>>Ask Kyra Sief Al Kiraan All Your Questions Here<<


Off-Topic Discussions

1 to 50 of 278 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Based on the great success of the Ask Merisiel thread and the fact that Merisiel said that the other iconic's might like having threads of their own I thought I would start this off. I make no guarantee your questions will be answered though Kyra is a very busy lady.

Kyra what is your your favorite part about being an Iconic?

Who is your favorite traveling companion and why?

Would you consider adding me on as one of your companions?

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

(sigh) By the Light of the Dawn, that crazy elf has dragged me into her little party....

As you say, I am a rather busy woman, as someone has to continue the working about here. narrows eyes at Merisiel

I will attempt to answer those questions that I see as respectful and thoughtful. Please do not make me repeat that. I do not answer such questions from Valeros, so why would I answer complete strangers?

Follow these rules, and the Everlight bless you. Ignore them, and face a very painful sunburn at the very least.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

What ... is your favorite sammich ?

What ... is your favorite color ?

...

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Damar wrote:

Based on the great success of the Ask Merisiel thread and the fact that Merisiel said that the other iconic's might like having threads of their own I thought I would start this off. I make no guarantee your questions will be answered though Kyra is a very busy lady.

Kyra what is your your favorite part about being an Iconic?

Who is your favorite traveling companion and why?

Would you consider adding me on as one of your companions?

Spreading the words and faith of the Healing Flame, and destroying the Evil in the world that diminishes the Light....of course.

I have no chosen favorite. If I must say something, I would say that my favorite companion is the one that needs my help the most. That said, I do enjoy the company of Amiri. She is a strong woman, yet very spiritual in a way. I am not entirely sure what this "shaman" is that she often calls me, though. I also enjoy my talks with Seelah....

I know nothing of you. However, if your heart is true and good, and you follow the tenets written in The Birth of Light and Truth, then there is always hope that our destinies may one day cross.

The Exchange

And now Merisiel says that I am not coming across as "fun and playful".

Good.

And now Merisiel wants me to add strange symbols to the end of my sentences....

;-)

No. NO, Merisiel, NO!!

(facepalm)


Beyond prayer, are there any daily rituals or obediences you must follow as part of your religion?

You seem a bit high-strung. Are there any companions that frustrate you on a regular basis (more so than the others, that is)?

How much significance is attached to your scimitar? Would you insist on using it when another weapon proves more effective, and are their any functions that you deem as too base for use of your scimitar?

Did you forge a runeforged weapon in the Runeforge? If so, which sins was it tied to?

Where'd you get that fancy helmet?

Sczarni RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2015 Top 32

What is the most annoying time where you were asked to heal someone?

How do you put up with your party members when personalities conflict?

What is the coolest thing you have ever seen?


A problem I ran into a while back, that still troubles me, is what does a follower of The Everlight do when confronted with a remorseful Undead? While adventuring, we came across a Vampire whose master had been destroyed, and now had free will ... and desperately wanted to be returned to true Life.

Eventually my companions and the vampire decided that the safest way to restore her to life was to take her to the nearest temple and have the clerics end her life, then revive her as a living person once again.

Unfortunately, when we took her to the nearest temple, a Shrine to the Dawnflower, the local Head Priest was more than happy to mercifully kill the Vampire, but then refused to raise her to true life, even going so far as to threaten us with a public trial for consorting with the Undead.

Was there more that we could have done to save this unfortunate? Was the priest going too far to punish someone already damned for another's sin?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Hi Kyra!!!!!!

Liberty's Edge

So what happened in that tub with Valeros that sent you guys running anyway?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Studpuffin wrote:
So what happened in that tub with Valeros that sent you guys running anyway?

Who said we were running away? Maybe I like backing into hot tubs!


Kyra Sief al Kiraan wrote:


I know nothing of you. However, if your heart is true and good, and you follow the tenets written in The Birth of Light and Truth, then there is always hope that our destinies may one day cross.

Do you consider being an assassin and partially undead(father was a vampire...very long story) having a good heart?

Do you like my neckless? *shows kyra the neckless of tongues* its made of keepsakes from all my victims so they don't die in vain and will always be remembered.

Silver Crusade

Is the taboo against lying the most challenging aspect of being a cleric of Sarenrae?

The Sarenraean cleric in our CotCT game seems to have wrestled with that more than anything else, whether to ensure the safety of others or to spare others pain, but he's managed to stay honest as hard as it is.

Also, how do you feel about Alahazra possibly lumping Sarenrae and Asmodeus together in the same pantheistic category?


Hello Kyra. Thank you for gracing us with your prsence to answear our humble questions. You are truely the light of the clensing fire.

If you have the time to answear these question I would be most appricative.

1) How did you find your faith in Sarenrae?

2) what do you think of Calistria?

3) Have you ever felt there is a moment where you felt your goddess's aid more than just spells?

4) Have you faith ever been tested...and how did you find the strength to rsist?

Thank you again for taking the time to answear these questions.

Lantern Lodge

I am glad of hearing the voice of this strange and peculiar case of mortals called cleric.

I wonder what do you think about Damiel, Seoni, Seltyel and Feiya.

What about Ezren ? I wonder if you share some philosophical enlightening discussion ?

By the way, Do you feel fear ? And what do you fear ?

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.

By the Dawnflower, don't you people have things to do???

martinaj wrote:

Beyond prayer, are there any daily rituals or obediences you must follow as part of your religion?

You seem a bit high-strung. Are there any companions that frustrate you on a regular basis (more so than the others, that is)?

How much significance is attached to your scimitar? Would you insist on using it when another weapon proves more effective, and are their any functions that you deem as too base for use of your scimitar?

Did you forge a runeforged weapon in the Runeforge? If so, which sins was it tied to?

Where'd you get that fancy helmet?

While it is not a required ritual, some of the priests and priestesses in Katheer would dance beneath the high-noon sun. If I find myself with a moment during this time, I often repeat the dance moves. It lightens my heart in celebration of my goddess.

High-strung? If being responsible and keeping everyone alive means I am high strung...so be it. Merisiel is a task, for sure. Valeros is much better when he is sober...which does not happen until about the 3rd day we are away from town. Ezren....has no people skills.

I am not beholden to my goddesses' chosen weapon, no. I use whatever is most effective...which is usually my scimitar. My scimitar is my weapon, and it will not open bottles no matter how many times Valeros asks.

I did not forge a runeforged weapon. Valeros got the only one. I found that possessing a weapon bathed in sins highly undesirable. Valeros though it "neat".

The Exchange

CalebTGordan wrote:

What is the most annoying time where you were asked to heal someone?

How do you put up with your party members when personalities conflict?

What is the coolest thing you have ever seen?

Usually right after Merisiel throws herself into trouble and runs back to me in the middle of a spell I'm casting, asking for healing NOW.

I ask Amiri to "sort it out".

Irrisen. So cold there....oh. "cool" Your language is so strange. I have seen many things....catching a glimpse of Bryla once was a sight to behold....

The Exchange

HalfOrcHeavyMetal wrote:

A problem I ran into a while back, that still troubles me, is what does a follower of The Everlight do when confronted with a remorseful Undead? While adventuring, we came across a Vampire whose master had been destroyed, and now had free will ... and desperately wanted to be returned to true Life.

Eventually my companions and the vampire decided that the safest way to restore her to life was to take her to the nearest temple and have the clerics end her life, then revive her as a living person once again.

Unfortunately, when we took her to the nearest temple, a Shrine to the Dawnflower, the local Head Priest was more than happy to mercifully kill the Vampire, but then refused to raise her to true life, even going so far as to threaten us with a public trial for consorting with the Undead.

Was there more that we could have done to save this unfortunate? Was the priest going too far to punish someone already damned for another's sin?

Unfortunately, the Undead are often considered beyond redemption. That this particular one submitted to true death....I am saddened that a brother of the Faith could not look past his fear to the true action The Everlight demanded of him.

What? WHAT MERISIEL??? Oh, alright!

:(

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Studpuffin wrote:
So what happened in that tub with Valeros that sent you guys running anyway?

What always happens...Valeros crossed the line into boorishness. To offend Merisiel takes a TRUE "talent".

By the way, the assassin was not immune to fire. And I'm still looking for the peeping artist....

The Exchange

Damar wrote:
Kyra Sief al Kiraan wrote:


I know nothing of you. However, if your heart is true and good, and you follow the tenets written in The Birth of Light and Truth, then there is always hope that our destinies may one day cross.

Do you consider being an assassin and partially undead(father was a vampire...very long story) having a good heart?

Do you like my neckless? *shows kyra the neckless of tongues* its made of keepsakes from all my victims so they don't die in vain and will always be remembered.

I suggest you stay over 30 feet away from me then.....

Liberty's Edge

Merisiel Sillvari wrote:
Studpuffin wrote:
So what happened in that tub with Valeros that sent you guys running anyway?
Who said we were running away? Maybe I like backing into hot tubs!

That's not what Ezren says.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mikaze wrote:

Is the taboo against lying the most challenging aspect of being a cleric of Sarenrae?

The Sarenraean cleric in our CotCT game seems to have wrestled with that more than anything else, whether to ensure the safety of others or to spare others pain, but he's managed to stay honest as hard as it is.

Also, how do you feel about Alahazra possibly lumping Sarenrae and Asmodeus together in the same pantheistic category?

Some feel that they must be completely honest...(shrug) I prefer bluntness. The Dawnflower does not say that one cannot lie...it is the INTENT of the lie that is of question here. If for selfish or evil reasons...then it should not be told.

Alahazra is a fascinating person. She has stated her thoughts. I disagree. It moves no further.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Kretzer wrote:

Hello Kyra. Thank you for gracing us with your prsence to answear our humble questions. You are truely the light of the clensing fire.

If you have the time to answear these question I would be most appricative.

1) How did you find your faith in Sarenrae?

2) what do you think of Calistria?

3) Have you ever felt there is a moment where you felt your goddess's aid more than just spells?

4) Have you faith ever been tested...and how did you find the strength to rsist?

Thank you again for taking the time to answear these questions.

1) I am told that if you click on my name, much of my story is told there.

2) I think Calistria is the perfect choice of goddess for Merisiel.

3) Yes, there have been moments. Those moments touch my soul and strengthen my faith.

4) My faith is tested each and every day. I know you desire some harrowing tale, but honestly putting up with Valeros and Merisiel on a day-to-day basis...very trying.

The Exchange

ElderNightmare wrote:

I am glad of hearing the voice of this strange and peculiar case of mortals called cleric.

I wonder what do you think about Damiel, Seoni, Seltyel and Feiya.

What about Ezren ? I wonder if you share some philosophical enlightening discussion ?

By the way, Do you feel fear ? And what do you fear ?

I am quite sure I should not be answering YOUR questions, evil spawn!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Studpuffin wrote:
Merisiel Sillvari wrote:
Studpuffin wrote:
So what happened in that tub with Valeros that sent you guys running anyway?
Who said we were running away? Maybe I like backing into hot tubs!
That's not what Ezren says.

Ezren slept... and snored... through that whole thing. Which pretty much sums Ezren up.

Liberty's Edge

Merisiel Sillvari wrote:
Studpuffin wrote:
Merisiel Sillvari wrote:
Studpuffin wrote:
So what happened in that tub with Valeros that sent you guys running anyway?
Who said we were running away? Maybe I like backing into hot tubs!
That's not what Ezren says.
Ezren slept... and snored... through that whole thing. Which pretty much sums Ezren up.

I heard he was mad at Valeros for not bathing with HIM.


Well well...hello Kyra. It is an honor to make your acquaintence.

My only question is a bit salty, although I do not apologize for it as I need to know- are you tsundere?


Psh. You and your Japanimated character types...

An interested point though. I wonder - in a party composed of the classic iconics (you, Valeros, Merisiel, and Seonie), would you say you roughly conform to the four classic temperaments, and if so, who would be what (sanguine, choleric, melancholic, and phlegmatic)?

Silver Crusade

I often find myself fulfilling clerical duties (because no one has heard that one before). As a holy warrior of an allied faith, I must ask this. What is your favorite battle prayer?

Dark Archive

If Merisiel bugs you so much, why do you continue to hang out with her?

Dark Archive

what is the worst prank that Merisiel played on you?
>.>
what?! no i'm not undead!
bluff 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kyra Sief al Kiraan wrote:

The Dawnflower does not say that one cannot lie...it is the INTENT of the lie that is of question here. If for selfish or evil reasons...then it should not be told.

Now this is unexpected! :)

Studpuffin wrote:
I heard he was mad at Valeros for not bathing with HIM.

Why would Ezren want to see Valeros bathe with a Finnish rock band?


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
Mikaze wrote:
Studpuffin wrote:
I heard he was mad at Valeros for not bathing with HIM.
Why would Ezren want to see Valeros bathe with a Finnish rock band?

Well, duh! Because a Norwegian death-metal group had burned down their sauna, of course.


Kyra Sief al Kiraan wrote:

Unfortunately, the Undead are often considered beyond redemption. That this particular one submitted to true death....I am saddened that a brother of the Faith could not look past his fear to the true action The Everlight demanded of him.

I see. Thank you, Kyra, that brings me some small comfort.

In regards to more questions, as I asked the polyamorous Elf over there ...

Since you're an Iconic, I'd like to ask your views on the races.

How do you feel, in general, about:

Dwarves
Elves
Gnomes
Half-Elves
Half-Orcs
Halflings
Humans

Only if you have the time and you also believe the randy Trolls won't jump on the subject...

Dark Archive

would you like a fiendish giant bat shoggoth?


I'm looking for recommendations to remove the stains a group of devils and holy knights left on the floor of my lair last week. Obviously I kept them away from the valuable tapestries, and dealt with the largest most apparent threats in a manner which would not leave permanent ichor and/or blood-stains all over the place, but once I started to 'clean house' afterwards I discovered that I had inadvertantly crushed to pulp a number minor devils and halflings that I must have slithered right over without noticing it during the fracas.

Furthermore, since this whole incident has been a shade embarrassing, it's possible that I need to cut back on the eating-rich-merchants thing and engage instead on a diet of substantially lighter fare. I've had to rule out the obvious choice of undead given that I've had a slight allergy to negative energy ever since I snacked upon a delectable demilich approximately five hundred years ago, but I've narrowed my options down to clerics of Erastil or clerics of Desna. (I figure that with all the outdoor exercise that their respective deities encourage them to get they get they should make for much less fatty eating options.) Which would you recommend that I eat?

Finally, I appear to have come by a holy relic of a saint of the church of Sarenrae from the 10th century Absalom Reckoning (as you funny humans currently count the years). Which venue should I return it to as thanks for your assistance (assuming I don't get bored and simply eat it if you take more than a day to respond)?


So Merisiel and Valeros annoy you so much...do you see or enjoy any traits about them?

Are you the type that tries to look for the good in all creature?

Your words of wisdom are welcomed.


Continuing my questioning, is there any other Iconic you enjoy travelling with?

Which one irritates you to the point of contemplating physical violence against them?

Whom would you prefer to adventure with?

Has Lem ever gotten away with anything by giving you the Big Trusting Eyes look?

Has the Tattooed Wonder (Seoni) ever had a wardrobe malfunction during a battle? If so, did it tip the battle in your favour?

What do you think of Erzen being an atheist? Does it worry or, or do you understand his rage at the falsehoods he suffered against during his youth and adulthood?

The Exchange

???

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Guardianknight wrote:
I often find myself fulfilling clerical duties (because no one has heard that one before). As a holy warrior of an allied faith, I must ask this. What is your favorite battle prayer?

You, Sarenrae, you are the light of everything.

Your glare reaches down to the abyss
So that monsters of the deep behold your light. . . .
You destroy the horns of a scheming villain,
Your weapon will strike at him, and there will be none to save him.
My goddess, the universe longs for your light. . . .
Which are the mountains not clothed with your beams?
Which are the regions not warmed by the brightness of your light?
Brightener of gloom, illuminator of darkness,
Dispeller of darkness, illuminator of the broad earth.

Liberty's Edge

Mikaze wrote:
Kyra Sief al Kiraan wrote:

The Dawnflower does not say that one cannot lie...it is the INTENT of the lie that is of question here. If for selfish or evil reasons...then it should not be told.

Now this is unexpected! :)

Studpuffin wrote:
I heard he was mad at Valeros for not bathing with HIM.
Why would Ezren want to see Valeros bathe with a Finnish rock band?

I heard it was because Ezren completely missed the point.

*taps end of beak*

The Exchange

I fear that my abruptness has given many of you a misconception of my feelings towards my companions.

I do not dislike Merisiel. Nor Valeros. Nor Ezren. Nor Seoni. There are times, however, that their actions are selfish, or mindless, and the result is harmful. THAT is what I dislike.

As a faithful follower of the Everlight, I must strive to find the good in all. Human, halfling, gnome, elf...it matters not. But, one must choose to be and do good.

Some creatures are irredeemable, evil to the very core of their being. They must be driven from existence.

So, let us put this "who do you like, dislike" nonsense behind us.


*From about 30 feet from Kyra*

Have you had a chance to look at the new spells for clerics and if so do any of them interest you?

It seems like quite a few of them happen to focus on manipulating undead, is this something that interests you or would you rather just return them to true death?

I have a cleric in my party that swears she learned inflect spells so she could heal me but she has spent much of the adventure up to this point threatening to heal me to death so how can I be sure that this sudden turn in attitude towards me is genuine and that she really learned the spells?

The Exchange

John Kretzer wrote:

So Merisiel and Valeros annoy you so much...do you see or enjoy any traits about them?

Are you the type that tries to look for the good in all creature?

Your words of wisdom are welcomed.

Since I seem to have expressed my frustrations about these two often enough...

Valeros is a brave soul. I often feel like he's showing off his bravado for the benefit of us women he travels with, but I believe that's just who he is. He's having fun, enjoying life. Valeros has stepped between me and harm many times, and his actions often give me that extra moment to make a difference. I count him as a good friend. He is also a fine specimen of manhood (which he is constantly attempting to preserve with alcohol).

Merisiel is a puzzle to me. Where most elves take a long view look at life, she lives constantly in the moment. That moment seemingly 2 minutes in time. Impulsive? Yes. Will that get her killed? Probably. I try my best to keep her alive, though. And Merisiel is ALIVE. It is the trait I admire most in her.

Lastly, YES....I am the type that tries to look for the good in all creatures. Except Undead. And devils and demons.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

How can you live with yourself, serving and aggrandizing history's greatest monster, who imprisoned and defiled the last true servant of the Monad, the Rough Beast who seeks only to tear down these flawed creations erected by demiurges like your foul sun-goddess, in cooperation with the very Devil himself?? Are you incapable of feeling any shame at how your goddess perpetuates a flawed cosmos in which only the strong prosper and death stalks us all by keeping our salvation tormented and bound in the gross material world he sought to transform? You wear such finery, as if your despicable sun-goddess deserves service from royalty, when she should be queen of NOTHING, weeping and broken, cast down for her hubris while Rovagug ravens and cleanses the cosmos of the lies and flaws of the demiurge! You claim evil when you see freedom! You strike with the sword while talking of peace! HYPOCRISY. You talk of iredeemability when your goddess is the worst of a bad lot! SHE should be driven from existence. SHE should suffer as the Cosmic Scourge has for millennia. SHE has chosen the Wrong by choosing a flawed and false Cosmos, and SHE has not DONE GOOD by subjecting a True and Faithful Servant of the True God to torment unimaginable. How could you like HER and not HE?

Dark Archive

are you saying that we...i mean, undead can't have some good in them? (even if their alignment is still LE)?

Sovereign Court

ulgulanoth wrote:
are you saying that we...i mean, undead can't have some good in them? (even if their alignment is still LE)?

UGH! The undead are a perversion of a perversion! Existence continued beyond its deserved destruction! If there *is* any goodness to be found in the bizznitch-goddess, it's her righteous hatred of those foul abominations.

The Exchange

Seebo Marnig...you have a bit of unsightly spittle on your lips.

I am curious...one hand on scimitar hilt, one hand on holy symbol...are you part of a group of followers of the Rough Beast?

Because I'd certainly like to meet them....draws scimitar which bursts into flame


Kyra Sief al Kiraan wrote:

Seebo Marnig...you have a bit of unsightly spittle on your lips.

I am curious...one hand on scimitar hilt, one hand on holy symbol...are you part of a group of followers of the Rough Beast?

Because I'd certainly like to meet them....draws scimitar which bursts into flame

*tries to move to a flanking position on the other side of mouth-foaming fanatic*

((on a less IC note, do you consider the Barbarian Rage to be a disturbing link to Rough Beast, or is it just a loss of control, or overwhelming rage, in your eyes?))


Kyra Sief al Kiraan wrote:
Merisiel is a puzzle to me. Where most elves take a long view look at life, she lives constantly in the moment. That moment seemingly 2 minutes in time. Impulsive? Yes. Will that get her killed? Probably. I try my best to keep her alive, though. And Merisiel is ALIVE. It is the trait I admire most in her.

That is odd....you admire her for being ALIVE...yet when she tries to get you to live....you get upset. Maybe you should just let go just once...and let your hair down...and go out on the town with Merisiel.

I have always thought to truely understand somebody one must 'walk in their shoes' for a while...and with true understanding comes the insight to help you understand her even better. Which might allow you to help her more.

Sorry I don't have a queation just a piece of wisdom I have picked up.

1 to 50 of 278 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / >>Ask Kyra Sief Al Kiraan All Your Questions Here<< All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.