'Mount' plus 'Wartrain Mount'


Rules Questions


If you cast Mount, I'm assuming that it is trained for a General Purpose: Riding ("an animal trained to bear a rider knows the tricks come, heel, and stay").

Now if you cast Wartrain Mount on the summoned mount that it is now trained for General Purpose: Combat Training (" An animal trained to bear a rider into combat knows the tricks attack, come, defend, down, guard, and heel").

Is all that right?


sounds good to me


yes, because it specifically creates a light horse or a pony rather than some sort of pseudo not-real mount.


Mojorat wrote:
yes, because it specifically creates a light horse or a pony rather than some sort of pseudo not-real mount.

for example Phantom Steed would probably not qualify


harmor wrote:
If you cast Mount, I'm assuming that it is trained for a General Purpose: Riding ("an animal trained to bear a rider knows the tricks come, heel, and stay").

That is an assumption. Spell only stipulate the spell serves the caster as a mount. Tricks to have the summoned horse perform when not mounted are not specifically part of the bargain.

Grand Lodge

Phasics wrote:
Mojorat wrote:
yes, because it specifically creates a light horse or a pony rather than some sort of pseudo not-real mount.
for example Phantom Steed would probably not qualify

Phantom steed wouldn't qualify:

  • the phantom steed is not an animal
  • the phantom steed isn't afraid of battle and never attacks, so nothing that combat training would give it is relevant.


Starglim wrote:
Phasics wrote:
Mojorat wrote:
yes, because it specifically creates a light horse or a pony rather than some sort of pseudo not-real mount.
for example Phantom Steed would probably not qualify

Phantom steed wouldn't qualify:

  • the phantom steed is not an animal
  • the phantom steed isn't afraid of battle and never attacks, so nothing that combat training would give it is relevant.

like I said ;)

Scarab Sages

There's a spell in This Book called "Phantom Charger" (an improved version of Phantom Steed) which conjures a mount that can attack. Should probably be added to the SRD at some point.


I'm assuming this concept is to allow an "insant" mount that a character can use having built to use mounts without the downside of not being able to take mounts everywhere with ease.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Wolfsnap wrote:
There's a spell in This Book called "Phantom Charger" (an improved version of Phantom Steed) which conjures a mount that can attack. Should probably be added to the SRD at some point.

Are you saying that it should be added to the PRD?

Scarab Sages

Mistwalker wrote:
Wolfsnap wrote:
There's a spell in This Book called "Phantom Charger" (an improved version of Phantom Steed) which conjures a mount that can attack. Should probably be added to the SRD at some point.
Are you saying that it should be added to the PRD?

The PRD is for Paizo books only. The PFSRD is the one that includes the 3rd party stuff.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Rules Questions / 'Mount' plus 'Wartrain Mount' All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.