Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

143,301 to 143,350 of 239,857 << first < prev | 2862 | 2863 | 2864 | 2865 | 2866 | 2867 | 2868 | 2869 | 2870 | 2871 | 2872 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
Drejk wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Presence of General around suggest that you are army captain, not navy captain and you wield less authority anyway...
Sounds like the dragon wants to walk the plank.

No way, I am afraid of heights!

Even simple attempt to pick me up and hold in the air ends in flailing, cursing, and grabbing whatever is within reach. Including but not limited to cleavage of the wife of guy holding me up.

Wow. That would not be for the breast.

That was horribly punny.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yeah, I'm gonna need backup, the dragon is at it again.

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
baron arem heshvaun wrote:
What DEX 18 looks like.

What DEX as a dump stat looks like.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hey I wasn't... Oh, the other dragon...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Lt. Yesterday, Bad Pun Police wrote:
Yeah, I'm gonna need backup, the dragon is at it again.

I admit that I do have the breast jokes ever!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Hey I wasn't... Oh, the other dragon...

~points at Drejk~ It was him! He is guilty! Arrest that Dragon!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Either my hand or the mouse is getting wonky. Neither is far from impossible.

Both wrists hurt me today, though now only left is aching...

Liberty's Edge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Presence of General around suggest that you are army captain, not navy captain and you wield less authority anyway...

I dunno, that just means he's closer to being a Hawkeye Pierce or BJ Hunnicutt.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

The bloodbag has a friend, also on the blog!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Toddzilla wrote:

<walks around old game room, dusts off books and dice.>

almost time to start looking for a group to play with. I've been out for a while, still got about another month before I can restart though.

after looking around I realize I need to do some shopping.

Good thing I started a new job just gotta wait to get paid


4 people marked this as a favorite.
baron arem heshvaun wrote:

Humility aside, and by God's good Grace, I'm pretty fit.

For a gamer of my age, I am extremely fit.

Then Gay Pride descends in the Hamptons and I feel like a short fat clumsy potato compared to these men who dress better than me and have more charm in their pinky than I have on my best suave day.

I don't have Gay hate. I have the opposite. I'm Gay jealous.

How come my butt does not look as good in these jeans!

indeed, I can back this u p- the baron is a man of amazing svelteness and swagger. But my god man, gay men have taken the Prestige class, there's no competing with them, I don't even get upset anymore when women fawn over them. I can't even begin to compete at maximum black manliness with the safety limiters removed.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Is Kingmaker more deadly than other APs?

We're averaging one death a session. We had two this week...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

The random encounter table can be brutal, but overall no, not as written. But no one does Kingmaker as written.

I didn't quite say that well enough, the encounter table is downright obnoxiously dangerous in the wrong hands. Downright brutal otherwise, if you encounter trolls or Wil-o-wisps then you can blame the table.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Seriously - even with five players, this things has been absolutely brutal, and that's even without the random encounter table (although 6 shocker lizards did end a player as a random encounter), the

Book2KM:
The dancing lady nearly did a TPK by herself, and the quickling almost took two players out before a lucky crit from a readied action got him.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Oh yes, that part is brutal, book two is nasty like that. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
I don't get having 1d3 weapon damage, there is no three sided dice! "Just ignore the four" they say. Four is the best number on a four sided dice, do you know how frustrating it can be to roll four after four after four, and then they say "Oh, well, that's a three" It's clearly a four!

Who says that? That is objectively false.

A d3 gives even odds of getting a 1, a 2, and a 3. "Roll 1d4, treat 4s as 3s" gives 50% odds of getting a 3 and 25% odds of getting 1 and 2.

/math nerd

Spoiler:
Though I never had much objection to d3s, it seems enough people share your objection that 4e eliminated them. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It's all good, as someone that makes a lot of small characters, it's something I see a lot of variance with. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

<Pokes head in looks around walks back out>


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
I don't get having 1d3 weapon damage, there is no three sided dice! "Just ignore the four" they say. Four is the best number on a four sided dice, do you know how frustrating it can be to roll four after four after four, and then they say "Oh, well, that's a three" It's clearly a four!

Who says that? That is objectively false.

A d3 gives even odds of getting a 1, a 2, and a 3. "Roll 1d4, treat 4s as 3s" gives 50% odds of getting a 3 and 25% odds of getting 1 and 2.

/math nerd

** spoiler omitted **

That will make it worse on poor captain yesterday, who will now have to look at a 4 and discard it to reroll. There's potential for multiple discards of a result of 4, and that would make him even sadder. At least with the older method, he was getting more results of 3. ;)

Yes, I understand the math.


Book 2 of our KM was, as I recall, the most brutal of the books. That stem T in particular was stupidly dangerous.

Over-all, though, KM has t been all that bad, comparatively. Serpent's Skull was deadly, while CoT seemed to delight in random-flipping between "total-insta-doom with wrong move" and "probably cakewalk" territory.

After book three, the random encounter tables really aren't such a big deal in KM, as your party should ha be the resources to dictate their encounters on their own terms.

Silver Crusade

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
baron arem heshvaun wrote:

Humility aside, and by God's good Grace, I'm pretty fit.

For a gamer of my age, I am extremely fit.

Then Gay Pride descends in the Hamptons and I feel like a short fat clumsy potato compared to these men who dress better than me and have more charm in their pinky than I have on my best suave day.

I don't have Gay hate. I have the opposite. I'm Gay jealous.

How come my butt does not look as good in these jeans!

indeed, I can back this u p- the baron is a man of amazing svelteness and swagger. But my god man, gay men have taken the Prestige class, there's no competing with them, I don't even get upset anymore when women fawn over them. I can't even begin to compete at maximum black manliness with the safety limiters removed.

*tries to suck in gut*

*fails to be convincing*


4 people marked this as a favorite.

90 degrees at 1am.
F!+& you Florida.
F#*# YOU FLORIDA!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
thegreenteagamer wrote:

90 degrees at 1am.

F##@ you Florida.
F#$& YOU FLORIDA!

Hmn... From what the thermostat says, it is on cool. I think I will turn it up to normal.

Edit - My wife hates the humidity combined with the heat here in the South.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Sweden is much better. Never really goes above 90 degrees Fahrenheit (yeah, I did the maths for you, you measurement-challenged people =) ), even in the most "sweltering" summer.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

83 with 41% humidity in Tucson @ midnight

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Storming in Kansas tonight and they say all next week.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
thegreenteagamer wrote:

90 degrees at 1am.

F##@ you Florida.
F#$& YOU FLORIDA!

Hmn... From what the thermostat says, it is on cool. I think I will turn it up to normal.

Edit - My wife hates the humidity combined with the heat here in the South.

If everyone's air conditioning went out in Florida, 10% of the population would be murdered in angry rages in just the first week.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Maybe wes should offer them Floridans some insoorance. Youse knows, sos their ACs don't get all busted up. Thanks for the tip, kid. I could use a guy like you in my, ahh, "organization".


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I think we should convince Freehold to move to Florida.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

It would be wonderful if the temperature never got above 75 degrees Fahrenheit.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rawr! wrote:

I think we should convince Freehold to move to Florida.

there is only one reason I would even consider moving to Florida, and it ain't happening.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
It would be wonderful if the temperature never got above 75 degrees Fahrenheit.

Oh, yah, that happens all the time in Florida. It's because of the ocean, donchaknow.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Rawr! wrote:

I think we should convince Freehold to move to Florida.

there is only one reason I would even consider moving to Florida, and it ain't happening.

Is It to ride the newly opened Frozen ride? I hate to break it to you, but it's got crazy long lines because it breaks down every day. Five hours to wait in line is a bit extreme, even for me.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
X-TREME!! Captain Yesterday wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Rawr! wrote:

I think we should convince Freehold to move to Florida.

there is only one reason I would even consider moving to Florida, and it ain't happening.
Is It to ride the newly opened Frozen ride? I hate to break it to you, but it's got crazy long lines because it breaks down every day. Five hours to wait in line is a bit extreme, even for me.

Frozen ride, huh?

Lemme guess, it's beloved by critics for some reason, even though it's nothing particularly special, and rather mediocre?

That sounds like Frozen to me.

Oh, and for the whole "girl power" aspect, did people forget Mulan was a much better movie with way more girl power in it?

Oh, right, that movie didn't sell soundtracks you could put on in your kid's headphones in the backseat of the minivan to shut them the f$~$ up on the way to soccer practice.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm very interested in Freehold's reaction to this upcoming comic book cover: IDW's Revolution #2.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Actually, pretty spot on about the Frozen ride. It breaks down often, and has lines anywhere from an hour to five hours, but it gets rave reviews because of it's incredibly life like animatronics, which again, break down often, and it's artful use of the soundtrack, which is, as you say, mediocre.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
I'm very interested in Freehold's reaction to this upcoming comic book cover: IDW's Revolution #2.

*sigh*

Idw, I used to love and respect you so much...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
thegreenteagamer wrote:
X-TREME!! Captain Yesterday wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Rawr! wrote:

I think we should convince Freehold to move to Florida.

there is only one reason I would even consider moving to Florida, and it ain't happening.
Is It to ride the newly opened Frozen ride? I hate to break it to you, but it's got crazy long lines because it breaks down every day. Five hours to wait in line is a bit extreme, even for me.

Frozen ride, huh?

Lemme guess, it's beloved by critics for some reason, even though it's nothing particularly special, and rather mediocre?

That sounds like Frozen to me.

Oh, and for the whole "girl power" aspect, did people forget Mulan was a much better movie with way more girl power in it?

Oh, right, that movie didn't sell soundtracks you could put on in your kid's headphones in the backseat of the minivan to shut them the f$!# up on the way to soccer practice.

arguments break our regularly in my circle of friends as to whether or not mu lan was girl power-y or not.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

And which side do you fall on.

I'm genuinely curious. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
thegreenteagamer wrote:
X-TREME!! Captain Yesterday wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Rawr! wrote:

I think we should convince Freehold to move to Florida.

there is only one reason I would even consider moving to Florida, and it ain't happening.
Is It to ride the newly opened Frozen ride? I hate to break it to you, but it's got crazy long lines because it breaks down every day. Five hours to wait in line is a bit extreme, even for me.

Frozen ride, huh?

Lemme guess, it's beloved by critics for some reason, even though it's nothing particularly special, and rather mediocre?

That sounds like Frozen to me.

Oh, and for the whole "girl power" aspect, did people forget Mulan was a much better movie with way more girl power in it?

Oh, right, that movie didn't sell soundtracks you could put on in your kid's headphones in the backseat of the minivan to shut them the f$!# up on the way to soccer practice.

arguments break our regularly in my circle of friends as to whether or not mu lan was girl power-y or not.

There are knives and chains involved...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
I'm very interested in Freehold's reaction to this upcoming comic book cover: IDW's Revolution #2.

Bitterness?

Remorse?

Dissatisfaction?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Pea Bear's favorite girl power type song


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

And which side do you fall on.

I'm genuinely curious. :-)

I hate disney. So I don't really care.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

We're in agreement then. :-)


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm more of a Warner Brothers guy, myself.

Bugs was the shiz. He instilled in me a smartass attitude that lives on to this day.

Daffy was a bastard, but a loveable bastard. My favorite character.


Rawr! wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
I'm very interested in Freehold's reaction to this upcoming comic book cover: IDW's Revolution #2.

Bitterness?

Remorse?

Dissatisfaction?

yes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
thegreenteagamer wrote:
Kingmaker difficulty stuff

I'm finding it's a bit too easy for my all-evil group, personally. I even added in Carnival of Tears, and it's still a cakewalk for them in most cases. But then again, their party-makeup is probably a major contributor to that. We've got:

  • A Tiefling Fiendish Vessel Cleric (of the bad touch variety)
  • Gnome Mesmerist (vanilla)
  • Tiefling Witch (vanilla and crafting whore)
  • Human Court Bard (Focusing on Enchantments and Charms)

They have begun to referring to themselves as debuff-mancers. Between Slumber Hex, the Cleric's bad touches, the mesmerist, and the court bard keeping them all safe with its abilities, it's hard for a lot of encounters to really challenge them. The only time they really began to sweat was when they were fighting the Cold Rider from Carnival of Tears, and that's because of his spell resistance.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

So many! Can't choose.

Speedy Gonzales was always good for adult jokes.

Wile E. Coyote had some great ideas, just needed a reliable supplier.

Tasmanian Devil vs bugs is always classic. "Why for do you bury me in the cold, cold ground" - Tasmanian Devil.

Foghorn Leghorn is right up there to.

My parents knew a guy growing up that looked exactly like Yosemite Sam, hilarious guy!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
I'm very interested in Freehold's reaction to this upcoming comic book cover: IDW's Revolution #2.

*sigh*

Idw, I used to love and respect you so much...

Sorry. I thought you'd be excited to see the two together. Is it that they're "fighting" each other? 'Cause that's standard comic book good guy behavior. Or something else?

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I learned last night there is a thing called the ACA, The american cornhole association.

143,301 to 143,350 of 239,857 << first < prev | 2862 | 2863 | 2864 | 2865 | 2866 | 2867 | 2868 | 2869 | 2870 | 2871 | 2872 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.