New Thundercats series


Television

51 to 100 of 147 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Dragon78 wrote:
Anybody see this fridays episode?

Yes. Assuming the Mumm-ra flashbacks are correct... The history of the series just got VERY interesting.

(Oh, and I disliked the Mumm-ra tank. To much like "Here's another toy coming out soon" for my taste, though it did look kind of cool.)


I thought that too. I was watching it thinking "Look, the Mumm-tank, coming soon to a toy store near you. Mumm-Raactionfiguresoldseperately."

Finally got the full transformation scene in...and the whole "sight beyond sight" thing, which was nice. Since when does Mumm-Ra have wings? Not that they aren't cool, but magical/superhero flight isn't too far out there, is it?

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Forgot speculation theory:

Spoiler:
The cats defeated Mumm-ra ages ago, stole the eye (which is only fair, Mumm-ra stole it in the first place) and locked him in his technological pyramid/prison.

Since they had magic (and apparently the other races didn't) they then banned/destroyed all modern tech. (Unfortunately the Thundercats, in their conquests under Mumm-ra, found Season 4 of BSG and thought this was a good idea). Life was peaceful and good and happy (for the cats) as their mystical supremacy allowed them to reign supreme.

This also presumes the other races got their technological toys from Mumm-ra's caches. That or the cats found an idiot ball made of string and they built their battlemechs w/o the cats noticing...

Edit: Did anyone else notice after the Sight beyond Sight the sword retracted its crosspiece entirely?

Oh and "Why pick a key when you can pick a lock?" Is now in my top ten rogue sayings.


As soon as I saw the bridge over the pit full of spikes I said "Trap. The party waits here while the rogues go to check it out." Then they walked into the room. What kind of adventuring party is this anyway? Their DM should kill them with extreme prejudice...


I enjoyed the traps, remines me of an episode in the original series with a tower full of traps.


They have artwork for what jackleman will look like on http://www.mtv.com/geek/


Matthew Morris wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:
Anybody see this fridays episode?

Yes. Assuming the Mumm-ra flashbacks are correct... The history of the series just got VERY interesting.

(Oh, and I disliked the Mumm-ra tank. To much like "Here's another toy coming out soon" for my taste, though it did look kind of cool.)

I am curious as to who were the orignal owners of the Eye of Thundara. I also noticed the use of what looked to be the Feliner in the flashback.

Dark Archive

Dragon78 wrote:
They have artwork for what jackleman will look like on 'MTV Geek.

I like it, the design is almost noble looking.

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Exposition dump, HO!

Spoiler:

So we now know more about the background of this universe (and that there are tigershots).

Couple of things.

  • So there are three more gems, but the Eye seems to be the most powerful.
  • I'm thinking we'll see the armored Lion-O figure soon.
  • What happened to the gems? I assume they're not in the claw shield.
  • Who were the natives of Third Earth? It looks like the animals crashed on the planet, but what about the natives.
  • It looks more and more like they saw Daybreak

  • Thraxus wrote:
    Matthew Morris wrote:
    Dragon78 wrote:
    Anybody see this fridays episode?

    Yes. Assuming the Mumm-ra flashbacks are correct... The history of the series just got VERY interesting.

    (Oh, and I disliked the Mumm-ra tank. To much like "Here's another toy coming out soon" for my taste, though it did look kind of cool.)

    I am curious as to who were the orignal owners of the Eye of Thundara. I also noticed the use of what looked to be the Feliner in the flashback.

    I agree that the history got a whole lot more interesting. I have a feeling that the original owners are going to be some form of humans though given mumra's more twisted human than ape appearance and the animals he had enslaves were created that way. Given how things ended, it seems interesting that the planet would be left unvisited..."mumra's trapped on the planet... good! stay away & don't give him any tech to get off by landing a ship there!"


    I enjoyed this episode a lot but I would still like to see some more magic in this series.

    Shadow Lodge

    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Just watched the latest episode and all I have to say is...

    Spoiler:
    Mon*Star! I saw MON*STAR!!! Briefly, but he was there as Mumm-Ra and the cats attacked the planet for the warstone


    Yeah I saw that as well but what isn't known yet is he working for Mumm-ra or is he the one they stole the stone from.

    Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

    Dragon78 wrote:
    Yeah I saw that as well but what isn't known yet is he working for Mumm-ra or is he the one they stole the stone from.

    Given the simularity between Monstar's transformation and the power ups given by the 4 stones... I'd assume the later.

    For those (few) people who saw Tigersharks, were the shark people in the flashback the same Tigersharks?

    Shadow Lodge

    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    Matthew Morris wrote:
    Dragon78 wrote:
    Yeah I saw that as well but what isn't known yet is he working for Mumm-ra or is he the one they stole the stone from.

    Given the simularity between Monstar's transformation and the power ups given by the 4 stones... I'd assume the later.

    For those (few) people who saw Tigersharks, were the shark people in the flashback the same Tigersharks?

    Yes they were.


    Did anyone see the swordsman and the drifter episode that aired a couple of weaks ago before the six week break?

    Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

    Dragon78 wrote:
    Did anyone see the swordsman and the drifter episode that aired a couple of weaks ago before the six week break?

    I did. Thought it was a good 'lesson' episode. Primarily that Lion-O McGueniss needs to be the power behind the sword, not just letting it wield him.


    I agree it was a good lessen episode.

    I also wish we would get to see more non-humaniod creatures. Were is all the animal life on this planet for all these humaniods to eat or be eaten by.

    I hope they have some character developement episodes for other characters soon.

    Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

    Dragon78 wrote:

    I agree it was a good lessen episode.

    I also wish we would get to see more non-humaniod creatures. Were is all the animal life on this planet for all these humaniods to eat or be eaten by.

    I hope they have some character developement episodes for other characters soon.

    Strangely enough the two things I want to see.

    How are Lion-o and Tigra related? (They're brothers, but Lion-o is of the bloodline. While I'd like to see the 'it's good to be the king' theory of a harem, I doubt they'd do it.)

    More about Kit and Kat. We know they're rogues rather than nobles (a nice twist) but are they really brother/sister? Can they pull off that hypnosis trick in the pilot on anyone?

    *

    Spoiler:
    Though after this week's Clone Wars episode, I won't make any bets on what they will/won't do. The deaths were more graphic than anything in the movies even. I approve, but hope little kids weren't watching alone. Shark boy is good nightmare fuel


    Matthew Morris wrote:


    How are Lion-o and Tigra related? (They're brothers, but Lion-o is of the bloodline. While I'd like to see the 'it's good to be the king' theory of a harem, I doubt they'd do it.)

    They're not related. Tigra was the king's adopted son.

    Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

    Shadowborn wrote:
    Matthew Morris wrote:


    How are Lion-o and Tigra related? (They're brothers, but Lion-o is of the bloodline. While I'd like to see the 'it's good to be the king' theory of a harem, I doubt they'd do it.)
    They're not related. Tigra was the king's adopted son.

    Ok, I missed that detail.


    Anyone see last weeks new episode with the Berbils or this weeks episode with elephent people, nasty bugs, and a giant rock creature?


    Yeah. Somehow the Berbils were less annoying than they were in the old series.

    As for this week's episode, that elephant with the mohawk sounded like he should be running a Quick-E-Mart in Springfield. I did like whole concept of viewing the big picture, but it would have been just as easy for their leader to mention things at the beginning and avoid a whole mess of trouble. Guess he forgot.


    I have like both of the new episodes so far and I did like we got info about Wily Kat and Wily Kit. But I still would like to see episodes that focus on them as well as Cheetara and Tygra.

    Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

    Dragon78 wrote:
    I have like both of the new episodes so far and I did like we got info about Wily Kat and Wily Kit. But I still would like to see episodes that focus on them as well as Cheetara and Tygra.

    Agreed. I actually like how they're mixing humor (candy fruit!) and seriousness with the thunderkittens.

    like always, i'd like more Thundercat mythology, religion, etc etc.


    So far of all the design changes for the characters I like the twins the best. But of course they were my favorite characters from the original series as well as this one.

    Dark Archive

    I actually liked the elephants and the way that they can't remember anything. It is a nice play on the idea that elephants never forget.


    I like the elephant people as well, sometimes I wish they would spend more then an episode in one place. I hope that they will have a cat's lair type home/fort by the end of this season.


    Matthew Morris wrote:
    Shadowborn wrote:
    Matthew Morris wrote:


    How are Lion-o and Tigra related? (They're brothers, but Lion-o is of the bloodline. While I'd like to see the 'it's good to be the king' theory of a harem, I doubt they'd do it.)
    They're not related. Tigra was the king's adopted son.
    Ok, I missed that detail.

    I thought they just had different mothers.


    Captain Sir Hexen Ineptus wrote:
    Matthew Morris wrote:
    Shadowborn wrote:
    Matthew Morris wrote:


    How are Lion-o and Tigra related? (They're brothers, but Lion-o is of the bloodline. While I'd like to see the 'it's good to be the king' theory of a harem, I doubt they'd do it.)
    They're not related. Tigra was the king's adopted son.
    Ok, I missed that detail.
    I thought they just had different mothers.

    No, if that were the case then Tigra would be lord and not Lion-O. Tigra is older, but he's not of the bloodline.


    Shadowborn wrote:
    Captain Sir Hexen Ineptus wrote:
    Matthew Morris wrote:
    Shadowborn wrote:
    Matthew Morris wrote:


    How are Lion-o and Tigra related? (They're brothers, but Lion-o is of the bloodline. While I'd like to see the 'it's good to be the king' theory of a harem, I doubt they'd do it.)
    They're not related. Tigra was the king's adopted son.
    Ok, I missed that detail.
    I thought they just had different mothers.
    No, if that were the case then Tigra would be lord and not Lion-O. Tigra is older, but he's not of the bloodline.

    Call me weird, but I was thinking their relationship and race thing was a bit more complicated. I assumed that between a lion and a tiger parents 1/2 the "cubs" would be lions and 1/2 would be tigers. The rules are though, that only lions could be king. So that is what I assumed that. However this adoption point makes more sense for a child's cartoon.

    Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

    Captain Sir Hexen Ineptus wrote:
    Call me weird, but I was thinking their relationship and race thing was a bit more complicated. I assumed that between a lion and a tiger parents 1/2 the "cubs" would be lions and 1/2 would be tigers. The rules are though, that only lions could be king. So that is what I assumed that. However this adoption point makes more sense for a child's cartoon.

    Heh, I was imagining Claudeus with a harem...

    Which reminds me, are we ever going to find out what happened to the cat civilians? At least in the original series, they were all killed off...


    They weren't all killed of in the original series much later when new Thunderia came about there several ships that made back there planet reborn.

    I want to find out:
    1)What happened to the Wily twins' parents?
    2)How/why did Cheetarah become a cleric?
    3)What about Lion-o's mother?
    4)How did Tigra become adopted to the royal family?
    5)Where/when/how did Lion-o get Snarf?
    6)Did Claudis have more then one wife?
    7)What is Mumm-ra?
    8)Where did Mumm-ra come from?
    9)Where did all the animal races come from?
    10)Who or what did they steal the Eye from?
    11)What happened to Tigra's parents?
    12)When will we see Bengali, Pumyra, and Lynx-o?
    13)When will we see Jackleman, Monkian, and Vultureman?
    14)Who created the Berbils?
    15)Will we ever see the Warrior maidens?

    Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

    Dragon78 wrote:

    They weren't all killed of in the original series much later when new Thunderia came about there several ships that made back there planet reborn.

    Ah, I didn't get as many of the later seasons.

    Dragon78 wrote:


    9)Where did all the animal races come from?

    I got the impression from Book of Omens that they're all created. Akin to the High Evolutionary's New Men.

    Dragon78 wrote:


    10)Who or what did they steal the Eye from?

    Monstarr?

    Dragon78 wrote:


    12)When will we see Bengali, Pumyra, and Lynx-o?

    Lynx-O had a 'blink and you'll miss him' moment in the pilot.


    Matthew Morris wrote:


    Dragon78 wrote:


    12)When will we see Bengali, Pumyra, and Lynx-o?

    Lynx-O had a 'blink and you'll miss him' moment in the pilot.

    He was also mentioned by Panthro in the episode where they show the flashbacks on how Grune came to serve Mumm-ra.


    I know both those moments with Lynx-0, What I mean is when are going to show uo and join them on there quest.


    Great episode today, you get to see some character developement for Tigra and Cheetara, you see Grune, the Lizards, and a raven/crow form of Mumm-ra, some good fight scenes, escalating sibling rivally, and the Elephent people from the other episode ago.

    RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

    If you want to see all the episodes, Cartoon Network is very slow about putting old ones out.

    Go here.

    http://www.watchcartoononline.com/

    I use it to Watch episodes of Thundercats and Young Justice.

    Download 3 episodes to start the timer. You only get 72 minutes of downloads before you have to wait an hour.

    Haven't had any problems with viruses or the like.

    Cheers!

    ==Aelryinth


    This weeks episode looks like it is going to be really good.

    Liberty's Edge

    So about the last episode ...

    ... nope, I'm done. Sooooo much hate >_<


    Why so much hate Misery?

    I for the most part really liked the episode, except for Cheetara ending up with Tigra.

    Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

    I liked it.

    Even if

    Spoiler:
    Panthro is now Jax from Mortal Combat

    The Cheetara/Tigra bit doesn't bother me. Since a) All the cats apparently aren't dead and b) Cheetara has more history in the reboot.

    Interesting that they said that Claudius is the father of both of them. Hope they elaborate on that.

    Grand Lodge

    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    pres man wrote:
    Anybody know if there is a spot online hosting the episodes (legally of course)? I was too busy watching Cap punch out Hitler 200 times on Friday.

    Not quite as fun though as Rory Williams putting him into the closet.

    Grand Lodge

    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    Dragon78 wrote:
    4)How did Tigra become adopted to the royal family?

    I'm going with the bastard love child theory myself. :)

    Liberty's Edge

    Dragon78 wrote:

    Why so much hate Misery?

    I for the most part really liked the episode, except for Cheetara ending up with ...

    And that would be where all my hate is focused.

    All of it.

    ... focused ...

    >___>

    I might have spoiled that though in case people haven't watch it yet though.

    Grand Lodge

    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    Dragon78 wrote:

    Why so much hate Misery?

    I for the most part really liked the episode, except for Cheetara ending up with Tigra.

    Why? he seems to have been the one who had the long term devotion only to be edged out unfairly by an upstart prince.


    The only problem I have with Cheetara + Tigra is Tigra. Tigra keeps going on about how Lion-o does not deserve everything he has while simultaneously showing off that he is better than Lion-o (typically by beating him is a contest of somekind).

    I am really wanting Lion-o to show him up just once.

    Other than that, I am really liking the new Thundercats.


    Tigra's a bad loser. Sadly, he's also a bad winner. Not a good combination, nor a good recipe for leadership.


    Yeah I agree with you Thraxus, Tigra is my least favorite character on the show but I still like this new incarnation.

    Jemstone if your interested there is MLP:FiM section I started on the TV section.

    Grand Lodge

    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    Thraxus wrote:

    The only problem I have with Cheetara + Tigra is Tigra. Tigra keeps going on about how Lion-o does not deserve everything he has while simultaneously showing off that he is better than Lion-o (typically by beating him is a contest of somekind).

    I am really wanting Lion-o to show him up just once.

    Other than that, I am really liking the new Thundercats.

    Part of the problem is that Tigra is right in that Lion-0 IS really still a bit of a spoiled brat. Or maybe there is some species/caste racism of the kind that we saw on the Planet of the Apes, and Lion-0 is benefiting from being at the top of the social order more than he is on merit.

    Lion-O's failings tend to reinforce Tigra's sense of being right in his own. If one is to argue that Tigra's personality quirks make him a bad mate, it's hard to defend Lion-O as a better choice save for the social perks he brings with him.

    I love this new series we're actually seeing characters with some depth to them.

    51 to 100 of 147 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Entertainment / Television / New Thundercats series All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.