The LGBT Gamer Community Thread.


Gamer Life General Discussion

301 to 350 of 17,442 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

It feels like it would be nice if this LGBT stuff was more of an opt-in thing.


Amazing story, Dogbladewarrior.

Shadow Lodge

I agree with Freehold. The last part made me laugh a bit too.


Meophist wrote:
It feels like it would be nice if this LGBT stuff was more of an opt-in thing.

I'm not really sure what you mean by that.


I agree. Cool story, dogbladewarrior. Makes you think a bit. :)


lynora wrote:
Meophist wrote:
It feels like it would be nice if this LGBT stuff was more of an opt-in thing.
I'm not really sure what you mean by that.

Would you like to be a sexual or gender minority?

[ ] YES
[ ] NO

Having that choice would've been nice.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
Dogbladewarrior wrote:
Samnell wrote:


I've heard giant robots can also be involved. Admittedly that comes up less often in most social situations.

I would totally sleep with a giant robot.

I'm pretty sure that Samnell's comment might have been a reference to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Or not...


Ah. Yes, there have definitely been times.

Then again there are a lot of things that would have been nice to have a choice about. It would have been nice to be tall for instance. I know that's not the same, but for me it kinda puts it in perspective.


lynora wrote:

Ah. Yes, there have definitely been times.

Then again there are a lot of things that would have been nice to have a choice about. It would have been nice to be tall for instance. I know that's not the same, but for me it kinda puts it in perspective.

I would rather be short.

I would definitely would like the choice with my sexuality, gender, and other things. I am less sure what I would choose. That said, even being able to choose to not change would be welcome even if it's temporary.


ShinHakkaider wrote:
Dogbladewarrior wrote:
Samnell wrote:


I've heard giant robots can also be involved. Admittedly that comes up less often in most social situations.

I would totally sleep with a giant robot.

I'm pretty sure that Samnell's comment might have been a reference to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Or not...

Actually no. I'm years behind on my mecha watching. I think the last full series I sat through was RahXephon. I didn't much watch this show, but I remember the creators being on Tech TV and someone asked about the accuracy of the final claim in the lyrics:

"I don't know, do they?" The whole female audience (which ok was about 20 people) cheered.


Meophist wrote:

Would you like to be a sexual or gender minority?

[ ] YES
[ ] NO

Having that choice would've been nice.

Having the choice between being human, mountain, wind or a stellar radiation would be nicer.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Meophist wrote:

Would you like to be a sexual or gender minority?

[ ] YES
[ ] NO

Having that choice would've been nice.

Having the choice between being human, mountain, wind or a stellar radiation would be nicer.

Can I submit this as a feature request?


Meophist wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Meophist wrote:

Would you like to be a sexual or gender minority?

[ ] YES
[ ] NO

Having that choice would've been nice.

Having the choice between being human, mountain, wind or a stellar radiation would be nicer.
Can I submit this as a feature request?

Who said we haven't filled that form already? I mean, beginning of time was a looong time ago, its normal we can't recall...

I say that half jokingly, but I do believe in reincarnation and I do believe that we are making these choices every day for this life and the one(s) to come.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Laurefindel wrote:

Who said we haven't filled that form already? I mean, beginning of time was a looong time ago, its normal we can't recall...

I say that half jokingly, but I do believe in reincarnation and I do believe that we are making these choices every day for this life and the one(s) to come.

My previous life must have made some bad choices then...

In any case, cis-hetero is overpowered. Nerf plz.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Meophist wrote:

My previous life must have made some bad choices then...

In any case, cis-hetero is overpowered. Nerf plz.

Not necessarily. Pioneers often have it hard, but not necessarily as a punishment.

There is nothing wrong about being minority; there is something wrong about the majority picking on that minority (and the other way around actually). Heterosexuality isn't to blame, but those who abuse of the power/fail-safe granted by being part of a majority are the ones to blame IMO. The same power to pick on others (putting it mildly) can be achieve even as a minority; this has been politically observed throughout history.


Laurefindel wrote:
Meophist wrote:

My previous life must have made some bad choices then...

In any case, cis-hetero is overpowered. Nerf plz.

Not necessarily. Pioneers often have it hard, but not necessarily as a punishment.

There is nothing wrong about being minority; there is something wrong about the majority picking on that minority (and the other way around actually). Heterosexuality isn't to blame, but those who abuse of the power/fail-safe granted by being part of a majority are the ones to blame IMO. The same power to pick on others (putting it mildly) can be achieve even as a minority; this has been politically observed throughout history.

I'm rather glad to be gay. I imagine being straight is really boring and/or tedious. Of course I don't really know, but it looks that way from the outside looking in.


Laurefindel wrote:
There is nothing wrong about being minority; there is something wrong about the majority picking on that minority (and the other way around actually). Heterosexuality isn't to blame, but those who abuse of the power/fail-safe granted by being part of a majority are the ones to blame IMO. The same power to pick on others (putting it mildly) can be achieve even as a minority; this has been politically observed throughout history.
I'm finding it rather troublesome being, well, several minorities even if nobody else does anything about it. Some of my minority aspects I find pretty much meaningless, but for others... I don't quite like being who I am.
Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:
I'm rather glad to be gay. I imagine being straight is really boring and/or tedious. Of course I don't really know, but it looks that way from the outside looking in.

I don't find being straight or gay really makes much of a difference. Not until somebody else gets involved, in any case, but I don't have much experience with that.


Meophist wrote:
Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:
I'm rather glad to be gay. I imagine being straight is really boring and/or tedious. Of course I don't really know, but it looks that way from the outside looking in.
I don't find being straight or gay really makes much of a difference. Not until somebody else gets involved, in any case, but I don't have much experience with that.

Compare Marti Gras with Southern Decedance. Both are big New Orleans parties, but Southern Decedance is A LOT more fun.

This is all personal anecdotal evidence, but I would choose to be gay given the option. It's a lot better in my opinion.


Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:
Meophist wrote:
Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:
I'm rather glad to be gay. I imagine being straight is really boring and/or tedious. Of course I don't really know, but it looks that way from the outside looking in.
I don't find being straight or gay really makes much of a difference. Not until somebody else gets involved, in any case, but I don't have much experience with that.

Compare Marti Gras with Southern Decedance. Both are big New Orleans parties, but Southern Decedance is A LOT more fun.

This is all personal anecdotal evidence, but I would choose to be gay given the option. It's a lot better in my opinion.

I'm speaking for experience myself. I don't really see the two to be all that different. In terms of more interesting ones, I think there are others.


Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:
Laurefindel wrote:
Meophist wrote:

My previous life must have made some bad choices then...

In any case, cis-hetero is overpowered. Nerf plz.

Not necessarily. Pioneers often have it hard, but not necessarily as a punishment.

There is nothing wrong about being minority; there is something wrong about the majority picking on that minority (and the other way around actually). Heterosexuality isn't to blame, but those who abuse of the power/fail-safe granted by being part of a majority are the ones to blame IMO. The same power to pick on others (putting it mildly) can be achieve even as a minority; this has been politically observed throughout history.

I'm rather glad to be gay. I imagine being straight is really boring and/or tedious. Of course I don't really know, but it looks that way from the outside looking in.

Gee thanks for reminding me. As a hetero, non functioning, male, I can tell you that it is really dull, but that looking the other way is kind of inspiring, at least around here.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Terquem wrote:
Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:
Laurefindel wrote:
Meophist wrote:

My previous life must have made some bad choices then...

In any case, cis-hetero is overpowered. Nerf plz.

Not necessarily. Pioneers often have it hard, but not necessarily as a punishment.

There is nothing wrong about being minority; there is something wrong about the majority picking on that minority (and the other way around actually). Heterosexuality isn't to blame, but those who abuse of the power/fail-safe granted by being part of a majority are the ones to blame IMO. The same power to pick on others (putting it mildly) can be achieve even as a minority; this has been politically observed throughout history.

I'm rather glad to be gay. I imagine being straight is really boring and/or tedious. Of course I don't really know, but it looks that way from the outside looking in.
Gee thanks for reminding me. As a hetero, non functioning, male, I can tell you that it is really dull, but that looking the other way is kind of inspiring, at least around here.

You're welcome. ;-)


For Dogbladewarrior:

Spoiler:
Dogbladewarrior wrote:
Before this incident I was always pretty harsh(mostly jokingly but not completely) on people that were virgins for a long time (or even just people who experienced long dry spells)

Can I ask why you weren't entirely joking about this?

I mean, I can understand that getting laid isn't a problem, if that's all you're after. Just wait until the bars start to close and pick up any desperate stragglers, but some people like to have a little more meaning to their sexual encounters than that.

lynora wrote:
Then again there are a lot of things that would have been nice to have a choice about. It would have been nice to be tall for instance. I know that's not the same, but for me it kinda puts it in perspective.

Trust me, being tall isn't always all that great. Finding clothes that fit is a pain in the ass (especially if you have muscular legs, like I do, to boot).


Being straight isn't boring.

Alright, it could be boring, but that has nothing to do with being straight.


Thanks for the support guys, I’m glad you liked that personal story. There are actually quite a few incidents and conversations that have had a big effect on me, perhaps I will post some more later, especially the ones that relate directly to this thread’s subject matter.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Samnell wrote:
ShinHakkaider wrote:
Dogbladewarrior wrote:
Samnell wrote:


I've heard giant robots can also be involved. Admittedly that comes up less often in most social situations.

I would totally sleep with a giant robot.

I'm pretty sure that Samnell's comment might have been a reference to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Or not...

Actually no. I'm years behind on my mecha watching. I think the last full series I sat through was RahXephon. I didn't much watch this show, but I remember the creators being on Tech TV and someone asked about the accuracy of the final claim in the lyrics:

"I don't know, do they?" The whole female audience (which ok was about 20 people) cheered.

Whatever your original reference you have inadvertently sold me on a naughty encounter with a giant robot. If I ever become a rich man(and gain all the universe jumping powers that obviously entails) I shall find an Anime Super Engineer™ and have him build me one.

I imagine the conversation might go a bit like this:

Me: “I need you to build me the most powerful Gundam you can and put the strongest weapons and armor on it you can find.”

Anime Engineer: “Hmmm, Ok, are you starting a war or something?”

Me: “No my good man, I am simply a person that has grown tired of my small, delicate lovers and how gentle I must always remind myself to be with them to avoid hurting them. I need a true war machine in my harem for my more drunken, wild nights. I need you to build this mecha so that I may make love to it!”

Anime Engineer: “…?”


3 people marked this as a favorite.
GentleGiant wrote:


lynora wrote:
Then again there are a lot of things that would have been nice to have a choice about. It would have been nice to be tall for instance. I know that's not the same, but for me it kinda puts it in perspective.
Trust me, being tall isn't always all that great. Finding clothes that fit is a pain in the ass (especially if you have muscular legs, like I do, to boot).

It's not any easier buying clothes when you're short. Having to hem everything is a given of course. And I have to buy low-rise pants just to get pants that don't have waists that come up to my bra. :/

I think what I'm taking away here is that what I consider tall is more average height. :)


Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:

Compare Marti Gras with Southern Decedance. Both are big New Orleans parties, but Southern Decedance is A LOT more fun.

This is all personal anecdotal evidence, but I would choose to be gay given the option. It's a lot better in my opinion.

Lol, I hear you but then again there is this perspective:

(Saw this the other night but wasn’t paying attention to the TV and couldn’t find the clip online so this might not be verbatim)

“You know what’s so wrong with being gay? There is no vagina!” –Stan Smith at the water cooler.

“Oh yeah, you always need one of those.” –Friend one.

“I wish I had a vagina.” -Friend two.

Men are great but there is no downside to a beautiful woman, they are so intoxicating to me! I’m addicted!!!!! ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dogbladewarrior wrote:
Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:

Compare Marti Gras with Southern Decedance. Both are big New Orleans parties, but Southern Decedance is A LOT more fun.

This is all personal anecdotal evidence, but I would choose to be gay given the option. It's a lot better in my opinion.

Lol, I hear you but then again there is this perspective:

(Saw this the other night but wasn’t paying attention to the TV and couldn’t find the clip online so this might not be verbatim)

“You know what’s so wrong with being gay? There is no vagina!” –Stan Smith at the water cooler.

“Oh yeah, you always need one of those.” –Friend one.

“I wish I had a vagina.” -Friend two.

Men are great but there is no downside to a beautiful woman, they are so intoxicating to me! I’m addicted!!!!! ;)

Here's the thing. "No vagina" is a selling point in my circles. They're super and all, I guess, but i have no use for one. Sorry, ladies.


In response to Gentle Giant the answer to your question is a simple one.

Spoiler:

Because I am a d!ck.


Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:


Here's the thing. "No vagina" is a selling point in my circles. They're super and all, I guess, but i have no use for one. Sorry, ladies.

Lol.


"No vagina" is a problem for me. "No dick" probably also.


Meophist wrote:
"No vagina" is a problem for me. "No dick" probably also.

The latter is just a travesty. ;-)


Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:
Meophist wrote:
"No vagina" is a problem for me. "No dick" probably also.
The latter is just a travesty. ;-)

I don't know about cutting it off....


Meophist wrote:
Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:
Meophist wrote:
"No vagina" is a problem for me. "No dick" probably also.
The latter is just a travesty. ;-)
I don't know about cutting it off....

But don't get crazy.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Meophist wrote:
Laurefindel wrote:

Who said we haven't filled that form already? I mean, beginning of time was a looong time ago, its normal we can't recall...

I say that half jokingly, but I do believe in reincarnation and I do believe that we are making these choices every day for this life and the one(s) to come.

My previous life must have made some bad choices then...

In any case, cis-hetero is overpowered. Nerf plz.

You should see the economic advantages on the "not interested" from the new expansion if you want to see overpowered.


No woman, no cry :P

Male crossdressed as female sings about female Sex Appeal and the power the females have over males.


BigNorseWolf wrote:
Meophist wrote:
Laurefindel wrote:

Who said we haven't filled that form already? I mean, beginning of time was a looong time ago, its normal we can't recall...

I say that half jokingly, but I do believe in reincarnation and I do believe that we are making these choices every day for this life and the one(s) to come.

My previous life must have made some bad choices then...

In any case, cis-hetero is overpowered. Nerf plz.

You should see the economic advantages on the "not interested" from the new expansion if you want to see overpowered.

That's nothing compared to the min-maxing power of the aromantic pansexual. They get everything.


I introduced my parents (who I rarely see) to my fiance on Wednesday evening. They didn't even pretend to act surprised that I was gay. My roommate later told me that my mother once asked him if he were gay (he's not to my knowledge) and if we were sleeping together (we weren't), so it looks as if she probably assumed I was- I suppose I did live in her house for almost 17 years, and in the last few we did have a communal family PC- my father programs computers for a living so I have no illusions that they didn't see what websites I frequented as a kid. Not that they cares; I think my parents have more homosexual friends that heterosexual ones, so despite my differences with them, they have some redeeming qualities.

Unlike some people:
After I dropped out of school and left home in my junior year of high school, I got a job working at a hospital cafeteria. Our head chef and I bonded and became rather close friends, despite an age difference of 2 decades. She was a Jehovah's Witness and was always trying to get me to engage in bible study with her, and I usually refused, though did enjoy discussing/debating religion even if I have no particular urge to be part of it. She'd invite me over for dinner and to meet her family and pretty much treated me in as one of her own children. For several months, all was well. One afternoon though she was telling me about how she punished her youngest son, somewhere around 7 or 8 years of age at the time (who was already being groomed to be a spiritual leader in the Jehovah Witness temple, which I had a problem with, but never pushed the matter) when she found him trying on her shoes and hats and scarves and other generally feminine articles of clothing. I laughed a bit and told her I didn't see what the problem was, the kid was just playing around. She proceeded to tell me how she disowned her eldest son (who I had heard little of by this point in our relationship), who was my age (I think several months my senior) because he was gay and wanted to make sure her other children didn't turn out the same way (morally corrupt, a child molester, and so forth).

When I confided in her that I was gay we got into a heated argument (this was the only time I had ever see this woman blow her top in the entire time I had known her). Later she offered to send me to counseling at her temple to help me become spiritually aligned and straight so I could remain part of her life and more or less demanded that I join her religion (her daughter appearently had a thing for me and she was planning on setting us up before things went down). I refused. Within the week I was fired, (legally) for something unrelated, and a chapter of my life had been closed.

That was only 1 of 2 times in my life I have ever felt discriminated against or treated poorly in a meaningful way for being gay. While I do live in the mid-west and have had things like "f#%~ing f!+" been hollared at me by rednecks while holding hands with my boyfriend in Wal Mart, it is easy to shrug off the random hatred of the ignorant. It hurts a lot more to lose a close friend over something so meaningless (and becoming a jobless/homeless teenager to boot over the matter wasn't fun either).

Overall being gay has raised few issues major in my life, I'm rather lucky in that regard.


I haven't exactly told anybody irl yet. I don't know if anybody suspects anything or anything.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Meophist wrote:
I haven't exactly told anybody irl yet. I don't know if anybody suspects anything or anything.

They do. I say that having no idea who you are or how you behave.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:
Meophist wrote:
I haven't exactly told anybody irl yet. I don't know if anybody suspects anything or anything.
They do. I say that having no idea who you are or how you behave.

I didn't even really understand my own feelings until a couple of years ago. We're talking deep denial here. I was shocked by how many people were not at all surprised when I told them I was bi. Apparently body language gives away more than you realize sometimes.


Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:
Meophist wrote:
I haven't exactly told anybody irl yet. I don't know if anybody suspects anything or anything.
They do. I say that having no idea who you are or how you behave.

Well, I'm sure some people suspect something, as I have been trying to go to various doctors and councilors rather non-discretely, but I don't really know what they're suspecting.

The truth is a bit too convoluted for anybody to suspect it, I think. It's the sort of thing you'll criticize in a piece of fiction for being unrealistic.

lynora wrote:
I didn't even really understand my own feelings until a couple of years ago. We're talking deep denial here. I was shocked by how many people were not at all surprised when I told them I was bi. Apparently body language gives away more than you realize sometimes.

That may be true, but I don't feel like I'm the same person I used to be.


Dogbladewarrior wrote:

In response to Gentle Giant the answer to your question is a simple one.

** spoiler omitted **

That's the easy way out. ;-)

There must have been some underlying reason. Did you think less of them because they weren't up to your "prowess" or something similar?


Ringtail wrote:
I think my parents have more homosexual friends that heterosexual ones, so despite my differences with them, they have some redeeming qualities.

That would have been a cool environment to grow up in. I'm positive I'm the first homosexual my parents were knowingly on speaking terms with. My best friend was their first bisexual. Small town in the midwest and all.

A year or two ago I was in contact with a woman who raised her family in San Francisco and we somehow got to talking about sexuality and sex roles. She had a M-to-F transkid (Is that the right term?) I made a crack about how wrestling is probably the most homoerotic sport ever and she hopped right in: "Oh you have no idea! My then-son's wrestling team was all either out, closeted but obvious, or seriously questioning. Also they did sleepovers where they played D&D all the time. But then this was San Francisco."

That would have been nice on, well, two obvious levels. :) I knew I liked guys and just guys before I was in high school but being gay was something people on TV did, and only in a weird abstract way where nothing ever actually happened. For quite a while I was convinced that most guys had the same happy fun time thoughts I did but just went with girls as a kind of social obligation.


I am gayly straight. Though perhaps it is more precise to say that that I am cheerfully heterosexual.

And now a invitation from a right-wing, conservative, fundamentalist, zealot of a patriarchal, misogynistic, intolerant abrahamic faith of the christian tradition that perpetuates a campaign of oppression against the LGBT community: Welcome to my table! Grab a chair, roll some stats, and suit up! There be dragons to slay!

P.S. Also one those strange people that stands against the tide of popular usage shouting "No! Back! Go Away! Gay is reserved for meanings similar to cheerful, joyful, and frolicsome. I forbid it's use for anyoth....*At this point audio tranmision was lost to due subjest being knocked over by a wave and swept out to sea. n00b*


Samnell wrote:
That would have been a cool environment to grow up in....

It never really impacted me as odd until after I was an adult and I looked back on it. Let's just say I had plenty of gay role models, both good and bad. I never had the whole round of coming out to friend and family. I had always known what I liked (males), but never felt the need to tell everyone; it just didn't seem that important. When I made new friends throughout my teen years, if the subject was ever brought up and I was asked I would answer truthfully, but I never felt it to be a major part of who I was until late junior high and early high school. I engaged in few relationships- after some unpleasantness as a preteen/early-teen it was a few years before I was able to be comfortable with another person in a sexual way again- so I never had brought a boy home to meet the folks until just the other day. Of course, like I mentioned briefly, my parents and I couldn't really settle our differences and I left home early and it is only recently that I've began rebuilding my relationship with them.

Samnell wrote:
For quite a while I was convinced that most guys had the same happy fun time thoughts I did but just went with girls as a kind of social obligation.

Ha! I kinda' did too, briefly, around 11- to 12-ish. I couldn't figure out why the first boy I ever fooled around with was so much more reserved and awkward about the situation than I was.

Those darn necessary vaginas!


Lloyd Jackson wrote:
and suit up!

Freak! :-p


I don't really know anybody that I know is gay/bi/a/trans/hetero. Not IRL anyways.


GentleGiant wrote:


That's the easy way out. ;-)
There must have been some underlying reason. Did you think less of them because they weren't up to your "prowess" or something similar?

Really, though I held that opinion quite recently as far as the timeline of my life goes, it’s been long enough now that I’m not even sure what all the factors rolled up in my feelings were. Comparing my prowess to others was prolly part of it but I think it had as much to do with my social groups as anything to do with the way I viewed myself. With most of my friends sex is just something you do with someone when you like them(I like you, let’s go see a movie together, or if we don’t have any cash, I guess we could just #$%^.). While it was easy to empathize with someone that wanted to sleep with a very specific person and just failed to close the deal it seemed bizarre to never sleep with anyone because, on some level, I think that meant to me that you didn’t like anyone and no one liked you. What are you doing? Just being an ass to everyone you meet?

The insane frequency of intimate relations my friends have may have been skewing my view as well:

I remember around that time I was having a conversation with one of my best friends, an ebony god whom I will grudgingly admit is handsomer than me, where he embarrassedly admitted he was having one of the longest dry spells he had had in years.

“How long has it been?” I asked.

“Wednesday night was the last time I took a woman to bed.” He admitted shamefully.

I scratched my head. “This last Wednesday?” I inquired.

“Yes.”

“But wait, you worked twelve hour shifts Thursday and Friday and it is only noon on Saturday, are you saying you’re ashamed because you haven’t found a woman to sleep with in your last four hours of free time?” I wondered aloud.

“God! You’re so cruel sometimes, why do you enjoy rubbing my failures in my face like that?”


Dogbladewarrior wrote:
GentleGiant wrote:


That's the easy way out. ;-)
There must have been some underlying reason. Did you think less of them because they weren't up to your "prowess" or something similar?

Really, though I held that opinion quite recently as far as the timeline of my life goes, it’s been long enough now that I’m not even sure what all the factors rolled up in my feelings were. Comparing my prowess to others was prolly part of it but I think it had as much to do with my social groups as anything to do with the way I viewed myself. With most of my friends sex is just something you do with someone when you like them(I like you, let’s go see a movie together, or if we don’t have any cash, I guess we could just #$%^.). While it was easy to empathize with someone that wanted to sleep with a very specific person and just failed to close the deal it seemed bizarre to never sleep with anyone because, on some level, I think that meant to me that you didn’t like anyone and no one liked you. What are you doing? Just being an ass to everyone you meet?

** spoiler omitted **

That seems somewhat incredible.

301 to 350 of 17,442 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / General Discussion / The LGBT Gamer Community Thread. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.