Freehold DM's Joss Whedon's Fan Club


Off-Topic Discussions

1 to 50 of 206 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

8 people marked this as a favorite.

Since Freehold DM is to shy to start his Hero's Fan club, I thought I would do it for him.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
Since Freehold DM is to shy to start his Hero's Fan club, I thought I would do it for him.

So...

very....

wrong.....

The Exchange

3 people marked this as a favorite.

From what I understand FHDM has Joss' picture on his pillow case and he kisses it goodnight.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Such a good dragon.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I hear he is very excited for the Avenger's movie.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ah...this is so cute. Bless Freehold's little heart...

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ooohhhhh Yeah let the Hateraid commence!!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

The only good thing Mr. Whedon did was Firefly and if it wasn't for Fox messing with the time slot it might very well still be on today.

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I liked about 1/2 of the stuff he did. The other half seems to be largely forgotten or politely brushed under the carpet by most "fans"

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Should this not be under TV or maybe Movies?

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

FHDM once waited 10 hours, IN THE RAIN!, just to catch a glimpse of Joss Whedon's car as it drove to the set of Buffy: the Vampire Slayer.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ashe Ravenheart wrote:
FHDM once waited 10 hours, IN THE RAIN!, just to catch a glimpse of Joss Whedon's car as it drove to the set of Buffy: the Vampire Slayer.

I heard he was waiting at a taco stand ran by Alton Brown.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Crimson Jester wrote:
I liked about 1/2 of the stuff he did. The other half seems to be largely forgotten or politely brushed under the carpet by most "fans"

I only hate Whedon 50% of the time.


7 people marked this as a favorite.

-ck*

Oh.

Oh no.

OH NOES!!!!!!!!!

Ia!! Ia!! Whedon ftaghn!!!!


Moorluck wrote:
From what I understand FHDM has Joss' picture on his pillow case and he kisses it goodnight.

If by "kiss" you mean "bash with the anti-Whedon flail I keep under the bed", then yes, you are quite right.


8 people marked this as a favorite.
Ashe Ravenheart wrote:
FHDM once waited 10 hours, IN THE RAIN!, just to catch a glimpse of Joss Whedon's car as it drove to the set of Buffy: the Vampire Slayer.

I was waiting on a grassy knoll!!!

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Ashe Ravenheart wrote:
FHDM once waited 10 hours, IN THE RAIN!, just to catch a glimpse of Joss Whedon's car as it drove to the set of Buffy: the Vampire Slayer.
I was waiting on a gassy gnoll!!!

I hope he left a good tip.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

It appears that our dear Mr. Freehold failed his San check...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cuchulainn wrote:
It appears that our dear Mr. Freehold failed his San check...

Freehold DM had sanity? Since when?

The Exchange

Sharoth wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:
It appears that our dear Mr. Freehold failed his San check...
Freehold DM had sanity? Since when?

Not for a very very long time. He is MARRIED remember.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Crimson Jester wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:
It appears that our dear Mr. Freehold failed his San check...
Freehold DM had sanity? Since when?
Not for a very very long time. He is MARRIED remember.

Ahhhh! I see. ~thinks~ Hey... Wait a minute! You are married and I am about to get marri--- Oh NO!!! ~RUNS~

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Moorluck wrote:
From what I understand FHDM has Joss' picture on his pillow case and he kisses it goodnight.

The pillow is one thing. It's the Joss Whedon bed sheets that I worry about.

(I'm not even sure how he found those. Must have been custom made.)


Moff Rimmer wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
From what I understand FHDM has Joss' picture on his pillow case and he kisses it goodnight.

The pillow is one thing. It's the Joss Whedon bed sheets that I worry about.

(I'm not even sure how he found those. Must have been custom made.)

They're actually fitted Joss Whedon bodybags that are doubling as bed sheets. Unfortunately, in these tight economic times, a lot of things around the FHDM household have to serve double-duty. For example, I have a full collection of Whedon scripts and other writings that serve as toilet paper, etc.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:
It appears that our dear Mr. Freehold failed his San check...
Freehold DM had sanity? Since when?
Not for a very very long time. He is MARRIED remember.
Ahhhh! I see. ~thinks~ Hey... Wait a minute! You are married and I am about to get marri--- Oh NO!!! ~RUNS~

Don't worry, you won't miss it.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ashe Ravenheart wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:
It appears that our dear Mr. Freehold failed his San check...
Freehold DM had sanity? Since when?
Not for a very very long time. He is MARRIED remember.
Ahhhh! I see. ~thinks~ Hey... Wait a minute! You are married and I am about to get marri--- Oh NO!!! ~RUNS~
Don't worry, you won't miss it.

Hear Hear [sic] I miss it everyday. My aim improves daily!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

So, FHDM hates Joss Whedon. Now I get it.

In that sense, FHDM has a lifetime membership in the Joss Whedon fanclub and is his friend on Facebook.

Sovereign Court Contributor

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Moff Rimmer wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
From what I understand FHDM has Joss' picture on his pillow case and he kisses it goodnight.

The pillow is one thing. It's the Joss Whedon bed sheets that I worry about.

(I'm not even sure how he found those. Must have been custom made.)

I worry about the Joss Whedon jammies and underoos. With the snap-on butt flap.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

FHDM loves to snuggle with his stash of Firefly dvds while wearing his Jayne knit cap and Browncoat.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mac Boyce wrote:
FHDM loves to snuggle with his stash of Firefly dvds while wearing his Jayne knit cap and Browncoat.

Doesn't everybody?!?


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Heh heh....forgot about this.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Heh heh....forgot about this.

I blame Cosmo for everyone forgetting about it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Me too.


shakes fist

To think this thread would reflect happier times where whedon was not yet on tv in theatres....


1 person marked this as a favorite.

memm ries all alone in the moo nlight....


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm not really a Whedon fan either. He's pretty good at dialogue, but he couldn't cobble together a coherent plot if his life depended on it.

Let me break down Avengers for everyone:

There's this thing called a tesseract, which is nothing more than a hypothetical four-dimensional shape so it's like calling it "the circle" or "the rhombus" but in Whedon's mind it must be magical because reasons.
Good guys have McGuffin.
Bad guy takes McGuffin.
Good guys must retrieve McGuffin.
Explosions.
Explosions.
Explosions.
Sight gag.
Explosions.
Wisecrack.
Explosions.
Explosions.
SUPER DUPER Explosions.
Sight gag.
Fin.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Ohhh Kawaiiii!
Where do I get a Joss Whedon bedset for my boyfriend, mr Freehold DM?

(if only to drive away any anti-whedon fan girls who make it that far.)
(I will have to think of something else to drive away any who love whedon enough to overlook his choice in bed sets.)


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I thought the tesseract was a reference to Madeleine l'Engle.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

She mentioned tesseracts in the A Wrinkle in Time trilogy (yeah, there were two more books that no one ever talks about) but she didn't invent the concept.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Mrs. Gersen and I tried to watch Avengers. We were like, "Oh, so this movie is really Thor 2, I guess?" Which made it not so great, since we hadn't seen Thor 1.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

This.., this thread is awesome.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

FREEHOLD!!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Just wait until I really start pillaging Japanese cinema...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I need your clothes, your boots, and Kaneda's motorcycle.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Gundam suits for everyone! And three random cast members will die! For no reason at all! Man this s+$* practically writes itself!


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Darn.

This had me fooled for a bit. I was curious about Freehold's new fan club.
Evil thread necromancer.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aranna wrote:

Darn.

This had me fooled for a bit. I was curious about Freehold's new fan club.
Evil thread necromancer.

I'm still waiting on my Aranna-delivered bed set...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aberzombie wrote:
FREEHOLD!!!

yes?


I like the sound of this club, and would subscribe to its newsletter.

(Remember, Freehold: any depictions of graphic violence must be censored: I have children, you know...)


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

I like the sound of this club, and would subscribe to its newsletter.

(Remember, Freehold: any depictions of graphic violence must be censored: I have children, you know...)

I will take a page from Better Off Ted and describe his fate in only the most g rated terms.

*ahem*

I will "hug" him until "happiness" kicks in and he begs me to stop "giving him bunnies" and he agrees to take his shows off the airwaves.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:

I like the sound of this club, and would subscribe to its newsletter.

(Remember, Freehold: any depictions of graphic violence must be censored: I have children, you know...)

I will take a page from Better Off Ted and describe his fate in only the most g rated terms.

*ahem*

I will "hug" him until "happiness" kicks in and he begs me to stop "giving him bunnies" and he agrees to take his shows off the airwaves.

G rated, not XXX rated.

1 to 50 of 206 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Freehold DM's Joss Whedon's Fan Club All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.