Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

236,451 to 236,500 of 238,658 << first < prev | 4725 | 4726 | 4727 | 4728 | 4729 | 4730 | 4731 | 4732 | 4733 | 4734 | 4735 | next > last >>

3 people marked this as a favorite.

NEVER ROB A MAGICIAN


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I can see (too much) you already tried.


Just part of the show everyone! ~puts my scales back on~


Praying for your Mom, gran. Hope she mends quickly.


I hope your mom heals smoothly and swiftly.


Sharoth wrote:
Just part of the show everyone! ~puts my scales back on~

Zim bom balla boo,

Disappearing pants have you.


gran rey de los mono wrote:
And in not good news, my Mom is back in the hospital. I got a call from my Dad this morning that she was in a lot of pain and had blood in her stool, so he called their doctor and was told to get her to the ER. She couldn't walk to the car, so had to call an ambulance. She's been admitted to Intermediate Care, being given blood and pain meds, and now we're waiting for test results. Hopefully it's nothing serious, but who knows?

Good luck, gran.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I love the emails from our elementary school "Join us for a competition free art night!".

This is Crestwood, it will absolutely be competitive (between the parents).


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I just saw a nine-foot tall mole marry a three-foot-wide spider.

This is a weird puppet play.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

So, this is the kind of thing that just incenses people about government waste, in spite of the fact that I've seen corporations do it too. (Because people have this weird idea that corporations don't waste hundreds of thousands of dollars on stupid projects.)

As I mentioned, in April they shut down our street to replace all the sewer lines. Annoying, but OK, it had to be done.

In June, they re-paved all the streets. Nice.

In August, the electric company came through and tore up significant sections of the brand new street. Eediots.

Now in December, the water company is back, replacing more pipes.

So, er... WHY did we have the road repaved if we knew (as we MUST have) that so much work was going to be done after the fact?

Grr....

(and jackhammers in my head)


Good luck Gran!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
NobodysHome wrote:
So, er... WHY did we have the road repaved if we knew (as we MUST have) that so much work was going to be done after the fact?

Because residents and "I pay your salary" taxpayers have made it quite clear in the past that they'd rather pay for road repairs than for 9 months of extra car maintenance and alignments.

It only takes one negligence lawsuit to eat up the savings of not paving for 9 months.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Sorry to hear about your mom gran! That sucks!!

Let me know if you need anything, a wall, patio, boulder carved into a bowl, that sort of thing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

So, this is the kind of thing that just incenses people about government waste, in spite of the fact that I've seen corporations do it too. (Because people have this weird idea that corporations don't waste hundreds of thousands of dollars on stupid projects.)

As I mentioned, in April they shut down our street to replace all the sewer lines. Annoying, but OK, it had to be done.

In June, they re-paved all the streets. Nice.

In August, the electric company came through and tore up significant sections of the brand new street. Eediots.

Now in December, the water company is back, replacing more pipes.

So, er... WHY did we have the road repaved if we knew (as we MUST have) that so much work was going to be done after the fact?

Grr....

(and jackhammers in my head)

And then you have Rockford, Illinois, which will put up cones and barriers, closing off sections of road for six months, not do s@*%, and then take it all down until next season.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hello, everyone.


gran rey de los mono wrote:
And in not good news, my Mom is back in the hospital. I got a call from my Dad this morning that she was in a lot of pain and had blood in her stool, so he called their doctor and was told to get her to the ER. She couldn't walk to the car, so had to call an ambulance. She's been admitted to Intermediate Care, being given blood and pain meds, and now we're waiting for test results. Hopefully it's nothing serious, but who knows?

Oof! I somehow missed this post!

I'm so sorry, my friend, that's rough.

She (and you all) are in prayer.


CrystalSeas wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
So, er... WHY did we have the road repaved if we knew (as we MUST have) that so much work was going to be done after the fact?

Because residents and "I pay your salary" taxpayers have made it quite clear in the past that they'd rather pay for road repairs than for 9 months of extra car maintenance and alignments.

It only takes one negligence lawsuit to eat up the savings of not paving for 9 months.

I have so many arguments against that...

...except...
I suspect you're right anyway...

(Road wasn't in bad enough shape to merit negligence lawsuits; it's a 25'-wide residential street that sees fewer than 200 cars a day; yadda yadda yadda... but... lawsuits...)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Got back from the doctor and... the street is entirely closed!

No notice; no signs on our windshields or anything. Just, "Sorry, your street is closed today."

So...

April: Roofers are ready to begin on new roof. City closes street.
December: Fireplace guys are installing new fireplace. City closes street.

I'm thinking the city may be trying to tell me something...


7 people marked this as a favorite.

And a bit of politics of the "OK Boomer" persuasion:

Politics:

A woman honestly and earnestly wrote to the local paper this morning, pointing out that since research shows that the human brain doesn't fully develop until 25 or 26 years old, we should raise the voting age to 26, because, "We don't want people who aren't thinking clearly to participate in our elections."

In other words, since the latest generation seems far more politically active than Gen X or Gen Y, let's take away their voting power by fiat.

What about the whole, "Strong research shows that a person's mental capacity starts declining at 45, so we shouldn't let people over 45 vote or run for office?"

We can live Logan's Run!

Plus, I just looked it up. Reagon was 69 when he was elected to his first term, and 73 when he became the oldest president ever elected.

What about this election? Trump will be 74. Biden will be 78. Bernie Sanders will be 79. Elizabeth Warren will be 71.

So yep... after all the complaints Boomers are having about being disrespected, not only will our next president be a boomer, they will also almost certainly be the oldest president ever elected.

I do NOT consider this "progress".

Scarab Sages

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

Happy Sinterklaas everyone!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

I just saw a nine-foot tall mole marry a three-foot-wide spider.

This is a weird puppet play.

It's definitely a puppet play?

You haven't been eating out-of-date yogurts again?

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
Yeah, our public school system in Texas is pretty awful. Like pre-Scopes-trial awful. No, that's not an exaggeration.
You have got to be s*$~ting me.
She's not. At all.

Late to the party, but yes, 100% serious.

If anything, Lisa is underselling how bad it is.

Look up a man named Aron Ra. He's been fighting with the Texas BOE for nearly 20 years on this nonsense.

Louisiana has it, by some impossible measure, even worse. Their classes include reading straight from Biblical text as literal history and their textbooks refer to American slaves as "workers", the KKK as "respected community leaders promoting morality", and Mark Twain as "a confused hack ranting against upstanding moral structures", among many, many other "issues".

Shadow Lodge

Tacticslion wrote:
(And whatever ‘mancy “harnessing Lightning and Light by channeling it through little interconnected runes and lines to generate visual and audible illusions” is.)

Probably Illusion. :P Or more specifically, Evocation-Powered Illusion.


Orthos wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
Yeah, our public school system in Texas is pretty awful. Like pre-Scopes-trial awful. No, that's not an exaggeration.
You have got to be s*$~ting me.
She's not. At all.

Late to the party, but yes, 100% serious.

If anything, Lisa is underselling how bad it is.

Look up a man named Aron Ra. He's been fighting with the Texas BOE for nearly 20 years on this nonsense.

Louisiana has it, by some impossible measure, even worse. Their classes include reading straight from Biblical text as literal history and their textbooks refer to American slaves as "workers", the KKK as "respected community leaders promoting morality", and Mark Twain as "a confused hack ranting against upstanding moral structures", among many, many other "issues".

this has to be some kind of joke.

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
Yeah, our public school system in Texas is pretty awful. Like pre-Scopes-trial awful. No, that's not an exaggeration.
You have got to be s*$~ting me.
She's not. At all.

Late to the party, but yes, 100% serious.

If anything, Lisa is underselling how bad it is.

Look up a man named Aron Ra. He's been fighting with the Texas BOE for nearly 20 years on this nonsense.

Louisiana has it, by some impossible measure, even worse. Their classes include reading straight from Biblical text as literal history and their textbooks refer to American slaves as "workers", the KKK as "respected community leaders promoting morality", and Mark Twain as "a confused hack ranting against upstanding moral structures", among many, many other "issues".

this has to be some kind of joke.

Sadly, it is not.


Orthos wrote:
textbooks refer to American slaves as "workers", the KKK as "respected community leaders promoting morality",
Freehold DM wrote:
this has to be some kind of joke.
Orthos wrote:
Sadly, it is not.

I... what. What.

>:(

Grand Lodge

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

It's a concerted effort to rewrite the past, to better control the future.


So, for space we went with the smaller, 21,000 BTU fireplace, rather than the full-sized, 30,000 BTU fireplace.

It is installed, and has to run on full blast for 4 hours to finalize all the seals.

I am happy I only got the 21,000 BTU model; otherwise I think I'd die of heat stroke...


NobodysHome wrote:

So, this is the kind of thing that just incenses people about government waste, in spite of the fact that I've seen corporations do it too. (Because people have this weird idea that corporations don't waste hundreds of thousands of dollars on stupid projects.)

As I mentioned, in April they shut down our street to replace all the sewer lines. Annoying, but OK, it had to be done.

In June, they re-paved all the streets. Nice.

In August, the electric company came through and tore up significant sections of the brand new street. Eediots.

Now in December, the water company is back, replacing more pipes.

So, er... WHY did we have the road repaved if we knew (as we MUST have) that so much work was going to be done after the fact?

Grr....

(and jackhammers in my head)

different companies, different properties.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
Yeah, our public school system in Texas is pretty awful. Like pre-Scopes-trial awful. No, that's not an exaggeration.
You have got to be s*$~ting me.
She's not. At all.

Late to the party, but yes, 100% serious.

If anything, Lisa is underselling how bad it is.

Look up a man named Aron Ra. He's been fighting with the Texas BOE for nearly 20 years on this nonsense.

Louisiana has it, by some impossible measure, even worse. Their classes include reading straight from Biblical text as literal history and their textbooks refer to American slaves as "workers", the KKK as "respected community leaders promoting morality", and Mark Twain as "a confused hack ranting against upstanding moral structures", among many, many other "issues".

this has to be some kind of joke.

This is Texas.

The sheer idiocy of our state government is what made Molly Ivins the firebrand she was.
How stupid is Texas? At the risk of flaming bikes, I am unable to answer that question on this thread.
But, as I keep on saying, politically, Texas today is California thirty years ago, in terms of balance of power between the parties, and the influence held by agribusiness.
Except for our school system. That's a special kind of stupid.


Well, so much for that.

GothBard insisted that everything be "black, black, black". She ordered a straight black brick pattern for the back of the fireplace.

The guy said, "We do that by getting red bricks and painting them black."

He ordered red bricks in a hideous herringbone pattern.

GothBard is displeased.

And yes, the poor installers are going to have to rip out and replace the fireplace with the one we ordered.

Ouch.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Well, so much for that.

GothBard insisted that everything be "black, black, black". She ordered a straight black brick pattern for the back of the fireplace.

The guy said, "We do that by getting red bricks and painting them black."

He ordered red bricks in a hideous herringbone pattern.

GothBard is displeased.

And yes, the poor installers are going to have to rip out and replace the fireplace with the one we ordered.

Ouch.

They're painting the roses red black,

They're painting the roses black,
They dare not stop
Or waste a drop
Or their heads they will lack!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Woran wrote:
Happy Sinterklaas everyone!

Happy Sinterklaas, Woran!

And, because it's Sinterklaas and the time for sharing gifts, for those of you who would like some totally wrong and inappropriate humor, here is David Sedaris reading his essay on his understanding of Sinterklaas, "Six to Eight Black Men".


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Well, it's just stressful because the contractors did a bang-up job, have been really good guys, and they're the ones getting hosed because the sales guy (who just sits in a shop) screwed up.

It's what I hate about the sales process -- the people who do the actual work always get the short end of the stick.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thanksgiving is officially over.

After the kids went to bed, I chopped up the last of the meat and made two large pot pies and put them in the freezer, and then threw the last of the bones and bits into the crock pot on high to make turkey stock to freeze for next year. I hate buying canned stock.

If we're *really* lucky, no one gets food poisoning.


About to go home. Good night, everyone.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Well, so much for that.

GothBard insisted that everything be "black, black, black". She ordered a straight black brick pattern for the back of the fireplace.

The guy said, "We do that by getting red bricks and painting them black."

He ordered red bricks in a hideous herringbone pattern.

GothBard is displeased.

And yes, the poor installers are going to have to rip out and replace the fireplace with the one we ordered.

Ouch.

Would she have been happier if the bricks were laid in such a way as to resemble an actual herring skeleton?


4 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Well, so much for that.

GothBard insisted that everything be "black, black, black". She ordered a straight black

buys bus ticket

I was prepared for this.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:

Well, it's just stressful because the contractors did a bang-up job, have been really good guys, and they're the ones getting hosed because the sales guy (who just sits in a shop) screwed up.

It's what I hate about the sales process -- the people who do the actual work always get the short end of the stick.

That's weird, I've been putting in black bricks all week.

Two different kinds and shades of black.

Sounds like someone is full of s~@!.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Texas had the cheapest houses, most affordable cost of living, among the best food, friendliest people, and some of the best weather I ever experienced when I lived there.

And I still wouldn't move back if someone gave me a free house. It was the most proud-to-be-ignorant culture I ever experienced. I would take Florida-exiled-New-Yorkers at a 20 to 1 ratio before I would voluntarily associate with such a closed minded bigoted community as I experienced that year.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

We almost moved to Texas but in a week we saw a dead body and I almost died twice.

I'm never going back.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

Well, it's just stressful because the contractors did a bang-up job, have been really good guys, and they're the ones getting hosed because the sales guy (who just sits in a shop) screwed up.

It's what I hate about the sales process -- the people who do the actual work always get the short end of the stick.

That's weird, I've been putting in black bricks all week.

Two different kinds and shades of black.

Sounds like someone is full of s*!@.

Um,... Yeah,...

It's a salesperson NH is talking about, right?
Of COURSE they're full of $#!&.
O_o

Old joke,
'How can you tell when a salesperson is lying? Easy. their lips are moving.'

;P

And absolutely agree with the 'workers always get hosed' opinion.
It is just,... true. ;P


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I'm getting hosed quite literally today as I'm cutting pavers.

It's not supposed to get above freezing today.

Yup.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
Woran wrote:
Happy Sinterklaas everyone!

Happy Sinterklaas, Woran!

And, because it's Sinterklaas and the time for sharing gifts, for those of you who would like some totally wrong and inappropriate humor, here is David Sedaris reading his essay on his understanding of Sinterklaas, "Six to Eight Black Men".

...

What.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Male Student: Wait, you're telling me the Queen [of England] doesn't do anything, but people still listen to her, and she's rich as hell? I wanna be a queen!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

I'm getting hosed quite literally today as I'm cutting pavers.

It's not supposed to get above freezing today.

Yup.

They were doing a lot of that around the streets I drive everyday. Looks, un-fun.

the opposite of fun.

And that was ABOVE freezing!
;P

Stay healthy! :)

PS- Its up to 80 here today.

2 days ago it was down to 32. (Barely)

WTF with all the roller-coaster weather?!?

I can deal with cold, I can deal with hot.

But turning on the heater at night, and the AC during the day?!?

,... MAKE UP YOUR FRIGGIN' MIND!!!

<Shakes fist at Weather Dominator>


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ragadolf wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

I'm getting hosed quite literally today as I'm cutting pavers.

It's not supposed to get above freezing today.

Yup.

They were doing a lot of that around the streets I drive everyday. Looks, un-fun.

the opposite of fun.

And that was ABOVE freezing!
;P

Stay healthy! :)

PS- Its up to 80 here today.

2 days ago it was down to 32. (Barely)

WTF with all the roller-coaster weather?!?

I can deal with cold, I can deal with hot.

But turning on the heater at night, and the AC during the day?!?

,... MAKE UP YOUR FRIGGIN' MIND!!!

<Shakes fist at Weather Dominator>

fiddles around

Scarab Sages

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
lisamarlene wrote:
Woran wrote:
Happy Sinterklaas everyone!

Happy Sinterklaas, Woran!

And, because it's Sinterklaas and the time for sharing gifts, for those of you who would like some totally wrong and inappropriate humor, here is David Sedaris reading his essay on his understanding of Sinterklaas, "Six to Eight Black Men".

Thank you!

And today, is an even better holliday (now that I'm an adult).

Discount chocolate day!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Making progress today, only three more rows and the caps to install on the outdoor house and then we're done for the year.

After that, it's shoveling snow and snuggling with the wife/milkmaid until April.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:


After that, it's shoveling snow and snuggling with the wife/milkmaid until April.

grumbles

236,451 to 236,500 of 238,658 << first < prev | 4725 | 4726 | 4727 | 4728 | 4729 | 4730 | 4731 | 4732 | 4733 | 4734 | 4735 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.