Tome of Horrors Complete -- Order NOW or miss out forever


Product Discussion

1 to 50 of 428 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Legendary Games, Necromancer Games

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Hi everyone.

I just wanted to make sure everyone understood about the upcoming Tome of Horrors Complete.

There are two versions--Pathfinder and Sword and Wizardry.

You can get more info and you can order here at the Frog God website:

Tome of Horrors Complete page

This thing is huge. And the conversion to Pathfinder from 3.5 was supervised by none other than GREG VAUGHAN! I think you Paizonians know who he is :)

The Tome of Horrors is probably the most vital of all the third party products ever produced. Back in the day, Wizards of the Coast gave me (well, gave Necromancer) permission to do the "lost and left behind" monsters that they never converted to 3E--classics such as the arial servant, kamadan, flumph, froghemoth, and all the other awesome monsters that Wizards left behind. In fact, it is the one and only third party book that was credited and cited in the Pathfinder core rules.

Well, now ALL THREE VOLUMES have been updated and compiled into ONE HUGE volume. This thing is bound like a chemistry textbook. Seriously.

But because of the cost to print, we can only print based on preorders. It is impossible and cost prohibitive to over-order.

SO, if you want a copy of this thing please get in there (to the above link) and preorder it. Once printed, you likely won't see it again. It will be both a mandatory game reference and a collector's item.

So please join me in preordering the Tome Complete so that we can know how many to print.

Clark

Liberty's Edge

Posting to remind myself later :)

Legendary Games, Necromancer Games

Tessius wrote:
Posting to remind myself later :)

Do yourself a favor and don't wait too long :) Seriously, preorders close real soon.

Clark

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere, but does anyone know if they'll be offering this as a PDF?


Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Hugo Solis wrote:
Available for PDF?

EDIT: G'ninjaed!

Liberty's Edge

Clark Peterson wrote:
Tessius wrote:
Posting to remind myself later :)

Do yourself a favor and don't wait too long :) Seriously, preorders close real soon.

Clark

lol, was thinking of when I got home Clark :)

The Exchange Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 6

Just did a paranoid gmail check to make sure my order went through back in March :)

The Exchange

Clark Peterson wrote:
Tessius wrote:
Posting to remind myself later :)

Do yourself a favor and don't wait too long :) Seriously, preorders close real soon.

Clark

How soon exactly, I have a wedding this weekend and then it's off to my honeymoon next week so I'm balancing my finances (reception costs and hotel costs). Inquiring minds want to know.

Scarab Sages

Clark Peterson wrote:


Do yourself a favor and don't wait too long :) Seriously, preorders close real soon.

Clark

Do you know how soon?

Because I'm a few (3-5) weeks away from being able to order this thing.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Lost Omens, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber

Preorders were supposed to be closed tomorrow. Clark was nice enough to extend it a few days so people could get that 1st of the month paycheck and have a chance to order. I doubt he will extend it much past the first week of July.

Specifically, the 5th.


Hugo Solis wrote:
Hugo Solis wrote:
Available for PDF?
EDIT: G'ninjaed!

All Frog God Games products come with a free pdf if you order the print version.


TriOmegaZero wrote:

Preorders were supposed to be closed tomorrow. Clark was nice enough to extend it a few days so people could get that 1st of the month paycheck and have a chance to order. I doubt he will extend it much past the first week of July.

Specifically, the 5th.

Correction, Bill Webb was nice enough to extend the preorder period. Bill "tsathogga" Webb's company Frog God Games is the one putting out this monster for you folks.

Clark is nice enough to help us out by posting this thread and by giving FGG permission to convert all the Tome of Horrors 1, 2 & 3 to Pathfinder and S & W versions. Thanks Clark!


Really sad I am gonna miss this one, those were my fav 3pp books hands down. I still use them.


So when do they ship and when will the PDF be available for DL...

I may be moving soon and would like this before I go out of town...

(will we see them before August...)


OK, ordered and I think paid for. :)

This is the first time I have used that particular company. I assume the PDF will be available once the book ships. Currently when I click the link in my email and enter the info provided in the email it signs me in but says there is nothing to download.

Looking forward to having a hard copy (and PDF) of the book to make running some of my AP's a little easier.


gigglestick wrote:

So when do they ship and when will the PDF be available for DL...

I may be moving soon and would like this before I go out of town...

(will we see them before August...)

I believe Bill says these will not be back from the printer till the latter half of August.


Thazar wrote:
I assume the PDF will be available once the book ships.

That is my understanding also.


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Clark Peterson wrote:
In fact, it is the one and only third party book that was credited and cited in the Pathfinder core rules.

*cough*BookofExperimentalMight*cough*

The Exchange

and.... pre-ordered! Ok, I can't wait to dig into this book in August (once my fiancee, wife by then, starts grad school).

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Lost Omens, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber
Alzrius wrote:


*cough*BookofExperimentalMight*cough*

Okay, what did they use from the BoXM that I missed?!

Frog God Games

Just a few clarifications for the posters above off of Clark's most excellent announcement. (Seriously, can anyone announce stuff like Clark? His interweb mojo never ceases to amaze me.) :-)

Yep, it will have a pdf -- free if you order the book, but we also always sell the pdfs separately as well. But the print run will likey be done forever as Clark says--just too costly to remake. This book is big and it's expensive, I know. But it's just too important to not let folks get their hands on it who have a more modest gaming budget during tough times like these.

This book is a Necromancer Games book, yep Clark and Bill of old. That said, Bill's Frog God Games is the printer/distributor of the book since Necromancer hasn't really printed anything in quite awhile and FGG conveniently had stuff already lined up to be able print after their launch with Slumbering Tsar last year.

There will be all kinds of familiar names from both on and off the boards in this book. The orignal creator of each monster is credited (even the 1e Fiend Folio and Monster Manual ones), the same crew that brought Tomes 1,2, and 3 are involved plus a whole slew of WereCabbages and others (including Dark Sasha) that served as PF RPG converters, editors, and proof readers. I did development lead, Chuck "Pale Writer" handled layout. The honorable James Jacobs even wrote a foreword. :-)

Layout is done and it has gone to the printer. Bill has been holding the preorders open a little longer, probably until about Tuesday to allow a few folks who were specifically waiting for a payday to make their orders. But I wouldn't expect it much beyond that. We've got to get the numbers to the printer.

If all goes well with printing, we're expecting to start shipping in late August; that is also when the pdf will be available.

Having gone through the proofs, I can tell you that the book was 794 pages before Clark added the legal appendix, has over 750 monster in it, 7 appendices of templates, new planes, new feats, new poison types, plus assorted bonus goodies here and there, and voluminous CR and Type/subtype tables to help you find just that perfect monster for your game. The triple-column table of contents was over 5 pages long as I recall.

This thing is the Hammer of Thor of monster books and will be in a much smaller run than folks around here are probably accustomed to, so don't miss out. Get your Mjolner and thwack your players over the head with it at your next game. I guarantee they'll thank you for it later.*

*No guarantees explicit or implied that you will thanked by your players.


From the horse's mouth, a gift.
Thanks for popping on and clarifying, Greg.

I was trying my best to answer questions. And it looks like I didn't actually get anything wrong, just left out a few things.

Greg is correct on the persons involved in this project. You will be amazed at the persons who helped. I was but a teeny tiny cog in the works.

P.S. Oh and one more clarification, while I am honored to be mentioned in the same sentence as the WereCabbages, I am not one of them.

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

Greg A. Vaughan wrote:
Yep, it will have a pdf -- free if you order the book, but we also always sell the pdfs separately as well. But the print run will likey be done forever... we're expecting to start shipping in late August; that is also when the pdf will be available.

Forgive me for asking, but any idea what the price point on the PDF will be?

Frog God Games

Chad Bartlett wrote:
Greg A. Vaughan wrote:
Yep, it will have a pdf -- free if you order the book, but we also always sell the pdfs separately as well. But the print run will likey be done forever... we're expecting to start shipping in late August; that is also when the pdf will be available.
Forgive me for asking, but any idea what the price point on the PDF will be?

I actually don't know that. I expect it'll get announced when we get closer to release date, but I haven't heard yet.

Liberty's Edge

Greg A. Vaughan wrote:
Having gone through the proofs, I can tell you that the book was 794 pages before Clark added the legal appendix, has over 750 monster in it, 7 appendices of templates, new planes, new feats, new poison types,...

Nice, now I'm trying to remember how thick Ptolus is. Not sure which room my copy is in atm :(


PDF will be $25. It will be out soon. The Paizo store will likely have a LIMITED supply of copies. One printing only though.The pdf will be released as soon as it goes to the printer (probably 2-3 weeks). the hardcover...STITCH BOUND book will take 45 days or so to get from the printer, to me, and then to you....so patience is required. This thing is just bloody huge.


Amazing value for the price. Pre-order completed. Thanks!

~D

Liberty's Edge

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I guess you guys decided against the special cover edition that there was talks of.


Will any copies be available at Gen-Con?

Dark Archive

Do you offer discounts if I order one of each?

Frog God Games

Dragnmoon wrote:
I guess you guys decided against the special cover edition that there was talks of.

I think they couldn't get the money to work out right on it.

Frog God Games

Firest wrote:


Will any copies be available at Gen-Con?

I don't beleive it will be ready by Gen Con. Late August is the guesstimate I have heard so far.

Frog God Games

1 person marked this as a favorite.
joela wrote:
Do you offer discounts if I order one of each?

I think we've just been offering the discounted price all along regardless of how many are ordered. The price was supposed to go up after the start of June, but Bill just went ahead and left the discount button up. Anyway, that's the only discount we've got.


A couple of questions. When I go to order it, it tells me the price is 99.99. When I click buy now, the price is then 89.99. It also tells me that it is a digital product. Also when I enter my billing information. It asks for an address. Is this for billing or shipping, or both? Because I really can't have it shipped to my billing address, didn't seem to be able to enter separate addresses.

So, I know it is a print product, the pdf is included, but even though the instructions say I can download it immediately, this isn't the case. I have to wait until it is released.

As far as the address goes, can I have a different billing and shipping address?

The Exchange

I'm hoping this will be open for a couple more days as I'm just trying to secure the funds for one.


tsathogga wrote:
PDF will be $25. It will be out soon. The Paizo store will likely have a LIMITED supply of copies. One printing only though.The pdf will be released as soon as it goes to the printer (probably 2-3 weeks). the hardcover...STITCH BOUND book will take 45 days or so to get from the printer, to me, and then to you....so patience is required. This thing is just bloody huge.

Cool- I just preordered and was wondering where the PDF was- clearly Paizo has me spoiled :)

Will the print book be B&W or color?

Shadow Lodge

firbolg wrote:

Cool- I just preordered and was wondering where the PDF was- clearly Paizo has me spoiled :)

Will the print book be B&W or color?

In fairness, Paizo doesn't immediately give you PDFs for something you pre-order either. In fact, unless you subscribe, you don't get the PDF for free, and then it only is made availible when the print edition ships.

From past FGG / Necromancer released, I'd imagine B&W, with a damn pretty color cover.

Shadow Lodge

Greg A. Vaughan wrote:
This book is a Necromancer Games book, yep Clark and Bill of old. That said, Bill's Frog God Games is the printer/distributor of the book since Necromancer hasn't really printed anything in quite awhile and FGG conveniently had stuff already lined up to be able print after their launch with Slumbering Tsar last year.

Does that mean that both Tsathoggua and Orcus will be on the cover?


Grotnar wrote:

A couple of questions. When I go to order it, it tells me the price is 99.99. When I click buy now, the price is then 89.99. It also tells me that it is a digital product. Also when I enter my billing information. It asks for an address. Is this for billing or shipping, or both? Because I really can't have it shipped to my billing address, didn't seem to be able to enter separate addresses.

So, I know it is a print product, the pdf is included, but even though the instructions say I can download it immediately, this isn't the case. I have to wait until it is released.

As far as the address goes, can I have a different billing and shipping address?

If you need to send the book to a different address than your billing one, it would be best to send Bill an email telling him where to send the book. bill (at) talesofthefroggod (dot) com

As for price, it was supposed to go up at the end of last month to $99.99, but it sounds like it didn't. So you lucked out.

You will be able to dowload the pdf when the books are shipped. I imagine an email will be sent telling you when you can.


Kthulhu wrote:
Greg A. Vaughan wrote:
This book is a Necromancer Games book, yep Clark and Bill of old. That said, Bill's Frog God Games is the printer/distributor of the book since Necromancer hasn't really printed anything in quite awhile and FGG conveniently had stuff already lined up to be able print after their launch with Slumbering Tsar last year.
Does that mean that both Tsathoggua and Orcus will be on the cover?

That would be cool, but I don't think so. Rest assured, they are both inside the Tome.


firbolg wrote:
tsathogga wrote:
PDF will be $25. It will be out soon. The Paizo store will likely have a LIMITED supply of copies. One printing only though.The pdf will be released as soon as it goes to the printer (probably 2-3 weeks). the hardcover...STITCH BOUND book will take 45 days or so to get from the printer, to me, and then to you....so patience is required. This thing is just bloody huge.

Cool- I just preordered and was wondering where the PDF was- clearly Paizo has me spoiled :)

Will the print book be B&W or color?

Black and White.

Dark Archive

Ok, just ordered two copies for me over in the UK. I really hope you guys put lots of care in packaging these things as they have cost a lot!

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Just ordered mine, and also signal-boosted to a traditional gaming group I'm in.

Shadow Lodge

Dark Sasha wrote:

Correction, Bill Webb was nice enough to extend the preorder period. Bill "tsathogga" Webb's company Frog God Games is the one putting out this monster for you folks.

Clark is nice enough to help us out by posting this thread and by giving FGG permission to convert all the Tome of Horrors 1, 2 & 3 to Pathfinder and S & W versions. Thanks Clark!

How long has the preorder period been extended? I would love to have this book.

Shadow Lodge

Dark Sasha wrote:
Kthulhu wrote:
Greg A. Vaughan wrote:
This book is a Necromancer Games book, yep Clark and Bill of old. That said, Bill's Frog God Games is the printer/distributor of the book since Necromancer hasn't really printed anything in quite awhile and FGG conveniently had stuff already lined up to be able print after their launch with Slumbering Tsar last year.
Does that mean that both Tsathoggua and Orcus will be on the cover?
That would be cool, but I don't think so. Rest assured, they are both inside the Tome.

I meant the logos for Necromancer (Orcus) and FGG (Tsathoggua).

EDIT: Any chance we could get a cover preview? I know it probably looks very similar to ToH1-3, but it'd still be cool to see a cover that said Tome of Horrors COMPLETE on it.


Kthulhu wrote:
firbolg wrote:

Cool- I just preordered and was wondering where the PDF was- clearly Paizo has me spoiled :)

Will the print book be B&W or color?

In fairness, Paizo doesn't immediately give you PDFs for something you pre-order either. In fact, unless you subscribe, you don't get the PDF for free, and then it only is made availible when the print edition ships.

From past FGG / Necromancer released, I'd imagine B&W, with a damn pretty color cover.

You're right of course, but I was thrown by the site saying I could download right after purchase. I suspect I'm going to be a very happy camper indeed.


Preordered, awesome, can't wait!


Dragonborn3 wrote:
Dark Sasha wrote:

Correction, Bill Webb was nice enough to extend the preorder period. Bill "tsathogga" Webb's company Frog God Games is the one putting out this monster for you folks.

Clark is nice enough to help us out by posting this thread and by giving FGG permission to convert all the Tome of Horrors 1, 2 & 3 to Pathfinder and S & W versions. Thanks Clark!
How long has the preorder period been extended? I would love to have this book.

You have till the 5th of July.

Shadow Lodge

Dark Sasha wrote:
You have till the 5th of July.

Guess I have to settle for the pdf then. I'm sure it will still be worth it though.


Kthulhu wrote:
Dark Sasha wrote:
Kthulhu wrote:
Greg A. Vaughan wrote:
This book is a Necromancer Games book, yep Clark and Bill of old. That said, Bill's Frog God Games is the printer/distributor of the book since Necromancer hasn't really printed anything in quite awhile and FGG conveniently had stuff already lined up to be able print after their launch with Slumbering Tsar last year.
Does that mean that both Tsathoggua and Orcus will be on the cover?
That would be cool, but I don't think so. Rest assured, they are both inside the Tome.

I meant the logos for Necromancer (Orcus) and FGG (Tsathoggua).

EDIT: Any chance we could get a cover preview? I know it probably looks very similar to ToH1-3, but it'd still be cool to see a cover that said Tome of Horrors COMPLETE on it.

I haven't actually seen the cover yet. Slumbering Tsar 9 and a couple of other FGG books have an add for Tome of Horrors Complete. It says "Tome of Horrors Complete" in a creepy looking font with what looks like blood dripping down from the letters. At the bottom of the add page are the words, "This year you will make them cower."

1 to 50 of 428 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Third-Party Pathfinder RPG Products / Product Discussion / Tome of Horrors Complete -- Order NOW or miss out forever All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.