So What Are You Gonna Do About It? (For the government and coprorate malfesance threads)


Off-Topic Discussions

101 to 124 of 124 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Bitter Thorn wrote:


I apologize. It was foolish for me to post post drunk and angry, and I only hurt my own case by sounding like an angry nut bag.

You guys have been courteous, and my crappy tone adds nothing to the debate.

I'm going to be out of touch for a couple of months, but I wanted to make an open apology before disappearing for a while. Hopefully when I come back my head will be in a better place, and I can engage and disagree in a more reasonable way.

OTD, thejeff, and LazarX, sorry for posting in angry douche mode.

Take care y'all.

Not a problem, we've all been there.

Thanks for explaining. I hope things go well and I look forward to disagreeing with you again.:)


It's okay man. We all imbibe a bit much sometimes, but the measure of a man is when he apologizes for what happened when the elephants were pink and the pigs were flying. I'd rather you come back and keep posting, but we've all got bills to pay. See you in a few months.


Comrade Anklebiter wrote:
Moff Rimmer wrote:
Comrade Anklebiter wrote:

Pfft. You should see what I do when I'm drunk.

Although, since it usually includes taking my clothes off, maybe you shouldn't.

See, I think that there are still some things that most of the world can probably agree on...
I'm sending you a picture...

o_O

Someday we really need to get together over some beers. The stories alone would be worth it. ;)


thejeff wrote:
Bitter Thorn wrote:


I apologize. It was foolish for me to post post drunk and angry, and I only hurt my own case by sounding like an angry nut bag.

You guys have been courteous, and my crappy tone adds nothing to the debate.

I'm going to be out of touch for a couple of months, but I wanted to make an open apology before disappearing for a while. Hopefully when I come back my head will be in a better place, and I can engage and disagree in a more reasonable way.

OTD, thejeff, and LazarX, sorry for posting in angry douche mode.

Take care y'all.

Not a problem, we've all been there.

Thanks for explaining. I hope things go well and I look forward to disagreeing with you again.:)

Thanks for understanding.

I may pop in to the OTD threads before I head out on this project, but I'm probably going to give the political threads some space until I can get my head in a better place.


Bitter Thorn wrote:

I'm going to be out of touch for a couple of months, but I wanted to make an open apology before disappearing for a while. Hopefully when I come back my head will be in a better place, and I can engage and disagree in a more reasonable way.

OTD, thejeff, and LazarX, sorry for posting in angry douche mode.

Take care y'all.

Stay safe BT, hope you get to clear your head!


Bitter Thorn wrote:


o_O

Someday we really need to get together over some beers. The stories alone would be worth it. ;)

Agreed.

If you're ever out this way, my player/fellow shop steward/hetero life partner just got his first AK-47 and a Taurus Judge ("You have been judged!"), so there'd be something other than drinking beer and telling stories (and playing D&D, of course) to do.

I'm sure there's nothing that would scare the establishment (Dems and Repubs) more than armed Libertarians and communists living together and shooting cans.


Can I come along too?

No seriously, that sounds like an awesome time.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
TheWhiteknife wrote:

Can I come along too?

No seriously, that sounds like an awesome time.

steps outside to make a phone call

Yeah...yeah. It's going down sometime soon. Libertarians and Communists. Yeah, they're armed. Don't know when. I'll keep you posted.


TheWhiteknife wrote:

Can I come along too?

No seriously, that sounds like an awesome time.

Sure, the more the merrier.

We've got five acres, so bring a tent!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Comrade Anklebiter wrote:
TheWhiteknife wrote:

Can I come along too?

No seriously, that sounds like an awesome time.

Sure, the more the merrier.

We've got five acres, so bring a tent!

still outside on the phone

They mentioned something about a compound. 5 acres or so. Yeah this sounds big. Double the standard fee.


Do you know what we do to rats in the Teamsters?

I can't say here, because it violates Paizo Messageboard Policies, but let me give you a hint: it's not a pedicure and a massage.

Spoiler:
Freehold DM, however, is also invited.

Silver Crusade

Comrade Anklebiter wrote:
Moff Rimmer wrote:
Comrade Anklebiter wrote:

Pfft. You should see what I do when I'm drunk.

Although, since it usually includes taking my clothes off, maybe you shouldn't.

See, I think that there are still some things that most of the world can probably agree on...
I'm sending you a picture...

Feel free to copy me in.

What?


Celestial Healer wrote:
Comrade Anklebiter wrote:
Moff Rimmer wrote:
Comrade Anklebiter wrote:

Pfft. You should see what I do when I'm drunk.

Although, since it usually includes taking my clothes off, maybe you shouldn't.

See, I think that there are still some things that most of the world can probably agree on...
I'm sending you a picture...

Feel free to copy me in.

What?

[Strikes a pose]

All the gay angels love Doodlebug Anklebiter.


F+*$ the vicunas!

Splitter!

Spoiler:
Have you seen Life of Brian yet?


Comrade Anklebiter wrote:

F!@$ the vicunas!

Splitter!

** spoiler omitted **

spoiler:
No. Other than football and local news, I havent turned my tv on in probably 3 months. Summer and fall are pretty busy times for me. I will catch it at some point in the winter, though.

In the interest of full disclosure: I had to look up what a vicuna was.


I have to say, as the OP, I find the direction this thread has taken to be interesting...not unexpected, just interesting.

Bear in mind, I wasn't expecting a serious answer. My countrymen (and everyone else) gave up long ago...whether they want to admit it or not. I suppose I should come clean at this point...the question I asked was kind of misleading. That is to say; I wasn't actually expecting my question to be seriously answered (although it WAS rather amusing to see BigNorseWolf attempt to ameliorate his own answer...how timid are we in the face of our own truths, eh?), I was more interested to see where the deflections would go.

To be honest, I wasn't surprised. Cliquish, insular, almost...tribal. Not that any of that is necessarily bad, truth be told, I almost wish we would be allowed to fall back on our tribal natures.

...and don't waste your fingers typing out some smarmy thing about how I make no sense to you. It is both obvious and tragic that I make no sense to you.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Sieglord wrote:

I have to say, as the OP, I find the direction this thread has taken to be interesting...not unexpected, just interesting.

Bear in mind, I wasn't expecting a serious answer. My countrymen (and everyone else) gave up long ago...whether they want to admit it or not. I suppose I should come clean at this point...the question I asked was kind of misleading. That is to say; I wasn't actually expecting my question to be seriously answered (although it WAS rather amusing to see BigNorseWolf attempt to ameliorate his own answer...how timid are we in the face of our own truths, eh?), I was more interested to see where the deflections would go.

To be honest, I wasn't surprised. Cliquish, insular, almost...tribal. Not that any of that is necessarily bad, truth be told, I almost wish we would be allowed to fall back on our tribal natures.

...and don't waste your fingers typing out some smarmy thing about how I make no sense to you. It is both obvious and tragic that I make no sense to you.

This might be the most condescending and self-indulgent post I've read all day.


Me no understand.

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

He doesn't always troll messageboards, but when he does, he trolls Paizo.


That is to say; I wasn't actually expecting my question to be seriously answered (although it WAS rather amusing to see BigNorseWolf attempt to ameliorate his own answer...how timid are we in the face of our own truths, eh?), I was more interested to see where the deflections would go.

-You had a subtle point wrong about what i said.

The specific question is what are we going to do ABOUT the corporate malfeasance. My answer to that specific question is nothing. Its too entrenched, its been with us forever, its not going anywhere.

You turned that into what are we going to DO, nothing. Which is understandable, but incorrect.

What am i going to do about the corporate malfeasance? Nothing

What am i going to do BECAUSE of corporate/government malfeceance: concentrate on a smaller level of change than government /society. I can't make things any better for society, but i can change the lives for some of the people in it.

I cannot change the market so that the rich stop bilking the other 99% of the population and anyone who works for a living can afford a house. I can (or at least i used to be able to) grab some tools and head off for habitat for humanity and help someone that needs it get a house. Its not treating the disease but at least its alleviating the symptoms.

101 to 124 of 124 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / So What Are You Gonna Do About It? (For the government and coprorate malfesance threads) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.