Overheard at the Paizo office


Off-Topic Discussions

8,551 to 8,600 of 9,217 << first < prev | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | next > last >>
Software Developer

4 people marked this as a favorite.

Going to bait the box with doughnuts next time, catch the remaining stragglers.

Dark Archive Software Developer

16 people marked this as a favorite.
xobmaps wrote:
It has been a while since anything actually overheard was posted here...is everyone OK over there? Are they allowed out of the box the cookies were under yet?

We are absolutely not playtesting paladins with laser swords and telekinetic powers in Starfinder.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Christopher Anthony wrote:
xobmaps wrote:
It has been a while since anything actually overheard was posted here...is everyone OK over there? Are they allowed out of the box the cookies were under yet?
We are absolutely not playtesting paladins with laser swords and telekinetic powers in Starfinder.

*Starts drafting this for 3PP Starfinder material with 0% rules knowledge.* What could possibly go wrong?


Diego Valdez wrote:

Sara Marie: We will never have cookies again

Sara Marie: They were banned
Sara Marie: After The Incident

NOOOO!!!

Dark Archive

*places a plate of cookies*


Relevant.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

24 people marked this as a favorite.

ashley: pie bar?! this sounds like a fantastic place.

sharaya: oh. pie. god.

katina: Our father, who tart in heaven
hallowed be thy crust

sharaya: thy filling yum

sharaya: thy bake be done?

cosmo: On the fork as it is in my mouth.

katina: Give us this day our a la mode

ashley: And forgive us our carbohydrates

cosmo: As we forgive those who mince meat against us.
cosmo: And lead us not into bad Hostess

katina: but deliver us from Marie Callendars


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Sara Marie wrote:

ashley: pie bar?! this sounds like a fantastic place.

sharaya: oh. pie. god.

katina: Our father, who tart in heaven
hallowed be thy crust

sharaya: thy filling yum

sharaya: thy bake be done?

cosmo: On the fork as it is in my mouth.

katina: Give us this day our a la mode

ashley: And forgive us our carbohydrates

cosmo: As we forgive those who mince meat against us.
cosmo: And lead us not into bad Hostess

katina: but deliver us from Marie Callendars

*Little did they know it was actually a PI bar, where everything sold was shaped like a circle and all prices were in multiples of $3.14...*


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Sara Marie wrote:
ashley: pie bar?! this sounds like a fantastic place.

There is a pie bar. It's in Ballard. It is delicious.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lilith wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:
ashley: pie bar?! this sounds like a fantastic place.
There is a pie bar. It's in Ballard. It is delicious.

Paizo... road trip?

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Lilith wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:
ashley: pie bar?! this sounds like a fantastic place.
There is a pie bar. It's in Ballard. It is delicious.

Capitol Hill, too. Clearly we need to test both.


Pie bar crawl?


Be careful, or you might all go pie bald!


10 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Sara Marie wrote:

ashley: pie bar?! this sounds like a fantastic place.

sharaya: oh. pie. god.

katina: Our father, who tart in heaven
hallowed be thy crust

sharaya: thy filling yum

sharaya: thy bake be done?

cosmo: On the fork as it is in my mouth.

katina: Give us this day our a la mode

ashley: And forgive us our carbohydrates

cosmo: As we forgive those who mince meat against us.
cosmo: And lead us not into bad Hostess

katina: but deliver us from Marie Callendars

For thine is the Crisco, and the flour, and the filling forever.

Dig in!

Accountant

9 people marked this as a favorite.
Sara Marie wrote:
Lilith wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:
ashley: pie bar?! this sounds like a fantastic place.
There is a pie bar. It's in Ballard. It is delicious.
Capitol Hill, too. Clearly we need to test both.

Dons her lab coat and clipboard.

Adjusts her glasses.

Alright. LET'S DO THIS!

Dark Archive

8 people marked this as a favorite.

In a Morgan Freeman voice "And so the Paizonians left, to explore, test and verify the fabled pie bars at Ballard and Capitol Hill, what came of this expedition is still unknown, but I can assure you, pie was had"

Paizo Employee Sales Associate

9 people marked this as a favorite.

Sara Marie: Cute... but kind of gruesome if you think too hard about it.
Robot Chris: Don’t think too hard about it.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Cosmo wrote:

Sara Marie: Cute... but kind of gruesome if you think too hard about it.

Robot Chris: Don’t think too hard about it.

Gourd Leshies?

Dark Archive Software Developer

9 people marked this as a favorite.

Gary: If you are an abstract cosmic force that causes weird and unpredictable things to happen, please chill out until after the election.
Katina: Sorry, I'll try.
Gary: DAMMIT KATINA
Katina: I SAID I'M SORRY


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Ashley Kaprielian wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:
Lilith wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:
ashley: pie bar?! this sounds like a fantastic place.
There is a pie bar. It's in Ballard. It is delicious.
Capitol Hill, too. Clearly we need to test both.

Dons her lab coat and clipboard.

Adjusts her glasses.

Alright. LET'S DO THIS!

Remember, you gotta write stuff down...For Science(TM).


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Don't forget also for publishing...in Science(TM) periodicals of course!

Dark Archive Software Developer

11 people marked this as a favorite.
Lilith wrote:
Remember, you gotta write stuff down...For Science(TM).

"Remember kids, the only difference between Science and screwing around is writing it down." -- Adam Savage


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Christopher Anthony wrote:
Lilith wrote:
Remember, you gotta write stuff down...For Science(TM).
"Remember kids, the only difference between Science and screwing around is writing it down." -- Adam Savage

And the only dif between that and getting caught is posting it to social media...

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

11 people marked this as a favorite.

Redacted: why does the term human resources make me think of a big sausage grinder

Voice of HR: That's a great question. I prefer to chop people up rather than grind them.

Dark Archive Software Developer

2 people marked this as a favorite.

The cost of sugar water is high here in the Word Mines.

Dark Archive Software Developer

5 people marked this as a favorite.

Katina: That's the key - start overthinking early!

Paizo Employee Organized Play Coordinator

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ashley Kaprielian wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:
Lilith wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:
ashley: pie bar?! this sounds like a fantastic place.
There is a pie bar. It's in Ballard. It is delicious.
Capitol Hill, too. Clearly we need to test both.

Dons her lab coat and clipboard.

Adjusts her glasses.

Alright. LET'S DO THIS!

Has this happened? If not, we need to get Organized. So that's what I'll do. I'll organize. Really well. A pie road trip!

Paizo Employee Organized Play Coordinator

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Btw, they let us have cookies again today. Beware the Pumpkin Spice Oreos :D

Paizo Employee Organized Play Coordinator

3 people marked this as a favorite.
William Ellis wrote:
Going to bait the box with doughnuts next time, catch the remaining stragglers.

I would like to request apple fritters!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Tonya Woldridge wrote:
Btw, they let us have cookies again today. Beware the Pumpkin Spice Oreos :D

*eye twitch*

Dark Archive Software Developer

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Robot Chris: Paizo Con—it's the bees knees
Katina: Are the bees treated fairly? We need to save the bees, you know.
Katina: I hope they're not being hunted for their knees.
Robot Chris: Only the finest, fair trade, organic knees.
Robot Chris: Non-gmo bees
Sara Marie: Free range knees
Katina: Knee range

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

21 people marked this as a favorite.

sara marie: there are two outcomes here

gary: i pick the evil one

sara marie: you'll need to be more specific

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Christopher Anthony wrote:

Robot Chris: Paizo Con—it's the bees knees

Katina: Are the bees treated fairly? We need to save the bees, you know.
Katina: I hope they're not being hunted for their knees.
Robot Chris: Only the finest, fair trade, organic knees.
Robot Chris: Non-gmo bees
Sara Marie: Free range knees
Katina: Knee range

Friggin Numenera...

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Christopher Anthony wrote:

Robot Chris: Paizo Con—it's the bees knees

Katina: Are the bees treated fairly? We need to save the bees, you know.
Katina: I hope they're not being hunted for their knees.
Robot Chris: Only the finest, fair trade, organic knees.
Robot Chris: Non-gmo bees
Sara Marie: Free range knees
Katina: Knee range

God, you guys couldn't be more Seattle if you tried. XD

Liberty's Edge Developer

14 people marked this as a favorite.

Amanda: I would NOT survive a real-world Hansel & Gretel situation. I'd just be like "Mmm! Cookies!"

Community & Digital Content Director

6 people marked this as a favorite.

Katina Slitherus Snek
Katina He is gifted legilimensssssssssssssssssss


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Chris Lambertz wrote:

Katina Slitherus Snek

Katina He is gifted legilimensssssssssssssssssss

My daughter has a ouroboros pendant that she wears fairly often.

She calls it her "sneklace."

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Haladir wrote:
Chris Lambertz wrote:

Katina Slitherus Snek

Katina He is gifted legilimensssssssssssssssssss

My daughter has a ouroboros pendant that she wears fairly often.

She calls it her "sneklace."

Is your daughter's name Katina?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Rysky wrote:
Haladir wrote:
Chris Lambertz wrote:

Katina Slitherus Snek

Katina He is gifted legilimensssssssssssssssssss

My daughter has a ouroboros pendant that she wears fairly often.

She calls it her "sneklace."

Is your daughter's name Katina?

Nope.

Project Manager

15 people marked this as a favorite.

James: Did you just say "I am an emotionally splendid male"?
Wes: Stunted. Emotionally STUNTED male. My emotions are largely in the "I'm hungry," to "Oh no, I'm going crazy" range.
Jessica: To be fair, I can't actually tell the difference between those most of the time.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Jessica Price wrote:

James: Did you just say "I am an emotionally splendid male"?

Wes: Stunted. Emotionally STUNTED male. My emotions are largely in the "I'm hungry," to "Oh no, I'm going crazy" range.
Jessica: To be fair, I can't actually tell the difference between those most of the time.

Just got to pick up on the subtle differences between tummy growing and mouth growling.


I hear the hungry is a more focused hunting behavior for a T-Rex, involving running and biting, going crazy, rather of a more general tiny arms flailing roaring thing, or so it has been said. :)


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

I'm pretty sure I will associate Wes with the phrase: "emotionally splendid male" from here on in.

Community & Digital Content Director

6 people marked this as a favorite.

Asking the hard questions this morning in the office...

Katina There's a character named Dr. Crusher? Does she have giant robot clamps?
Diego Beverly Crusher
Robot She has tenuous grasp on medicine and the prime directive.
Katina If she can't crush a car with her bare claws, then I don't think she deserves that name.
Diego At least she spends more time in sickbay than Dr. McCoy did
Robot Point.
Robot But how the federation made her a captain eventually... yikes.
Diego Enterprise is in a firefight and people are getting hurt and McCoy is hanging out on the bridge, then goes to engineering to help modify a torpedo (why...?)
Diego Haha yeah, that surprised me too.
Robot I theorized that maybe the first Enterprise was just seriously poorly manned? I dunno. Why does the captain ever beam off the ship?
Katina Beer run?
Diego They keep their entire senior staff in a dome on the top of the ship. Why don't enemies just shoot the dome?
Robot WHY DIDN'T THE HOBBITS JUST RIDE THE EAGLES TO MT DOOM??!!?!?
Sharaya RIGHT?!!
Diego They were being taught to fish!
Katina Gandalf wanted them to walk because he thought it'd build character.
Katina ... and/or they were trying to get their Fitbit steps.


18 people marked this as a favorite.
Chris Lambertz wrote:


Robot WHY DIDN'T THE HOBBITS JUST RIDE THE EAGLES TO MT DOOM??!!?!?
Sharaya RIGHT?!!
Diego They were being taught to fish!
Katina Gandalf wanted them to walk because he thought it'd build character.
Katina ... and/or they were trying to get their Fitbit steps.

Gandalf told them to. It was the meaning of his oft-misunderstood final words before slipping into the depths of Khazad-dum after the Balrog.

Paizo Employee Malaise-Inducement Construct

7 people marked this as a favorite.
quibblemuch wrote:
Chris Lambertz wrote:


Robot WHY DIDN'T THE HOBBITS JUST RIDE THE EAGLES TO MT DOOM??!!?!?
Sharaya RIGHT?!!
Diego They were being taught to fish!
Katina Gandalf wanted them to walk because he thought it'd build character.
Katina ... and/or they were trying to get their Fitbit steps.
Gandalf told them to. It was the meaning of his oft-misunderstood final words before slipping into the depths of Khazad-dum after the Balrog.

Username is relevant.

Dark Archive

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Chris Lambertz wrote:
Robot WHY DIDN'T THE HOBBITS JUST RIDE THE EAGLES TO MT DOOM??!!?!?


12 people marked this as a favorite.

They didn't use the eagles because doing so would have defeated the purpose of a stealthy mission—the eagles are conspicuous and would have been immediately targeted by the Nazgul or the crebain swarms, not to mention archers on the enormous walls. Realizing the danger, Sauron would have put all his guards on the volcano, making it impossible to get the ring in without landing. Additionally, the eagles were their own sentient race, and they were never keen on going into danger. And I do wonder how flight would have worked as the ring got heavier and heavier.

*Literally cannot help but do this*

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Set wrote:
Chris Lambertz wrote:
Robot WHY DIDN'T THE HOBBITS JUST RIDE THE EAGLES TO MT DOOM??!!?!?

While Oglaf is awesome and that specific comic is fine (and funny) the adds for that site and the rest of the comics are VERY NSFW, just to be aware before clicking :3

8,551 to 8,600 of 9,217 << first < prev | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Overheard at the Paizo office All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.