The LGBT Gamer Community Thread.


Gamer Life General Discussion

17,401 to 17,450 of 17,453 << first < prev | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | 350 | next > last >>

Ask him what kind of music he likes. If it matches ANYTHING I like, we have an alt.

Silver Crusade

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

To all the dads here, to all those who have supporting fathers, and to those who aren’t on good terms with theirs, I hope you have a good day and a great next week.

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Hope everybody had a good week!

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*

Earlier this week my local Cracker Barrel got some news. A violently homophobic pastor and his group announced they were going to have an event at said Cracker Barrel. When Cracker Barrel found out they told him no due to their “zero-tolerance policy for discriminatory treatment or harassment of any sort”.

So, the past 3 times in my life I've been to Cracker Barrel I hadn’t cared for the food but I figured i’d give them another shot :3

(Burger was yummy, fries were eh)


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I'm kind of in a weird spot with Cracker Barrel.

Every time I've been at one, I've been on the road with gamer-buddies and we weren't dressed 'exceptionally well' so we got some stares and some unwanted attention of the negative sort.

That being said, the food was good, the service was timely, and we didn't have to hold an interpretative dance session to get our check from the server.

On the other side, yet again though, I heard disparaging remarks (not aimed at our crew) discussing how certain folks of certain races shouldn't be entering the store and whatnot.

So I'm glad that at least some level has recognized this is an issue, and hope that the experiences I had were just outliers.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I’ve had nothing but good experiences at CB to be honest! My wife and I go somewhat regularly. It’s definitely a place that draws a lot of older folks, though, but no one’s every been poopy toward us.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

If you don't like the food and don't want to frequent them because of that, that's ok. You can still recommend them and support them through other means.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Ye!

I think my past 3 times i had gotten breakfast, this time i got lunch and generally enjoyed it ^w^


I've never eaten there, but I keep wondering if they do make that decent sharp cheddar I like...

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

One way to find out!


Wei Ji the Learner wrote:


I'm kind of in a weird spot with Cracker Barrel.

Every time I've been at one, I've been on the road with gamer-buddies and we weren't dressed 'exceptionally well' so we got some stares and some unwanted attention of the negative sort.

That being said, the food was good, the service was timely, and we didn't have to hold an interpretative dance session to get our check from the server.

On the other side, yet again though, I heard disparaging remarks (not aimed at our crew) discussing how certain folks of certain races shouldn't be entering the store and whatnot.

So I'm glad that at least some level has recognized this is an issue, and hope that the experiences I had were just outliers.

weird. Cracker barrel is notorious for their "you can't be a bigot here" policy.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Wei Ji the Learner wrote:


I'm kind of in a weird spot with Cracker Barrel.

Every time I've been at one, I've been on the road with gamer-buddies and we weren't dressed 'exceptionally well' so we got some stares and some unwanted attention of the negative sort.

That being said, the food was good, the service was timely, and we didn't have to hold an interpretative dance session to get our check from the server.

On the other side, yet again though, I heard disparaging remarks (not aimed at our crew) discussing how certain folks of certain races shouldn't be entering the store and whatnot.

So I'm glad that at least some level has recognized this is an issue, and hope that the experiences I had were just outliers.

weird. Cracker barrel is notorious for their "you can't be a bigot here" policy.

After settling a bunch of lawsuits for racial discrimination in the mid-2000s maybe. And somewhere around the same time officially revoking their policy against employing LGBT people.

I think they've gotten better, but they're still apparently not great. Not surprising. Corporate culture is hard to change.

Honestly, I've never heard anything like "you can't be a bigot here" in regard to Cracker Barrel.


thejeff wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Wei Ji the Learner wrote:


I'm kind of in a weird spot with Cracker Barrel.

Every time I've been at one, I've been on the road with gamer-buddies and we weren't dressed 'exceptionally well' so we got some stares and some unwanted attention of the negative sort.

That being said, the food was good, the service was timely, and we didn't have to hold an interpretative dance session to get our check from the server.

On the other side, yet again though, I heard disparaging remarks (not aimed at our crew) discussing how certain folks of certain races shouldn't be entering the store and whatnot.

So I'm glad that at least some level has recognized this is an issue, and hope that the experiences I had were just outliers.

weird. Cracker barrel is notorious for their "you can't be a bigot here" policy.

After settling a bunch of lawsuits for racial discrimination in the mid-2000s maybe. And somewhere around the same time officially revoking their policy against employing LGBT people.

I think they've gotten better, but they're still apparently not great. Not surprising. Corporate culture is hard to change.

Honestly, I've never heard anything like "you can't be a bigot here" in regard to Cracker Barrel.

I am surprised at that first one, but not so much the second, unfortunately.

I'll see if I can get some pics of their anti segregation policy next time I visit. There was a big sign up and everything, detailing the history.


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I should have prefaced my comment with the fact that it was fifteen-twenty years ago.

I'm willing to give them another go based on the feedback here.


15-20 years ago they were fighting suits for racial discrimination - pretty blatant claims too. And just firing LGBT employees - which was (and is) perfectly legal in most states.

No idea where Freehold got the idea they've got a good reputation.


9 people marked this as a favorite.

This week has been one of the most eventful weeks I've had and this month has been one that I can say I'm truly proud of myself (see how I made it about Pride?).

I'm seeing a therapist who specializes in transgender issues. She's outstanding. With the current administration's stance on LGBT issues and specifically trans issues and the military, I have decided that I can't keep pushing myself backwards. I need to pull myself forward. I've been going out of my way to be myself. It's not easy and I struggle to do it every day.

I spent one day at my favorite games store for a few hours as myself, mostly. I was there with one of the owner's wife and one of her friends. It wasn't very busy, which helped me from having a huge panic attack.

I've gone in and out of the VA mental health clinic fully dressed up with makeup on and everything. I'm getting pretty good at it and as long as I'm not speaking, most people don't really notices that I'm trans.

I've set the expectations for the two groups that I'm in at the VA by showing up on day one as myself.

My brother and his family are visiting from NH. I spent the day as myself with them for the first time. He only made one mistake with my name, and I didn't correct him. He made the correction himself the next time he said something to me. No apology, just a correction. That's how I like it. I don't want words. I want action. His kids (11 and 8) were worried that they would forget to use the right name and pronouns, but they were correct the entire day. They were so happy to spend time with me. They never once treated me as anyone other than their aunt CJ or aunt Cindy. I was also not misgendered a single time by strangers or people I was doing business with. No one treated me as anyone other than a woman who was just spending her money.

I was going to try and hit the Trans Pride March, but I couldn't make it. Today I'm going to the Seattle Symphony to listen to them perform the entire score to Empire Strikes Back and I'm going to be wandering around the Seattle Center with a friend or two so we can enjoy Pride and just hanging out as friends are wont to do.

I'm getting closer and closer to living as myself every day. I'm pushing myself out of my comfort zone and making it happen. I'm doing it by making it harder for myself to go backwards.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

That’s awesome and beautiful to hear Cindy.


8 people marked this as a favorite.

I met the person who designed the trans pride flag at Harlem Pride day before yesterday.

Our own flag was autographed.

Got a picture and everything.

It was awesome.

This is why I do this.


Cindy Robertson wrote:

I've been using the VA for my mental health care for a while now and I just started seeing someone to help me with transgender issues. She is going to have me see an endocrinologist to discuss HRT. As of today, I have an official diagnosis of gender dysphoria. My coordinator thinks that it's possible to link my depression, anxiety, and panic disorder to my service because I served prior to Don't Ask, Don't Tell and at the height of the AIDS scare. He thinks that things got worse because I was unable to seek help because it would have meant the end of my career.

I know it sounds weird to be happy to have that diagnosis, but I think it's awesome because that means that I can progress down the appropriate path, whatever that may be, with proper care.

I know this is a bit late, but I just caught up on the last 100+ posts, and this one struck a chord for me.

When it comes to the VA, having the diagnosis is everything.

I'm not going to get into the well-publicized issues the VA has had at the national level over the years, but I can say that the VA system where I live was nothing but spectacular for my father. They did everything they could to help him and went out of their way to continue to help him even when he was an obstinate, stubborn SOB. You know, his default mode.

But finally getting his PTSD diagnosed meant that he was automatically eligible for a host of benefits including serious financial aid for his housing and getting the proper care that he needed. It was like entire worlds opened up for him. He refused to see it, but it was everything.

Silver Crusade

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I hope everyone’s week is off to a good start ^w^

I gettin a pay raise so yay!

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Cindy Robertson wrote:

I've been using the VA for my mental health care for a while now and I just started seeing someone to help me with transgender issues. She is going to have me see an endocrinologist to discuss HRT. As of today, I have an official diagnosis of gender dysphoria. My coordinator thinks that it's possible to link my depression, anxiety, and panic disorder to my service because I served prior to Don't Ask, Don't Tell and at the height of the AIDS scare. He thinks that things got worse because I was unable to seek help because it would have meant the end of my career.

I know it sounds weird to be happy to have that diagnosis, but I think it's awesome because that means that I can progress down the appropriate path, whatever that may be, with proper care.

I know this is a bit late, but I just caught up on the last 100+ posts, and this one struck a chord for me.

When it comes to the VA, having the diagnosis is everything.

I'm not going to get into the well-publicized issues the VA has had at the national level over the years, but I can say that the VA system where I live was nothing but spectacular for my father. They did everything they could to help him and went out of their way to continue to help him even when he was an obstinate, stubborn SOB. You know, his default mode.

But finally getting his PTSD diagnosed meant that he was automatically eligible for a host of benefits including serious financial aid for his housing and getting the proper care that he needed. It was like entire worlds opened up for him. He refused to see it, but it was everything.

I'm noticing that the VA mental health support is outstanding. I have been nothing short of impressed. I am hoping that getting a rating will help me get even more care.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sneak Mega-Bear-Hug!

* grabs everyone in a big, fluffy bear hug *

I missed you all! Stupid life. I'll try not to be gone so long.

* grabs Cindy in an extra-special bear hug *

You go, girl!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Yay! Fred!

*FWROMP*

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

* Finally frees myself from Rysky's hug *

Hope everyone's having a good day. And for those of us celebrating the Quarter of July stay safe. There's a lot of crazies out there launching explosives into the sky. ;-)

* grabs everyone in a one of my big fluffy bear hugs *

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

*nods*

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs and headphones to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Good morning all you beautiful people. Wishing you all an awesome day.

* sends out skittermanders to spread the love and hugs *

And, as always, stay awesome.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Yay! Skittermanders and bears!

*hugs*

I hope everyone has a great weekend ^w^

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that want or needs some*

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

*grand marshals a Skittermander parade through the thread*

Hope everyone is having a great day ^w^

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Hope everyone got some sleep last night for my sake!

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
VixieMoondew wrote:
Hope everyone got some sleep last night for my sake!

I did!

*offers some*


2 people marked this as a favorite.

* fluffs up even more so than usual *

* lays down on the ground, curled up in a ball and looking like a giant extra-fluffy bean bag chair *

If anyone needs a soft, fluffy place to rest I'm here.

* gives the signal and skittermander hug army runs out to spread the love *


I've settled for Surge in place of sleep. Work's been keeping me up all hours of the day.


13 people marked this as a favorite.

I came out to my boss and HR today. I have their support.


Woopwoop!!!

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Woohoo!!!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

MikeMikeMikeMikeMike...
What day is it?
It's Hump Day!

Or, as I like to say...

It's Mid-Week Hug Time!

* grabs everyone in a big fluffy hug-o-massive-love *

Always be your awesome selves.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Ye!

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cindy Robertson wrote:
I came out to my boss and HR today. I have their support.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

FRIDAY!

Hope everyone has a great weekend ^w^

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Bitter sweet feeling, though more bitter than sweet...

There was a Equality Parade in a town at the other end of Poland, and while it was a small victory (first time there and in a few other towns I think, after a series of court cases where courts rejected a number of denials for registration of Equality Parades issued by presidents of multiple towns as violating the constitutional right to peaceful public assemblies), it also showed a staggering degree of hate from the right. While no one was killed (as far as I know) there are multiple cases of injuries from assaults. At least 25 people were already arrested for violence against the participants in the Parade, and more will be.

I am a bit worried about the results as that township is known for having neonazi-leaning prosecutors. There is already a requests to state prosecutor for overseeing the proceedings against the wrongdoers but the ruling party and the Catholic Church is in large part responsible for inciting hatred toward LGBT community (a few years ago the refuges were their scarecrows) in their campaign of fear-mongering.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

F&@@.

Glad no one was killed though.

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber
Drejk wrote:

Bitter sweet feeling, though more bitter than sweet...

There was a Equality Parade in a town at the other end of Poland, and while it was a small victory (first time there and in a few other towns I think, after a series of court cases where courts rejected a number of denials for registration of Equality Parades issued by presidents of multiple towns as violating the constitutional right to peaceful public assemblies), it also showed a staggering degree of hate from the right. While no one was killed (as far as I know) there are multiple cases of injuries from assaults. At least 25 people were already arrested for violence against the participants in the Parade, and more will be.

I am a bit worried about the results as that township is known for having neonazi-leaning prosecutors. There is already a requests to state prosecutor for overseeing the proceedings against the wrongdoers but the ruling party and the Catholic Church is in large part responsible for inciting hatred toward LGBT community (a few years ago the refuges were their scarecrows) in their campaign of fear-mongering.

It made the headlines in France. I hope time and efforts such as the Parade will put down the hating there as they did in so many places.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Yeah.

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I got my 2e books! Eeeeeeeeee!

(Trans Lamia!!!)

I also finished the Pathfinder Tales Gears of Faith by Gabrielle Harbowy, it’s wonderful novel filled with awesome characters, I highly recommend it.

Hope everyone else is having a good week too and doing okay.

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone else that wants or needs some*


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:
(Trans Lamia!!!)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
VixieMoondew wrote:
Rysky wrote:
(Trans Lamia!!!)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yesssssss, I love the art :3


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:

Bitter sweet feeling, though more bitter than sweet...

There was a Equality Parade in a town at the other end of Poland, and while it was a small victory (first time there and in a few other towns I think, after a series of court cases where courts rejected a number of denials for registration of Equality Parades issued by presidents of multiple towns as violating the constitutional right to peaceful public assemblies), it also showed a staggering degree of hate from the right. While no one was killed (as far as I know) there are multiple cases of injuries from assaults. At least 25 people were already arrested for violence against the participants in the Parade, and more will be.

I am a bit worried about the results as that township is known for having neonazi-leaning prosecutors. There is already a requests to state prosecutor for overseeing the proceedings against the wrongdoers but the ruling party and the Catholic Church is in large part responsible for inciting hatred toward LGBT community (a few years ago the refuges were their scarecrows) in their campaign of fear-mongering.

Addendum: Rammstain during their concert in Poland a few days later brought rainbow flags on the scene.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Drejk wrote:
Drejk wrote:

Bitter sweet feeling, though more bitter than sweet...

There was a Equality Parade in a town at the other end of Poland, and while it was a small victory (first time there and in a few other towns I think, after a series of court cases where courts rejected a number of denials for registration of Equality Parades issued by presidents of multiple towns as violating the constitutional right to peaceful public assemblies), it also showed a staggering degree of hate from the right. While no one was killed (as far as I know) there are multiple cases of injuries from assaults. At least 25 people were already arrested for violence against the participants in the Parade, and more will be.

I am a bit worried about the results as that township is known for having neonazi-leaning prosecutors. There is already a requests to state prosecutor for overseeing the proceedings against the wrongdoers but the ruling party and the Catholic Church is in large part responsible for inciting hatred toward LGBT community (a few years ago the refuges were their scarecrows) in their campaign of fear-mongering.

Addendum: Rammstain during their concert in Poland a few days later brought rainbow flags on the scene.

F#~$ yeah!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Ugh, I ate too much >_<

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

*Taking over for Other Me today*

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*

17,401 to 17,450 of 17,453 << first < prev | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | 350 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / General Discussion / The LGBT Gamer Community Thread. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.