The LGBT Gamer Community Thread.


Gamer Life General Discussion

14,301 to 14,350 of 17,513 << first < prev | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

*hugs DeathQuaker*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Jesus; my heart goes out to you and your friends. That is beyond horrible.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I second that. What happened is beyond reprehensible. Reading what happened has made me angry, and I hope that the "perps" get caught and are fully prosecuted.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Jesus Christ.

I hope they find the people responsible and nail their asses to the wall...


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I finally made the move from Montana back to Florida in May. Finally tended the far right chapter of my life completely. I had been out for 2-3 years.. but since I was still in Montana.. I consider it the same chapter.

Just moved to Tampa as well as of today. Moved to USF. Haven't lived in this city since 2001..so..don't know anyone really anymore.

On the bright side I am working up plans to create a local anti-hate non-profit. I've requested suggestions from the head of a group I once opposed up in Montana, and he is writing up an outline. That should keep me busy.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Cthulhusquatch wrote:
On the bright side I am working up plans to create a local anti-hate non-profit. I've requested suggestions from the head of a group I once opposed up in Montana, and he is writing up an outline. That should keep me busy.

And help you make some new friends as well. #LoveWins


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CrystalSeas wrote:
Cthulhusquatch wrote:
On the bright side I am working up plans to create a local anti-hate non-profit. I've requested suggestions from the head of a group I once opposed up in Montana, and he is writing up an outline. That should keep me busy.
And help you make some new friends as well. #LoveWins

Possibly. Though LGBTQ and gaming groups might help that too. Still.. my personality is rough.. er.. gruff.. err.. both... still. I already when to an LGBTQ social here at the college.. and everyone was very nice.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
CrystalSeas wrote:

I'm going to a fundraiser tomorrow night for my friends Nikki and Chris.

I may have mentioned early last spring speaking to a city council to help get a non-discrimination ordinance passed. Nikki has been spearheading that ordinance for several years, and we celebrated when council voted to pass it that night.

Since then, the opposition has tried to recall council members who voted yes, overturn the ordinance, and in general, continue fighting to return the city to a place where it is legal to discriminate against people because of their sexual orientation.

Last Thursday night, Nikki and Chris' house was torched (accelerants were used). The house was completely burned to the ground and all five of their cats and dogs were killed in the fire.

Fortunately, they didn't trap Nikki and Chris in the flames.

It's looking like it was a copy-cat fire from the gay couple with the African American child who had the whole fire department standing around watching their home burn last week in Oklahoma

This is the mood I woke up in on Saturday morning. And then Heather Heyer was killed.

I'm feeling kinda bleak.

Hugs for you, Nikki, and Chris. I hope they catch the bastard.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Selene Spires wrote:
CrystalSeas wrote:

I'm going to a fundraiser tomorrow night for my friends Nikki and Chris.

I may have mentioned early last spring speaking to a city council to help get a non-discrimination ordinance passed. Nikki has been spearheading that ordinance for several years, and we celebrated when council voted to pass it that night.

Since then, the opposition has tried to recall council members who voted yes, overturn the ordinance, and in general, continue fighting to return the city to a place where it is legal to discriminate against people because of their sexual orientation.

Last Thursday night, Nikki and Chris' house was torched (accelerants were used). The house was completely burned to the ground and all five of their cats and dogs were killed in the fire.

Fortunately, they didn't trap Nikki and Chris in the flames.

It's looking like it was a copy-cat fire from the gay couple with the African American child who had the whole fire department standing around watching their home burn last week in Oklahoma

This is the mood I woke up in on Saturday morning. And then Heather Heyer was killed.

I'm feeling kinda bleak.

Hugs for you, Nikki, and Chris. I hope they catch the bastard.

I missed that. I'm sorry to hear that Crystal. :(


Can the feds get involved somehow instead of the local authorities who probably don't really care much about it?


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Thanks for all the support everyone. Nikki and Chris were just amazing during the fundraiser tonight. I had met them while I was conducting non-violent bystander intervention training last winter, and they both just epitomize the strength of those who choose that path.

There was lots of hugging (of course there was), and a lovely midwestern church potluck supper, along with donations and a silent auction.

Bob_Loblaw wrote:
Can the feds get involved somehow instead of the local authorities who probably don't really care much about it?

I think in this case (as opposed to what went on in Oklahoma), the local police are likely to do a very good job. They've already brought in the state police fire investigators.

And, of course, no one is going to let this be swept aside. Lots of eyes on the process.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

That's good. I was sincerely concerned.


Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Bob_Loblaw wrote:
That's good. I was sincerely concerned.

As we all should be.

One of the things that hasn't been given a lot of publicity is the FBI's report on white supremacists infiltration of law enforcement and the military.

There are several good articles about it (the report itself is still classified)

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone ad everyone that wants or needs some*


Good afternoon, everyone.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Hope those that went have fun at GenCon!

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone ad everyone that wants or needs some*


*Accepts hugs, just because*


I may not be able to get pathfinder or starfinder credit this weekend. which is the first time in some months.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

:(

*hugs doctor_wu*


6 people marked this as a favorite.

Work's been kicking my ass so much that I ended up oversleeping by an hour and a half, and when I told my boss, he said "You know what? Don't even care. You're usually on time and it's been a hell of a week."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

That's good to hear Vixie ^w^

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


8 people marked this as a favorite.

I told my brother today that I'm thinking about HRT. He said that he will support me no matter what. I mentioned that I was concerned that this would end up banishing me from the rest of the family. He said that I should do what is right for me. I wish I knew what to do.


Hi, everyone.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hey Cindy, I'll say like your brother, do what's right, if you need the hormones to go with your gender, then do them, and stick with the good people.

Hello John, good evening

sends good feelings to go around


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I agree with what Klorox says. Do what you need to do.


7 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Cindy Robertson wrote:
I wish I knew what to do.

If you don't know what to do yet, just sit with your current self for a bit longer. Learning to live with uncertainty is a useful skill to ehlp overcome all kinds of anxiety.

Examine your discomfort. Can you track different threads back to things that happened to you in the past? Are the worries of your younger self still valid today under different circumstances?

In the process of getting to know yourself better, you'll become clearer about what your current priorities are.


Library's closing soon. Goodnight, everyone. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well on the bright side I someone may want to gm something I ran for them as their first table so it is not all bad.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Yay!


CrystalSeas wrote:
Cindy Robertson wrote:
I wish I knew what to do.

If you don't know what to do yet, just sit with your current self for a bit longer. Learning to live with uncertainty is a useful skill to ehlp overcome all kinds of anxiety.

Examine your discomfort. Can you track different threads back to things that happened to you in the past? Are the worries of your younger self still valid today under different circumstances?

In the process of getting to know yourself better, you'll become clearer about what your current priorities are.

I have spent my whole life not fitting in to the world. I spent most of my life being rejected by family, friends, peers, society, coworkers, etc. It's not for the things I've done wrong. For those I accept responsibility. It's for being. Simply being.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

*hugs Cindy*

Hope everyone's weekend is going okay.

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Cindy Robertson wrote:
I spent most of my life being rejected by family, friends, peers, society, coworkers, etc. It's not for the things I've done wrong. For those I accept responsibility. It's for being. Simply being.

Figuring out who you are when you are just being is a massive internal undertaking. Be kind and gentle with yourself as you go through the process. And when the next step isn't clear, take a deep breath and stand still for a while until you see a way to go that fits with the self you want to be.


Hi, everyone.


Freehold DM wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
I found SECDRV.SYS available for download. Problem potentially solved. All in less than an hour. D**n, I'm good.
kidnaps John, places him in a room with Windows 10 computer, mechcommander 1 and 2 and mechwarrior 4, waits patiently

This is late but are you aware of the new battletech computer game coming out? It looks to be a very faithful to battletech and the mechcommander series which I love.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

With GenCon over I wanted to stop by and say hello to the wonderful people I finally got to meet and play with thanks to GenCon. If we ran into each other and I didn't recognize you or say he it wasn't an intentional snub. I hope everyone had a good time.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I didn't go but I hope everyone who did had a blast!

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

*Adds logs and some coal to the fire*
That should last a while, I have no Idea when I will have reliable internet, again :-(
*Offers Hugs*
Having read the rest of the thread...damn, I am so sorry and angry to hear what happened to your friends, CrystalSeas...I wish them all the best and while I sadly cannot partake at the fundraiser atm, I passed it along to some folks who might. Perhaps I will be able to give some money in a few weeks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Happy slightly belated birthday!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*Offering a cozy place, bright against dark thoughts and dark days, great for hugs, smiles, gaming, companionship, talking and general merryment*
*Hot and cold beverage galore*


21 people marked this as a favorite.

Ok, I know that you have all been waiting to know how things went today for my birthday. I did go out. We started off at the MAC counter for makeup. The lady was so nice and understanding. We then went to downtown Seattle to eat. We went to a diner. The server was sweet and treated me as a person. At no point did I feel uncomfortable. We then did the Escape Room. We didn't do well, but we had a blast! Then, instead of going home as originally planned, I asked if we could go to Pike Place Market because I wanted to buy some jelly. They have a strawberry/California reaper jelly that is just amazing! So we wandered around for a bit. I interacted with people. I felt so comfortable with my A-Team. They were so supportive. One of them made me peanut butter cookies too! They are one of the few cookies I can eat that I enjoy.

I think we walked 3 to 4 miles. I'm going to sleep so well tonight.

All-in-all, I had one of the best birthdays I've ever had and it's only the second one I got to experience as Cindy, the only one out of the house. I am so glad that I did this. If any of you want to join the Adventures of Cindy on Facebook and we aren't already friends, you are more than welcome to send me a message.

Thank you all for your support. It really means the world to me. I don't think I would have done this without the support of my friends.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Happiest of birthdays, Cindy!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Cindy, I am so glad that everything went well for you! Happy birthday-- looking forward to many more!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Happy Birthday Cindy! I am happy that you had a awesome time! *hugs*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Someone ended up dropping on a starfinder table so I got into one adventure on that and then someone ran a second session in starfinder society.

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Happy Birthday Cindy, I'm glad you had a blast ^w^

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


Oh and to everyone in the area of the States that'll be in prime Eclipse viewing areas, stay safe!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I can't wait for the eye damage my stupid ass is gonna inevitably get :D


2 people marked this as a favorite.

HBD Cindy :)


We drove down to St. Louis to see the eclipse- and then realized we left the eclipse glasses we'd bought at home. :(

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Oh noes! :(

14,301 to 14,350 of 17,513 << first < prev | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / General Discussion / The LGBT Gamer Community Thread. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.