The LGBT Gamer Community Thread.


Gamer Life General Discussion

11,901 to 11,950 of 17,582 << first < prev | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Welp, it's a Thursday, not quite a Friday.

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Good Morning Rysky

*hugs*

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Morning Selene!

*keeps hugging*


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Kajehase wrote:
Uncle Teddy wrote:
If we could somehow "weaponize" Rysky's hugs and create "hug bombs" could that be the key to world peace?
Isn't this basically the premise for the Care Bears?

oh hell no. We are using Rysky to make real life MLP and that's final.


Selene Spires wrote:

@Rysky: Your hugs are better than coffee in the morning.

@Freehold GM: I think I will always get butterflies in the stomach...but thank you for the thought.

I wish I got butterflies every time I walked past the mirror. That sounds AWESOME!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Haladir wrote:

Not to change the subject, but I'm definitely going to Paizocon this year!

Anyone else?

I am this year for the first time! Every year, I tell myself I am going to do it, and then I don't. But last month I was looking for an old post and stumbled across a post of me saying, "I don't think I can come this year, but one of these years I am going to." That post was from 2011. That was the kick in the butt I needed to make it happen.

Silver Crusade

Bob_Loblaw wrote:
Haladir wrote:

Not to change the subject, but I'm definitely going to Paizocon this year!

Anyone else?

I'm hoping to be able to. I don't know if I can. I don't like requesting time off of work just for gaming stuff.

Do you have vacation time at your job? If so, do you normally use it all up?

I make a point never to feel guilty about using the PTO time I am allotted.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Bob_Loblaw wrote:
Haladir wrote:

Not to change the subject, but I'm definitely going to Paizocon this year!

Anyone else?

I'm hoping to be able to. I don't know if I can. I don't like requesting time off of work just for gaming stuff.

Do you have vacation time at your job? If so, do you normally use it all up?

I make a point never to feel guilty about using the PTO time I am allotted.

I don't currently have any PTO. I just started my job less than a year ago so I haven't accrued any yet. It's going to be over a weekend so I can ask for an adjustment to my schedule. It wouldn't be the first time I've done that.

I might since it looks like a lot of people I would love to meet are planning on being there.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

* grabs Selene and Rysky in a big bear hug *

Anyone else want or need a hug? I've got plenty to spare.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Happy Friday!

I was just informed that it's Thursday.

Poop. This has been a long week.


Tis common practice to blame Cosmo in such situations.


'Tis indeed.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kajehase wrote:
Uncle Teddy wrote:
If we could somehow "weaponize" Rysky's hugs and create "hug bombs" could that be the key to world peace?
Isn't this basically the premise for the Care Bears?

I thought the premise was having your clique use death glares....?

Anyway, I'm heading back to Cedar Rapids for the last time today to supervise my move. Seattle is an amazing, incredible city and I can't wait to explore the culture. I think the entirety of my crew will be able to express who they are how they want without the social pariahness that tends to crop up in the midwest. Cedar Rapids was a lovely city, but not for a pack of LGBT 20-something geeks.

Scarab Sages

Slothsy wrote:

Happy Friday!

I was just informed that it's Thursday.

Poop. This has been a long week.

As I have been chosen by whatever powers of hell to work the night before Rosenmontag at the only place in my hometown that sells booze and cigaretts 24/7 I very much approve that the weekend is still one more day away.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*Burning bright, defying the local storm, spreading an aura of cozyness, ideal for hugs, conversation and shenanigans, holding a can of hot tea*


6 people marked this as a favorite.

I decided that I AM going to Paizocon. I switched my schedule so that I can go. Hopefully I will get a chance to meet some of you.

Silver Crusade

4 people marked this as a favorite.

I really want to go. I wish I could meet so many people I only know through the boards. I don't have much extra money atm, though :/

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I would love to go too...

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*

Scarab Sages

Icouldn't affort paizocon, either - the flight from Germany alone would probably bankrupt me atm.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

* tosses some logs on Campfire Elemental *

* grabs everyone in a big fluffy hug *

Sending out my love to everyone.

And remember when life hands you lemons...

Spoiler:
Make a lemon meringue pie and throw it in life's face.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Happily displays a bright and warm flame, providing a cozy place to talk, hug, be merry, holding a hot pot of tea*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

If it's possible to get out this way, I can help people find free or very cheap places to stay. I happen to live out here so I can help out with that.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I am likely going. Just need to scrape together funds for a badge. Luckily, lodging will be free.

Also, I love when I can tell the exact moment the straight guy packing our stuff finds our toy drawer from 2 rooms over. Poor guy. Might be scarred for life. At least he dug the Pathfinder art in the living room.

Liberty's Edge

Paizo Con is really hard for me to swing, though it's a dream convention for me to go to at some point. In general, I really want to visit Seattle/most of the West Coast, but it's hard to afford the time off work, much less the flights and lodging.

Contributor

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'll be going for the first time this year. Very much looking forward to it, even if money is scarce (especially as I'm about to take on pharmacy school debt). I've got a GoFundMe to help that I posted on the off topic board.

Looking forward to being there :)


feytharn wrote:
Icouldn't affort paizocon, either - the flight from Germany alone would probably bankrupt me atm.

Well, there is PaizoCon UK :)


Slothsy wrote:
Paizo Con is really hard for me to swing, though it's a dream convention for me to go to at some point. In general, I really want to visit Seattle/most of the West Coast, but it's hard to afford the time off work, much less the flights and lodging.

Yeah I feel the same way. Paizocon and Gencon are two things I want to do...but right now I just don't have the money.

I wish there was a Paizocon Eastcoast.

Shadow Lodge

Hrothdane wrote:
I really want to go. I wish I could meet so many people I only know through the boards. I don't have much extra money atm, though :/

Missed seeing you at Orccon this year.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Can't justify the cost. If I had the money (I don't, because I just visited the UK), I'd have many priorities ahead of Seattle.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Hope everyone's weekend has started off good ^w^

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Good morning Rysky ad everyone.

*hugs*


10 people marked this as a favorite.

This was heartening to see:

SCOTUS Reprimands Anti-LGBTQ Groups for Misgendering Trans Student Gavin Grimm.

Also, Gavin = awesome. Hope his case goes well.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Hope everyone's weekend is still going well ^w^

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

*fetches a RyskyHug(TM)*
*Continues batting his head against the wall in anticipation of the pre-carnival worknight*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*Burns Bright and warm for a cozy place for hugs, smiles, talks and merryment, holding a can of tea*

Dark Archive

4 people marked this as a favorite.

Who's the gruffest bear going through TSA with an absurd amount of make-up? This guy.

The things I do for my LGBT family....


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:

Hope everyone's weekend is still going well ^w^

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*

It going good, Thanks.

*hugs*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My weekend has been a bit stressful, tiring, and lonely, but also had some nice cake and reading material, so starting to balance out...


D_Var_Stars wrote:
My weekend has been a bit stressful, tiring, and lonely, but also had some nice cake and reading material, so starting to balance out...

You want to talk about it?

The Exchange

6 people marked this as a favorite.

So a while back I came out to my brother. I knew he'd have my back but it needed to be done on my terms as my now ex-wife was outing me.

He replied beautifully. He also finally admitted there was always something off that he just could not figure out about me for the last 4 decades or so. He made assumptions and put it aside. My coming out allowed him to finally connect all the dots for the "Ahaa!" moment. Then he told me of his prior guesses in statistical order coming close but missing. Anyway, non-issue. Pretty cool huh?

So why am I posting?

Today, he starts off texting me as his "Brister".

Brister.

As our convo continued, it devolved into ritualistic bravado and derogatory commentary regarding the other's lack of masculinity. Although he was obviously and always has been the better looking brother, he was willing to cede the title for better looking sister without contest. Which took on added meaning with my transness since the so-called zingers really weren't hurtful. "Who frick'n wears the dress in your house? OOOH OOOH I DO!"

Oh the snark that only a sibling can get away. ;-)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
ReckNBall wrote:

So a while back I came out to my brother. I knew he'd have my back but it needed to be done on my terms as my now ex-wife was outing me.

He replied beautifully. He also finally admitted there was always something off that he just could not figure out about me for the last 4 decades or so. He made assumptions and put it aside. My coming out allowed him to finally connect all the dots for the "Ahaa!" moment. Then he told me of his prior guesses in statistical order coming close but missing. Anyway, non-issue. Pretty cool huh?

So why am I posting?

Today, he starts off texting me as his "Brister".

Brister.

As our convo continued, it devolved into ritualistic bravado and derogatory commentary regarding the other's lack of masculinity. Although he was obviously and always has been the better looking brother, he was willing to cede the title for better looking sister without contest. Which took on added meaning with my transness since the so-called zingers really weren't hurtful. "Who frick'n wears the dress in your house? OOOH OOOH I DO!"

Oh the snark that only a sibling can get away. ;-)

That is a great story...I hope when I do come out to my brother has a similar outcome.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Huzzah for a happy story!

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Morning Rysky and everybody

*hugs*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

* tosses a few more logs on Campfire Elemental *

Good morning everyone. I hope your weekends went well and here's to a great week.

* grabs everyone in a bug bear hug *

You are all awesome.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

When I came out to my brother he was shocked, but not bothered. He respected my privacy and didn't share it with anyone other than his wife. I always expect a spouse to talk to their partner so I assume that if I come out to one, I come out to both unless I make it explicitly clear that I don't want them to know.

When my grandmother was dying and in hospice, one of my aunts flew out there and he was boiling over with needing to talk to someone. He asked her if I had discussed anything very personal with her. She said yes and they both had a look of relief because now they could talk to each other about what they knew and understood. Neither wanted to offend me by asking me questions that they thought might be too personal.

Anyway, a few months later my brother asked me for some pictures to see what I looked like. I sent him some and he was shocked again. He had thought that I was a drag queen. After seeing the pictures he and his wife had a better understanding. They realize that this is more of an identity issue and it's part of who I am.

My parents and other siblings don't know. I'm keeping it that way. I already have enough problems being accepted. This would not help me in any way.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

*offers more hugs*

Liberty's Edge

6 people marked this as a favorite.

Yikes.

Spoiler:
Spoiler'd since my sister reads the boards. My sister has just been aggressive about the whole thing. At our last game, I was mentioning being frustrated by intentional misgendering at work. She went "I don't want to talk about that" and then proceeded to misgender me. She doesn't seem to want to talk what it means that I'm trans at all, and I'm worried she's going to freak when I start hormones / get top surgery (hopefully) this year. I don't know what to do about it, and I'm just worried that whatever I end up doing is going to come off passive aggressive / make the situation worse.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

* gives Slothsy a hug *

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

:(

*joins bear in giving Slothsy hugs*

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

*Offers hugs to Slothsy and everyone else who needs or wants them*

11,901 to 11,950 of 17,582 << first < prev | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / General Discussion / The LGBT Gamer Community Thread. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.