why everyone wants a scrap all button. You realize it scraps items as you need the materials right?

Because being able to scrap things easily and immediately means you can...

a) Reduce the length of your workshop's inventory, making it easier to see what you have

b) Access EVERYTHING in all settlements via supply lines. Supply lines only share broken down materials (concrete, wood, screws), not whole pieces of junk (bags of cement, ball-peen hammers, desk fans).

c) If you can scrap junk on the move, it can often reduce your load weight (if I need the materials more, I've often scrapped extra guns at a weapons bench I pass by because the materials are lighter than the gun). (Ninjaed by Otherwhere on this bit.)

The only concern I have about "scrap all" is making sure I don't accidentally scrap junk I want to keep (MacReady's gift, objects I want to use for decoration, etc.).

B is incorrect. It will scrap junk in other settlements for you. I have run out of copper enough times to verify.

Dark Archive Bella Sara Charter Superscriber

1 person marked this as a favorite.

No sign of Cait at Mass Fusion. I thought she was the one, but now that I've successfully romanced Curie and given her my dead wife's wedding ring (classy, neh), I don't have any use for that no good junkie!

*weeps quietly over a picture of Cait hitting Jet while stabbing a Raider through the eye*


Otherwhere wrote:
Abraham spalding wrote:
CapeCodRPGer wrote:
Tvarog wrote:
Otherwhere wrote:
As DQ said, it would really be helpful to be able to name our saves.
Or even put the character name in the filename, so you can sort by character.
I don't think you can name the save files on PS4 or Xbox 1.

Don't need to really, xboxone separates save data by character already.

If you go to load press "Y" for a list of your characters to load from.

You can delete saves while in game under the character and know you are only deleting that character's saves.

Yes - but it's remembering which if those saves is actually a SAVE rather than an autosave that isn't clear. And the date stamp (how many days/hours/minutes in game) doesn't remind me of what was going on at that point.

I have a couple of characters that I wanted to save before I started down a Good/Evil path, but I can't add "Evil" or "Good" to the save name to remind me. It would be very nice to have that option.

For now, though, I'd rather they address bigger, more important issues than these nicety refinements.

On PS4, it labels saves and autosaves differently, also it does seem to rotate a set of autosaves, similar to Skyrim. What messes up on the PS4 is that the tiny screenshot doesn't update when a save or autosave is overwritten.


Hmm. I'll have to check my save files when I get home. When I've scrolled through a particular character's list to see if there's a prior save I want to go back to, I don't recall seeing any marked as "autosave". They all have a screen shot and date stamp, but nothing telling me which one was the "hard save" I made at some choice point and which ones are auto.

Sebastion wrote:
No sign of Cait at Mass Fusion. I thought she was the one, but now that I've successfully romanced Curie and given her my dead wife's wedding ring (classy, neh), I don't have any use for that no good junkie!

Funny - I was thinking of doing exactly the same with my Curie! Give her my wife's wedding ring and "seal the deal." I thought it would be Cait, but that voice... and those comments about how violent the world is as she burns a Raider to ash... too good to let go of!

Not sure what you can do about locating Cait, however, other than back track through her personal quest line locations. (Vault 95) If she gave you "Benign Intervention" before you dismissed her, she may be somewhere on that quest as if you were accompanying her to complete it. (Buggy AI!)

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

Caineach wrote:
DeathQuaker wrote:
Ryuko wrote:
I don't understand why everyone wants a scrap all button. You realize it scraps items as you need the materials right?

Because being able to scrap things easily and immediately means you can...

a) Reduce the length of your workshop's inventory, making it easier to see what you have

b) Access EVERYTHING in all settlements via supply lines. Supply lines only share broken down materials (concrete, wood, screws), not whole pieces of junk (bags of cement, ball-peen hammers, desk fans).

c) If you can scrap junk on the move, it can often reduce your load weight (if I need the materials more, I've often scrapped extra guns at a weapons bench I pass by because the materials are lighter than the gun). (Ninjaed by Otherwhere on this bit.)

The only concern I have about "scrap all" is making sure I don't accidentally scrap junk I want to keep (MacReady's gift, objects I want to use for decoration, etc.).

B is incorrect. It will scrap junk in other settlements for you. I have run out of copper enough times to verify.

Thanks! I guess it'll scrap items remotely but you can't access the item directly if you need it. E.g., if you need a sensor module for a certain quest, you have to go to the workbench you stored it in, but if you just need a component part, it'll grab from anywhere.


DeathQuaker wrote:
Caineach wrote:
DeathQuaker wrote:
Ryuko wrote:
I don't understand why everyone wants a scrap all button. You realize it scraps items as you need the materials right?

Because being able to scrap things easily and immediately means you can...

a) Reduce the length of your workshop's inventory, making it easier to see what you have

b) Access EVERYTHING in all settlements via supply lines. Supply lines only share broken down materials (concrete, wood, screws), not whole pieces of junk (bags of cement, ball-peen hammers, desk fans).

c) If you can scrap junk on the move, it can often reduce your load weight (if I need the materials more, I've often scrapped extra guns at a weapons bench I pass by because the materials are lighter than the gun). (Ninjaed by Otherwhere on this bit.)

The only concern I have about "scrap all" is making sure I don't accidentally scrap junk I want to keep (MacReady's gift, objects I want to use for decoration, etc.).

B is incorrect. It will scrap junk in other settlements for you. I have run out of copper enough times to verify.
Thanks! I guess it'll scrap items remotely but you can't access the item directly if you need it. E.g., if you need a sensor module for a certain quest, you have to go to the workbench you stored it in, but if you just need a component part, it'll grab from anywhere.

As far as I can tell that is the case

The Exchange

Is there any way to scrap weapons or armor without a bench? I would love to just be able break things down on the fly....

1,801 to 1,850 of 3,408 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Entertainment / Video Games / Fallout 4 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.