Additional Resources Updates


Pathfinder Society

551 to 600 of 1,501 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Sczarni 5/5 5/55/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber

Most feats have a "prerequisites" section, just after the flavor text. You must meet all of them.

If the Ripsaw Glaive says it can only be wielded by gnomes, then it can only be wielded by gnomes.

If spells in the Cheliax book say that only Cheliax Faction members may cast them, then only Cheliax Faction members may cast them.

In short, go by what is written, not by what is unwritten.

Grand Lodge 4/5 Venture-Captain, California—Sacramento aka FLite

Goes looking for the ripsaw glaive....

Grand Lodge 4/5

FLite wrote:
Goes looking for the ripsaw glaive....

Psst..Gnomes of Golarian.

Scarab Sages 2/5

Nefreet wrote:


If the Ripsaw Glaive says it can only be wielded by gnomes, then it can only be wielded by gnomes.

Am I missing something?...I see no Gnomes only requirement.

Gnome Weapons and Armor
Gnomes have several lesser-known weapons and shields
they’ve developed to offset liabilities of stature. Members
of other races often find these too “fiddly” or odd, but
many are effective in the right hands.

5/5 Venture-Agent, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East aka Pirate Rob

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cascade wrote:
Nefreet wrote:


If the Ripsaw Glaive says it can only be wielded by gnomes, then it can only be wielded by gnomes.

Am I missing something?...I see no Gnomes only requirement.

Gnome Weapons and Armor
Gnomes have several lesser-known weapons and shields
they’ve developed to offset liabilities of stature. Members
of other races often find these too “fiddly” or odd, but
many are effective in the right hands.

You are missing nothing except the if in Nefreet's post.

Digital Products Assistant

Additional Resources has been updated with February products.

4/5

Disappointed but not the least bit surprised that Dirty Trick Master didn't make the cut.

Silver Crusade 5/5

Say, any idea when Wardens of the Reborn Forge will get sanctioned? Back when Carrion Crown got sanctioned we were told it should be out by the end of January, and here it is almost March and nothing. I'm just curious, I've been dying to run ths...

Shadow Lodge

redward wrote:
Disappointed but not the least bit surprised that Dirty Trick Master didn't make the cut.

Also not surprised that Signature Moves didn't make the cut.

However I am very confused why Marked By Unknown Forces is illegal. I mean it's light 3/day with a small bit about making people more helpful towards you if they have a helpful disposition towards the symbol, it would have been very interesting to have a character who 3/day could cause the Gylph of the Open Road to appear on the palm of their hand and produce light.

Also I want to say it's not really clear that it means Alternate Racial Traits for page 5-13.

Paizo Employee 5/5 Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dylos wrote:
However I am very confused why Marked By Unknown Forces is illegal. I mean it's light 3/day with a small bit about making people more helpful towards you if they have a helpful disposition towards the symbol, it would have been very interesting to have a character who 3/day could cause the Gylph of the Open Road to appear on the palm of their hand and produce light.

We considered the range of options that might be available to someone given the choice to choose a symbol and realized not only that there were a hefty number of symbols that nearly every non-evil creature would view favorably (thus ensuring much easier social encounters) but also likely a good number more symbols that we weren't thinking of that would accomplish the same concept but even more effectively.

Perhaps we'll revisit the option in the future, but for now it seems a bit too open to abuse in an organized play setting to open up.

5/5 5/55/55/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.
John Compton wrote:
We considered the range of options that might be available to someone given the choice to choose a symbol and realized not only that there were a hefty number of symbols that nearly every non-evil creature would view favorably(thus ensuring much easier social encounters) and likely a good number more symbols that we weren't thinking of that would accomplish the same concept but even more effectively.

... why does that gnome have an ice cream cone floating over his head.

Mmmm.. ice cream...

Shadow Lodge

John Compton wrote:
Dylos wrote:
However I am very confused why Marked By Unknown Forces is illegal. I mean it's light 3/day with a small bit about making people more helpful towards you if they have a helpful disposition towards the symbol, it would have been very interesting to have a character who 3/day could cause the Gylph of the Open Road to appear on the palm of their hand and produce light.

We considered the range of options that might be available to someone given the choice to choose a symbol and realized not only that there were a hefty number of symbols that nearly every non-evil creature would view favorably (thus ensuring much easier social encounters) but also likely a good number more symbols that we weren't thinking of that would accomplish the same concept but even more effectively.

Perhaps we'll revisit the option in the future, but for now it seems a bit too open to abuse in an organized play setting to open up.

Perhaps it could be made legal without affecting NPC disposition, light 3/day can still be a very nice trait for non casters.

The Exchange 5/5 Venture-Agent, Kentucky—Lexington

Quote:
Feats: all feats on pages 16-17

Isn't this the center fold?

The Exchange

UndeadMitch wrote:
Say, any idea when Wardens of the Reborn Forge will get sanctioned? Back when Carrion Crown got sanctioned we were told it should be out by the end of January, and here it is almost March and nothing. I'm just curious, I've been dying to run ths...

Wondering this, too...hoping it's still going to be sanctioned--that something hasn't changed? I'm almost done running Dragon's Demand for the group and looking forward to getting to play one. :)

Shadow Lodge

James Risner wrote:
Quote:
Feats: all feats on pages 16-17
Isn't this the center fold?

It is, the centerfold is a feat.

Paizo Employee 5/5 Developer

2 people marked this as a favorite.
teribithia9 wrote:
UndeadMitch wrote:
Say, any idea when Wardens of the Reborn Forge will get sanctioned? Back when Carrion Crown got sanctioned we were told it should be out by the end of January, and here it is almost March and nothing. I'm just curious, I've been dying to run ths...
Wondering this, too...hoping it's still going to be sanctioned--that something hasn't changed? I'm almost done running Dragon's Demand for the group and looking forward to getting to play one. :)

In examining my schedule earlier this year, it was determined that I needed to push toward some very tight deadlines and prioritize those before sanctioning. I'm still working on some sanctioning projects off-the-clock, and they're not off my radar; however, I do request patience on the module front. At this time I do not have a date for Wardens of the Reborn Forge.

Oh, and I know the quoted section doesn't ask this, but yes, I believe we will sanction the Mummy's Mask Adventure Path. I'll have more information once I give the first volume a closer look.

The Exchange 5/5 Venture-Agent, Kentucky—Lexington

Dylos wrote:
It is, the centerfold is a feat.

/facepalm

Silver Crusade 5/5

John Compton wrote:
teribithia9 wrote:
UndeadMitch wrote:
Say, any idea when Wardens of the Reborn Forge will get sanctioned? Back when Carrion Crown got sanctioned we were told it should be out by the end of January, and here it is almost March and nothing. I'm just curious, I've been dying to run ths...
Wondering this, too...hoping it's still going to be sanctioned--that something hasn't changed? I'm almost done running Dragon's Demand for the group and looking forward to getting to play one. :)

In examining my schedule earlier this year, it was determined that I needed to push toward some very tight deadlines and prioritize those before sanctioning. I'm still working on some sanctioning projects off-the-clock, and they're not off my radar; however, I do request patience on the module front. At this time I do not have a date for Wardens of the Reborn Forge.

Oh, and I know the quoted section doesn't ask this, but yes, I believe we will sanction the Mummy's Mask Adventure Path. I'll have more information once I give the first volume a closer look.

Thanks for the answer, I do appreciate the response. I'll probably just run the module as part of a home game, it looks pretty fun, even if it's not able to be sanctioned yet.

Thanks for all your hard work.

5/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Finland—Tampere aka Rei

Aw, disappointed to see Averaka Arbiter didn't make it. I can see why, I just really liked the flavor of it.

The Exchange

John Compton wrote:
teribithia9 wrote:
UndeadMitch wrote:
Say, any idea when Wardens of the Reborn Forge will get sanctioned? Back when Carrion Crown got sanctioned we were told it should be out by the end of January, and here it is almost March and nothing. I'm just curious, I've been dying to run ths...
Wondering this, too...hoping it's still going to be sanctioned--that something hasn't changed? I'm almost done running Dragon's Demand for the group and looking forward to getting to play one. :)

In examining my schedule earlier this year, it was determined that I needed to push toward some very tight deadlines and prioritize those before sanctioning. I'm still working on some sanctioning projects off-the-clock, and they're not off my radar; however, I do request patience on the module front. At this time I do not have a date for Wardens of the Reborn Forge.

Oh, and I know the quoted section doesn't ask this, but yes, I believe we will sanction the Mummy's Mask Adventure Path. I'll have more information once I give the first volume a closer look.

Just ask one of the pretty ladies around the office!

I'm excited to hear this news about Mummy's Mask :D

The Exchange

John Compton wrote:
teribithia9 wrote:
UndeadMitch wrote:
Say, any idea when Wardens of the Reborn Forge will get sanctioned? Back when Carrion Crown got sanctioned we were told it should be out by the end of January, and here it is almost March and nothing. I'm just curious, I've been dying to run ths...
Wondering this, too...hoping it's still going to be sanctioned--that something hasn't changed? I'm almost done running Dragon's Demand for the group and looking forward to getting to play one. :)

In examining my schedule earlier this year, it was determined that I needed to push toward some very tight deadlines and prioritize those before sanctioning. I'm still working on some sanctioning projects off-the-clock, and they're not off my radar; however, I do request patience on the module front. At this time I do not have a date for Wardens of the Reborn Forge.

Oh, and I know the quoted section doesn't ask this, but yes, I believe we will sanction the Mummy's Mask Adventure Path. I'll have more information once I give the first volume a closer look.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, John. Happy to hear it's still in the works, even if the eta's a ways out. :)

Thanks for all the cool things you've worked so hard on implementing this year--we appreciate you!

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Compton wrote:

In examining my schedule earlier this year, it was determined that I needed to push toward some very tight deadlines and prioritize those before sanctioning. I'm still working on some sanctioning projects off-the-clock, and they're not off my radar; however, I do request patience on the module front. At this time I do not have a date for Wardens of the Reborn Forge.

Oh, and I know the quoted section doesn't ask this, but yes, I believe we will sanction the Mummy's Mask Adventure Path. I'll have more information once I give the first volume a closer look.

Good news on both fronts. Very much looking forward to the chronicle sheets for both Wardens and Mummy's Mask! Can't wait to play both.

Shadow Lodge 5/5 5/55/55/55/5 Venture-Captain, Indiana—Southern aka CanisDirus

John Compton wrote:
Oh, and I know the quoted section doesn't ask this, but yes, I believe we will sanction the Mummy's Mask Adventure Path. I'll have more information once I give the first volume a closer look.

Having been away from the boards for a bit, I'm curious - are there going to eventually be something for Wrath of the Righteous for those who play it in campaign mode? (I am fairly sure that there would be no way to run each book with PFS characters due to the mythic nature and all that). Not complaining if not, just curious (since I'm gearing up to start playing it in the near future methinks!)

Lots of awesome stuff lately!

5/5 Venture-Agent, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East aka Pirate Rob

John Compton wrote:


In examining my schedule earlier this year, it was determined that I needed to push toward some very tight deadlines and prioritize those before sanctioning. I'm still working on some sanctioning projects off-the-clock, and they're not off my radar; however, I do request patience on the module front. At this time I do not have a date for Wardens of the Reborn Forge.

Oh, and I know the quoted section doesn't ask this, but yes, I believe we will sanction the Mummy's Mask Adventure Path. I'll have more information once I give the first volume a closer look.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to Wardens of the Reborn Forge sanctioning, and PFS rules for the upcoming Tears at Bitter Manor.

3/5

CanisDirus wrote:


Having been away from the boards for a bit, I'm curious - are there going to eventually be something for Wrath of the Righteous for those who play it in campaign mode? (I am fairly sure that there would be no way to run each book with PFS characters due to the mythic nature and all that). Not complaining if not, just curious (since I'm gearing up to start playing it in the near future methinks!)

Lots of awesome stuff lately!

Mike has said somewhere that WotR is not going to be given chronicles, there's a thread about it some ways back.

Liberty's Edge 2/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.

is the Silvanshee as a familiar illegal in PFS. I could swear i have seen people using it, but when i looking under Bestiary 2 listing it is not called out as being legal?

Shadow Lodge

Nathan Hartshorn wrote:
CanisDirus wrote:


Having been away from the boards for a bit, I'm curious - are there going to eventually be something for Wrath of the Righteous for those who play it in campaign mode? (I am fairly sure that there would be no way to run each book with PFS characters due to the mythic nature and all that). Not complaining if not, just curious (since I'm gearing up to start playing it in the near future methinks!)

Lots of awesome stuff lately!

Mike has said somewhere that WotR is not going to be given chronicles, there's a thread about it some ways back.

FTFY.

Liberty's Edge 2/5

Never Mind on the above

Grand Lodge 4/5 Venture-Agent, Nevada—Las Vegas aka kinevon

Okay, is my browser acting up, or is the last update to Additional Resources still the one from January 29th?

Grand Lodge 2/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

That's what's on the page, but if you download the pdf it's date the end of February.

Shadow Lodge

kinevon wrote:
Okay, is my browser acting up, or is the last update to Additional Resources still the one from January 29th?

The date wasn't updated for the Feb 28 update.

Grand Lodge 4/5 Venture-Agent, Nevada—Las Vegas aka kinevon

Dylos wrote:
kinevon wrote:
Okay, is my browser acting up, or is the last update to Additional Resources still the one from January 29th?
The date wasn't updated for the Feb 28 update.

And the whole of the March update? Champions of Balance, for example?

Shadow Lodge

We're still waiting on it.

Dark Archive Venture-Agent, Washington—Redmond

kinevon wrote:
Dylos wrote:
kinevon wrote:
Okay, is my browser acting up, or is the last update to Additional Resources still the one from January 29th?
The date wasn't updated for the Feb 28 update.
And the whole of the March update? Champions of Balance, for example?

The additional resources page is usually updated on the Wednesday after the monthly retail release. According to the CS thread regarding the March releases, street date was the 26th... So I estimate Chris will post the March update here tomorrow, or at worst by the end of the week.

Digital Products Assistant

2 people marked this as a favorite.

March products are now up on the Additional Resources page. Chronicle sheet/rules for play for Mummy's Mask are still in process.

5/5

Speaking of Mummy's Mask, the first book is not called The Witch Queen's Revenge... I'm looking forward to those AP chronicle sheets, though!

Shadow Lodge

Yay, guntwirling is legal, now to figure out how to make a build with enough feats to take advantage of it!

Digital Products Assistant

Dan Simons wrote:
Speaking of Mummy's Mask, the first book is not called The Witch Queen's Revenge... I'm looking forward to those AP chronicle sheets, though!

Oh, derp. I blame the fact that I was not finished with coffee. Should be fixed up now :)

Silver Crusade 4/5 5/55/55/5 RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

For Pathfinder Player Companion: Blood of Fiends, the Feats: and Traits: section headers are not bolded like the other section headers, and I presume that they should be.

Under Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition blood money, covetous aura, deathwine, raiment of command, sign of wrath, swipe, and unconscious agenda should be italicized (they are not currently) and blood money shouldn't be capitalized (it is currently).

Under Ultimate Combat, Horse Master is referred to once as a trait and once as a feat. It is a feat, so the reference to the Horse Master trait should be changed to the Horse Master feat.

Sczarni 5/5 5/55/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber

Just noticed a typo under the Warpriest section of the Advanced Class Guide playtest.


When are the Additional Resources usually updated? I'm thinking of buying Inner Sea Gods but I want to see what in it might be legal in Society before deciding.


Dread Knight wrote:
When are the Additional Resources usually updated? I'm thinking of buying Inner Sea Gods but I want to see what in it might be legal in Society before deciding.

End of the month, usually.

Shadow Lodge

Dread Knight wrote:
When are the Additional Resources usually updated? I'm thinking of buying Inner Sea Gods but I want to see what in it might be legal in Society before deciding.

After the street date. Since the street date for Inner Sea Gods is April 30th, don't count on setting the update until May.

Liberty's Edge 2/5 5/5

Pathfinder Companion, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I am all twitchy for the addition of Inner Sea Combat to the AR page. Iroran paladin here I come!

Shadow Lodge 5/5

Its usually the last Wednesday of the month I think. Which would be also the release date.

Digital Products Assistant

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Additional Resources has been updated. Chronicle sheets for Mummy's Mask and Pathfinder Tales are still pending.

5/5

Whoa, Spellscar Drifter is legal. Didn't see that coming. Pleasantly surprised with all this. Griffon-riding musketeer, here we go!

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

A slight issue with inner sea gods, Glorious Heat needs to have the same clause it has for faiths of purity.

Additionally, I notice Butterfly's Sting has been reprinted in Inner Sea Gods, and unlike the original it requires worship of a specific god. Will Butterfly's Sting be removed from Faiths of Purity or will both versions stay legal?

Grand Lodge 5/5 Global Organized Play Coordinator

Dylos wrote:

A slight issue with inner sea gods, Glorious Heat needs to have the same clause it has for faiths of purity.

Additionally, I notice Butterfly's Sting has been reprinted in Inner Sea Gods, and unlike the original it requires worship of a specific god. Will Butterfly's Sting be removed from Faiths of Purity or will both versions stay legal?

Thanks. Butterfly's Sting will be removed from Faiths of Purity and Glorious Heat will be updated. Both will be taken care of in the next AR update.

Grand Lodge 4/5 Venture-Agent, Nevada—Las Vegas aka kinevon

Michael Brock wrote:
Dylos wrote:

A slight issue with inner sea gods, Glorious Heat needs to have the same clause it has for faiths of purity.

Additionally, I notice Butterfly's Sting has been reprinted in Inner Sea Gods, and unlike the original it requires worship of a specific god. Will Butterfly's Sting be removed from Faiths of Purity or will both versions stay legal?

Thanks. Butterfly's Sting will be removed from Faiths of Purity and Glorious Heat will be updated. Both will be taken care of in the next AR update.

Anyone want to say which diety? This may affect my 13th level PC...

551 to 600 of 1,501 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Organized Play / Pathfinder Society / Additional Resources Updates All Messageboards