Asheville Pathfinder Society Lodge


Local Play

3,951 to 4,000 of 4,404 << first < prev | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge 5/5 Venture-Captain, New Zealand—Dunedin aka dinketry

I love the dings.

BTW....we're coming up on post #4000. Previously, we've given away a stuffed goblin and Blood of Angels for posts #2000 and #3000, respectively.

What will we give away for post #4000? WHO KNOWS? But it will be free. So post!

-Dink

Dark Archive 3/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Hmmm. Still haven't seen anything for post #2000.

Sovereign Court

but post #2000 was soooooo long ago.

Dark Archive 3/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It's no big deal getting it.

Dark Archive 3/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It's no big deal not getting it.
Just saw it was mentioned as being given out.


Hello everybody, I was wondering if I could make a small request. It's no real biggie, but I'm hoping we could get 4 people for Jason's Rats of the Round Mountain game this Friday. I'm trying to get 1 more XP on Villini before the Doom Comes to Dustpawn event this Saturday (Looks to be a fantastic time!). Thanks for your consideration.

Silver Crusade 5/5

I signed up!

Dark Archive 3/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Society Subscriber

If my evening game doesn't happen, then I'll be looking to get into another game.

Shadow Lodge

Have fun at PaizoCon you people who are going to such! Bring back epic tales, fancy new boons and higher-level PCs!


Hey, thanks Luth, and possibly Chris. I'd be happy to buy a round of drinks for the table.

Scarab Sages 4/5

Is that the game now listed as Words of the Ancients? If so, I signed up. If Chris ends up joining, that might push it into the dreaded 5 player Season 4 territory, though. Sorry about that.

What tier were you guys looking to play? I can bring either a Ninja 8 or a Sorcerer 10.

Dark Archive 3/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Well, we'll see what happens. I would choose Words Of The Ancients over Quest For Perfection, as I've played and run all three parts of it. If I do get in Words, I'll pull out my high level gunslinger.

Liberty's Edge

We have a bit of a problem we need a GM for Quest if any one is interested please PM me on face book. Galen is having a Family crisis.

thanks

Liberty's Edge

ok we got it thanks Chris For stepping up Bro

Dark Archive 3/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Yep, np.


Thanks Chris, I appreciate you stepping up. I have some supplies for quest for perfection 3 from when I thought I was going to run it last week. Sign in sheet, faction missions, and chronicle sheets. I'd be more than happy to give them to you.

Also, Thune, that is the game. Jason was super nice and changed the event being run since Rats of Round Mountain is a series you want to play all in order, and a lot of us (Or just me) wouldn't be able to do that. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Silver Crusade 5/5

Thank you to special guest Mike Welham for running his recently published Doom comes to Dustpawn for us, and to all who attended this weekend's Grand Lodge!!!

Couple of announcements: If you didn't attend yesterday's Grand Lodge... here are the 2 main points. Scenario times at the WT that we are going to try to stick to 12:30pm to 5pm and 5:30pm to 10:00pm... I know this tightens things up time wise, but we can't schedule games to last after the business is supposed to be closed. GMs, print and fill out as much of your chronicles as possible before the start of your scenarios, and players, be respectful of the amount of time you take on your turn, especially in large groups of 6 or 7. The owners will always be flexible with us and we know sometimes games run long or start late, so this is a guideline and goal to shoot for, not a line in the sand.

Second, August 3rd is the last Grand Lodge of the APL before we bid farewell to the Shadow and Lantern lodges. We will be hosting multiple games of both faction retirement scenarios. Please only ask to GM one of these sessions if you have a character who is too high level to play the scenario, but still needs credit for it. this is a special case where Paizo is allowing GMs to give credit to their characters even if they are above level 7, and we need to reward the folks who have played these factions longest and to the highest level with the GM option. That being said, even if you don't have a Shadow or Lantern Lodge character, pitch in and play one of these great scenarios and help fill up lots of tables!!! they are both absolutely jaw dropping endings to both story lines! Some games are already posted on the Warhorn

Now further business... Our pillar of support for our Friday Shadow lodge, Andy Bailey, will be working for Bel Cher on Friday July 26th, and so we need some folks to step and help organize that day. Please post here or on APL Facebook Group if you are interested.

All Scenarios are reported, and we'll post the running tally of prestige later today....

Luth out

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

Luthril wrote:
Thank you to special guest Mike Welham for running his recently published Doom comes to Dustpawn for us, and to all who attended this weekend's Grand Lodge!!!

Man, I wish I could have been there. This is what I get for visiting my mother!

Silver Crusade 5/5

Tally for the Grand Lodge prestige this weekend:

Andoran 14
Cheliax 4
Grand Lodge 9
Lantern Lodge 12
Osirion 12
Qadira 6
Sczarni 8
Shadow Lodge 8
Silver Crusade 10
Taldor 2

Our VC will add this to the running totals and get you a full update when he get back to WNC :)

Looks like more of the same... LL and Osi way out in front, Andoran moving up... Hey look Dain 2 prestige for Taldor!!!

Silver Crusade 5/5

RainyDayNinja wrote:
Luthril wrote:
Thank you to special guest Mike Welham for running his recently published Doom comes to Dustpawn for us, and to all who attended this weekend's Grand Lodge!!!
Man, I wish I could have been there. This is what I get for visiting my mother!

I'm sure it will get run again soon... lots of us bought copies for Mike to sign!!!

Scarab Sages

ACE has come calling again, looking for awesome gamers to enjoy their homegrown 2nd Annual Comic Expo! Date is Sept. 21st, underneath the Expo center like last time. It is run by the excellent people at Comic Envy, and supported by Game Xcape and our very own Wyvern's Tale.

Details are sketchy at this point, but just wanted to put it on everyone's radar to represent the APL in the community. I would love to see some Pathfinder games run, including Paul's excellent brainstorm from last year, the kids beginner box table! I may run that, and I'll certainly run DCC. I would encourage folks to branch out if the like and try/run something different. Savage Worlds, FATE, DnDNext, TMNT, etc.

ASHEVILLE PATHFINDERS, ASSEMBLE!!!

::Sounds the Horn of the Osirion Pharohs::

Silver Crusade 5/5

Revised Faction prestige totals!!! Race for the finish!

We're wrapping up Season 4 and closing the doors on Shadow and Lantern Lodges on August 14th.

If you haven't signed up yet, Our last Grand Lodge of Season 4 is at our Warhorn. So get over there and sign up, and if you don't see something you can play... PLEASE let us know so we can try to accommodate you.

Also check out our Facebook Group for more info on what we're up to at the APL!!!

Here are the big numbers:

Taldor 108
Qadira 154
Silver Crusade 159
Sczarni 187
Cheliax 188
Grand Lodge 248
Andoran 255
Osirion 269
Shadow Lodge 282
Lantern Lodge 286

We rock... a little math tells that me we've racked up over 350 character levels this season alone!!!(this is probably a low number)

It's neck and neck for eternal bragging rights of the faction that went out on top... Who will win???

The Beckers have a family wedding to attend next Grand Lodge, so I'll see you all on August 3rd to wrap all this up!!! You kids play safe out there!

Uncle Luth out

Scarab Sages 4/5

Luthril wrote:
Hey look Dain 2 prestige for Taldor!!!

You're welcome. For what it's worth, I earned 2 more for Taldor with my Bard as well Monday last week (though that game doesn't appear to be reported yet). After having no Taldan characters until a few weeks ago, suddenly I have 2. For the Empire! Or something like that.

I've got family commitments the rest if this trip, so I don't think I'll be by the shop again before I head to Louisiana. But it was good slaying a dragon with Luth, Villini, and company.

Silver Crusade 5/5

Ferious Thune wrote:
Luthril wrote:
Hey look Dain 2 prestige for Taldor!!!

You're welcome. For what it's worth, I earned 2 more for Taldor with my Bard as well Monday last week (though that game doesn't appear to be reported yet). After having no Taldan characters until a few weeks ago, suddenly I have 2. For the Empire! Or something like that.

I've got family commitments the rest if this trip, so I don't think I'll be by the shop again before I head to Louisiana. But it was good slaying a dragon with Luth, Villini, and company.

Good seeing you man, Let us know when you're in town next so we can roll out the red? carpet, or what ever color carpet we have.... maybe just a rug... I'm sure we have a rug, of yet to be determined color... that can be unfolded at least...

Dark Archive 3/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Well, looks like I have been able to acquire another star.

Sovereign Court

Ferious Thune wrote:
Luthril wrote:
Hey look Dain 2 prestige for Taldor!!!

You're welcome. For what it's worth, I earned 2 more for Taldor with my Bard as well Monday last week (though that game doesn't appear to be reported yet). After having no Taldan characters until a few weeks ago, suddenly I have 2. For the Empire! Or something like that.

I've got family commitments the rest if this trip, so I don't think I'll be by the shop again before I head to Louisiana. But it was good slaying a dragon with Luth, Villini, and company.

Ah well, that's the true power of the Empire. Once the eyes have been opened, one can see Taldor in all her Glory.

For the Empire and Princess Eutropia!

Glad to see you have joined the Taldan ranks. :) And as Luth said, let us know the next time you're up here. For reference, Luth, the carpet color would be Royal Blue and Gold. ;)

Grand Lodge 5/5 Venture-Captain, New Zealand—Dunedin aka dinketry

Chris Ballard wrote:
Well, looks like I have been able to acquire another star.

Congrats, CB!!

Dark Archive 3/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Paul Trani wrote:
Chris Ballard wrote:
Well, looks like I have been able to acquire another star.
Congrats, CB!!

Thanks.

Sovereign Court

Man, how did I miss the star announcement? Congrats Chris!

Liberty's Edge

Congrats Chris

Dark Archive 3/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Yeah, thanks.

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

I don't know if any of your are following the rules forums, but you might want to check out this thread.

Apparently, a recent FAQ allows characters to meet the spellcasting requirements for prestige classes using Spell-Like Abilities. So a regular Aasimar (who can cast the 3rd-level arcane daylight as an SLA) would qualify for Eldritch Knight after only 1 level of Magus, or for Bloatmage after one level of Wizard.

The really interesting option is for Mystic Theurge, since all the other variations on Aasimars and Tieflings cast 2nd-level SLAs. This would let you qualify at level 5, with only a 1-level dip into an arcane casting class, so your Cleric casting doesn't suffer much at all.

Now, who's got some character ideas?

Liberty's Edge

So what are we doing with all the prestige olympics when people change factions? And how are we recording the faction changes? What do I have to do to official migrate Buliwyf from Shadow to Taldor?

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

Also, it looks like the "Rivalry's End" in the first slot on the 20th has been claimed by the low tier, so I'll have to wait on that. Is anyone looking to run another game in that slot? Perhaps part 4 of "Devil We Know," or "The Price of Friendship"?

Silver Crusade 5/5

StrangePackage wrote:
So what are we doing with all the prestige olympics when people change factions? And how are we recording the faction changes? What do I have to do to official migrate Buliwyf from Shadow to Taldor?

There is no charge in prestige for any Shadow or Lantern Lodge agent at the end of Season 4 to switch to another Faction, you just simply start recording them as a new faction.

When you play one of the End Scenarios there is a place for you to record your new faction... again no charge for the change, and you just start recording them as the new faction when reporting...

The old factions (Lantern, and Shadow) won't be valid choices on reporting after August 14th.

Hope this helps

Silver Crusade 5/5

RainyDayNinja wrote:

I don't know if any of your are following the rules forums, but you might want to check out this thread.

Apparently, a recent FAQ allows characters to meet the spellcasting requirements for prestige classes using Spell-Like Abilities. So a regular Aasimar (who can cast the 3rd-level arcane daylight as an SLA) would qualify for Eldritch Knight after only 1 level of Magus, or for Bloatmage after one level of Wizard.

The really interesting option is for Mystic Theurge, since all the other variations on Aasimars and Tieflings cast 2nd-level SLAs. This would let you qualify at level 5, with only a 1-level dip into an arcane casting class, so your Cleric casting doesn't suffer much at all.

Now, who's got some character ideas?

I saw a lot of disagreement there, and no official weigh in, I wouldn't get too excited until Mike, or John or one of the other top dogs responds

Grand Lodge 5/5 Venture-Captain, New Zealand—Dunedin aka dinketry

Luthril wrote:
RainyDayNinja wrote:

I don't know if any of your are following the rules forums, but you might want to check out...

Now, who's got some character ideas?

I saw a lot of disagreement there, and no official weigh in, I wouldn't get too excited until Mike, or John or one of the other top dogs responds

This isn't a thread reflecting an official ruling; it's a question. Any rules changes like this will be coming out with the drop of the new Pathfinder Society rules document, which should hit the website after GenCon.

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

Paul Trani wrote:
Luthril wrote:
RainyDayNinja wrote:

I don't know if any of your are following the rules forums, but you might want to check out...

Now, who's got some character ideas?

I saw a lot of disagreement there, and no official weigh in, I wouldn't get too excited until Mike, or John or one of the other top dogs responds
This isn't a thread reflecting an official ruling; it's a question. Any rules changes like this will be coming out with the drop of the new Pathfinder Society rules document, which should hit the website after GenCon.

I think it is an official ruling. SKR has confirmed that the recent FAQ about Spell-Like Abilities means that a rogue with the Minor Magic talent qualifies for Arcane Strike. The only difference between the prerequisite for Arcane Strike and entry into Eldritch Knight is that EK specifies what level of arcane spell. So without some contradictory statement, I think we have to assume that it works the same way. And when the thread was started asking if it really worked the way the FAQ seemed to suggest, it was flagged as "already answered in the FAQ."

But I'll be keeping my eye on those threads anyway.

EDIT: Aha, explicit confirmation!

Shadow Lodge

Might be a tad early, but A.C.E. is coming up in September. Any plans for PFS events there? I'll have the day off and would love to squeeze a scenario in if they're offered.

Silver Crusade 5/5

Michael APL wrote:
Might be a tad early, but A.C.E. is coming up in September. Any plans for PFS events there? I'll have the day off and would love to squeeze a scenario in if they're offered.

I'm sure we'll have a presence there Mike. We'll keep ya posted!

Dark Archive 3/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Society Subscriber

We made the Paizo blog, check it out: Friday Blog

Shadow Lodge 5/5 Venture-Lieutenant, North Carolina—Asheville aka mogmismo

Extra surprise gaming opportunity: "Among the Dead" (Tiers 1-7) tomorrow (Thursday) night. This will *only happen* if we can get a table of 4+ players, so be sure to sign up using the WarHorn link below:

http://warhorn.net/asheville-pfs/schedule/day.php?date=2013-07-18

Here is the Paizo summary of "Among the Dead"

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

There's a lot of low-tier stuff in the first slot this Saturday. Are there any plans for some high-level love? Perhaps part 4 of "Devil We Know," or "The Price of Friendship"?

Silver Crusade 5/5

We have 5 games offered at noon... sorry none fit your needs. The game you're in in the evening is pacted... you could drop out of it and do the level 5 Module all day... you could GM one of the noon games? One of those fellas would probably love to play.

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

I suppose I could do the module, but I'd hate to break up the Shades of Ice series.

But I did prep Assault on the Kingdom of the Impossible to run last weekend for my local game, but couldn't because of cancellations. I've got everything drawn and printed, even. So if the GM of that would let me, I'd take over.

Dark Archive 3/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Society Subscriber

For those that will be running The Waking Rune, I do have the map for it made up and laminated. I can let people borrow it. It's done like I've done with some other maps. Just let me know if you need it.

3/5

I've signed up for the Part II of Rats of Round Mountain but just realized it is a 2-part with a boon for consecutive play. Should I stick with it or is the boon worth delaying the play for?

Shadow Lodge 5/5 Venture-Lieutenant, North Carolina—Asheville aka mogmismo

RainyDay,

The morning GM of "Assault on the Kingdom of the Impossible" needs the GM credit to get a character where he needs it for a game later in the week, and has it already prepped and ready. I don't think he can switch with you, I asked.

That said, you can always get credit for playing goblins in the morning!

M.

RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

mogmismo wrote:

RainyDay,

The morning GM of "Assault on the Kingdom of the Impossible" needs the GM credit to get a character where he needs it for a game later in the week, and has it already prepped and ready. I don't think he can switch with you, I asked.

That said, you can always get credit for playing goblins in the morning!

M.

That's true. You can never have too many goblins.

Liberty's Edge

yea im 40000

3,951 to 4,000 of 4,404 << first < prev | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Organized Play / Events / Local Play / Asheville Pathfinder Society Lodge All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.