Mearls pleading for unity


Gamer Life General Discussion

1,601 to 1,627 of 1,627 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Scott Betts wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
My understanding of the flagging system is that the Paizo peeps make the call on whether something is in violation of the boards' rules. It makes no difference on the number of people who flag it...
Paizo staff have noted that they pay close attention to threads and posts that have been flagged multiple times.
Oh I imagine that more flags moves it up in the queue to be reviewed. But whether it is in violation or not, that still seems to be Paizo's call.

Remember the question was, "Why are my posts getting deleted, but these others that are more insulting are not?" Not just, "Why are my posts getting deleted."


Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Why isn't Charlie Sheen in this thread?

There's definitely not enough winning here. Duh.


I'm in the clicque, and I get all sorta s%&~ deleted. I'm actually more interesting than you three whingers combined, and I still get deleted. So don't even try that.


Scott Betts wrote:
Dogpiling happens on these boards for many reasons. Acting poorly is one of them, but so is disagreeing with the common consensus of the forum community.

Yup.

And pretending the moderation is consistent or even-handed is just that: Pretending. Sad but true.


Scott Betts wrote:
Dogpiling happens on these boards for many reasons. Acting poorly is one of them, but so is disagreeing with the common consensus of the forum community.

I'm gonna float a wild theory that maybe -- just maybe -- it mostly has to do with the content of a post/position and how it is presented.

If there is any consensus on this board, it would only seem to be that we are all as passionate in our opinions as we are about our gaming.


ProfessorCirno wrote:
I see, so the secret to not being deleted is to call others a douche.

Apparently.


Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Scott Betts wrote:
Dogpiling happens on these boards for many reasons. Acting poorly is one of them, but so is disagreeing with the common consensus of the forum community.
I'm gonna float a wild theory that maybe -- just maybe -- it mostly has to do with the content of a post/position and how it is presented.

Sometimes. Sometimes not so much. I'm going to make a concrete observation that I've seen both.


pres man wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Oh I imagine that more flags moves it up in the queue to be reviewed. But whether it is in violation or not, that still seems to be Paizo's call.
Remember the question was, "Why are my posts getting deleted, but these others that are more insulting are not?" Not just, "Why are my posts getting deleted."

I remember the question. Perhaps -- again, just a wild theory -- that the posts that you (and often I) consider offensive, do not meet the criteria for removal.

But again, if someone is feeling singled out for post removal, I don't see how I or anyone can convince them otherwise.


Scott Betts wrote:
That's pretty disturbing, if true. I've long seen these forums as unhealthily insular, but this is well beyond what I thought was the case.

I see all forums as unhealthy insular. I really have not been on one that is not. There is a varying degree...I think this board is not that bad...I have seen worse

The whole thing w/ pres men accusation...I have seen it on the accusation a million times over....but really only seen it once and that was over on the WotC boards.

ProfessorCirno has a problem in that way he writes(and to a certain extent you also share this)... just really belittling. I don't think either you does this on purpose but it is there. I have a friend who as the same problem really. It is not really what you guys are argueing about...it is how you guys argue.


Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
I'm in the clicque, and I get all sorta s!@! deleted. I'm actually more interesting than you three whingers combined, and I still get deleted. So don't even try that.

Wait, is it a clique or a secret club? Or is the secret club different from the clique? I was hoping we'd get jackets and do that thing were we go down the street snapping our fingers.

The Exchange

Patrick Curtin wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Patrick I keep telling you trolls are bad for your indigestion.
Being told I am incorrect for an opinion also is bad for my digestion. But I digest ... =P

Yes, however I try not to do that to you. ;) I know better.

Dark Archive

How come everytime someone starts catching on to our secret conspiracies Sebastian is always responsible. Sebastian stop talking about our plans in public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark Archive Bella Sara Charter Superscriber

I'm pretty sure I've had more posts deleted than most other posters combined. If there's a secret conspiracy to protect certain posters, I'm clearly not under its protection.

But, if you whine enough, I'm sure eventually people will realize the error of their ways and start treating your douchy posts with the respect they so richly deserve.

Also, I didn't call anyone a douche (though I won't stop anyone from drawing that conclusion about themselves if that's on their conscience), but I'm sure the post will eventually get deleted given the quantity and quality of butthurt it appears to have generated.


Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
I remember the question. Perhaps -- again, just a wild theory -- that the posts that you (and often I) consider offensive, do not meet the criteria for removal.

Among the forum rules (of which there are precious few), defaming, abusing, stalking, harassing or threatening others is prohibited. So is being a jerk. Is being called a douche and mocked by sockpuppets within the realm of not-a-jerk behavior?


Okay...which one of these gowks are we gonna throw in the Wicker Man?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

There's a consensus? I know I'm not the most observant person, but how did I miss this?


John Kretzer wrote:
Scott Betts wrote:
That's pretty disturbing, if true. I've long seen these forums as unhealthily insular, but this is well beyond what I thought was the case.

I see all forums as unhealthy insular. I really have not been on one that is not. There is a varying degree...I think this board is not that bad...I have seen worse

The whole thing w/ pres men accusation...I have seen it on the accusation a million times over....but really only seen it once and that was over on the WotC boards.

ProfessorCirno has a problem in that way he writes(and to a certain extent you also share this)... just really belittling. I don't think either you does this on purpose but it is there. I have a friend who as the same problem really. It is not really what you guys are argueing about...it is how you guys argue.

Yes, the Paizo forums. Where civil arguments are seen as belittling when they highlight blatant silliness, and calling someone a douche and engaging in outright mockery is an appropriate response that the community defends rather than censures. Welcome to Bizarro World.

Dark Archive Bella Sara Charter Superscriber

Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
How come everytime someone starts catching on to our secret conspiracies Sebastian is always responsible. Sebastian stop talking about our plans in public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything is about me. Don't hate the player, hate the game.*

*That game being 4e, obviously.


John Kretzer wrote:
...The thing I never understood is the system elitism I see. The idea of 4th ed(or insert whatever RPG you care to mention) and nothing else mentality. Never understood how the system can tear groups apart.

For me, it comes down to initial impressions and familiarity. I have always associated the mechanics of a game with the setting. Mechanics I find disagreeable will turn me off to a setting.

3E and d20 mechanics nearly destroyed DnD for me. Way to codified and defined - all but completely impossible to have truly imaginative game play due to overly defined rules. I actually loath it more as a player than I do as a GM. I loved and still love 2E mechanics. I play them now only because my players like'em. Real life didn't cause my gaming habits to move from two or three times a week to once every 3 weeks, the mechancis involved with playing DnD did. Stupid? Maybe. Warranted? For me, absolutely. Fortunately, New Haven Games is creating a modern updatd version of 2E DnD using some modern game design that keeps the 2E flavor. I may finally get my wish to have 2E style gaming return to my groups.

d20 mechanics have destroyed Star Wars as an RPG for me. The last incarnation in the Saga system moved a step toward the old d6 system awesomeness, but still fails on every level - destiny, classes, levels - CRAP.

It all comes down the first impressins and familiarity.


Sebastian wrote:

I'm pretty sure I've had more posts deleted than most other posters combined. If there's a secret conspiracy to protect certain posters, I'm clearly not under its protection.

But, if you whine enough, I'm sure eventually people will realize the error of their ways and start treating your douchy posts with the respect they so richly deserve.

Also, I didn't call anyone a douche (though I won't stop anyone from drawing that conclusion about themselves if that's on their conscience), but I'm sure the post will eventually get deleted given the quantity and quality of butthurt it appears to have generated.

I flagged this post because you were obviously insulting me.


Daniel Gunther 346 wrote:
all but completely impossible to have truly imaginative game play due to overly defined rules.

Huh. I guess all those rad 3rd Edition campaigns I played in weren't truly imaginative. Who woulda thought?

Dark Archive Bella Sara Charter Superscriber

Is there a secret handshake for the victims club, or does someone just have to be a meany face to you?

The Exchange

there is a clique that flags posters who are being jerks? Explains why so many of my posts are gone.


Scott Betts wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
I remember the question. Perhaps -- again, just a wild theory -- that the posts that you (and often I) consider offensive, do not meet the criteria for removal.
Among the forum rules (of which there are precious few), defaming, abusing, stalking, harassing or threatening others is prohibited. So is being a jerk. Is being called a douche and mocked by sockpuppets within the realm of not-a-jerk behavior?

Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean those posts won't be ripped out too. The Paizo peeps all have primary job functions besides keeping us civil, so give them a few moments or hours.

Assuming Ross doesn't nuke this entire thread from orbit, I imagine many more posts will be gone by morning (Seattle time).

Dark Archive Bella Sara Charter Superscriber

Wet Blanket wrote:
Sebastian wrote:

I'm pretty sure I've had more posts deleted than most other posters combined. If there's a secret conspiracy to protect certain posters, I'm clearly not under its protection.

But, if you whine enough, I'm sure eventually people will realize the error of their ways and start treating your douchy posts with the respect they so richly deserve.

Also, I didn't call anyone a douche (though I won't stop anyone from drawing that conclusion about themselves if that's on their conscience), but I'm sure the post will eventually get deleted given the quantity and quality of butthurt it appears to have generated.

I flagged this post because you were obviously insulting me.

I flagged your mom because she was obviously insulting me.

Paizo Employee Chief Creative Officer, Publisher

There is a ton of weak lameness going on in this thread. I can read the blocked posts, and most of them are pretty worthless. Ironically, Cirno's was the least pointless, but it triggered Ross's moderator finger.

I personally think the oWoD and nWoD issue is rather interesting, and the rest of this meta bickering is utterly pointless. Consequently, I'm going to close the thread entirely.

Please feel free to start a new topic on Mike's column or White Wolf/Ryan Dancey or whatever, but please stop picking on each other.

1,601 to 1,627 of 1,627 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / General Discussion / Mearls pleading for unity All Messageboards
Recent threads in General Discussion