The LGBT Gamer Community Thread.


Gamer Life General Discussion

17,501 to 17,550 of 17,582 << first < prev | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | next > last >>

3 people marked this as a favorite.

They sell fast. See if your FLGS can stock them. Mine does and they sold faster than anyone expected.

They are also getting ready to release translucent ones.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

They are really beautiful. And the cases too. I think they will appeal to all people :-D

Welcome welcome to our newcomers.


10 people marked this as a favorite.

Had my first date since the start of the year and it went really, really wonderfully.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
keftiu wrote:
Had my first date since the start of the year and it went really, really wonderfully.

YAY!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Rannik wrote:

I believe that Cindy is talking about those:

Heartbeat dice

Those dice are awesome....hopefully they will restock them...


keftiu wrote:
Had my first date since the start of the year and it went really, really wonderfully.

YEAH!!!


6 people marked this as a favorite.
keftiu wrote:
Had my first date since the start of the year and it went really, really wonderfully.

Update: might have a girlfriend now? Two dates and we're dying for more. Things feel so comfortable!

It's been a rocky little bit for me with love! Spent most of the last year in sort of an unrelated depression fugue, spent the year before that in a very unhealthy long-distance relationship, spent the four years before that in a TERRIBLE relationship. This is my first thing not built on a sort of inherently broken foundation, and I'm so eager to see where it goes.

(Also, the novelty of dating someone cis! That hasn't happened since high school!)


3 people marked this as a favorite.

TWO dates!? Which of you is getting the U-Haul scheduled? ;)

Congrats!!!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
keftiu wrote:
keftiu wrote:
Had my first date since the start of the year and it went really, really wonderfully.

Update: might have a girlfriend now? Two dates and we're dying for more. Things feel so comfortable!

It's been a rocky little bit for me with love! Spent most of the last year in sort of an unrelated depression fugue, spent the year before that in a very unhealthy long-distance relationship, spent the four years before that in a TERRIBLE relationship. This is my first thing not built on a sort of inherently broken foundation, and I'm so eager to see where it goes.

(Also, the novelty of dating someone cis! That hasn't happened since high school!)

FOR GLORY! FORWARD!!!

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Hope everyone had a good weekend (as good as Keftiu? :3).

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
keftiu wrote:
keftiu wrote:
Had my first date since the start of the year and it went really, really wonderfully.

Update: might have a girlfriend now? Two dates and we're dying for more. Things feel so comfortable!

It's been a rocky little bit for me with love! Spent most of the last year in sort of an unrelated depression fugue, spent the year before that in a very unhealthy long-distance relationship, spent the four years before that in a TERRIBLE relationship. This is my first thing not built on a sort of inherently broken foundation, and I'm so eager to see where it goes.

(Also, the novelty of dating someone cis! That hasn't happened since high school!)

Awesome!


5 people marked this as a favorite.
VixieMoondew wrote:

TWO dates!? Which of you is getting the U-Haul scheduled? ;)

Congrats!!!

We’ve laughed a lot about the U-Hauling, it’s so bad. Our second date was supposed to be a week later... but we only lasted one day. I met her roommate’s family? I think I’m in.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
keftiu wrote:
VixieMoondew wrote:

TWO dates!? Which of you is getting the U-Haul scheduled? ;)

Congrats!!!

We’ve laughed a lot about the U-Hauling, it’s so bad. Our second date was supposed to be a week later... but we only lasted one day. I met her roommate’s family? I think I’m in.

Nice!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:

I got my 2e books! Eeeeeeeeee!

(Trans Lamia!!!)

{squints at art} Ah, now I see. Sometimes that cluebat doesn't get through my noggin's DR without an extra whack or two.

---

Welcome to all the new peeps!


Those dice look good. They seem quite a lot of money for special dice, though.


keftiu wrote:
VixieMoondew wrote:

TWO dates!? Which of you is getting the U-Haul scheduled? ;)

Congrats!!!

We’ve laughed a lot about the U-Hauling, it’s so bad. Our second date was supposed to be a week later... but we only lasted one day. I met her roommate’s family? I think I’m in.

GLORIOUS

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Hope everybody has a good weekend ^w^

I’m going back to overnights next week since we’re going to open 24 hours again (finally), so lol at my sleep schedule XD

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Rysky wrote:
I’m going back to overnights next week since we’re going to open 24 hours again (finally), so lol at my sleep schedule XD

Do you like that schedule better?

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
CrystalSeas wrote:
Rysky wrote:
I’m going back to overnights next week since we’re going to open 24 hours again (finally), so lol at my sleep schedule XD
Do you like that schedule better?

A bit yeah, I prefer the night time ^w^


9 people marked this as a favorite.

Hi everyone.

I'm a freshly single pan trans woman trying her darnedest to make her mark on the world.

I'm a chemistry student by day, and work at an adult novelty store by night. Between those two things, I am a certified permaculture designer and help organize community gardens in my town.

I have recently come back to TTRPGs. I used to play in middle school but sorta fell out of it. I have come back to find Starfinder and am hoping to find a game soon!

Hope your day is filled with joy.


Welcome to the fold!! :D


Greetings new person!


Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Hello there SpaceBabe!

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Hello, and awesome!


Hello! :D


Thanks for the welcome!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Anytime ^w^

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Welcome, SpaceBabe. I wish you success in all your endeavors and thank you for your wishes. They gave an appreciated ray of light in my too busy day.

And so do Rysky's hugs and channeling :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Welcome SpaceBabe!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I've read some reviews, but has anyone read the actual book?
Consent In Gaming


What a fascinating page.

I check off ok on all, but not all others would.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I got a new shirt yesterday. I shared it in a dice group on Facebook and it inevitably lead to the predictable question of "what are the straight colors?". The comment has since been deleted, but the fact that the non-oppressed and completely accepted majority asks that question is precisely why we don't need straight colors. (Yes, I know about the black & white and the blue & purple/pink). It's incredibly annoying.

I also tend to somehow piss people off when I just use the word cis to just say non-trans. It's getting tiresome to have to explain to some people over and over and over and over again why it's not an offensive word.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Ugh *hugs Cindy*

That is a kickass shirt btw.


Cindy Robertson wrote:

I got a new shirt yesterday. I shared it in a dice group on Facebook and it inevitably lead to the predictable question of "what are the straight colors?". The comment has since been deleted, but the fact that the non-oppressed and completely accepted majority asks that question is precisely why we don't need straight colors. (Yes, I know about the black & white and the blue & purple/pink). It's incredibly annoying.

I also tend to somehow piss people off when I just use the word cis to just say non-trans. It's getting tiresome to have to explain to some people over and over and over and over again why it's not an offensive word.

that's strange. I could have SWORN I saw some straight ally dice not long ago. I think it was another(cheaper!) set of sexuality dice.

While I have of heard some people attempt to turn cis into a slur of some kind, that is the currently accepted term, yes? I work in the human sexuality field, but I am getting older/set in my ways/forgetful.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

Yeah, "cis" is literally just the opposite of "trans" and is used all over the scientific field, not just for gender. People are just mad they can't say that the two groups are "trans" and "normal."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Cindy Robertson wrote:

I got a new shirt yesterday. I shared it in a dice group on Facebook and it inevitably lead to the predictable question of "what are the straight colors?". The comment has since been deleted, but the fact that the non-oppressed and completely accepted majority asks that question is precisely why we don't need straight colors. (Yes, I know about the black & white and the blue & purple/pink). It's incredibly annoying.

I also tend to somehow piss people off when I just use the word cis to just say non-trans. It's getting tiresome to have to explain to some people over and over and over and over again why it's not an offensive word.

that's strange. I could have SWORN I saw some straight ally dice not long ago. I think it was another(cheaper!) set of sexuality dice.

While I have of heard some people attempt to turn cis into a slur of some kind, that is the currently accepted term, yes? I work in the human sexuality field, but I am getting older/set in my ways/forgetful.

Not ally colors, but just straight colors.

As for the word cis, no matter what word is used, it's going to be seen as a slur by a small group of people. They just don't want a label. Welcome to our world.

Liberty's Edge

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Why is Cis seen as a slur? IMO it is because too many people use Trans as a slur.

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

That could play a role, but mostly the "cis is a slur" crowd is coming from having a label instead of being "normal".

It's as much as slur as the word straight is.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Many people are uncomfortable when a noun that they use to describe themselves gets an adjective (or prefix, or hyphenation) that describes ... themselves.

If you are the norm, and everyone else has to have a descriptor that explains how they differ from the norm, it can be unsettling to have your "normalness" become a subset of the general case.

When a tool for creating "otherness" is applied to you, it can smart.


Rysky wrote:

That could play a role, but mostly the "cis is a slur" crowd is coming from having a label instead of being "normal".

It's as much as slur as the word straight is.

I have definitely had people use straight as a pejorative at me before, but they were either drunk/possibly high or I was on twitter.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Pejorative and slur are two different things though.

"Dinkleberg..." is a pejorative, not a slur.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Ive been back a little while (2e has reinvigorated my interest in pathfinder) but forgot to pop into here and day hi!

So hi! I hope everyone is doing well.

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Welcome back! ^w^

And same *channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


Good to see you!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Cindy Robertson wrote:

They sell fast. See if your FLGS can stock them. Mine does and they sold faster than anyone expected.

They are also getting ready to release translucent ones.

I bought two sets of rainbow pride dice at the giant FLGS in Portland during my weekend trip to Oregon, but they aren't heartbeat dice. I just ordered a set of trans pride heartbeat dice.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

It seems alot of the dice are back on stock on the site...at least when I checked last night.


12 people marked this as a favorite.

Today, on National Coming Out Day, I started my hormone replacement therapy!

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

F$+$ yeah Cindy!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Damn girl!!!

Go! Go! Go!

17,501 to 17,550 of 17,582 << first < prev | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / General Discussion / The LGBT Gamer Community Thread. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.