Did you know...?


Off-Topic Discussions

1,001 to 1,050 of 6,213 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Tequila Sunrise wrote:
Each vein and artery has a lining of muscle that can contract when a foreign object invades the vein or artery...such as an IV. Ouch.

The human body has three kinds of muscle with distinct structure. Cardiac in the heart designed to work constantly for your entire life. Skeletal, the ones that allow you to move. Smooth that lines arteries, GI tract, and basically everything not covered by the other two.

Shadow Lodge

meatrace wrote:

I think he meant taste in music.

I'd have to concur, in general. They also have a much faster paced popular music cycle; things come in and go out of fashion rather quickly.

I can't say much about British music, but I certainly agree that Europe has much better music than we do in the States. Nearly all of my top bands are from there somewhereabouts.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

That's because we steal the best stuff you make and then add the best from our own traditions (Lex Beatles).


Australia has the world’s largest cattle ranch and at 30,028 square kilometers, it is almost the same size as Belgium.

Scarab Sages

Rice is the staple food for 50% of the world's population .


Orthos wrote:
meatrace wrote:

I think he meant taste in music.

I'd have to concur, in general. They also have a much faster paced popular music cycle; things come in and go out of fashion rather quickly.
I can't say much about British music, but I certainly agree that Europe has much better music than we do in the States. Nearly all of my top bands are from there somewhereabouts.

I really only know, like, a zillion British bands, maybe a dozen German bands, and *thinking* 3? French artists? And maybe a smattering of Scandinavian metal (Tiamat esp.)

What sort of stuff are you talking about?

Shadow Lodge

meatrace wrote:
Orthos wrote:
meatrace wrote:

I think he meant taste in music.

I'd have to concur, in general. They also have a much faster paced popular music cycle; things come in and go out of fashion rather quickly.
I can't say much about British music, but I certainly agree that Europe has much better music than we do in the States. Nearly all of my top bands are from there somewhereabouts.

I really only know, like, a zillion British bands, maybe a dozen German bands, and *thinking* 3? French artists? And maybe a smattering of Scandinavian metal (Tiamat esp.)

What sort of stuff are you talking about?

Here's a sample list from when someone asked me the same question about a week ago:

Sonata Arctica
Nightwish
Helloween
Gamma Ray
Tristania
Sirenia
Hammerfall
Edguy
Avantasia
Master Plan
Kamelot
Falconer
Within Temptation
Blind Guardian
etc.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

They're still waiting for me. Usually in theatre buildings.


I have to read that again. I'm pretty sure I didn't understand it at 14.

Of course, I'm not sure anyone ever has completely understood it...

Scarab Sages

Pearls melt in vinegar.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm always curious when something gets deleted by a moderator.

1) I want to know what was said.
2) Was it me?

Probably not the latter, but it's like seeing a cop when you're obeying all laws. You're pretty sure you're not breaking any laws (speeding etc), but you have that moment of doubt when you check your speedometer.


In Modena, Italy, you can invest in balsamic vinegar/aceto, just like you would invest in mutual funds or capital ventures. Since these articles get better with time, you can buy bottles in order to receive compensation years later when they are sold. In some cases, they are considerably more profitable than most traditional alternatives.


I also would like to know who clicks like on my posts. They validate me and I'd like to say thanks. ;-)


Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:
I also would like to know who clicks like on my posts. They validate me and I'd like to say thanks. ;-)

You can check that in your Profile, under "Favourited by Others".

Shadow Lodge

Klaus van der Kroft wrote:
Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:
I also would like to know who clicks like on my posts. They validate me and I'd like to say thanks. ;-)
You can check that in your Profile, under "Favourited by Others".

Or click on the "X people favorited this post" line itself - it's a link to a list.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:
I also would like to know who clicks like on my posts. They validate me and I'd like to say thanks. ;-)

You can always click on "1 person marked this as a favorite" to find out who it is. Or, if you are really narcissistic (like me) you can go to your own profile and click "Favorited by Others" for a real dose of validation :)

Edit: Double ninja'd!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
Klaus van der Kroft wrote:
Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:
I also would like to know who clicks like on my posts. They validate me and I'd like to say thanks. ;-)
You can check that in your Profile, under "Favourited by Others".
Or click on the "X people favorited this post" line itself - it's a link to a list.

Good God, that makes it so much easier.

It's like the day I found out I could open tabs by only clicking the middle button.

Life is full of wonders indeed.


Orthos wrote:
Klaus van der Kroft wrote:
Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:
I also would like to know who clicks like on my posts. They validate me and I'd like to say thanks. ;-)
You can check that in your Profile, under "Favourited by Others".
Or click on the "X people favorited this post" line itself - it's a link to a list.

Holy crap! I learned something today! Well, wonders never cease.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aberzombie wrote:
Pearls melt in vinegar.

Did you know...

Snow melts in the spring. Pearls dissolve in vingear. Melting is an entirely different phyical process.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Does any of the snow go through sublimation?


Hitdice wrote:
Does any of the snow go through sublimation?

Not if it has already started to melt. Sublimation only occurs below the triple point, so for water this would be below freezing. It also happens really slowly for water at atmospheric pressure compared with melting.

EDIT: The triple point of water occurs at 611.73Pa, which is less than 1% of atmospheric pressure, so water probably cannot appreciably sublimate at standard conditions on Earth.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Didja know some posts are mispelled just to gave headaches to those who are nitpickers on such things. Like my first online convo with the pony lawyer modual/module hehe


5 people marked this as a favorite.

My favorite misspelling is Monster Manuel. I want to meet THAT guy.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
meatrace wrote:
My favorite misspelling is Monster Manuel. I want to meet THAT guy.

He might be on the set of a Spanish pr0n


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hitdice wrote:
Does any of the snow go through sublimation?

LOL! Am I a total dork for having a favorite change in state?


Celestial Healer wrote:
Or, if you are really narcissistic (like me) you can go to your own profile and click "Favorited by Others" for a real dose of validation :)

Fun!

P.S. Has anyone else ever been tempted to "favorite" one of their own posts and then see if it shows up in the "favorited by others" search? I might be "other" than me, which would open up whole realms of psychology. On the flip side, I'm afraid the inherent contradiction would cause the universe to implode, destroying all life -- or worse, expelling me from the Paizo boards. So I'm not quite willing to try that.


Yeah, if you favorite your own post it shows up under "Favorited by others."

Also, this kind of made me laugh. But, then again, I'm a right bastard.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
Yeah, if you favorite your own post it shows up under "Favorited by others."

I should have known that a goblin wouldn't be able to resist trying that.

Shadow Lodge

Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
Also, this kind of made me laugh. But, then again, I'm a right bastard.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFHAHAHAHAHAH


Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
Also, this kind of made me laugh. But, then again, I'm a right bastard.

...it's an Ewok.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

The BBC Europe correspondent described the painting's current state as resembling "a crayon sketch of a very hairy monkey in an ill-fitting tunic."

LOL


Kirth Gersen wrote:
Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
Yeah, if you favorite your own post it shows up under "Favorited by others."
I should have known that a goblin wouldn't be able to resist trying that.

While I do love myself, and my faves Biblical character is Onan, I discovered this through linking posts. I (almost) always go back and de-favorite them when I'm done.

The Exchange

The second son of Jonah? Isn't he a foot note?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

[Spills his seed upon the ground]

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...I'm sorry, what?


Hee hee!

Dogs are dumb.


Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:

Hee hee!

Dogs are dumb.

Humps cats

The Exchange

Don Juan de Doodlebug wrote:

[Spills his seed upon the ground]

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...I'm sorry, what?

oh yeah the levirate marriage thing. He dies because he did not fulfill his oath. Judah's son.

Dang you bringing up little known biblical personages and making me have to remember and look up stuff. :P

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Kirth Gersen wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Pearls melt in vinegar.

Did you know...

Snow melts in the spring. Pearls dissolve in vingear. Melting is an entirely different phyical process.

Yeah, I really don't give a crap kid.


Australia's first police force was a band of 12 of the most well behaved Convicts.


Kip84 wrote:
Australia's first police force was a band of 12 of the most well behaved Convicts.

I take it they are still the same....

Or have they increased their numbers ;p


Aberzombie wrote:
Kirth Gersen wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Pearls melt in vinegar.

Did you know...

Snow melts in the spring. Pearls dissolve in vingear. Melting is an entirely different phyical process.

Yeah, I really don't give a crap kid.

"My heart disolves" really dosen't have the same ring to it.

Scarab Sages

There is no butter in buttermilk.

Scarab Sages

The USS JOHN F. KENNEDY (CV-67) was the last 1200 lb steam propulsion boiler ship to serve in the U.S. Navy.


Aberzombie wrote:
Yeah, I really don't give a crap kid.

OK. Pittsburgh is the capital of Pennsylvania.


Pittsburgh used to be Fort Duquesne. The Brits tried to take it a couple of times, once with George Washington in tow, but they never could take it from them Frenchies.

It wasn't until the Indians had been persuaded to abandon the French cause and Fort Frontenac on the mouth of the St. Lawrence got taken that the Americans--woops, British were able to lay claim to what became Pittsburgh. Even then, they never took Fort Duquesne. The French razed it to the ground and evacuated it before they got there.


In French, Duquesne is pronounced something like "Dookoo." Christopher Lee's character in the Star Wars prequels is named after the fort.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Scientists recently were able to code 700 Terabytes of data into a single gram of synthesized DNA material.


That sounds impressive. What's a terabyte?


1,000 Gigabytes. Or 1,000,000 Megabytes . Or 1,000,000,000 Kilobytes.

To get an idea of the volume of data, that's the same as having 14,000 50 Gigabyte Blu-Ray movie discs worth of data in an area smaller than your pinky tip.


Paranoia, here we come!

Do you happen to know if that is less, the same or more than a "real" gram of DNA?

1,001 to 1,050 of 6,213 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Did you know...? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.