Pistols & Spring Loaded Wrist Sheaths


Rules Questions


Can you have a spring loaded wrist sheath hold a pistol? Just wondering because the visual I get from that seems pretty awesome.


If a regular pistol is to large then how about a Coat Pistol on each forearm!

But yes awesome visual!


Third Mind wrote:
Can you have a spring loaded wrist sheath hold a pistol? Just wondering because the visual I get from that seems pretty awesome.

IIRC you have to make a sleight of hand check to catch the pistol as it shoots out of your sleeve. I've seen them used in campaigns and they're awesome


You wanna know what I say? regular pistols? Especially double pistols? No way. Too big and bulky. Coat pistols? Heck yeah. In fact, that would be pretty iconic. How many westerns you know have the gambler with a derringer loaded on a spring holster under his coat? Same thing here. In fact... Ideas are churning...


I shall have to look further into the coat pistol. While I was thinking of using a normal pistol (probably one shot) originally, I suppose a small gun is better than no gun if it comes down to it.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar 2015 Top 32, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

Kolazi wrote:
IIRC you have to make a sleight of hand check to catch the pistol as it shoots out of your sleeve.

I'm aware of no such requirement. Perhaps you're remembering a house rule?


Jiggy wrote:
Kolazi wrote:
IIRC you have to make a sleight of hand check to catch the pistol as it shoots out of your sleeve.
I'm aware of no such requirement. Perhaps you're remembering a house rule?

I don't believe there are rules for this any more than there are rules to catch the daggers that come out of the spring loaded sheaths. But perhaps you can combine it with a Sleight of hand check to surprise an opponent?


Pathfinder PF Special Edition Subscriber

Professor Moriarty ... evil genius and gunslinger?

The Exchange

Lokie wrote:
Professor Moriarty ... evil genius and gunslinger?

I was thinking more of Taxi Driver...."...are you looking at me?"


Pathfinder PF Special Edition Subscriber

Hmm... or the two pistols Christie had attached to his arms in Aliens Resurrection. "Drop the guns!" ... "I can't they are attached to my arms!"

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Rules Questions / Pistols & Spring Loaded Wrist Sheaths All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.