Did you know...?


Off-Topic Discussions

901 to 950 of 6,752 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
The Exchange

I typed this sentence with my fingers, and not my toes.


I typed this one with something else.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Don Juan de Doodlebug wrote:
I typed this one with something else.

I figured as much.


TOZ wrote:
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Do you want to come back to my place? Bouncy bouncy.

Liberty's Edge

Don Juan de Doodlebug wrote:
I typed this one with something else.

It's possible to play drums with something else. It's just pretty painful.

Scarab Sages

I'm currently eating pretzels in the airport.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Just so you know, I have continued my one-goblin campaign to inform the world about penis bones, and I still have yet to find a single person who was already aware of them.

I'm starting to get strange looks at work.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

You mean you're just starting to notice the strange looks you get at work?

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Christian Zionism predates Jewish Zionism by 50 years and both movements are less than 200 years old. (Christian Zionism was developed in the 1830's and Jewish Zionism in the 1880's.)


Hee hee!

It might be just that.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Chinese fortune cookies actually originated in America. They have since crossed over to China where they are known as American fortune cookies.
"Help! I'm trapped in a fortune cookie factory!"

I recently received a fortune from a cookie that read "And in the end, the love you get is equal to the love you give". It seems I may have heard that one before.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Be thankful it didn't say "Goo Goo G'Joob."


Sanakht Inaros wrote:
Christian Zionism

Hmmm. Never heard of it. And that's all I'm gonna say about that...

[scurries off to wikipedia]

Sovereign Court

Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
Sanakht Inaros wrote:
Christian Zionism

Hmmm. Never heard of it. And that's all I'm gonna say about that...

[scurries off to wikipedia]

End of the worldists aren't they? Trying to bring about rapture?


Robert Hawkshaw wrote:
Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
Sanakht Inaros wrote:
Christian Zionism

Hmmm. Never heard of it. And that's all I'm gonna say about that...

[scurries off to wikipedia]

End of the worldists aren't they? Trying to bring about rapture?

Hey guys! Over here!

Sovereign Court

Did you know that the US government / IRS is obliged to hand over all information that the IRS has on a citizen to any country that has signed a tax treaty with it provided they ask nicely?

For ex - the US / China tax treaty article 25:

Quote:

1. The competent authorities of the Contracting States shall exchange such information as is necessary for

carrying out the provisions of this Agreement or of the domestic laws of the Contracting States concerning taxes
covered by this Agreement insofar as the taxation thereunder is not contrary to this Agreement, in particular for the
prevention of fraud or evasion of such taxes. The exchange of information is not restricted by Article 1.

Competent authorities means the IRS and china's revenue agency.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Madalyn Murray O'Hair, founder of American Atheists had a son who later became a Baptist preacher. The son alleged that his mother stole more than 18 million of AA's funds, which to this day remain hidden in offshore bank accounts.

O'Hair was kidnapped and murdered by an employee of AA who cut her body into so many pieces she had to be identified by a serial number in a prosthetic hip. While kidnapped, the kidnapper forced O'Hair to buy $500,000 in gold coins with her funds. $420,000 of this money was later stolen from the kidnapper when he left the coins in a storage locker that was randomly burgled.


Patrick Curtin wrote:

Madalyn Murray O'Hair, founder of American Atheists had a son who later became a Baptist preacher. The son alleged that his mother stole more than 18 million of AA's funds, which to this day remain hidden in offshore bank accounts.

O'Hair was kidnapped and murdered by an employee of AA who cut her body into so many pieces she had to be identified by a serial number in a prosthetic hip. While kidnapped, the kidnapper forced O'Hair to buy $500,000 in gold coins with her funds. $420,000 of this money was later stolen from the kidnapper when he left the coins in a storage locker that was randomly burgled.

Ooh, I didn't know this.

Sovereign Court

Hmmm if I have done my math right, that 500k worth of gold coins should be worth approximately 2.1 million now. (gold worth about 384 per ounce in sept 1995, worth 1615 or so now). Good investment.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Chinese fortune cookies actually originated in America. They have since crossed over to China where they are known as American fortune cookies.
"Help! I'm trapped in a fortune cookie factory!"
I recently received a fortune from a cookie that read "And in the end, the love you get is equal to the love you give". It seems I may have heard that one before.

No joke, I got a fortune cookie the other week that read thusly:

"When the end comes, pick the second from the left."

!!!!


Patrick Curtin wrote:

Madalyn Murray O'Hair, founder of American Atheists had a son who later became a Baptist preacher. The son alleged that his mother stole more than 18 million of AA's funds, which to this day remain hidden in offshore bank accounts.

O'Hair was kidnapped and murdered by an employee of AA who cut her body into so many pieces she had to be identified by a serial number in a prosthetic hip. While kidnapped, the kidnapper forced O'Hair to buy $500,000 in gold coins with her funds. $420,000 of this money was later stolen from the kidnapper when he left the coins in a storage locker that was randomly burgled.

Wasn't there a documentary about this? I think I saw it a long time ago.

The Exchange

meatrace wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:

Madalyn Murray O'Hair, founder of American Atheists had a son who later became a Baptist preacher. The son alleged that his mother stole more than 18 million of AA's funds, which to this day remain hidden in offshore bank accounts.

O'Hair was kidnapped and murdered by an employee of AA who cut her body into so many pieces she had to be identified by a serial number in a prosthetic hip. While kidnapped, the kidnapper forced O'Hair to buy $500,000 in gold coins with her funds. $420,000 of this money was later stolen from the kidnapper when he left the coins in a storage locker that was randomly burgled.

Wasn't there a documentary about this? I think I saw it a long time ago.

I think I saw one as well. it was not a very good one if I remember correctly.


Robert Hawkshaw wrote:
Hmmm if I have done my math right, that 500k worth of gold coins should be worth approximately 2.1 million now. (gold worth about 384 per ounce in sept 1995, worth 1615 or so now). Good investment.

Only if you don't leave it in a storage locker

More interesting gold facts:

If you could collect all the gold ever mined into a cube with the same dimensions as the Washington Monument , it would only reach to 1/3 of its height

If you could do the same with platinum it would only make a cube 20 feet on a side


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:


If you could collect all the gold ever mined into a cube with the same dimensions as the Washington Monument , it would only reach to 1/3 of its height

-.-

I don't think the shape you're describing is a cube.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

::rolls eyes::

cuboid then.


Patrick Curtin wrote:

Madalyn Murray O'Hair, founder of American Atheists had a son who later became a Baptist preacher. The son alleged that his mother stole more than 18 million of AA's funds, which to this day remain hidden in offshore bank accounts.

O'Hair was kidnapped and murdered by an employee of AA who cut her body into so many pieces she had to be identified by a serial number in a prosthetic hip. While kidnapped, the kidnapper forced O'Hair to buy $500,000 in gold coins with her funds. $420,000 of this money was later stolen from the kidnapper when he left the coins in a storage locker that was randomly burgled.

$420,000, you say?

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
meatrace wrote:
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Chinese fortune cookies actually originated in America. They have since crossed over to China where they are known as American fortune cookies.
"Help! I'm trapped in a fortune cookie factory!"
I recently received a fortune from a cookie that read "And in the end, the love you get is equal to the love you give". It seems I may have heard that one before.

No joke, I got a fortune cookie the other week that read thusly:

"When the end comes, pick the second from the left."

!!!!

I once got, "Do or do not. There is no try."

Yoda fortune cookie FTW.

Liberty's Edge

Gark the Goblin wrote:
Don Juan de Doodlebug wrote:
I typed this one with something else.
It's possible to play drums with something else. It's just pretty painful.

Wanna see how I play bass?

Scarab Sages

The film Mary Poppins was filmed entirely indoors.


Don Juan de Doodlebug wrote:

Just so you know, I have continued my one-goblin campaign to inform the world about penis bones, and I still have yet to find a single person who was already aware of them.

I'm starting to get strange looks at work.

I'm not really a person, but I was aware of that. For years now actually. I watch the discovery/science channel.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:

Madalyn Murray O'Hair, founder of American Atheists had a son who later became a Baptist preacher. The son alleged that his mother stole more than 18 million of AA's funds, which to this day remain hidden in offshore bank accounts.

O'Hair was kidnapped and murdered by an employee of AA who cut her body into so many pieces she had to be identified by a serial number in a prosthetic hip. While kidnapped, the kidnapper forced O'Hair to buy $500,000 in gold coins with her funds. $420,000 of this money was later stolen from the kidnapper when he left the coins in a storage locker that was randomly burgled.

I swear if I could get away with it I would empty every bus/train/airport locker I could. No telling what's in there.


Don Juan de Doodlebug wrote:
Just so you know, I have continued my one-goblin campaign to inform the world about penis bones, and I still have yet to find a single person who was already aware of them, present company excluded, of course.

Edited.

Silver Crusade

Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:

Madalyn Murray O'Hair, founder of American Atheists had a son who later became a Baptist preacher. The son alleged that his mother stole more than 18 million of AA's funds, which to this day remain hidden in offshore bank accounts.

O'Hair was kidnapped and murdered by an employee of AA who cut her body into so many pieces she had to be identified by a serial number in a prosthetic hip. While kidnapped, the kidnapper forced O'Hair to buy $500,000 in gold coins with her funds. $420,000 of this money was later stolen from the kidnapper when he left the coins in a storage locker that was randomly burgled.

I swear if I could get away with it I would empty every bus/train/airport locker I could. No telling what's in there.

Back when I worked at a bank, I used to help with safe deposit boxes. There were privacy rooms where people could go through there stuff and no one would see what was in it, but some people would be in a hurry and just open them in front of you. Those would usually be the people with nothing particularly valuable (personal documents, insurance policies, and other boring shiznit).

One time, there was a guy who said, "No, I'll just be a minute. I don't need a room." He then proceeded to open his box and stack gold bars on the counter.

WTF, dude? If there was ever someone who needed the privacy room, it's you.


Celestial Healer wrote:
Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:


I swear if I could get away with it I would empty every bus/train/airport locker I could. No telling what's in there.

Back when I worked at a bank, I used to help with safe deposit boxes. There were privacy rooms where people could go through there stuff and no one would see what was in it, but some people would be in a hurry and just open them in front of you. Those would usually be the people with nothing particularly valuable (personal documents, insurance policies, and other boring shiznit).

One time, there was a guy who said, "No, I'll just be a minute. I don't need a room." He then proceeded to open his box and stack gold bars on the counter.

WTF, dude? If there was ever someone who needed the privacy room, it's you.

I work at a bank too and I've only ever seen boring stuff like paperwork and what not. I'm sure that the vast majority of the contents of lockers, safe deposit boxes, etc are really dull, but you only need one really good payday to make it worth it.

I think I'd start with lockers near international travel locations.

Silver Crusade

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:


I swear if I could get away with it I would empty every bus/train/airport locker I could. No telling what's in there.

Back when I worked at a bank, I used to help with safe deposit boxes. There were privacy rooms where people could go through there stuff and no one would see what was in it, but some people would be in a hurry and just open them in front of you. Those would usually be the people with nothing particularly valuable (personal documents, insurance policies, and other boring shiznit).

One time, there was a guy who said, "No, I'll just be a minute. I don't need a room." He then proceeded to open his box and stack gold bars on the counter.

WTF, dude? If there was ever someone who needed the privacy room, it's you.

I work at a bank too and I've only ever seen boring stuff like paperwork and what not. I'm sure that the vast majority of the contents of lockers, safe deposit boxes, etc are really dull, but you only need one really good payday to make it worth it.

I think I'd start with lockers near international travel locations.

The gold bars were my second favorite story. The best was told to me by an estate lawyer. An old man passed away, and she was brought in with the executor and a witness to inventory the old man's safe deposit box. Nobody knew what was going to be in it, but the bank staff said he came in almost every day to access his box in the privacy of the little room.

They opened it up, and it contained...

Spoiler:
A mostly empty bottle of bourbon and a glass.

He went to the bank every day to have his "nip" where his wife would not find out.


Celestial Healer wrote:
Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:


I work at a bank too and I've only ever seen boring stuff like paperwork and what not. I'm sure that the vast majority of the contents of lockers, safe deposit boxes, etc are really dull, but you only need one really good payday to make it worth it.

I think I'd start with lockers near international travel locations.

The gold bars were my second favorite story. The best was told to me by an estate lawyer. An old man passed away, and she was brought in with the executor and a witness to inventory the old man's safe deposit box. Nobody knew what was going to be in it, but the bank staff said he came in almost every day to access his box in the privacy of the little room.

They opened it up, and it contained...

** spoiler omitted **

That's my new favorite old man.

I have seen that people that keep a bunch of large bills in their box. I don't specifically know why, but I suspect it's because they want to appear to have less money for some reason. Tax evasion, qualifying for some sort of government assistance, maybe hiding it from a spouse, maybe drug money. I'm not really sure, but it seems sketchy to me.


Yeah! Hiding our vices from our women is what we male breeders do best!


Don Juan de Doodlebug wrote:
Yeah! Hiding our vices from our women is what we male breeders do best!

Good thing about being gay is that we get to participate in our vices with our spouses. ;-)

Edit: and friends. ;-)


You don't have to rub it in.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Don Juan de Doodlebug wrote:
You don't have to rub it in.

No, but I get to. ;-)

to make you feel better:

Actually my husband and I very boring when it comes to all that. "Vanilla" if you will. Our relationship is neither "open" nor "play together." I know gay couples that are, but my marriage "bedroom theatrics" are just as dull as I imagine most straight peoples are.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Don Juan de Doodlebug wrote:
You don't have to rub it in.

Don't you rub that where I can see it, you pervert!

*jabs with a knitting needle*


The first known usage of "ain't" as a contraction was in the year 1749.


Aberzombie wrote:
Domestic cats dislike citrus scents.

Mine love them, but never mind.


Aberzombie wrote:
Although I'm guessing some schlub will come along soon to inform us poor dumb bastards that it's actually 6.945 times....

Or that it's actually 2 times or 5347 times, which is obviously "ntipicking" the person who said seven...


The Prefab Sprout song Lions In My Own Garden (Exit Someone) is called like that because the songwriter, Paddy McAloon, wanted the words of the title to spell out the name of the city his ex-girlfriend had gone to work as an au pair in when she broke up with him.


-San Marino is the oldest currently existing republic in Europe.

-Emperor Caracalla, who ruled Rome in the late III century, gave instant citizenship to all free men inhabiting the empire. The reason was one of inheritance taxation, since only Romans could have them subject to tax.


Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:


I have seen that people that keep a bunch of large bills in their box. I don't specifically know why, but I suspect it's because they want to appear to have less money for some reason. Tax evasion, qualifying for some sort of government assistance, maybe hiding it from a spouse, maybe drug money. I'm not really sure, but it seems sketchy to me.

It sounds it. There aren't a whole lot of reasons someone would carry around a big pile of physical cash with them in a world with credit cards, checks, and the internet. Banks have to report deposits in excess of $10k or more but my guess would be that most don't want to know, as a matter of course, what's in their safe deposit boxes.

Scarab Sages

All of the clocks in the movie 'Pulp Fiction' are fixed to 4:20.


Don Juan de Doodlebug wrote:
Don Juan de Doodlebug wrote:
Just so you know, I have continued my one-goblin campaign to inform the world about penis bones, and I still have yet to find a single person who was already aware of them, present company excluded, of course.
Edited.

This man knows how to handle a baculum.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Samnell wrote:
Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:


I have seen that people that keep a bunch of large bills in their box. I don't specifically know why, but I suspect it's because they want to appear to have less money for some reason. Tax evasion, qualifying for some sort of government assistance, maybe hiding it from a spouse, maybe drug money. I'm not really sure, but it seems sketchy to me.
It sounds it. There aren't a whole lot of reasons someone would carry around a big pile of physical cash with them in a world with credit cards, checks, and the internet. Banks have to report deposits in excess of $10k or more but my guess would be that most don't want to know, as a matter of course, what's in their safe deposit boxes.

That said, if I were a rich man (Daidle deedle daidle Daidle daidle deedle daidle dum), I'd definitely be walking around with large sums simply because I happen to prefer using cash when possible.

901 to 950 of 6,752 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Did you know...? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.