Let's Talk About Anime


Television

601 to 650 of 3,993 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

So... I finally sat down and began watching MSG again. Just finished watching the first episode, in fact.

I had forgotten how Amuro's first time piloting of the Gundam was both clumsy and desperate, mainly because he had no training as a pilot.

Looking forward to seeing his first encounter with Char in the next episode. The Zeon ace stood out to me more from my previous viewing than Amuro and continues to even now. His presence just causes any scene he's in to pop.

Edit: while my respect for Amuro is growing, I still find him to be very boring.


Blayde MacRonan wrote:

A man with conviction... I can respect that. But before you go all violent on me, you should let me actually go back and rewatch it from MSG on. Being older and wiser, I can admit to the possibility of being wrong. Can't do that if I've been 'dispatched' as a heretic.

However, if it is a duel you wish to have... draws the hilt of his beam saber and assumes a defensive stance before igniting the weapon

Just understand that Yoshiyuki Tomino was originally going to have Amuro die about halfway through the series, with the crew of the White Base having to ally with Char (who'd be given a red Gundam, no less), but finally having to battle him after he takes control of the Principality of Zeon. This concept gets explored somewhat in both Z Gundam and Char's Counterattack.

Again, it's not that I didn't watch Mobile Suit Gundam... it's just that when I did initially, I didn't go further than the surface. I just took it all at face value, which as a kid around 11 or 12 years old, meant that I wasn't looking for deeper subtext. I just wanted action. And when it came to that, I found MSG boring. But that may have been due to this simple fact: the enemy wasn't alien, but human. Again, I liked Char, but the Zeon were more or less human. Which was the point, after all. Star Blazers had the Iscandar and the Gamilons, Robotech had the Zentraedi, the Masters, and the Invid. Compared to that, the Zeon came off as... meh.

However, I do respect the franchise in spite of being a self professed 'hater'. Without Gundam, there'd be no Macross/Robotech. And without Gundam to serve as inspiration, del Toro's Pacific Rim would not have been the same.

Still, I can't say that I'd be looking forward to such an outcome.

Your knowledge of True Gundam is impressive. There will be no bloodshed between us this day. You have earned my respect.

Silver Crusade

I've had to explain my dislike for MSG before. Which meant having an understanding of the lore. And that's what really drives most fans crazy. I absolutely love the lore... the series itself, not so much.

But again, I probably need fresh eyes on the subject. Twenty some years is long enough to try another viewing.

BTW: I loved the 2nd episode. Char's one-man photo run of the White Base was awesome. Amuro's frustration at not being able to draw a bead on him. But something I didn't notice initially was the fear Char expressed when Amuro blasts through Slender's Zaku with one shot. I picked up on that fairly quick this go round.


I take back my comment about "not too much fan service" in SAO. It's like someone with too much authority to swing around realized "Oh, this s~!% is popular? Throw some jiggly-boobs into season 2! More popularz!"

Ah well, it's still fun. :)

Silver Crusade

Beautifully animated and exquisitely acted:

Inferno Cop

The Exchange

Tequila Sunrise wrote:

I take back my comment about "not too much fan service" in SAO. It's like someone with too much authority to swing around realized "Oh, this s%@@ is popular? Throw some jiggly-boobs into season 2! More popularz!"

Ah well, it's still fun. :)

We talking second arc or trailers for the second season, because if your talking second arc theres actually a point behind that as the first arc the characters are all in bodies that match their RL forms second arc you hit a game in which you can have a customised avatar (even if it still has to be the same sex as you) and we all know what gamers are like with those.


Nychus wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

I take back my comment about "not too much fan service" in SAO. It's like someone with too much authority to swing around realized "Oh, this s%@@ is popular? Throw some jiggly-boobs into season 2! More popularz!"

Ah well, it's still fun. :)

We talking second arc or trailers for the second season, because if your talking second arc theres actually a point behind that as the first arc the characters are all in bodies that match their RL forms second arc you hit a game in which you can have a customised avatar (even if it still has to be the same sex as you) and we all know what gamers are like with those.

Lol true, but I'm also thinking of Kirito's real world teenage cousin/sister. (13 years old I think?) She's well developed for her age, and has provided quite a few service moments.


Tequila Sunrise wrote:
Nychus wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

I take back my comment about "not too much fan service" in SAO. It's like someone with too much authority to swing around realized "Oh, this s%@@ is popular? Throw some jiggly-boobs into season 2! More popularz!"

Ah well, it's still fun. :)

We talking second arc or trailers for the second season, because if your talking second arc theres actually a point behind that as the first arc the characters are all in bodies that match their RL forms second arc you hit a game in which you can have a customised avatar (even if it still has to be the same sex as you) and we all know what gamers are like with those.
Lol true, but I'm also thinking of Kirito's real world teenage cousin/sister. (13 years old I think?) She's well developed for her age, and has provided quite a few service moments.

thank god. My attention was waning.


Haha, should have known, Freehold.

Actually, I do enjoy the uncertainty of potential incest in foreign lit and tv. I'm never sure what the local attitude toward it is, so it lends uncertainty to too-often-predictable romance plots.

Still pretty sure how SAO's love triangle is going to turn out, though. :p

Silver Crusade

I laughed outloud at episode 7 when acting Captain Bright slapped the taste out of Kai's mouth, and again at Amuro's distaste at receiving orders from women.

The former needs to happen more often in the military (I've seen more than a few d-bags that needed more than a good slap to the face). The latter, however, wouldn't fly in today's 'tolerant' culture.

I forgot how much I loved Bright.

Alright, back to MSG....


Yes. Keep watching. Keep watching.....


I want to speak to you all of a tale of this past Memorial Day weekend.

So when I wasn't at Clockwork Alchemy prepping for the Steampunk Fashion Show, I periodically took trips over to Fanime (thank you, shuttle buses!), and on one of those, I went through the dealers hall.

Where I found a die-cast replica model of Spike Spiegel's Swordfish 2.

I want you all to be very proud of me.

I didn't buy it.

Barely.

RPG Superstar 2011 Top 8

I recently purchased a relatively cheap collection of the original Mobile Suit Gundam off of Ebay. I wasn't really expecting much considering the price. The picture quality is very good but the translation- well, I think it's from a Chinese source. All the characters have Chinese names- Amuro is translated "Yabao" and "Char" is "Masha." Haro is "white gourd" for some reason. The translation does lead to some funny moments though I'm still not sure which ship it was that they were referring to as the "Horse Sword."

Recently, I saw that the first season of Star Blazers was for sale on Amazon. I watched the Space Battleship Yamato movies for the first time last year after finding this thread. Amazon sells a collection of a bunch of the movies, but the reviews are not very good. However, I wonder if its the same version that Netflix uses which weren't too bad, I though.


I forget which Yamato movie I watched that Netflix had up on streaming some time back (may still be there), but it was a *terribly* bad sub, and was from a ridiculously poor source - to the point that it was over 6 hours long, restarted multiple times through the stream (like, it would get 45 minutes in, then restart with slightly different subtitles), and was full of no-content black-screen patches.

I quit at the 2 hour mark, removed it from my queue and never looked back. Hopefully they've gotten better sources since then.

RPG Superstar 2011 Top 8

jemstone wrote:

I forget which Yamato movie I watched that Netflix had up on streaming some time back (may still be there), but it was a *terribly* bad sub, and was from a ridiculously poor source - to the point that it was over 6 hours long, restarted multiple times through the stream (like, it would get 45 minutes in, then restart with slightly different subtitles), and was full of no-content black-screen patches.

I quit at the 2 hour mark, removed it from my queue and never looked back. Hopefully they've gotten better sources since then.

The discs I got from them weren't that bad- the sub, overall, was pretty good (unlike the Gundam one I bought which is nearly incomprehensible). Just looking at Amazon, there's a couple of different collections out there so I'm not sure which one Netflix has. It took awhile to get those discs (which meant I ended up watching the movies all out of order...!). I'll check Netflix tonight to see if they have a streaming one but their animation section is a lot smaller than it was a couple of years ago.

Speaking of streaming- does anyone have a subscription to Funimation? I was thinking about picking one up when I drop HBO after Game of Thrones wraps up. I was curious to see if anyone had any thoughts, good or bad about it. I know if I got a Roku box, I could stream it through my TV which is a big selling point for me.


Just finished SAO. The second arc ended pretty much how I expected it to, but I'm nevertheless looking forward to the next -- if there is a third arc!

jemstone wrote:

Where I found a die-cast replica model of Spike Spiegel's Swordfish 2.

I want you all to be very proud of me.

I didn't buy it.

Barely.

I don't know what that is, but I applaud your will to resist an impulsive buy!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The thing I didn't like about SAO was how they took a strong female character and turned her into the helpless princess in arc two. But otherwise it was fairly good. I found Log Horizon to be better than SAO. Even though I did love SAO.


Yeah, that was pretty lame of the writers. Even in the first arc...

Spoiler:
Asuna becomes pretty passive almost as soon as she and Kirito become a couple. Kirito's Aura of Black Leather Badassery (Ex) tends to have that effect on all the show's female characters.

Silver Crusade

Tequila Sunrise wrote:

Just finished SAO. The second arc ended pretty much how I expected it to, but I'm nevertheless looking forward to the next -- if there is a third arc!

Yes, there will be a third arc... and it's coming soon.

@Freehold.... I'm up to episode 15, not much more to go. Amuro's mother in episode 13 really teed me off this go round, whereas my previous viewing left me strangely unaffected by it all.


Just started Fate/Zero, and I'm enjoying it thus far. King Arthur's identity was a fresh twist, although it hasn't been without its holes...

Spoiler:
Arthur/Arthuria says that she likes the pants-suit that Irisviel bought for her, because it's easy to move in, and she's accustomed to dressing like a man anyway. And then like three scenes later, when she magics-up to duel the lancer dude, she manifests a gown. Wut?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

Just started Fate/Zero, and I'm enjoying it thus far. King Arthur's identity was a fresh twist, although it hasn't been without its holes...

** spoiler omitted **

If you haven't seen it already, Fate/Stay was before Fate/Zero. Zero is technically 1st chronologically, but is a later released prequel.

Silver Crusade

Tequila Sunrise wrote:

Just started Fate/Zero, and I'm enjoying it thus far. King Arthur's identity was a fresh twist, although it hasn't been without its holes...

** spoiler omitted **

Well, that's Saber's armor. Think of it as an armored kilt. That's how I rationalize it. There's more going on with that than the anime series talks about. The full story is in the light novels that the Fate animes are based on.


Rathendar wrote:
If you haven't seen it already, Fate/Stay was before Fate/Zero. Zero is technically 1st chronologically, but is a later released prequel.

I knew nothing of Fate/Stay, thanks! Crunchyroll has something called Fate/kaleid liner, which I'm guessing is it.

Blayde MacRonan wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
Just started Fate/Zero, and I'm enjoying it thus far. King Arthur's identity was a fresh twist, although it hasn't been without its holes...
Well, that's Saber's armor. Think of it as an armored kilt. That's how I rationalize it. There's more going on with that than the anime series talks about. The full story is in the light novels that the Fate animes are based on.

Okay, I'm happy that there is an explanation somewhere. Maybe I'll read the novels sometime; can you recommend them as good reads?

Silver Crusade

Fate/stay night started as a visual novel and is an eroge-type or hentai game done in the style of a dating sim. The company, TYPE-MOON, did doujin soft visual novels before stay. They're responsible for Tsukihime, which became an anime as well. Fate/zero is a prequel to stay, taking place 10 years prior. It is done as a four volume series of light novels and has been adapted to manga format in Young Ace. kaled liner is an alternate take on stay involving magical girls, if memory serves. It has a manga as well as the anime.

The volumes that I've read (one and most of two) aren't bad. They offer more details on certain aspects than the anime does, but only just. I'm thinking that volume 3 may go more into detail about Saber's time as a mortal, but that's based more on my anime knowledge than anything else. I'll know for certain after tonight.

EDIT

Spoiler:
A friend said that I should've just consulted the TYPE MOON Wiki. Turns out what you want is up on the wiki under Saber's childhood. So, read that to get a better handle on what Saber meant.
Hope that helps.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

I havent really watched a Gundam Series since SEED (which I enjoyed) and havent seen SEED Destiny. But I am watching Unicorn now and going into it knowing nothing about it and assuming that it was going to be some alt universe Gundam you cant imagine my surprise that it takes place in the UC.

BRIGHT NOAH!!

Also its great to see the evolution of several of the mobile suits from the the various UC series including the Quebley, the Sazabi (the Sinaju!) and the Zeta Plus.

Watching episode 7 and just saw the Hyaku Shiki's oversized beam gun being used by one of the GM derivatives.

Really enjoying this show.

RPG Superstar 2011 Top 8

ShinHakkaider wrote:

I havent really watched a Gundam Series since SEED (which I enjoyed) and havent seen SEED Destiny. But I am watching Unicorn now and going into it knowing nothing about it and assuming that it was going to be some alt universe Gundam you cant imagine my surprise that it takes place in the UC.

BRIGHT NOAH!!

Also its great to see the evolution of several of the mobile suits from the the various UC series including the Quebley, the Sazabi (the Sinaju!) and the Zeta Plus.

Watching episode 7 and just saw the Hyaku Shiki's oversized beam gun being used by one of the GM derivatives.

Really enjoying this show.

I only discovered Unicorn a month or so before part 7 came out (which is good, since I didn't have the long wait). Great series and I would love to pick it up if the blu rays weren't like 40+ bucks a piece for one episode.


Tequila Sunrise wrote:
Rathendar wrote:
If you haven't seen it already, Fate/Stay was before Fate/Zero. Zero is technically 1st chronologically, but is a later released prequel.

I knew nothing of Fate/Stay, thanks! Crunchyroll has something called Fate/kaleid liner, which I'm guessing is it.

Blayde MacRonan wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
Just started Fate/Zero, and I'm enjoying it thus far. King Arthur's identity was a fresh twist, although it hasn't been without its holes...
Well, that's Saber's armor. Think of it as an armored kilt. That's how I rationalize it. There's more going on with that than the anime series talks about. The full story is in the light novels that the Fate animes are based on.
Okay, I'm happy that there is an explanation somewhere. Maybe I'll read the novels sometime; can you recommend them as good reads?

Fate/Stay is getting redone by the studio that did Fate/Zero. I think you only need to wait a season or two for it and you can watch it fresh.

Fate/Kalieid Liner is a stand alone series that isn't directly connected to the other ones. It reimagines the whole concept as a Magical Girl series. Same characters as Fate/Stay just whole different concept. Main character is Illyasviel von Einzbern, the sweet little daughter of Kiritsugu and Irisviel from Fate/Zero.

It's a little weird watching it after having seen Fate/Zero but it's actually pretty good. Especially once the fighting gets serious.


Thanks for the info, Greylurker!

Finished Fate/Zero tonite; good show overall. It took me quite a few episodes to realize that the Grail War is supposed to be waged out of public sight, even though I don't think that fact is supposed to be any kind of reveal. Iskandar seems to be framed as a protagonist, but I think he's just a more likable d-bag than Gilgamesh.

Wasn't very impressed with the ending, but oh well, I guess it's a prequel series after all.

Spoiler:
...Though really, Kiritsugu couldn't come up with any wish to make the world a better place? Like, I know he was expecting to be able to just go "Make everyone happy and healthy," but even with the "the Grail can only grant wishes that you understand" stipulation...that's still a lot of options!


ShinHakkaider wrote:

I havent really watched a Gundam Series since SEED (which I enjoyed) and havent seen SEED Destiny. But I am watching Unicorn now and going into it knowing nothing about it and assuming that it was going to be some alt universe Gundam you cant imagine my surprise that it takes place in the UC.

BRIGHT NOAH!!

Also its great to see the evolution of several of the mobile suits from the the various UC series including the Quebley, the Sazabi (the Sinaju!) and the Zeta Plus.

Watching episode 7 and just saw the Hyaku Shiki's oversized beam gun being used by one of the GM derivatives.

Really enjoying this show.

never thought I would favorite a post with someone saying something positive about SEED, but there you go.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I finally watched Gundam Build Fighters. It was almost totally predictable except... the final episode was quite the surprise; but I won't spoil that for people. It was also VERY kiddy. But it was fun to watch and you kinda HAD to like the characters because the battle's were predictable.

I started out wondering why I was watching this show at the start and by the end routing for everyone to save the day. I still think the Universal Century gundam shows are best, but this does make you wish you could buy a model and then fight with it in real life.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aranna wrote:

I finally watched Gundam Build Fighters. It was almost totally predictable except... the final episode was quite the surprise; but I won't spoil that for people. It was also VERY kiddy. But it was fun to watch and you kinda HAD to like the characters because the battle's were predictable.

I started out wondering why I was watching this show at the start and by the end routing for everyone to save the day. I still think the Universal Century gundam shows are best

See? We CAN agree on some things, Aranna.

Aranna wrote:

but this does make you wish you could buy a model and then fight with it in real life.

You...don't already do that?


Hunter x Hunter's Ant story came to an end today. If you haven't seen it, it was one of the most amazing Shonen story arcs I've seen. Very powerful and very moving finish to a fantastic story. The Entire arc runs from episode 76-135.

The character development of the main antagonist in this arc is remarkable and the whole story really does stand apart from other Shonen action shows.

I really recommend it,

unless you are adverse to the shedding of manly tears


Started catching up on my anime now that I am streaming, and getting my wife to watch. We just finished Claymore and both series of Hellsing.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Wow...

Epic...

I just watched Gundam Unicorn to it's completion.
THIS is why Universal Century is the best of ALL the Gundam arcs.

It may be one of the best Anime ever made.


Freehold DM wrote:
Aranna wrote:

I finally watched Gundam Build Fighters. It was almost totally predictable except... the final episode was quite the surprise; but I won't spoil that for people. It was also VERY kiddy. But it was fun to watch and you kinda HAD to like the characters because the battle's were predictable.

I started out wondering why I was watching this show at the start and by the end routing for everyone to save the day. I still think the Universal Century gundam shows are best

See? We CAN agree on some things, Aranna.

Aranna wrote:

but this does make you wish you could buy a model and then fight with it in real life.

You...don't already do that?

We should agree on more than that I would hope.

And is that second part a joke? Gunpla isn't real.


Aranna wrote:

Wow...

Epic...

I just watched Gundam Unicorn to it's completion.
THIS is why Universal Century is the best of ALL the Gundam arcs.

It may be one of the best Anime ever made.

weeps manly tears

Silver Crusade

Hey Freehold.... I'm trying to regain the ground I lost while undergoing the moving process. Hopefully after this weekend I'll be done with MSG. Looks like I'll be checking out Unicorn if it's as good as Aranna says. Any other Gundam recommendations (what to watch, what to avoid) from you guys?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hmmm... My first Gundam was Gundam 0083: Stardust memory (which I remember as epic... but I was very young and impressionable so who knows I would have to watch it again to give an adult critique on it)

Then I watched War in the Pocket some time later (short but it has a good story) from the anime club

Followed by Char's Counterattack provided by my boyfriend (before he became my boyfriend)

I think After war X-gundam was my next one

08th MS team was next

then IGLOO

then Gundam Build Fighters

and finally Unicorn

All through this I have seen random episodes or story arcs from: Z, ZZ, Seed, Destiny, and AGE.

I liked the ones I watched all of. I was less impressed with the ones I have only seen pieces of. But I like the UC universe the best so far.

IGLOO was great as well. It was very well done.


PS: I read MSG from the novels and I have never seen it.

PPS: My boyfriend swears by Seed and Destiny as his favorites... If his opinion matters.


If someone hadn't seen any Gundam, where would you suggest starting?

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'll go on record as stating that the original Mobile Suit Gundam was alot better than I remembered. That said, I still don't like Amuro Ray, as I found him to be very boring as a character. If anything, my re-watching of the series reinforced my love of Char's character. That man is devious and he makes no apologies for being who and what he is. I will say that what Amuro goes through in becoming a soldier for the Earth Federation is handled very well. And the battle fatigue he experiences is very realistic.

I guess my initial dislike stems mostly from the fact of having watched the giant robot shows and MSG being nothing like that. It's a war show that has giant robots, much like Macross/Robotech. I got that as a kid with Macross, but not with MSG for some reason.

I'll probably watch Zeta next. My plan is to watch all of the Universal Century shows.

So, congratulations Freehold! You've successfully turned me into a Gundam fan (if only for the UC arc).


You could try watching it all in chronological order... something I was thinking about since I haven't seen all of the stuff in UC.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO (January, UC0079) {Aranna rating: A+}
Mobile Suit Gundam (September, UC0079) {? haven't seen}
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team (October, UC0079) {A}
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket (December, UC0079) {A}
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory (UC0083) {A+}
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (UC0087) {B or C}
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (UC0088) {B or C}
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack (UC0093) {A+}
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (UC0096) {A+}

for the UC chronology.

Silver Crusade

Hmmm.... MS IGLOO. Those were short films, right? I've seen Miller's Report (08th Team), War in the Pocket, Stardust Memory, and Char's Counterattack, but none of the others.

Looks like I'll be busy watching Gundam for a while.

Now, because I don't know the difference, what separates Universal Century from After Colony (which is where Wing takes place, if memory serves)? Because from what I can tell, UC seems more grounded in realism for a science fiction series (Minovsky reactors and M-particles aside).


Yes IGLOO was an OAV series.

History is probably the biggest difference between the various universes.

After Colony is set in a universe in which the Gundams are the primary arm of the space colony's resistance, rather than a small part of a larger army formed for resistance. The After Colony timeline ends sometime before the present-day events of Frozen Teardrop, and is continued in the Mars Century or MC era during which that novel takes place. - to quote wiki.


Almost forgot about this thread.

So to recap the Spring season:

Captain Earth: Still ongoing, still cool. Has been making a few changes in what would usually be the Super Robot Status Quo at a fairly rapid pace.

Brynhldr: I was right about this getting dark. I read ahead in the manga, and I'm not sure if my heart can take what's going to happen later.

Hitsugi no Chaika(Chaika the Coffin Princess): Another good work. Season 2 is coming this fall.

Majin Bone is turning out to be surprisingly solid despite the somewhat low-quality animation. Probably because they put most of that budget into some slick CGI fight scenes.

I actually lost track of Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers, but since the episodes I saw were still fun, I'm picking back up where I left off.

Daimdaler is also something I lost track of, but I think I'm just gonna skip ahead to the ending to see how that train wreck ended.

Nobunaga the Fool was a fun ride, but I didn't like how it ended. It's like they suddenly ran out of ideas and decided to follow history for a "shocking" swerve.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Blayde MacRonan wrote:

I'll go on record as stating that the original Mobile Suit Gundam was alot better than I remembered. That said, I still don't like Amuro Ray, as I found him to be very boring as a character. If anything, my re-watching of the series reinforced my love of Char's character. That man is devious and he makes no apologies for being who and what he is. I will say that what Amuro goes through in becoming a soldier for the Earth Federation is handled very well. And the battle fatigue he experiences is very realistic.

I guess my initial dislike stems mostly from the fact of having watched the giant robot shows and MSG being nothing like that. It's a war show that has giant robots, much like Macross/Robotech. I got that as a kid with Macross, but not with MSG for some reason.

I'll probably watch Zeta next. My plan is to watch all of the Universal Century shows.

So, congratulations Freehold! You've successfully turned me into a Gundam fan (if only for the UC arc).

weeps manly tears

Look at me, Tomino-osensei...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
thejeff wrote:
If someone hadn't seen any Gundam, where would you suggest starting?

I started with 0083...It's still a favorite up until the director changes, I did not care for the series after the turn up until the last episode or so.

I would strongly suggest you start with 08 MS Team or the original series- it truly pays to watch Gundam in chronological order.


Aranna wrote:

Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO (January, UC0079) {Aranna rating: A+}

Mobile Suit Gundam (September, UC0079) {? haven't seen}
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team (October, UC0079) {A}
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket (December, UC0079) {A}
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory (UC0083) {A+}
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (UC0087) {B or C}
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (UC0088) {B or C}
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack (UC0093) {A+}
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (UC0096) {A+}

for the UC chronology.

Also, this.

Very, very good ratings, Aranna. I approve, though I would give 08 MS Team an A+. You also neglected Gundam F91, V Gundam and Ring of Gundam(not that that last counts).


Aranna wrote:

Hmmm... My first Gundam was Gundam 0083: Stardust memory (which I remember as epic... but I was very young and impressionable so who knows I would have to watch it again to give an adult critique on it)

Then I watched War in the Pocket some time later (short but it has a good story) from the anime club

Followed by Char's Counterattack provided by my boyfriend (before he became my boyfriend)

I think After war X-gundam was my next one

08th MS team was next

then IGLOO

then Gundam Build Fighters

and finally Unicorn

All through this I have seen random episodes or story arcs from: Z, ZZ, Seed, Destiny, and AGE.

I liked the ones I watched all of. I was less impressed with the ones I have only seen pieces of. But I like the UC universe the best so far.

IGLOO was great as well. It was very well done.

I approve of your boyfriend and his choices.

601 to 650 of 3,993 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Entertainment / Television / Let's Talk About Anime All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.