Additional Resources Updates


Pathfinder Society

301 to 350 of 1,501 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
5/5 Venture-Agent, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East aka Pirate Rob

I thought Chris was a robot anyway.

Liberty's Edge 5/5

Starfinder Superscriber

Given how busy game company people probably are at cons like that, I suspect it's more of "doesn't have to go to GenCon" than "doesn't get to go to GenCon"....

Shadow Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵ Venture-Lieutenant, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East aka thistledown

Ah, more specialty stuff for archers that other projectile users don't get. Bad enough that half of the stuff we already have is only for arrows, and not for crossbows, slings, or guns.

Liberty's Edge 2/5

thistledown wrote:
Ah, more specialty stuff for archers that other projectile users don't get. Bad enough that half of the stuff we already have is only for arrows, and not for crossbows, slings, or guns.

crossbows you have a point

Slings. its a rock, you can cast tons on things on a rock and they are super easy to make magical in a variety of useful ways. Also they are low end weapons no doubt, its a rock.. your throwing a rock, i am sure it is out there but what is the character build around rock use, its more of I need a ranged weapon and it has to be simple kind of thing.

Guns. Cant believe you listed that 1. they have had alchemical loads for a LONG time and those loads are very cool. 2. they are range touch arrows are not. Guns have no right to complain.

Shadow Lodge

neferphras wrote:
Slings. its a rock, you can cast tons on things on a rock and they are super easy to make magical in a variety of useful ways. Also they are low end weapons no doubt, its a rock.. your throwing a rock, i am sure it is out there but what is the character build around rock use, its more of I need a ranged weapon and it has to be simple kind of thing.

A sling bullet is not a rock. A sling bullet is rounder, and more dense, than a rock.

You can use rocks as sling ammo, but you take a -1 penalty on damage.


Obviously this is not urgent, but when you make the next update, the colon is missing from the new Reign of Winter entry after "Equipment":

Quote:

Pathfinder Adventure Path #72: "The Witch Queen's Revenge"

Equipment labrys of the stone idol is legal for play

Shadow Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵ Venture-Lieutenant, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East aka thistledown

neferphras wrote:
thistledown wrote:
Ah, more specialty stuff for archers that other projectile users don't get. Bad enough that half of the stuff we already have is only for arrows, and not for crossbows, slings, or guns.

crossbows you have a point

Slings. its a rock, you can cast tons on things on a rock and they are super easy to make magical in a variety of useful ways. Also they are low end weapons no doubt, its a rock.. your throwing a rock, i am sure it is out there but what is the character build around rock use, its more of I need a ranged weapon and it has to be simple kind of thing.

Guns. Cant believe you listed that 1. they have had alchemical loads for a LONG time and those loads are very cool. 2. they are range touch arrows are not. Guns have no right to complain.

Alchemical loads for firearms aren't that helpful most of the time, because scatterguns are not nearly as well supported as pistols or muskets. They have some nice uses, but only if you deviate from your main progression.

Dragon's Breath - scatter guns only
Entangling Shot - scatter guns only
Salt Shot - scatter guns only (and the only way to deal non-lethal damage)
Flare shot - ok, you can hit them and make them save or be blinded for a round. Can shoot it from a regular gun with a bigger misfire chance.
Paper shot - yes, this is the standard ammo of a gunslinger. It lets you load closer to archer speed in exchange for more misfire chance.

Arrows, we already have iron-tipped, bamboo shaft, blunt, flight, smoke, and whistling. None of which are that great, I'll admit. But they can all be used with your normal bow.

edit: Missed the Pitted bullet. Alows you to add poison to your bullets. Which I think archers can do to their regular arrows.

Liberty's Edge 2/5

again my area is swarmed with gun slingers, playing at a table with another one tonight 30 out of 33 tables so far have had a gun slinger. All they use is academical bullets, i cant remember the last time a gunslinger in my area actually used a normal bullet. its always cold iron, silver, flare, paper shot something. Flare is very cool, see that one a lot. Paper shot seems to be standard around here. I need to find that player around here who played a gun alchemist because he got the cost down to 10% of list cost which is far cheaper per shot than any of the arrows you listed out.

So again, giving the bow user the extra arrows, because their current selection as you mentioned is rather unimpressive, makes sense to me. Gunslingers have a lot of cool options already, they dont need help. Xbows do have some better shots already
Ammunition (Crossbow): Bolt(s)
Ammunition (Crossbow): Bolt(s), Acid
Ammunition (Crossbow): Bolt(s), Drow Poison
Ammunition (Crossbow): Bolt(s), Fire

I would be all for making those allowed as well. Makes sense to me. They are certainly no worse than a dragon breath round.

Yes archer can add poison can do that IF they have poison use as a standard action. So.. not gonna happen. Without use poison you have a chance to poison yourself.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I wanted to post this just to be clear I use Tengus as playable race in PFS?

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

Trailjava wrote:
I wanted to post this just to be clear I use Tengus as playable race in PFS?

As long as you bring a legal source that contains all their stats, yes.

Digital Products Assistant

Additional Resources has been updated. Any missing Chronicle sheets will not be available until some point after Gen Con.

Grand Lodge 4/5 Venture-Agent, Nevada—Las Vegas aka kinevon

Chris Lambertz wrote:
Additional Resources has been updated. Any missing Chronicle sheets will not be available until some point after Gen Con.

Chris,

There appears to be some tyypoes in the Demon Hunter's Handbook section:

Pathfinder Player Companion: Demon Hunter's Handbook wrote:


Archetypes all archetypes on page 15 is legal for play; Equipment: all equipment and kits on pages 7 and 18-19 are legal for play except; Feats: all feats on pages 9 and 21 are legal for play; Magic items: all magic items on pages 28-29 are legal for play; Rage Powers: all rage powers on page 8 are legal for play; Ranger Traps: all ranger traps on page 11 are legal for play; Traits: all traits on pages 12-13, 23, and 25 are legal for play.

archetypeS is

And the equipment section ends at except without listing the exceptions.

Digital Products Assistant

D'oh. I'll get those fixed when I'm back in the office tomorrow. Thank you for letting me know!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

A quick question from someone who doesn't have the Demon Hunter's Handbook yet but noticed the product blurb talks about new spells...

...Is the lack of a 'Spells' segment in that book's Additional Resources entry an indication that none of the new spells are PFS-legal?

Grand Lodge 5/5 Pathfinder Society Campaign Coordinator

Spells of Lost Sarkoris are exactly that -- they're lost. I have a distinct feeling John will be able to develop future scenarios so they can be found.

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Michael Brock wrote:
Spells of Lost Sarkoris are exactly that -- they're lost.

Did you check between the couch cushions?

Sovereign Court Owner - Enchanted Grounds, President/Owner - Enchanted Grounds

Michael Brock wrote:
Spells of Lost Sarkoris are exactly that -- they're lost. I have a distinct feeling John will be able to develop future scenarios so they can be found.

Sweet! I love finding cool stuff like lost spells on my chronicle sheets.

Sadly, I expect an incoming deluge of people who will have exactly the opposite opinion...

Silver Crusade

I would be of the opposite opinion, but also of the "I can live with this" opinion. This just helps me determine which books are highest priority for purchase. Thank you for the responses, I appreciate it! Edit: And don't worry, I don't intend to debate my opinion here. Not the right thread for it.

1/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drogon wrote:

Sweet! I love finding cool stuff like lost spells on my chronicle sheets.

Sadly, I expect an incoming deluge of people who will have exactly the opposite opinion...

I'm with you. I think holding some things back from general availability specifically to hand on chronicles is a fantastic way to make chronicles matter.


Another typo - you haven't removed gripplis, sulis, and vishkanyas from this bit:

Quote:
In Chapter 3, nothing from the changelings, duergar, gillmen, gripplis, merfolk, samsarans, strix, sulis, svirfneblin, vanaras, and vishkanyas entries are currently legal for play.

1/5

Celestial Pegasus wrote:
And don't worry, I don't intend to debate my opinion here. Not the right thread for it.

Nothing to debate, really -- people just have different preferences (though your non-confrontational posture is very much appreciated). :)

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Updated the Archives with the new PFS legal changes (at least the ones from Elves of Golarion, Chronicles of the Righteous, Advanced Race Guide, and Ultimate Campaign). The new books will be added up in 2-3 weeks.

Digital Products Assistant

The PDF and Additional Resources page have had the above errors corrected. :)

Sovereign Court

If Performance Feats aren't legal, shouldn't Martial Performer also be illegal? (Was just scanning the PRD and saw this, so it may very well be on the pages of disallowed traits or something.)

Martial Performer wrote:
Your training has made you a martial performer. When you gain a monk bonus feat, you may instead take a performance feat for which you meet the prerequisites.

Liberty's Edge

I apologize if this has been addressed and I failed to find it. Since the Pathfinder Society Field Guide has been removed from the core assumption, what parts of it are legal for play? Specifically, will the Seeker archetype for oracles and sorcerers be discarded or restricted?

Grand Lodge 5/5 Venture-Captain, Arizona—Phoenix aka TriOmegaZero

Additional Resources wrote:

Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Pathfinder Society Field Guide

All rules in this book are legal for play in Pathfinder Society Organized Play

Scarab Sages 5/5 RPG Superstar 2015 Top 16

Wynd Sister wrote:
I apologize if this has been addressed and I failed to find it. Since the Pathfinder Society Field Guide has been removed from the core assumption, what parts of it are legal for play? Specifically, will the Seeker archetype for oracles and sorcerers be discarded or restricted?

Being removed from the core assumption just means that they no longer assume every player has a copy. The parts that are legal for PFS (all of it) have not actually changed.

Liberty's Edge

Thanks, guys. I swear I looked (though obviously not hard enough).

The Exchange

bugleyman wrote:
Drogon wrote:

Sweet! I love finding cool stuff like lost spells on my chronicle sheets.

Sadly, I expect an incoming deluge of people who will have exactly the opposite opinion...

I'm with you. I think holding some things back from general availability specifically to hand on chronicles is a fantastic way to make chronicles matter.

Me, too. I've been noticing how they've been doing this and it really does make the chronicles more interesting.

Sovereign Court 5/5 RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Drogon wrote:
Michael Brock wrote:
Spells of Lost Sarkoris are exactly that -- they're lost. I have a distinct feeling John will be able to develop future scenarios so they can be found.

Sweet! I love finding cool stuff like lost spells on my chronicle sheets.

Sadly, I expect an incoming deluge of people who will have exactly the opposite opinion...

I'm with you Drogon. I have the same argument for people who complain about stuff like that I always have "Stop your whining and GM!"

Liberty's Edge 2/5

Just read the Update and see the Elves of Golarion update. Was the bleed arrow intentionally left legal? I completely understand the limit on the Trip arrow since it uses 3.5 rules, but most (including myself) thought the bleed arrow might be a bit much. If it was intentionally left in great, certainly other alchemical substances are just if not more effective, just making sure it was not an oops.

Grand Lodge 4/5 Venture-Agent, Nevada—Las Vegas aka kinevon

Okay, working on a new PC, and was looking at traits that add UMD as a class skill, and found the Adaptive Magic Trait in People of the North.

Additional Resources shows that all traits in this book are legal.

Adaptive Magic is a trait from PotN, but, and here's my question,. it is in a section labeled as Campaign Traits, starting on page 30 and covering page 31.

So, are these traits, being in PotN, legal, or, as campaign traits, are they not allowed for PFS?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber
neferphras wrote:

again my area is swarmed with gun slingers, playing at a table with another one tonight 30 out of 33 tables so far have had a gun slinger. All they use is academical bullets, i cant remember the last time a gunslinger in my area actually used a normal bullet. its always cold iron, silver, flare, paper shot something. Flare is very cool, see that one a lot. Paper shot seems to be standard around here. I need to find that player around here who played a gun alchemist because he got the cost down to 10% of list cost which is far cheaper per shot than any of the arrows you listed out.

So again, giving the bow user the extra arrows, because their current selection as you mentioned is rather unimpressive, makes sense to me. Gunslingers have a lot of cool options already, they dont need help. Xbows do have some better shots already
Ammunition (Crossbow): Bolt(s)
Ammunition (Crossbow): Bolt(s), Acid
Ammunition (Crossbow): Bolt(s), Drow Poison
Ammunition (Crossbow): Bolt(s), Fire

I would be all for making those allowed as well. Makes sense to me. They are certainly no worse than a dragon breath round.

Yes archer can add poison can do that IF they have poison use as a standard action. So.. not gonna happen. Without use poison you have a chance to poison yourself.

Btw i was re reading Elves of Golarion and all of the alchemic arrow stuff CAN also be used on crossbows RAW. so crossbows are covered.

Lantern Lodge 5/5

I believe it would be in the same grouping as the faction traits as those are considered campaign traits as well.

Shadow Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵ Venture-Lieutenant, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East aka thistledown

Noticed that it's now all Empyreal Lords... except Irez. Who seems a lot like Lissala's 'Good Twin'. Was she just taken out because of the similarities to Lissala, or some mechanics thing?

Grand Lodge 4/5 Venture-Agent, Nevada—Las Vegas aka kinevon

David Higaki wrote:
I believe it would be in the same grouping as the faction traits as those are considered campaign traits as well.

Yeah, the faction traitsare the campaign traits for PFS, but common sense is giving me too reasonable answers, that are diametrically opposed.

Common sense 1: They are campaign traits, and therefore illegal for PFS.

Common sense 2: All traits from the book are legal for PFS, so these traits are, too.

I can build the character either way. I can give up Focused Mind for Dangerously Curious, and keep the feat that lets me sub in Int mod for Cha mod for UMD.

I could also just give up UMD for him entirely, and spend the trait and feat on something more central to his build.

Grand Lodge 4/5 Venture-Captain, California—Sacramento aka FLite

thistledown wrote:
Noticed that it's now all Empyreal Lords... except Irez. Who seems a lot like Lissala's 'Good Twin'. Was she just taken out because of the similarities to Lissala, or some mechanics thing?

There was a thread a little while back that was discussing problems with mystery cultists for certain lords when used in PFS play. Could this be related to that?

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2pty4?Mystery-Cultists-and-Obediences-in-PFS#17

Scarab Sages 5/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Louisiana—New Orleans aka Thar

which feat is that kinevon?

Grand Lodge 4/5 Venture-Agent, Nevada—Las Vegas aka kinevon

Thar wrote:
which feat is that kinevon?

Turned out to be two traits, rather than a trait and a feat.

Dangerously Curious, and a trait from the new Primer that lets you use Int mod instead of Cha mod for a single Charisma-based skill. Methodical or something like that. At work right now, so...

Shadow Lodge

thistledown wrote:
Noticed that it's now all Empyreal Lords... except Irez. Who seems a lot like Lissala's 'Good Twin'. Was she just taken out because of the similarities to Lissala, or some mechanics thing?

Irez is not legal because of her association with Harrow, and because her Obedience, quoted below, is easily rigged.

Irez Obedience wrote:

Neatly inscribe six identical pairs of runes on

12 separate cards or squares of paper. Shuffle the cards
facedown and draw two. On a match, gain a +4 sacred bonus
on saves against spells cast from two schools of magic of
your choice. On a mismatch, gain a +4 sacred bonus on saves
against spells cast from scrolls. (Alternatively, draw two
cards from a harrow deck, gaining one benefit for matching
suits and the other if not.)

Almost everything that involves Harrow is illegal in PFS.

Shadow Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵ Venture-Lieutenant, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East aka thistledown

Hmm. I was about to say that there were more empyreal lords you could worship but not take the obedience feat for, but it looks like I was wrong - you just can't get the boon benefit for doing the obedience.

Oh well, plenty of other things to follow. Missing one is no great loss.

Scarab Sages

In regards to Faiths & Philosophies, were the Traits meant to be left out of the legal resources?

Grand Lodge 5/5 Pathfinder Society Campaign Coordinator

As an FYI, in the next update to Additional Resources, the Vulture domain in Faiths & Philosophies will be changed from Agent of Rebirth to the following:

At 8th level, the druid can cast an extended air walk spell as a spell-like ability once per day.

Lantern Lodge

Hey Mike, could I inconvenience you for an estimate on when we might see the AR update? Thanks bud!

Grand Lodge 5/5 Pathfinder Society Campaign Coordinator

Most likely end of September.

Lantern Lodge

Much appreciated Mike, thanks for the heads up.

Liberty's Edge 2/5

Michael, did you intend to leave the Bleeding Arrow Legal. I asked above but since your on :-) I dont want to go out and buy a bunch of those if it was an oops.

Grand Lodge 5/5 Pathfinder Society Campaign Coordinator

neferphras wrote:
Michael, did you intend to leave the Bleeding Arrow Legal. I asked above but since your on :-) I dont want to go out and buy a bunch of those if it was an oops.

Yes

Liberty's Edge 2/5

Michael Brock wrote:
neferphras wrote:
Michael, did you intend to leave the Bleeding Arrow Legal. I asked above but since your on :-) I dont want to go out and buy a bunch of those if it was an oops.
Yes

Ok thanks


I hate to mention this, as it benefits my character, but Angel Quill Arrowheads are legal. The last sentence in the items description says that silver and adamantine are also available for the same price. That makes an adamantine angle quill arrow 50 gp cheaper than an adamantine arrow. I do not know if this is an actual issue as I always use a weapon blanch on my arrows so the price is equivalent, but thought I should mention it.

301 to 350 of 1,501 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Organized Play / Pathfinder Society / Additional Resources Updates All Messageboards