Rappan Athuk


Product Discussion

601 to 650 of 2,200 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Oops, Chuck! Warning! Warning! Danger, Will Robinson! $195 pledge is like 2 X $100 pledge, so the hardcopies are unsigned and unnumbered. This can verified with the FAQ on KS RA site.

Really, the cheapest option to get both signed & numbered books for Pathfinder and Swords & Wizardry is to make two $175 pledges. There was no option for like a $345 pledge.

I was at $500 level for the longest time for that very reason before I moved on.

RPG Superstar 2011 Top 8

Zarathos wrote:

Oops, Chuck! Warning! Warning! Danger, Will Robinson! $195 pledge is like 2 X $100 pledge, so the hardcopies are unsigned and unnumbered. This can verified with the FAQ on KS RA site.

Really, the cheapest option to get both signed & numbered books for Pathfinder and Swords & Wizardry is to make two $175 pledges. There was no option for like a $345 pledge.

I was at $500 level for the longest time for that very reason before I moved on.

Ok, thanks. I see it FAQed under the info about the $250 pledge. Thanks!

Dark Archive

I just upgraded my pledge from $100 to $250. It'll be like opening up a very large and expansive Boxed Set! I'll be so happy, my wallet will learn to enjoy it too.

August can't come soon enough.

The Exchange

Hobbun wrote:
I just made the jump to one of the higher pledges. Hoping my pocketbook won’t regret this. :)

Your pocketbook might, but you likely will not.


Skeeter Green wrote:

HEY!

You guys broke $180k, you get Gods and demons now! Congrats!

YOU HAVE DONE WELL, MORTALS. BUT NOT WELL ENOUGH. PLEDGE MORE. PLEDGE MORE NOW.

Frog God Games

Zarathos wrote:

Oops, Chuck! Warning! Warning! Danger, Will Robinson! $195 pledge is like 2 X $100 pledge, so the hardcopies are unsigned and unnumbered. This can verified with the FAQ on KS RA site.

Really, the cheapest option to get both signed & numbered books for Pathfinder and Swords & Wizardry is to make two $175 pledges. There was no option for like a $345 pledge.

I was at $500 level for the longest time for that very reason before I moved on.

That's why I said "I think" because I knew that I would get something wrong. ;) Thanks, Zarathos.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Does anyone know if the (potential) subscription going to be written for PF, S&W or both?

The Exchange

Steve Geddes wrote:
Does anyone know if the (potential) subscription going to be written for PF, S&W or both?

Given the trends of the past projects, I'd bet both.

Shadow Lodge

Yeah, almost everything that Frog God Games has done has been for both systems. The only exceptions are Slumbering Tsar and a couple of other modules that were left over from the Necromancer Games days..


Wolfthulhu wrote:
Steve Geddes wrote:
Does anyone know if the (potential) subscription going to be written for PF, S&W or both?
Given the trends of the past projects, I'd bet both.

Ill cry about it, and b&%*h and moan, but it will be for both systems.

We try and dual-support both as often as possible. Tsar was a special case of timing, mostly.

SG

PS The Gods and Demons Appendix is most certainly not a direct reprint, although I may just leave the spell cutt-off for nostalgia's sake.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

In an effort to get my players to pledge something I've told them that I will award their current characters in the campaign we are playing 10 xp per dollar pledged.

Not sure if it will work, but I am not at all above simple bribery!


Pathfinder Lost Omens Subscriber

Can we add a 200k goal of hiring a backup for the Bytes Interactive guy so that, if he decides to take a 2 or 3 week vacation in mid August, we can still get the RA .pdf uploaded as soon as it's ready?


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Skeeter Green wrote:
Wolfthulhu wrote:
Steve Geddes wrote:
Does anyone know if the (potential) subscription going to be written for PF, S&W or both?
Given the trends of the past projects, I'd bet both.

Ill cry about it, and b&%*h and moan, but it will be for both systems.

We try and dual-support both as often as possible. Tsar was a special case of timing, mostly.

SG

Thanks. I'm something of a FGG newcomer (though I'm catching up). I'm glad to hear Slumbering Tsar was an exception rather than the rule (I'm afraid my sympathy for your increased workload pales beside my enthusiasm for more S&W material).

Cheers. :)


Well, since the $180,000 goal was met I went and upped my pledge to $500.00. I want that GM Journal, gosh darnit!

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Darwyn wrote:
Well, since the $180,000 goal was met I went and upped my pledge to $500.00. I want that GM Journal, gosh darnit!

Just to make sure you know what the GM Journal is:

"It is basically a plain journal branded by us that the GMs can take notes in."


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Skeeter Green wrote:
PS The Gods and Demons Appendix is most certainly not a direct reprint, although I may just leave the spell cutt-off for nostalgia's sake.

KHAAAAAAN!!!

...er, I mean...

GREEEEEEN!!!!

Frog God Games

We left the "salad" typo in Tome of Horrors Complete for nostalgia. :-)

Frog God Games

We need more backers! Traveller is catching up. Get your players to buy players packs!


Bill Webb wrote:
We need more backers! Traveller is catching up. Get your players to buy players packs!

Subscription service now available! Check it out!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/froggodgames/rappan-athuk/posts

SG


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Well, I just kicked my $250 pledge up to $300 for the subscription.

My poor wallet now has the "broken" condition, but it's still worth it!

RPG Superstar 2010 Top 32

Clearly Tsathogga is the demon lord of money extraction. He's very good at it.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Skeeter Green wrote:
Bill Webb wrote:
We need more backers! Traveller is catching up. Get your players to buy players packs!

Subscription service now available! Check it out!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/froggodgames/rappan-athuk/posts

SG

Hate you all... TAKE MY MONEY!

Liberty's Edge

Alzrius wrote:

Well, I just kicked my $250 pledge up to $300 for the subscription.

My poor wallet now has the "broken" condition, but it's still worth it!

+1

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Likewise, kicked up.

Question, can we put someone else's name in the book instead of our own?


Huzzah for subscription. $250 -> $300

Scarab Sages

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

Is it possible to get two different pledges on the same account, I was going to get an extra T-shirt by picking up the $20 players pledge in addition to my current pledge. Do I just add $20 onto the pledge amount and tell you about it later??


sanwah68 wrote:
Is it possible to get two different pledges on the same account, I was going to get an extra T-shirt by picking up the $20 players pledge in addition to my current pledge. Do I just add $20 onto the pledge amount and tell you about it later??

Why not have a friend sign up, then you pay the friend; we get another pledger, and you get the shirt! Win-Win!

SG


I am attempting to answer multiple posts in this post which may be too complex for Blonde Frog over here, but I'll take a stab...
@Shadowcat7 You rock! That is exactly what we need more GMs doing!
@Darwyn the GM Journal is going to rock, I'm snagging several myself cause they are just freakin' cool.
@Joe Wells It's all apart of being evil, bwahahahahaha
@Matthew Morris Yes, on the survey you can specify any person's name you want, final approval by us of course for anyone out there thinking of truly horrible names to add.
@sanwah68 You will be able to add on schwaggy type stuff on the survey. Some items won't be available like the collector stuff so if you want to lock in those items pledge for them now. Of course Skeeter has the right idea that you definitely should get more friends to back and look at the project.

In fact if you haven't tweeted and facebooked the project yet to the whole world to see what are you waiting for???


Goal is currently at $187,369, 731 backers, and 8 days left! Impressive, quite impressive indeed! We're literally right around the corner from meeting the $200,000 goal.


davrion wrote:
Darwyn wrote:
Well, since the $180,000 goal was met I went and upped my pledge to $500.00. I want that GM Journal, gosh darnit!

Just to make sure you know what the GM Journal is:

"It is basically a plain journal branded by us that the GMs can take notes in."

Eh, the point's moot now anyway. I just upped my pledge again for the subscription.

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

I let the FLGS know about the retailer pledge. Who knows?


Heh,

On our FGG Obituaries page, you can see quite a cross-section of dead PCs from FGG/Necro products. I myself am on there, apparently I died going down the Well...

SG

Frog God Games

Six days to go. We're in the home stretch. C'mon, Dover! Move your bloomin'...

Frog God Games

Traveller is gonna win unless we get more backers...we need fantasy players to hook in!

Shadow Lodge

I think Traveller is almost certainly going to overtake it. The real question is if the extra day after Traveller closes will allow Rappan Athuk to snatch the crown back.

I see it being a VERY close race indeed.

Dark Archive

Yeah, they will probably overtake the total before the end easily, they have so many more backers.


I don't mind Traveller taking the lead. It was an amazing game back when there were no real science fiction RPGs at all. Heck, DnD had just started getting going when Traveller appeared. I say Kudos to them!

(Still hoping we take the crown from them the day after they close though!)

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

And I think that Traveller is a game and RA is a huge adventure. It makes sense that a game would attract more people in general. And hoping RA takes the prize... I would never invest in Traveller what I have in RA.


Shem wrote:
And I think that Traveller is a game and RA is a huge adventure. It makes sense that a game would attract more people in general. And hoping RA takes the prize... I would never invest in Traveller what I have in RA.

Some facts about the RA Kickstarter:

We set our to raise $25k to cover printing.

We DOUBLED the previous RPG book Kickstarter, from a company way bigger than twice our size in distribution.

The company that may end up with the highest grossing total has almost TWICE the pledger's we have, and they only nudged us out.

We have a higher per-pledge dollar amount.

We're releasing a book; they are releasing an entire version of their rules.

Combined, RA and Traveller have raised (currently) almost $400k in pre-sales, in a bad economy. Thats a DAMN good thing for the industry, no matter who it is.

Im proud as Hell of both our companies. More power to more companies trying to get product out.

(But Im still pissed they will probably beat us!)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Wow, where did all this "they'll probably beat us" sentiment come from?

Last time I checked (about an hour ago) Rappan Athuk was still in the lead, and I'm betting it'll stay in the lead! As Skeeter noted, people who pledge to RA pledge more than those who do so for Traveller.

Moreover, ours lasts a day longer than theirs, so all else being equal, we should still be able to maintain the edge and close ut this thing ahead, all the moreso since we're in it longer than they are.

I say we'll see RA go all the way and be the highest-grossing tabletop RPG Kickstarter ever!

Shadow Lodge

Alzrius wrote:
Wow, where did all this "they'll probably beat us" sentiment come from?

Probably from the fact that a few days ago, the lead was something like $12K, and right now it's decreased to about $300.

Traveller WILL be in the lead by the time it's funding period finishes. That's pretty damned inevitable. The only question is: Will the extra day allow RA to reclaim the crown?


Kthulhu wrote:
The only question is: Will the extra day allow RA to reclaim the crown?

Both the Crown and Rod Kthulhu, maybe even the Orb.

Shadow Lodge

Make that $200...and shrinking.

Shadow Lodge

And now they're about $100 ahead.


Thanks, Kthulu, for keeping it real. However, here is some perspective and a reality check. On June 16 & 17, the largest single backer pledges came in. At this point, about ten days ago, RA was ahead of Traveller5 with the largest delta of about $21,000. Over this ten day period, they closed the gap and pulled ahead. If Bill hadn't brought the subscription option forward, Traveller5 would have pulled ahead about three days ago.

Traveller5 has had a persistent and consistent rate of increase over this time while RA has had large transient spikes. If RA and Traveller5 rates are about the same over the next 4 days as they have been over the previous ten, Traveller5 has possibility of creating a gap about $8000 in their favor. Which would leave RA about 28 hours to close that gap. The possibility of gaining a substantial number of new backers is low. Unless, Bill has got some secret backers in reserve, we are in trouble.

So, to have even the glimmer of a chance, Bill is going to have to get a little crazy. A majority of the $100 & $250 pledges have got to move up $50 and he has got to figure out an incentive for them to do so. The $100 pledges have shown interest in the dice; perhaps he could include a set with the subscription. The $250 pledges already get a set; I don't know if another is going to do it.

Traveller5 is kicking our ass and taking names, not because of the current delta but because of number of backers along with the rate of increase. That makes sense because it is a ruleset with player material. Frog God Games sells adventures which appeals to GMs and those that like to read their well-written material. However, without great adventures, a RPG is severely diminished but player material does sell better.

I apologize for the frankness of my statement above. I really like FGG and am a huge fan but there are facts and then there is wishful thinking.

Current delta in Traveller5's favor as of this writing : $1083 and continuing to climb.

Frog God Games

I have as couple of tricks (heavy hitter stores etc.) left--but not sure they will do it. I'll see where we are in 4 days

Frog God Games

All that said, the support we've received is beyond any expectations we had.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Returning on a more optimistic note, Frog God Games is the best third-publisher of adventures and modules that I have ever seen for world's oldest fantasy RPG from 1974-2008. Their adventurers are excellent and second-to-none except maybe for some of Greg's outside work. Ironically, by September of this year due to WOTC's reprinting of 1e and 3.5e core books, FGG will concurrently support both D&D versions with minimal conversion.

Shadow Lodge

Yeah. Don't let this tarnish what is still an truly amazing feat. Hell, look at it this way: Rappan Athuk is staying competitive in the total funding area with only slightly more than HALF the backers.

Liberty's Edge

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I am really glad to be part of this, and very much looking forward to get the items, and for some good Burgers at PaizoCon next year... ;)

601 to 650 of 2,200 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Third-Party Pathfinder RPG Products / Product Discussion / Rappan Athuk All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.