Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

144,451 to 144,500 of 240,637 << first < prev | 2885 | 2886 | 2887 | 2888 | 2889 | 2890 | 2891 | 2892 | 2893 | 2894 | 2895 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

But big enough to mistakenly send luggage to. :-)

Captain Yesterday fun fact: I once lived in New York... Wisconsin, which I believe had a population of unincorporated. :-)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

You probably scared them off with your nudity.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

But big enough to mistakenly send luggage to. :-)

Captain Yesterday fun fact: I once lived in New York... Wisconsin, which I believe had a population of unincorporated. :-)

In Kansas, where everything gets lost.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Including your soul...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

That Pittsburg is not immune to tornadic activity, however.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Also, fun Rawr! fact: I competed in math competitions at Pittsburg State University when I was in high school.

Nerd for life!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

With how hot is, good luck getting clothes on me, not without a struggle at least.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Rawr! wrote:

Including your soul...

Midwestern ghost towns are some scary places. :-)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Rawr! wrote:

Including your soul...

Midwestern ghost towns are some scary places. :-)

My dad was a missileer for a few years, and he liked to tell stories about towns devoid of people when they drove through in the middle of the day.

Silver Crusade

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Rawr! wrote:

Also, fun Rawr! fact: I competed in math competitions at Pittsburg State University when I was in high school.

Nerd for life!

Pfft. Nerd.

The cool kids like me knew to go for Speech & Debate and the trivia team.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Her's one we stopped at, the bar was in the feedstore, and the bank was in a house. we walked into the post office, door open, midday tuesday, no holiday, and lights off, we had lunch at a park and everything.

never saw a single person.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Rawr! wrote:

Also, fun Rawr! fact: I competed in math competitions at Pittsburg State University when I was in high school.

Nerd for life!

Pfft. Nerd.

The cool kids like me knew to go for Speech & Debate and the trivia team.

I got to join the cool kids on the quiz bowl team.

I tried debate for a year, but I found out I was terrible at arguing my point.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Her's one we stopped at, the bar was in the feedstore, and the bank was in a house. we walked into the post office, door open, midday tuesday, no holiday, and lights off, we had lunch at a park and everything.

never saw a single person.

If you had, you wouldn't have been able to post about it.

Grand Lodge

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:
It bothers me that you keep misspelling Pittsburgh. :-)

I'm American you know. We don't bother with geography.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Touche!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

No tornadoes, some flash floods and wicked winds that blew a big branch down in the front yard while Pea Bear was watching the storm.

Also, thankfully, it dropped the temperature 20 degrees.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Hmmm... It's July isn't it time for Freehold to switch on his weather dominator and send in a blizzard?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Nope, I'm not nearly done with summer.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Batman vs Superman came out on video pretty early. Is it THAT bad? I liked the trailers, will I feel ripped off if I get it. :-)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I have the second D&D movie to look forward to.

I doubt it'll be as spectacular as the first one - no Jeremy Irons - but I live in hope.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Friday already? Huh, I kinda lost track of time.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You know what might be good for a D&D movie.
Have them cut back and forth as the movie plays out between the people playing the game and the actual characters. You could be meta and hilarious while the main plot stays serious. Just like the magic of sitting down with friends at a table.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

No opinion on Batman vs Superman?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aranna wrote:

You know what might be good for a D&D movie.

Have them cut back and forth as the movie plays out between the people playing the game and the actual characters. You could be meta and hilarious while the main plot stays serious. Just like the magic of sitting down with friends at a table.

So...like the Gamers series of movies by Dead Gentlemen? Which are hilarious.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
No opinion on Batman vs Superman?

I haven't seen it, but one of my friends said that, in his opinion, Ben Affleck was the best part. He also said it felt like it was about an hour too long, mainly because they were trying to squeeze in all the cameos for the people who are to be in the Justice League movie.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Drugs are bad, mm'kay! they make you do stupid stuff, mm'kay! like rob your own bank. mm'kay.


gran rey de los mono wrote:
Aranna wrote:

You know what might be good for a D&D movie.

Have them cut back and forth as the movie plays out between the people playing the game and the actual characters. You could be meta and hilarious while the main plot stays serious. Just like the magic of sitting down with friends at a table.
So...like the Gamers series of movies by Dead Gentlemen? Which are hilarious.

Yeah similar but with a big budget and top notch actors. Also in Gamers the in game is just as goofy as the out of game, it might be fun to see a juxtaposition serious against meta.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
No opinion on Batman vs Superman?

It was the most enjoyable movie I have watched that I find utterly unmemorable.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Back to Alameda this morning, and for two more weeks hereafter. Still work in San Francisco Sunday and Monday. Think I like Alameda. Constant physical labor, but it's not murderously hard or anything, we don't have to follow normal store dress code (cargo shorts make all the difference), we see a lot of new merchandise before anyone else, we get an hour lunch instead of half amd everyone goes together (in a store it's one at a time only, because we typically have four to six people on shift at a time need floor coverage), and there's never any customers. Fake stores are awesome.

Unfortunately, set up job is only four weeks, and I can only do three, because I'm working full time hours to do it, and if I work full time for four weeks straight, the company is legally required to offer me a permanent full time position, which they will not do. Not that I'd take it. Full time is nice for now, but I've been doing 16 units in Spring annd 6 in Summer with my normal 28 hour weeks, and I'm ready for my August summer break soon, and am not working full time in Fall semester.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
No opinion on Batman vs Superman?

I didn't enjoy it. There were good moments, but overall it was a joyless slog for me. I liked the other superhero movie offerings this year better than BvS.

Opinions vary wildly on the movie, though, and I've heard that the extended cut in the movie helps explain things better, or at least build up revelations better.

If you liked Man of Steel, you will like this movie.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cap'n Yesterday's Summer Dreams wrote:
Nope, I'm not nearly done with summer.

I heard "done with summer".

turns on weather dominator


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Rawr! wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
No opinion on Batman vs Superman?

I didn't enjoy it. There were good moments, but overall it was a joyless slog for me. I liked the other superhero movie offerings this year better than BvS.

Opinions vary wildly on the movie, though, and I've heard that the extended cut in the movie helps explain things better, or at least build up revelations better.

If you liked Man of Steel, you will like this movie.

I've never seen Man of Steel, I am however, a life long Batman fan, the problem is, the movies, outside of the Dark Knight series, are all over the place as far as quality. So I'm a bit more hesitant to blindly buy it like I did for Ant-Man and Dead Pool, which are both, my favorite super hero movies. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Rawr! wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
No opinion on Batman vs Superman?

I didn't enjoy it. There were good moments, but overall it was a joyless slog for me. I liked the other superhero movie offerings this year better than BvS.

Opinions vary wildly on the movie, though, and I've heard that the extended cut in the movie helps explain things better, or at least build up revelations better.

If you liked Man of Steel, you will like this movie.

I've never seen Man of Steel, I am however, a life long Batman fan, the problem is, the movies, outside of the Dark Knight series, are all over the place as far as quality. So I'm a bit more hesitant to blindly buy it like I did for Ant-Man and Dead Pool, which are both, my favorite super hero movies. :-)

Well, the Batman-focused scenes were the best parts of the movie, for what it's worth.

BvS is on the opposite end of the "fun" spectrum from Ant-Man and Deadpool, though. ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Cap'n Yesterday's Summer Dreams wrote:
Nope, I'm not nearly done with summer.

I heard "done with summer".

turns on weather dominator

turns Summer Collider up to "Cliche New Yorkers opening fire hydrants in the streets" hot.

What was that, you want it warmer! Okay, if you insist...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Hey, Freehold... :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rawr! wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Rawr! wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
No opinion on Batman vs Superman?

I didn't enjoy it. There were good moments, but overall it was a joyless slog for me. I liked the other superhero movie offerings this year better than BvS.

Opinions vary wildly on the movie, though, and I've heard that the extended cut in the movie helps explain things better, or at least build up revelations better.

If you liked Man of Steel, you will like this movie.

I've never seen Man of Steel, I am however, a life long Batman fan, the problem is, the movies, outside of the Dark Knight series, are all over the place as far as quality. So I'm a bit more hesitant to blindly buy it like I did for Ant-Man and Dead Pool, which are both, my favorite super hero movies. :-)

Well, the Batman-focused scenes were the best parts of the movie, for what it's worth.

BvS is on the opposite end of the "fun" spectrum from Ant-Man and Deadpool, though. ;)

interesting, as I loved both man of steel and ant man, yet found bvs to be okay.

Ant man is one of my favorite heroes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Hey, Freehold... :)

marries amby


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Rawr! wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Rawr! wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
No opinion on Batman vs Superman?

I didn't enjoy it. There were good moments, but overall it was a joyless slog for me. I liked the other superhero movie offerings this year better than BvS.

Opinions vary wildly on the movie, though, and I've heard that the extended cut in the movie helps explain things better, or at least build up revelations better.

If you liked Man of Steel, you will like this movie.

I've never seen Man of Steel, I am however, a life long Batman fan, the problem is, the movies, outside of the Dark Knight series, are all over the place as far as quality. So I'm a bit more hesitant to blindly buy it like I did for Ant-Man and Dead Pool, which are both, my favorite super hero movies. :-)

Well, the Batman-focused scenes were the best parts of the movie, for what it's worth.

BvS is on the opposite end of the "fun" spectrum from Ant-Man and Deadpool, though. ;)

interesting, as I loved both man of steel and ant man, yet found bvs to be okay.

Ant man is one of my favorite heroes.

I liked BvS better than MoS, because the overall tone fit Batman better. I've come to terms with the fact that Zack Snyder-helmed movies are not for me. :)

Ant-Man was a lot of fun, and way better than I expected it to be. I've never been a fan of the character like you or CY, though. I'm glad the movie lived up to your expectations.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

So if I don't like anime or comic books that makes me a ...

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I have been a very busy boy packing up the house. We are moving down the road to Pleasanton.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Sounds pleasant. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Rawr! wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Rawr! wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Rawr! wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
No opinion on Batman vs Superman?

I didn't enjoy it. There were good moments, but overall it was a joyless slog for me. I liked the other superhero movie offerings this year better than BvS.

Opinions vary wildly on the movie, though, and I've heard that the extended cut in the movie helps explain things better, or at least build up revelations better.

If you liked Man of Steel, you will like this movie.

I've never seen Man of Steel, I am however, a life long Batman fan, the problem is, the movies, outside of the Dark Knight series, are all over the place as far as quality. So I'm a bit more hesitant to blindly buy it like I did for Ant-Man and Dead Pool, which are both, my favorite super hero movies. :-)

Well, the Batman-focused scenes were the best parts of the movie, for what it's worth.

BvS is on the opposite end of the "fun" spectrum from Ant-Man and Deadpool, though. ;)

interesting, as I loved both man of steel and ant man, yet found bvs to be okay.

Ant man is one of my favorite heroes.

I liked BvS better than MoS, because the overall tone fit Batman better. I've come to terms with the fact that Zack Snyder-helmed movies are not for me. :)

Ant-Man was a lot of fun, and way better than I expected it to be. I've never been a fan of the character like you or CY, though. I'm glad the movie lived up to your expectations.

Well, I'm not a comic book person, so I honestly never heard of Ant-Man before the movie, however it's an awesome movie, as far as Zach Snyder goes, for all it's good parts, The Watchmen pissed me off, but again, I never read the comic book.

Guardians of the Galaxy was another pleasant surprise.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

There have been a plethora of shootings on the highway near our town so it's time to leave


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Lot of damage around the neighborhood from the storm last night.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
I have been a very busy boy packing up the house. We are moving down the road to Pleasanton.

My grandparents lived in Pleasanton for 40 years. It seemed like a nice place from what I remember during visits with them.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Pleasanton's pretty nice, but can you get into Dublin? It's like Albany -- right next to a bigger town (Pleasanton), but with a lower crime rate (from what I've heard).


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Well, I'm not a comic book person, so I honestly never heard of Ant-Man before the movie, however it's an awesome movie, as far as Zach Snyder goes, for all it's good parts, The Watchmen pissed me off, but again, I never read the comic book.

Guardians of the Galaxy was another pleasant surprise.

Oops. Pardon my conflation.

I read Watchmen, and, while it hasn't aged entirely well (it's very '80s), I liked what Alan Moore was trying to do. The movie weirdly recreated scenes panel-by-panel from the series and simultaneously made stupid divergences from the source material.

Guardians of the Galaxy is still my favorite Marvel movie.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rawr! wrote:
Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
I have been a very busy boy packing up the house. We are moving down the road to Pleasanton.

My grandparents lived in Pleasanton for 40 years. It seemed like a nice place from what I remember during visits with them.

You had relatives out here, small world

NH wrote:
Pleasanton's pretty nice, but can you get into Dublin? It's like Albany -- right next to a bigger town (Pleasanton), but with a lower crime rate (from what I've heard).

One of the first things I checked was the crime rate around where I'm living and there isn't a lot. Your right though Dublin has come a long way


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Yeah, I would probably rate my favorite comic book movies would probably be

1. Ant-Man
2. Deadpool
3. Guardians of the Galaxy, which are all pretty much tied for first, depending on mood
4. Batman Begins
5. Iron Man
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
7. The Avengers


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I just want my own Silver Centurion briefcase armor from Iron Man 2.

144,451 to 144,500 of 240,637 << first < prev | 2885 | 2886 | 2887 | 2888 | 2889 | 2890 | 2891 | 2892 | 2893 | 2894 | 2895 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.