Mearls pleading for unity


Gamer Life General Discussion

851 to 900 of 1,627 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Somewhere in the background an orchestra is playing a tune which could be taken for the fourth movement of Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique. Mist swirls through ancient ruins of what was once a magnificent castle. There is a remote clatter of hooves on the cobbles of he worn road, and eddies in the mist resolve themselves into a shape.


Chance Encounter wrote:

Somewhere in the background an orchestra is playing a tune which could be taken for the fourth movement of Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique. Mist swirls through ancient ruins of what was once a magnificent castle. There is a remote clatter of hooves on the cobbles of he worn road, and eddies in the mist resolve themselves into a shape.

Haaaalt!

Who goes there?


Scott Betts wrote:
Jason Nelson wrote:
The first step in perspective-taking is to be able to see yourself. That step appears to be too far. That's fine; I ain't yer therapist. I just broke you down as a free public educational service.
Out of curiosity, what was the point of your post, other than to dismiss and deride someone?

So you are saying that is wrong? Considering half your post....sorry...I am just going to let it go.


John Kretzer wrote:
Scott Betts wrote:
Jason Nelson wrote:
The first step in perspective-taking is to be able to see yourself. That step appears to be too far. That's fine; I ain't yer therapist. I just broke you down as a free public educational service.
Out of curiosity, what was the point of your post, other than to dismiss and deride someone?

So you are saying that is wrong? Considering half your post....sorry...I am just going to let it go.

Except, you posted. So clearly you weren't just letting it go. You stopped just after the point where the implication was dropped. If you had truly meant to "let it go", you wouldn't have posted.

No, what you wanted to do was make the implication that half of my posts are nothing but dismissing or deriding people, but couch that implication in the idea that you're being the better man by not being explicit about it.


A shape emerges from the mist of a skeletal figure in tarnished silver mail of an antique design astride an equally skeletal horse. The 'knight' carries a heavy lance of elm, pitted with wormholes and blotched with fungus.


Aaaah. YOU! You have no place here. This is not your moment.


The knight tugs on rotting leather reins and brings his travesty of mount to a halt. He seems to be considering something, turning his head from left to right, surveying the scene.


Is it time for the smurfening?


The White Knight wrote:

The knight tugs on rotting leather reins and brings his travesty of mount to a halt. He seems to be considering something, turning his head from left to right, surveying the scene.

You fought in the battle of the plains of Gehenna some five millennia hence, and were vanquished by an alu-fiend squire of an Abyssal lord. Your time of exile is not yet done. The rites deny it.


Wraith Lord wrote:

You fought in the battle of the plains of Gehenna some five millennia hence, and were vanquished by an alu-fiend squire of an Abyssal lord. Your time of exile is not yet done. The rites deny it.

The bony jaw of the knight clicks, and puffs of something which might be dust emerge. It's possible that had the knight voice, it might be laughing.

And then, meaningfully, it lowers its lance.


The White Knight wrote:

The bony jaw of the knight clicks, and puffs of something which might be dust emerge. It's possible that had the knight voice, it might be laughing.

And then, meaningfully, it lowers its lance.

So be it then.

Spectral steel should not rasp as it is drawn, yet the great-sword of the wraith lord does as it is unsheathed. The phantom stands upon a tumbled stretch of wall, waiting to receive the knight's charge, and to swing back as the knight passes.


The mists swirl once more, and engulf the scene, and the result of the conflict to come is lost from view.


the Smurfoz wrote:
Is it time for the smurfening?

Given that it's the weekend, that's what I figure... ;)


Brother smurf!


Just flag it and move on, guys.


Hmm. It's been a while since I used some of my aliases. And some of them (the poor things) have only featured once or twice in since defunct forum games threads.


Charles Evans 25 wrote:

Hmm. It's been a while since I used some of my aliases. And some of them (the poor things) have only featured once or twice in since defunct forum games threads.

Good. Don't start spamming now.


Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Just flag it and move on, guys.

Nobody's guaranteed to be in the office till Monday though, and they'll have more important things to do (ship the Campaign Setting hopefully for one) than pay attention to a thread like this...

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Just flag it and move on, guys.

Where will I make silly posts then? It's not like we have a forum for that...


TriOmegaZero wrote:
Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Just flag it and move on, guys.
Where will I make silly posts then? It's not like we have a forum for that...

Grow a pair. Makem on facebook, to freak out your mother and IRL coworkers.


TriOmegaZero wrote:
Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Just flag it and move on, guys.
Where will I make silly posts then? It's not like we have a forum for that...

Made my Will save there not to make a quip about one of the playtest...

Ahh. Well I guess I 'sort of' made my Will save. :)

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I save Facebook for atheist propaganda.


Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Just flag it and move on, guys.

YOU have something against ugly little blue guys in funny hats?


Brian E. Harris wrote:
Charles Evans 25 wrote:

Hmm. It's been a while since I used some of my aliases. And some of them (the poor things) have only featured once or twice in since defunct forum games threads.

Good. Don't start spamming now.

Hasn't that been the majority of this thread?


Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Brian E. Harris wrote:
Charles Evans 25 wrote:

Hmm. It's been a while since I used some of my aliases. And some of them (the poor things) have only featured once or twice in since defunct forum games threads.

Good. Don't start spamming now.
Hasn't that been the majority of this thread?

Well actually the majority of this thread seems to have been talking about certain adverts (unlikely ever to go away now because of youtube), and people snarking over being insulted about other folk being insulted being insulted by...

Ah. Good point. :D


Charles Evans 25 wrote:


Hasn't that been the majority of this thread?

Well actually the majority of this thread seems to have been talking about certain adverts (unlikely ever to go away now because of youtube), and people snarking over being insulted about other folk being insulted being insulted by...

Ah. Good point. :D

That's crucial, though. It has to be fought out to the bitter end. As humans, we have to answer these questions.


Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Charles Evans 25 wrote:


Well actually the majority of this thread seems to have been talking about certain adverts (unlikely ever to go away now because of youtube), and people snarking over being insulted about other folk being insulted being insulted by...
Ah. Good point. :D
That's crucial, though. It has to be fought out to the bitter end. As humans, we have to answer these questions.

Douglas Adams already told us the answer to these questions though...


Charles Evans 25 wrote:
Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Charles Evans 25 wrote:


Well actually the majority of this thread seems to have been talking about certain adverts (unlikely ever to go away now because of youtube), and people snarking over being insulted about other folk being insulted being insulted by...
Ah. Good point. :D
That's crucial, though. It has to be fought out to the bitter end. As humans, we have to answer these questions.

Douglas Adams already told us the answer to these questions though...

I also think that through the concept of Vogon poetry, he prophesyed the coming of the internet troll.


Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Charles Evans 25 wrote:

Douglas Adams already told us the answer to these questions though...

I also think that through the concept of Vogon poetry, he prophesyed the coming of the internet troll.

I was initially taken aback by this idea, but upon reflection I think you make a plausible case. :)

Edit:
Listed for excellence of insight!


Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
That's crucial, though. It has to be fought out to the bitter end. As humans, we have to answer these questions.

The only questions that could actually be settled on one side in this thread, however, would be settled through violence.


Charles Evans 25 wrote:
Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Charles Evans 25 wrote:

Douglas Adams already told us the answer to these questions though...

I also think that through the concept of Vogon poetry, he prophesyed the coming of the internet troll.

I was initially taken aback by this idea, but upon reflection I think you make a plausible case. :)

Edit:
Listed for excellence of insight!

What's that maxim...."anything science fiction can imagine will be possible in 40 years?..." something like that....

why did this have to be correct for Vogon poetry?


Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
That's crucial, though. It has to be fought out to the bitter end. As humans, we have to answer these questions.
The only questions that could actually be settled on one side in this thread, however, would be settled through violence.

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a "Judge of teh interwebz" somewhere to look at douchy threads, and say "okay, you lose. Here's why...." so people would stfu? And if you lost in interwebz court, you had to have your fingers sewn together so you couldn't type for a month until the stitching disintegrated.


Okay, signing out for the night here in the UK. Thanks for the discussion, Spanky, TriOmegaZero, Mairkurion. That was fun and useful! :D


Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
That's crucial, though. It has to be fought out to the bitter end. As humans, we have to answer these questions.
The only questions that could actually be settled on one side in this thread, however, would be settled through violence.
Wouldn't it be cool if there was a "Judge of teh interwebz" somewhere to look at douchy threads, and say "okay, you lose. Here's why...." so people would stfu? And if you lost in interwebz court, you had to have your fingers sewn together so you couldn't type for a month until the stitching disintegrated.

That would be awesome. People eligible for such a court would have to have special headgear.

Nighty-night, Chuck E 25.


nitey nite, John Boy!

The Exchange Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 6

Scott Betts wrote:


Out of curiosity, what was the point of your post, other than to dismiss and deride someone?

Have you asked yourself that of your various "those jerks" posts?


Way to deploy ordinance to the ground, you Vatican Warlock Assassin you.

Damn.....I wish that was made up when they were naming the Magus...


Scott Betts wrote:

Except, you posted. So clearly you weren't just letting it go. You stopped just after the point where the implication was dropped. If you had truly meant to "let it go", you wouldn't have posted.

No, what you wanted to do was make the implication that half of my posts are nothing but dismissing or deriding people, but couch that implication in the idea that you're being the better man by not being explicit about it.

Nope I was going to leave it at I do find your posts worse than that particular post(I pretty much straight implied and that... I was going to imply that you and he can't take the same medicine you guys dish out. But really I had a game to get too...and did not see much point in finishing it...as you will not see it.


Chance Encounter wrote:

The mists swirl once more, and engulf the scene, and the result of the conflict to come is lost from view.

But this is internet - the combat needs to be played out in tedious detail for everyone to see


M'Tuk'Tuk the Angry Crocodile wrote:
Chance Encounter wrote:

The mists swirl once more, and engulf the scene, and the result of the conflict to come is lost from view.

But this is internet - the combat needs to be played out in tedious detail for everyone to see

If it hasn't been tedious enough for you already, I don't know what to say.


Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:

Way to deploy ordinance to the ground, you Vatican Warlock Assassin you.

Damn.....I wish that was made up when they were naming the Magus...

Hey now!


Magoo Magish wrote:
Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:

Way to deploy ordinance to the ground, you Vatican Warlock Assassin you.

Damn.....I wish that was made up when they were naming the Magus...

Hey now!

Steeyabracadeeeeeeyabra!


Scott Betts wrote:
Out of curiosity, what was the point of your post, other than to dismiss and deride someone?

Self aggrandizement.


Russ Taylor wrote:
Scott Betts wrote:


Out of curiosity, what was the point of your post, other than to dismiss and deride someone?
Have you asked yourself that of your various "those jerks" posts?

Yeah, but......where's the self aggrandizement in that?


Russ Taylor wrote:
Scott Betts wrote:


Out of curiosity, what was the point of your post, other than to dismiss and deride someone?
Have you asked yourself that of your various "those jerks" posts?

One of these things used sarcasm to make a point. The other implied that the poster has perspective issues that needed to be therapeutically addressed.

Those jerks.


Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Russ Taylor wrote:
Scott Betts wrote:


Out of curiosity, what was the point of your post, other than to dismiss and deride someone?
Have you asked yourself that of your various "those jerks" posts?
Yeah, but......where's the self aggrandizement in that?

And to Bugleyman,

I apologize for my rudeness, although I thought it was such a cheesy tactic that I'd end up with more mud on my face than you, so......

nonetheless, my feeling right now is that we are one or two millimeters away from a breakthrough with this thread. I think you had eco 1-4, so you must've had a marketing class, right? You can get there. You're smarter than me probably.

I just had a flash of brilliance, but I think everybody has to get there themselves or it's meaningless and it will just be washed away by this constant contest to see whose man organ is the most powerful on the interweb.

AND, Bugleyman,.....you had the same taste of anger in your mouth over the whole......debacle/fiasco/I'm really searching for a more diplomatic term to call this whole 4e thing.


Scott Betts wrote:

One of these things used sarcasm to make a point. The other implied that the poster has perspective issues that needed to be therapeutically addressed.

Those jerks.

See? It's right there!!! The whole thing!!! The breakthrough is right here!!!

What is the purpose of marketing even? And how do you achieve that purpose? And how do you totally F*!~ IT UP?

The Exchange Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 6

Scott Betts wrote:

One of these things used sarcasm to make a point. The other implied that the poster has perspective issues that needed to be therapeutically addressed.

You can invite a person to reflect on their behavior, but you can't make them think.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Ha! It's funny because it's true.


Some quotes to describe this thread

"Nay, allow the claim of the dead; stab not the fallen; what prowess is it to slay the slain anew?"

Sophocles' Antigone

"Of the three who had enriched themselves through murders, the first had gone over the whole world, accusing people falsely, and owed ten thousand deaths to both Europe and Asia; so that all who knew the fellow were sorry that it was not possible to slay the slain, and to do so thrice over, and yet oftener."

Libanius' funeral oration for the Emperor Julian

"While snarlers strive with proud but fruitless pain
To wound immortals, or to slay the slain."

Edward Young

"To twice slay the slain,

By dint of the Brain,

Is but labour in vain,
Unproductive of gain,
And so I shall bid you 'Adieu'!"

Thomas Henry Huxley

That dead horse that you guys are flogging... is nothing but a stinking bloodied mess and every body is ankle deep in horse gore.

There are people that will not change their minds and will say black is white and Monday is Tuesday because they are just blind, stubborn or it gives them the little thrills that they get off on.

For the productive and creative of you GET BACK TO WORK and give me more good RPG stuff.

For the others see you next time somebody drags in a horse corpse to flog.

851 to 900 of 1,627 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / General Discussion / Mearls pleading for unity All Messageboards