3PP Free RPG Day Offerings!


Product Discussion

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Just wanted to publically mention what I annoyed the group I went with to Free RPG Day all day saying to them: the 3PP Free RPG Day offerings were pretty spectacular. I'd put Temple of Orcus as one of the nicest products I'd gotten ever, actually, and LPJs NeoExodus adventure was equally awesome. I'd gladly have paid for either of them, and think they might have actually been better to run and have fun than the OFFICIAL Pathfinder module! The Gaming Paper product was pretty neat as well, although I'd have loved a smaller-scale copy of the map as well. I'd also mention that I'm fairly certain these did their job as marketing tools as well. I may be dying inside slowly from the sheer agony of waiting for Shadowsfall now after reading the preview materials in Temple of Orcus (Wanderers!), and, while I actually have the stuff from the NeoExodus stuff, I can see how it would whet the appetites for it from that module... and the one or two that I didn't have are high on my acquisition list now! You guys should be proud of yourselves! And the rest of you lot? If you missed one of these products, you should go find one ASAP!


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

I really liked The Gaming Paper offering as well. I'll definitely buy some of their product in the future. I liked it much better than the Paizo adventure.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I want to thank everyone who supported all the 3PP by picking up our products, not just for Free RPG Day, but all the time. Without your support none of the 3PP would exist so thanks to you again. Also thanks to all the stores that support Free RPG Day! They are the real unsung heroes of all this.

Lantern Lodge

I got a copy of both of the Free RPG day 3PP modules but haven't had a chance to look them over yet. This post is going to have reading both tonight. I was majorly disappointed with the Paizo offering.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Only ones I was able to snag by going to different stores was the Harn map, Paizo book and Temple of Orcus. At the first shop they had everything thats when I grabbed ToO, after that all the 3pp pathfinder stuff was already gone by the time I got to the other stores.


I must say, the wanderers are pretty cool :-) What info was in there about them? I'm torn between checking it out and not ruining the surprise for my PaizoCon game of it!

Jon Brazer Enterprises

Stark Enterprises VP wrote:

I'd put Temple of Orcus as one of the nicest products I'd gotten ever, actually,

I may be dying inside slowly from the sheer agony of waiting for Shadowsfall now after reading the preview materials in Temple of Orcus (Wanderers!),

You guys should be proud of yourselves!

Thank you sir! You just made my day!

LMPjr007 wrote:
I want to thank everyone who supported all the 3PP by picking up our products, not just for Free RPG Day, but all the time. Without your support none of the 3PP would exist so thanks to you again. Also thanks to all the stores that support Free RPG Day! They are the real unsung heroes of all this.

What Louis said. Spot on as always sir.

The little I've heard so far is that the Temple of Orcus went fast just about everywhere! If you didn't get a copy. It will be a free PDF in a few hours here on Paizo.com. Also, I will have a few print copies at PaizoCon on sale for $5.


Dale McCoy Jr wrote:
The little I've heard so far is that the Temple of Orcus went fast just about everywhere! If you didn't get a copy. It will be a free PDF in a few hours here on Paizo.com. Also, I will have a few print copies at PaizoCon on sale for $5.

For those of us who were not able to make it to free RPG day and are not getting to Paizocon, can we mail you a check for $5 plus shipping and when it clears you can mail a copy to us? Pretty please? With brains on top?

Or should I threaten? If you don't let me buy a print copy of Temple of Orcus, I will take a wild guess at where you live, shuffle over there and eat your brain (hopefully I guess correctly, otherwise someone else will be really unlucky)!!

Jon Brazer Enterprises

I'm also working on getting print copies available at DriveThruRPG. But that is a few weeks away yet.


Dale McCoy Jr wrote:
I'm also working on getting print copies available at DriveThruRPG. But that is a few weeks away yet.

Very cool!


I'm really depressed now. The only store around that did free RPG day apparently shut down permanently :(


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aaron aka Itchy wrote:
For those of us who were not able to make it to free RPG day and are not getting to Paizocon, can we mail you a check for $5 plus shipping and when it clears you can mail a copy to us? Pretty please? With brains on top?

Undying Legacy of the First Ones is available here in print exclusively from Paizo.com for only $5. We do plan to release the PDF version for free in the near future.


LMPjr007 wrote:
Undying Legacy of the First Ones is available here in print exclusively from Paizo.com for only $5. We do plan to release the PDF version for free in the near future.

Awesome! You rock! I have shopping carted it, it will arrive with my next subscription shipment.

-Aaron

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

For the poster who asked about the Wanderers... the module had the full race writeup and a sample adventurer as one of the pregenerated characters. My favorite new race since Fantasy Flight Games created their opposite numbers, the Risen Demons.


Stark Enterprises VP wrote:


For the poster who asked about the Wanderers... the module had the full race writeup and a sample adventurer as one of the pregenerated characters. My favorite new race since Fantasy Flight Games created their opposite numbers, the Risen Demons.

Hey Stark, thanks! I was trying to not download it until after my game with it at Paizcon. Turns out Dale convinced me to download it to check out the player's section. I'm fairly familiar with the race, and was wondering what made it in :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I didn't get the Gaming Paper adventure, but reading the JBE and LPJr-products, I agree - they are neat indeed! Of course, the reviews are coming as well. :)


I did get the gaming paper adventure (but through the kickstarted, not by going to a FreeRPG day event), though I have not had time to read through it yet. When I do (which will be at least a week away) I will see if I can get a review up for it as well as for the other Free RPG stuff that I have not downloaded yet, but which are in my queue.

-Aaron


Endzeitgeist wrote:
I didn't get the Gaming Paper adventure, but reading the JBE and LPJr-products, I agree - they are neat indeed! Of course, the reviews are coming as well. :)

I hear you will be at GenCon! It will be GREAT to meet you in person and hand you a copy there.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Third-Party Pathfinder RPG Products / Product Discussion / 3PP Free RPG Day Offerings! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.