Alluria Publishing - Some information


Product Discussion

351 to 400 of 523 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

It's up!

Beasts of the Boundless Blue


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The Alluria Facebook page just announced their next product. Prepare yourselves for Campaign Currents! Think Adventure Path, but soggier. (actual product will be dry)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

LINK?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Steven "Troll" O'Neal wrote:
The Alluria Facebook page just announced their next product. Prepare yourselves for Campaign Currents! Think Adventure Path, but soggier. (actual product will be dry)

*Insert: Shut up and take my money!.jpg*


Oceanshieldwolf wrote:
LINK?

Here


This sounds promising, however... I don't feel much like buying a book with only a fraction of new content. From what I can understand, in addition of the 60 or so new monsters, the book has every monster from the main Campaign Setting, Waves of Thoughts, Indigo Ice and Azure Abyss... all of which I already have bought on Paizo.

I'm just gonna toss a suggestion here, so feel free to do what you wish: would it be possible to release a thinner version of the book containing only the new monsters? No offense, but I just don't feel like buying a book which content is already in other previous books.


JiCi wrote:

This sounds promising, however... I don't feel much like buying a book with only a fraction of new content. From what I can understand, in addition of the 60 or so new monsters, the book has every monster from the main Campaign Setting, Waves of Thoughts, Indigo Ice and Azure Abyss... all of which I already have bought on Paizo.

I'm just gonna toss a suggestion here, so feel free to do what you wish: would it be possible to release a thinner version of the book containing only the new monsters? No offense, but I just don't feel like buying a book which content is already in other previous books.

Many of the older monsters have been updated for clarity, as have a few feats. Believe me, it's well worth the investment.


JiCi wrote:
only the new monsters? No offense, but I just don't feel like buying a book which content is already in other previous books.

Ok, to be fair, it has 60 new monsters, and 30 new NPC writeups (1 of each PC race). The price is comparable to our other 100 page books (it has abotu 100 pages of new material), and its nearly 300 pages. And right now its on sale for 9.95 until Halloween on RPGnow.com. So, totally affordable even if you just want the new stuff.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.

300 pages and 100 new pages for 10 bucks sounds reasonable enough. I will try an pick it up before the sale is over then.


Hardcover and softcover editions of Beasts of the Boundless Blue are officially on their way. Hardcover is expected by the end of the week, softcover should be around before Xmas.

Dark Archive

Can't wait to grab the hardcover.


I've sent several emails about this, but have not received a response to date. What are the odds that the non-electronic rewards from the Kickstarter will be sent out to the contributors?


Beast of the Boundless Blue is now available in Hardback at rpgnow.com.


I bought a PDF and Hardcover of the main Campaign Setting. I am very impressed with pretty much everything about the work, and am surprised that it went under my radar for 3 years.

I'd totally buy physical and PDF books of the rest of the line, but for now money's kind of tight with me.


Libertad wrote:

I bought a PDF and Hardcover of the main Campaign Setting. I am very impressed with pretty much everything about the work, and am surprised that it went under my radar for 3 years.

I'd totally buy physical and PDF books of the rest of the line, but for now money's kind of tight with me.

That's perfectly understandable. We are glad you enjoyed it.

Dark Archive

I grab the hardcover also. Nice job. Another big gorgeous monster book on my shelf.

Sovereign Court

Same here. MONSTERSSSS !!!! YESSSS !!!


Thank you lastgrasp and Stereofm, we're glad you enjoyed them.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I got to run an adventure at Dragoncon, that used a ton of the beasts from this book, and it went very very well. It kept the players pulling their hair out


Well, I gave in and bought Beasts of the Boundless Blue afterall... and I don't regret my purchse. It's gonna be pratical to have all monsters in the same book, come to think of it ^_^

A few things though:

- Is the book supposed to to hint at an Oriental setting soon? Because the Koi-men are said to be proficient with "hitogoi" weapons... which aren't featured in any of the books so far, in addition of their oriental/Asian feels. So, can we expect a Far East portion of the Cerulean Seas anytime soon?

- I really like the Ships of the Damned. However, I do have questions about their abilities:
* If I select Anchor for a Medium ship, does the Anchor deal 5d6 points of damage, as in the "deals 1d6 points of damage per size category of the ship", which means 5 sizes (Fine, Diminutive, Tiny, Small and Medium), or does it deal just 1d6 points of damage, as it would implied that Medium is the "first" size and that it increases starting from there?

* If I select Crab Trap, o I get only one trap per selection or do I automatically get one trap per slam? Same goes with Fishing Lines.

* If I select Poltergeist Attack, are the attacks targeted at anyone within reach of the ship, including outside of the ship, or does it only apply to those aboard the ship? Furthermore, do these attacks replace the slam during an attack routine or can the ship slam AND attack with animated objects in a single round?

- I like the new lycanthropes ^_^

- I would have loved to see 1 or 2 new sea titans and 1 or 2 new trueforms, like a turtle, a whale or even a simple fish. Still, very minor complaint.

- Overall pretty good book, great work!

On a totally different subject (well, not really, since it's about another series of books), I was wondering if you have plans to make an Advance Race Guide kinda of book for the Remarkables Races. I know you guys have been focusing your efforts on the Cerulean Seas at the moment, but it would be nice to get a booklet that covers more options for the 15 Remarkables Races, similar to the Advanced Race Guide, y'know, with new racial feats, alternate racial traits, spells, Equipment and such.


The Far East idea has been kicked around for a while..it will come.
As far as the ship:
Officially I would say it starts at the 1d6 and works up, with medium being the baseline. For a ship smaller than Medium I would scale back the damage as any other attack form. (trying to picture a pixie-sized ship of the damned, staffed by itty-bitty zombies...may have to use that..)
Crabtrap and the like should be a single trap/line per selection.
Poltergeist attack: Hm..that IS a good one. You win a cookie. It never came up in play testing but I would rule that as long as it was within the ship's "reach", then it can attack. Fun things like knives and such being thrown at fleeing party members. It gets to use them in addition to its slam attacks.


JiCi wrote:

Well, I gave in and bought Beasts of the Boundless Blue afterall... and I don't regret my purchse. It's gonna be pratical to have all monsters in the same book, come to think of it ^_^

A few things though:

- Is the book supposed to to hint at an Oriental setting soon? Because the Koi-men are said to be proficient with "hitogoi" weapons... which aren't featured in any of the books so far, in addition of their oriental/Asian feels. So, can we expect a Far East portion of the Cerulean Seas anytime soon?

- I really like the Ships of the Damned. However, I do have questions about their abilities:
* If I select Anchor for a Medium ship, does the Anchor deal 5d6 points of damage, as in the "deals 1d6 points of damage per size category of the ship", which means 5 sizes (Fine, Diminutive, Tiny, Small and Medium), or does it deal just 1d6 points of damage, as it would implied that Medium is the "first" size and that it increases starting from there?

* If I select Crab Trap, o I get only one trap per selection or do I automatically get one trap per slam? Same goes with Fishing Lines.

* If I select Poltergeist Attack, are the attacks targeted at anyone within reach of the ship, including outside of the ship, or does it only apply to those aboard the ship? Furthermore, do these attacks replace the slam during an attack routine or can the ship slam AND attack with animated objects in a single round?

- I like the new lycanthropes ^_^

- I would have loved to see 1 or 2 new sea titans and 1 or 2 new trueforms, like a turtle, a whale or even a simple fish. Still, very minor complaint.

- Overall pretty good book, great work!

On a totally different subject (well, not really, since it's about another series of books), I was wondering if you have plans to make an Advance Race Guide kinda of book for the Remarkables Races. I know you guys have been focusing your efforts on the Cerulean Seas at the moment, but it would be nice to get a booklet that covers more options for the 15 Remarkables Races,...

So I emailed Emily about it and she had this to say.

"Yes, we are currently working on an "oriental adventures" type region for the Cerulean Seas world. The working name so far is "Sapphire Shores" but it has been referred to the "Cobalt Coast" before that. We may yet change it again.
It will feature some very unusual PC races, as well as a heavier focus on freshwater adventuring (as opposed to ocean adventuring, where the rest of the setting is focused)."

I'll have to get back to you about the Ship of the Damned.


Steven "Troll" O'Neal wrote:

So I emailed Emily about it and she had this to say.

"Yes, we are currently working on an "oriental adventures" type region for the Cerulean Seas world. The working name so far is "Sapphire Shores" but it has been referred to the "Cobalt Coast" before that. We may yet change it again. It will feature some very unusual PC races, as well as a heavier focus on freshwater adventuring (as opposed to ocean adventuring, where the rest of the setting is focused)."

I see, interesting ^_^

But... freshwater adventuring? Sounds more "restrictive" than ocean adventuring. I mean, a lake or river is usually small and self-contained, compared to a ocean which is open and much larger.

How's that gonna work? Yes, the hitogois have breathers, which are handy tools for any water-breathing character, but the movement is gonna be problematic.

"I would love to see the world, but I can't move out of the lake."

Think you can ask Emily to create an alchemical floating water bubble that allows seafolks to move on land using their swim speeds as a walk speed?

Steven "Troll" O'Neal wrote:
I'll have to get back to you about the Ship of the Damned.

I'll be waiting.

In the meantime, I've been meaning to ask this from the beginning: is the Trueform Template exclusive to aquatic animals and vermins, or can it be applied to every creature of the animal and vermin type?


JiCi wrote:


In the meantime, I've been meaning to ask this from the beginning: is the Trueform Template exclusive to aquatic animals and vermins, or can it be applied to every creature of the animal and vermin type?

As written it's any animal or vermin. That's what I'd go with.


So in order to keep the thread alive how about I ask you all what you think about this pending "Oriental Adventures" book. Do you like the idea? What do you think of the idea of freshwater adventures? Does it make you happy as a clam, or do you become a Giant Squid of Anger?


Steven "Troll" O'Neal wrote:
So in order to keep the thread alive how about I ask you all what you think about this pending "Oriental Adventures" book. Do you like the idea? What do you think of the idea of freshwater adventures? Does it make you happy as a clam, or do you become a Giant Squid of Anger?

Just so you know, I don't think Paizo locks many topics, so if you end up using Thread Necromancy, you'll still be fine :)

Back on topic, shall we?

Well, it kinda has become inevitable that several campaign settings take a crack at the Feudal China/Japan type of region. Forgotten Realms had Kara-Tur, Eberron had Sarlona and Golarion has Tian Xia, so... am I surprised by that statement from Alluria and the Cerulena Seas? Not at all, but I'm eager to see this :)

However, like I stated above, the "freshwater adventuring" sounds more restrictive than "saltwater adventuring" IMO. Why? Well, how to say it... oceans are vast, wide and open, but lakes... are not. They're usually small, closed and self-contained. Same goes with rivers.

You know how it can be stressful to swim through a narrow underground channel, be in a game or in real life? That's the same kind of feeling I get when thinking about water-breathing creatures crossing these kinds of place.

Of course, coastal Oriental-flavored cities can always work, since it's still related to the ocean, but I'm a bit skeptical about the whole freshwater stuff, due to geographical restrictions.

If breathers and floating water bubbles that allow swimmers to traverse land using their swim speed are available, then I suppose it could be easier. Then again, you'll end up being OUT of the water more than you are in, which can be a little... counter-intuitive.

I know by now that the Koi-men might appear... although if you go by 3e D&D's standards, it might be renamed to "Koi-folk" to accomodate both genders. As for other races... hmmm... I got an idea. Let me hera your thought about it:

You know how you [and your team] adapted some of the Remarkable Races to the Cerulean Seas, like the Mogogols, Obitus, Zifs and both the Amphibian and Reptile Animi? How about further expanding them here?
- Animus species based on perciformes [various fishes and sharks], pinniped [seals and walruses], cetaceans [whales and dolphins], cephalopods [octopi and squids] and decapods [lobsters, shrimps and crabs]

- Entobians with metamorphoses related to water insects.

- Oaklings based on aquatic vegetation.

- Taddols with aquatic elves and sea titans ancestry.

- Squoles which are actually made of thick water instead of ooze.

Aside from that... hmmm... it might get kinda hard to come up with more races. I mean, you have made so many XD. Let's see:
- Half-Sea Titan: a counterpart to the psionic half-giant. Why Oriental? Maybe I got that idea from Eberron, where their psionic region just happened to be the most oriental.

- Changelings: your take on that race, as a more aquatic variant.

- Turtlefolk: maybe also related to kappas.

- Actual playable trueforms: many of the trueforms aren't suited for PC races. How about giving a try here?

That's all I can think of right now.


Thanks JiCi. To be technical I'm not an official member of the team, but thanks for including me.

Back on topic. I don't know what's going into the book, though I believe I read on the Alluria Facebook page that the plan was to include Polynesian and Australian flavor as well as classic Asian. Don't quote me on that though, like I said I'm not an official part of the team.

From what I know of the campaign world, East Asian, Polynesian, and Aboriginal Australian culture I can hazard a guess that the following races are likely to be returning; Mogogol, Karkanak, Talilajuk Ningen, and possibly Sebek-Ka. New races I have no clue about, maybe a turtle anthromorph and more than likely a fair number of feykith given the mythos of Asia, Polynesia, and Australia. Merfolk will probably only get maybe one new race, given the restriction freshwater you mentioned.

It's a fair certainty that aquatic variants of the Samurai and Ninja will be included. What the new class would be, if there is going to be one, I'm not sure.

Other than that, I really don't know, but I'm excited. I wish I knew an eta for this one, I've been looking forward to it since Emily dropped the product line-up earlier in the thread.


WARNING! THIS IS A REPOST OF AN OLDER POST. PLANS MAY HAVE CHANGED

Emberion wrote:

We have some really great products lined up for 2013 and beyond, in this projected order (with some unannounced surprises along the way):

Titles are subject to change slightly, along with order.

Cerulean Seas: the Azure Abyss (Deep Sea Adventures, Coming soon!) currently available
Cerulean Seas: the Cobalt Coast (Oriental Adventures beneath the waves)
Cerulean Seas: the Viridian Veil (to be announced, but super awesome)

And those 3 will conclude the world building supplements (for a while anyway).

Then the Cerulean Seas Bestiary RENAMED "Beasts of the Boundless Blue" currently available

Then will start the race builders (much like advanced race guide) including:

Fin and Flipper : Book of Trueforms (rules for playing trueform PCs)
Half-breeds and Hybrids: Book of Mixed-races and Planars
Tooth & Claw: Book of Anthromorphs
Elements and Enchantment: Book of Feykith
Tales of Tails: Book of Merfolk
Remarkable Races: Cerulean Seas Edition

And much more!

For those that hadn't seen this earlier post I have reposted it with updates of which products have been completed. I don't know what is and isn't being worked on at the moment, your guess is as good as mine. This is just me being nice, and I'm not acting in any official way.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

Freshwater adventures don't have to be narrow in scope. Just look at the size of the Great Lakes, Lake Baikal, or the Amazon region.

Although I guess I am still confused how you are going to integrate that into the campaign world...there doesn't appear to be much land, which seems like it might preclude the existence of huge bodies of freshwater? Than again I don't use the campaign setting, I just plop down races/monsters/elements of the books into a modded Golarion, so I have more land area to create big lakes and rivers.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
MMCJawa wrote:

Freshwater adventures don't have to be narrow in scope. Just look at the size of the Great Lakes, Lake Baikal, or the Amazon region.

Although I guess I am still confused how you are going to integrate that into the campaign world...there doesn't appear to be much land, which seems like it might preclude the existence of huge bodies of freshwater? Than again I don't use the campaign setting, I just plop down races/monsters/elements of the books into a modded Golarion, so I have more land area to create big lakes and rivers.

It is entirely possible that there is a continent that wasn't flooded. I mean in the main campaign setting book there are islands that I've estimated to be at least 100 square miles in area, if not larger. A continent isn't that far fetched really.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Just an update. The planned Adventure series is being worked on. I don't have a release date, but as soon as I know anything new I'll be sure to let everyone know.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Steven "Troll" O'Neal wrote:
So in order to keep the thread alive how about I ask you all what you think about this pending "Oriental Adventures" book. Do you like the idea? What do you think of the idea of freshwater adventures? Does it make you happy as a clam, or do you become a Giant Squid of Anger?

I think its a cool idea, although I'd like to see Aboriginal and Polynesian cultures more personally. Freshwater adventures could be cool though. Totally different brand, but I recall the merfolk of MtG's Lorwyn being quite interesting, combine exploration with fresh water tunnels and landwalking. I don't suppose there's even a rough estimate on when this will be available?


FallenDabus wrote:
Steven "Troll" O'Neal wrote:
So in order to keep the thread alive how about I ask you all what you think about this pending "Oriental Adventures" book. Do you like the idea? What do you think of the idea of freshwater adventures? Does it make you happy as a clam, or do you become a Giant Squid of Anger?
I think its a cool idea, although I'd like to see Aboriginal and Polynesian cultures more personally. Freshwater adventures could be cool though. Totally different brand, but I recall the merfolk of MtG's Lorwyn being quite interesting, combine exploration with fresh water tunnels and landwalking. I don't suppose there's even a rough estimate on when this will be available?

I'm sure there is some estimate of when it will be available, but I have no clue when that is. As for the Aboriginal/Polynesian cultures are concerned, as of the last info I have that will likely be included as well. That may change, I don't know for certain.


dot


Sorry I haven't been updating lately. I haven't had any updates for some time. I'm trying to get in touch with Emily.


We're still hard at work! Progress is a little slow right now.


No worries, take your time. Any new bits to share?


OmNomNid wrote:
No worries, take your time. Any new bits to share?

Afraid not.


Steven "Troll" O'Neal wrote:
OmNomNid wrote:
No worries, take your time. Any new bits to share?
Afraid not.

Ah, pity.


OmNomNid wrote:
Steven "Troll" O'Neal wrote:
OmNomNid wrote:
No worries, take your time. Any new bits to share?
Afraid not.
Ah, pity.

Sorry, if I knew anything I'd be more than happy to share.


Okay folks, here's your update. Right now the budget is being finicky, so progress is incremental, but there is progress being made so fear not!


Good news everybody, I've just heard from Emily and there's now a schedule for the upcoming adventure series. I can't say much just now, but we do have a schedule.


Nice


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Budget is ALWAYS a huge issue. People love the art..and yet the art is what keeps things breaking even, at best. Feel free to show off the setting to anybody that plays..the more sales ensure the quality that everyone is used to.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

This and this are coming down the pipe. I will keep you updated on both.

PS. For those that cannot see those, it's the cover art for the Clever Classes: Marauder, and Celadon Shores books, respectively.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

So is Celadon Shores the Asian and/or Kelp Forest setting book?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
MMCJawa wrote:
So is Celadon Shores the Asian and/or Kelp Forest setting book?

It looks to be asian inspired to me. But even if not it still seems interesting, particularly considering that bird-like being with a humanoid face.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

Steven,

As the designer of the original Mariner and bunch of other Cerulean Sea classes, I've obviously tinkered with making them mainstream/for land use.

If Emily wants any input, tell her to drop me a line here, and I'll get in touch.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

EDIT: I'm an idiot. She already contacted me. Via e-mail.

In other news, people who like Alluria classes but are worried about playing underwater are in for a happy surprise.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Awesome news; I love all of the Cerulean Seas classes and often use them in any setting (minus the Mariner- works best in the water) but I have always felt my changes to the aquanaught have never been fantastic. I'd love to see that class get access to more philums that are land based.

351 to 400 of 523 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Third-Party Pathfinder RPG Products / Product Discussion / Alluria Publishing - Some information All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.