APs you'd like to see in the future


Pathfinder Adventure Path General Discussion

701 to 732 of 732 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Ok...now that I have thought about it more, something set in The Sodden Lands would be awesome. I love the post-apocalyptic feel of the place. A kingmaker type campaign where PCs have to unite the tribes, fight off scavengers, and create a beacon of civilization in the wastes would be awesome.

Also, we really do need some love for the core nations of the Inner Sea. A Cheliax-based underground railroad AP would be neat. You could even link it up with Andoran for some fighting slavers on the high seas. Also an intrigue-based campaign in Taldor or Galt would be interesting.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'd like to see one set in or around Belkzin with a focus on monstrous PCs. Maybe not full on monsters but support for full-blooded orcs, hobgoblins, goblins, etc.

The bulk of the story could be neutral alignment leanings, maybe initially focusing on overthrowing a local warlord perhaps.


Feral wrote:
I'd like to see one set in or around Belkzin with a focus on monstrous PCs. Maybe not full on monsters but support for full-blooded orcs, hobgoblins, goblins, etc.

I have a feeling- based on some things that have been said around the boards (okay, one thing, really)- that this might be on the near horizon as one of the 2015 APs. Something involving orcs, at least.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

GALT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Concur with Distant Worlds and Sodden Lands, both are really interesting settings.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

MORE ABOUT THE PLANES AND THE DOMINIONS OF THE BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I think it would be fun to see an Adventure Path with Jatembe and the Ten Warriors that eventually leads into a "John Carter of Mars" like situation.
You've even got a built in AP name (though a bit long perhaps)
Doorway to the Red Star.

The first few volumes might be rediscovering some lost artifact or legacy of Jatembe. The 5 Facet Ring? Probably something a little bit more low-key. The investigation eventually leads to an encounter with a resurgent Throat-of-Nothingness or some similar cult. And then evidence found on the defeated cultists suggests cultist activity around the Doorway to the Red Star. The heroes journey to the Doorway, defeat some cultists there, and receive a prophecy that the King of Biting Ants (or some similar threats) will return. An artifact on the other side of the door is needed to destroy it once and for all. And then the heroes go through the door, do some John Carter-eqsue shenanigans at Akiton, and then come back for the final showdown with the BBEG.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

2 people marked this as a favorite.

An AP built around the countdown clocks, with the Dominion of the Black as primary villains. Early chapters revolve around piecing together the mystery of the countdown clocks. Last chapter takes place on Aucturn itself. Possible twist of having to work with Carsai the King, as in "Enemies of My Enemy" from STAP.

The redemption of Arazni. Adventures throughout Golarion to assemble the canopic jars, pitting the PCs against agents of Geb. Fifth chapter, PCs must enlist the aid of the Arclords of Nex for a large-scale attack on Geb. The last chapter involves an invasion of Geb by a combined force of Nex and the Knights of Ozem, which provides cover for the PCs to confront Arazni and her graveknights and finally redeem her... or destroy her forever.


I'd like an Arcadia AP. First part is making the trip across the sea. Then there's a Kingmaker scenario where you have to establish a colony, live off the land, deal with the natives(either with force or diplomacy), and eventually face a native american(north or south, doesn't matter) themed threat. All the while you're almost completely cut off from the inner sea, so you're working off the land, having to gather your own supplies, craft your own equipment, all that.


Me personally, I would love to see Curse of the Crimson Throne, Second Darkness, and Legacy of Fire all updated to Pathfinder in the same way as Rise of the Runelords.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Galt, Please


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Vudra...we wants the Impossible Kingdoms we do. :)


Anything!!!! Except Galt that sounds horrible :P


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

why does it sound horrible to you?


I'm just kidding. I see you everywhere championing Galt, i thought I would tease you a bit.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

i see:)
sorry head cold has my brain not working so well this week:)


Yeah. Vudra and the Impossible Kingdoms. (Starts there, ends there. No travel.)

Liberty's Edge

My choices are:

1. Arcadia: Explore, colonize and defend
2. Distant Worlds: So much room for awesome and I'd love some call back to Spell Jammers
3. Vudra for some yogi coolness
4. Aboleths: I keep hearing hints about this so I reckon there must be a great story around it. Lets do it!

Liberty's Edge

1.) A Dark Tapestry AP, set in the Distant Worlds. Think Event Horizon with Spelljammers.

2.) An Entirely (or at least mostly) Underwater AP. Have the party start by being captured and enslaved by Aboleth.

3.) An AP where Inner Sea (western) characters find themselves in Tian/Dragon Kingdoms, and spend most of the adventure path there.

4.) An AP involving a cross-continental race that passes through several lands. Golarion's Cannonball Run, or Hidalgo.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber
Cuchulainn wrote:

1.) A Dark Tapestry AP, set in the Distant Worlds. Think Event Horizon with Spelljammers.

2.) An Entirely (or at least mostly) Underwater AP. Have the party start by being captured and enslaved by Aboleth.

3.) An AP where Inner Sea (western) characters find themselves in Tian/Dragon Kingdoms, and spend most of the adventure path there.

4.) An AP involving a cross-continental race that passes through several lands. Golarion's Cannonball Run, or Hidalgo.

I am all for the dark tapestry AP

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber
Charlie Bell wrote:
An AP built around the countdown clocks, with the Dominion of the Black as primary villains. Early chapters revolve around piecing together the mystery of the countdown clocks. Last chapter takes place on Aucturn itself. Possible twist of having to work with Carsai the King, as in "Enemies of My Enemy" from STAP.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES *head explodes from awesome*


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
equinoxmaster wrote:
Charlie Bell wrote:
An AP built around the countdown clocks, with the Dominion of the Black as primary villains. Early chapters revolve around piecing together the mystery of the countdown clocks. Last chapter takes place on Aucturn itself. Possible twist of having to work with Carsai the King, as in "Enemies of My Enemy" from STAP.
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES *head explodes from awesome*

goes thru pockets and takes off watch

well i guess you wont be needing these then

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:
equinoxmaster wrote:
Charlie Bell wrote:
An AP built around the countdown clocks, with the Dominion of the Black as primary villains. Early chapters revolve around piecing together the mystery of the countdown clocks. Last chapter takes place on Aucturn itself. Possible twist of having to work with Carsai the King, as in "Enemies of My Enemy" from STAP.
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES *head explodes from awesome*

goes thru pockets and takes off watch

well i guess you wont be needing these then

*takes back watch, says words to summon monster and runs away without head*


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Trade you your head for the watch?

wait what do i need with a watch
bangs head against wall
should've grabbed his phone!

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:

Trade you your head for the watch?

wait what do i need with a watch
bangs head against wall
should've grabbed his phone!

*quickly switches phone out with stick of dynamite, grabs and screws on head, lights dynamite and runs away*


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

well played bringing it to its Itchy and Scratchy conclusion:)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

i would like to see: La Revolution Ne Sera Pas Televisee
i'll let others guess on where it might take place:)


Given what we've already played, our group would really like to see another city-based AP, where it's based 3/4ths of the time in a big city, with politics and intrigue. We're also bigger fans of low-to-medium magic & fantasy. Between these two things, we'd love to see an AP that's mostly about humanoids and without a lot of kitchen-sink creatures thrown in. So something kind of like Game of Thrones or a Waterdeep campaign, or even a very historical campaign with a little bit of magic and monsters thrown in, etc
This is the missing link for us, since we're finding APs/campaigns of other genres that we like, but that we're putting off since we really need a change of pace- politics, intrigue, character depth, low magic, etc.

If anyone knows of a product like this, will you please PM me?
(we already know about Council of Thieves)

Hopefully their Adventure Path strategy is not to try to please everyone every time, but to really make an excellent genre of whatever specific genre they pick. Trying to please everyone every time is where muzak comes from.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:

i would like to see: La Revolution Ne Sera Pas Televisee

i'll let others guess on where it might take place:)

probably not galt maybe in nex or nidal but definitely not galt


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

One item my player and I were discussing, a Dragon themed campaign, possibly as the next one going all the way to 20 (or with mythic). While we've seen dragons appear in other adventures, we haven't really seen them as a focus, and one player says she feels sorry for me since I wasn't able to experience the joy of high level play from the player's side...


With the advent of the upcoming Occult Adventures and psychic magic, it seems like a Vudra AP is almost inevitable. And while I- like many others- would certainly love to see that happen, the description of it as being more occult/spiritualism got me to thinking of an AP I think would be awesome to see-

Some kind of Victorian-esque spiritualism/occult adventure set primarily in Nidal, involving the Plane of Shadow, Kytons, and the First World. With lots of gremlins, too.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber
Cthulhudrew wrote:

With the advent of the upcoming Occult Adventures and psychic magic, it seems like a Vudra AP is almost inevitable. And while I- like many others- would certainly love to see that happen, the description of it as being more occult/spiritualism got me to thinking of an AP I think would be awesome to see-

Some kind of Victorian-esque spiritualism/occult adventure set primarily in Nidal, involving the Plane of Shadow, Kytons, and the First World. With lots of gremlins, too.

awesome, i have a fetchling character who's goal is to end zonky-thon's (hah hah zonky-thon LOL) reign of the shadow plane

701 to 732 of 732 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Path / General Discussion / APs you'd like to see in the future All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.