Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

171,501 to 171,550 of 243,659 << first < prev | 3426 | 3427 | 3428 | 3429 | 3430 | 3431 | 3432 | 3433 | 3434 | 3435 | 3436 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Good morning, everyone. Of course I'm naked. I'm about to take a shower to go to work.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

And a final bit of silliness: We're playing a PRD-only campaign and I'll soon need to choose a 7th-level spell for my life oracle. I'm looking at either:

  • Holy Word: Wonderfully powerful, but considering it's a pirate-themed game so she's the only good-aligned character in the party, she'd have to run off into the boonies to avoid harming her party and slaughtering her crew. Funny, but less-than-ideal
  • Jolting Portent: Take that, enemy casters!

  • Anyone have any others they'd recommend? Otherwise I'm kind of stuck. Role-playing wise, Holy Word is far more amusing: "I have an incredibly-powerful spell, but I can never use it!"
    Effectiveness-wise, Jolting Portent is likely to occasionally hamper enemy casters, but is hardly worth a 7th-level spell slot.

    I do like Waves of Ecstasy because it fits in with her character concept rather well, but I'm not sure how effective it would be at our level.

    I'm a big fan of Destruction.

    Also Dictum (Dictum? I barely know him!)

    I love Destruction, but it's not her personality.

    EDIT: Though being naked definitely is. Or at least scandalously-clad.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Orthos wrote:
    I guess I should probably make an appearance, if only because I was gonna start doing writeups of our new Savage Tide game sooner or later...

    Huzzah!


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Scintillae wrote:
    <_<

    Huzzah!


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Wow, nine and a half hours for a server crash. Is that a record?


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    I seem to remember once it was down for the entirety of a Sunday.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Freedom!


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    Freehold was right, the woods aren't safe!

    Got covered up to my neck in micro burrs walking the dog down this derelict trail.

    Had to throw away a crappy long sleeved T-shirt and a pair of barely acceptable long johns (I wear them as pajamas and then just slip on my shorts over them, ideally I'd change before taking Tiny T-Rex to school, but we all know that usually goes).


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    captain yesterday wrote:

    Freehold was right, the woods aren't safe!

    Got covered up to my neck in micro burrs walking the dog down this derelict trail.

    Had to throw away a crappy long sleeved T-shirt and a pair of barely acceptable long johns (I wear them as pajamas and then just slip on my shorts over them, ideally I'd change before taking Tiny T-Rex to school, but we all know that usually goes).

    I TOLD YOU


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Scintillae wrote:
    NobodysHome wrote:
    Scintillae wrote:
    Mostly poked around because I'm teaching some kids to play PF (one of them found out I played last spring and begged me to teach her. I told her get a group together, and we'll talk...so I have six high school kids being walked through their first PnP game ever) and wanted to poke about the AP forums. We're about midway through Edge of Anarchy.
    Be glad it's not boys. I could tell you stories about teenage boys and Pathfinder...
    Two boys, four girls. Two of the girls are flirting with literally every NPC we meet.

    This is my kinda game.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Orthos wrote:
    I guess I should probably make an appearance, if only because I was gonna start doing writeups of our new Savage Tide game sooner or later...

    ORTHOS

    FINAL FANTASY TACTICS
    ITS ON OUR PHONES NOW


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    lynora check your PMs


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    I fear today shall be the last sixty degree day until late March.

    It sure is nice though.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Cap'n Yesterday's Summer Dreams wrote:

    I fear today shall be the last sixty degree day until late March.

    It sure is nice though.

    places 60 degree day into coffin, nails it shut


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Tacticslion wrote:
    SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU BOOOOOTH~!

    WOW! The SHEER AWESOME of Orthos and Scint both showing up CRUSHED THE SERVER TO DEATH~!

    ... DO IT AGAIN~!

    XD

    Grand Lodge

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

    Oh, so that's what happened?


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Well this is annoying. Ever since yesterday, I have to log in every time I want to post here. Not sure if my laptop keeps deleting the Paizo cookie, or what.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Freehold DM wrote:
    Orthos wrote:
    I guess I should probably make an appearance, if only because I was gonna start doing writeups of our new Savage Tide game sooner or later...

    ORTHOS

    FINAL FANTASY TACTICS
    ITS ON OUR PHONES NOW

    Do go on.

    Of course I still have to finish DA Origins. And D3. And then download and play PS: Torment.

    But I've heard so many good things about FFT, I can't help myself.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    I have to log in every time I switch browsers or computers. This may be just a security feature.


    Tequila Sunrise wrote:
    Freehold DM wrote:
    Orthos wrote:
    I guess I should probably make an appearance, if only because I was gonna start doing writeups of our new Savage Tide game sooner or later...

    ORTHOS

    FINAL FANTASY TACTICS
    ITS ON OUR PHONES NOW

    Do go on.

    Of course I still have to finish DA Origins. And D3. And then download and play PS: Torment.

    But I've heard so many good things about FFT, I can't help myself.

    Most of what you've heard is probably true, but many are not.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Tacticslion wrote:
    Tequila Sunrise wrote:
    Freehold DM wrote:
    Orthos wrote:
    I guess I should probably make an appearance, if only because I was gonna start doing writeups of our new Savage Tide game sooner or later...

    ORTHOS

    FINAL FANTASY TACTICS
    ITS ON OUR PHONES NOW

    Do go on.

    Of course I still have to finish DA Origins. And D3. And then download and play PS: Torment.

    But I've heard so many good things about FFT, I can't help myself.

    Most of what you've heard is probably true, but many are not.

    Such as?


    Freehold DM wrote:
    Tacticslion wrote:
    Tequila Sunrise wrote:
    Freehold DM wrote:
    Orthos wrote:
    I guess I should probably make an appearance, if only because I was gonna start doing writeups of our new Savage Tide game sooner or later...

    ORTHOS

    FINAL FANTASY TACTICS
    ITS ON OUR PHONES NOW

    Do go on.

    Of course I still have to finish DA Origins. And D3. And then download and play PS: Torment.

    But I've heard so many good things about FFT, I can't help myself.

    Most of what you've heard is probably true, but many are not.
    Such as?

    Blarg. "Some" - I should have said "some" are not.

    And added "probably," instead of being so specific. That's what I get for being distracted while typing!

    Point is: there are a lot of rumors, and probably some exaggerations about the game that aren't true.

    But it's awesome and deserves most all of the praise it can get.

    (I'm actually quite pleased to see that there is a resurgence of popularity, recently, among the internet community.)

    And yes: it's awesome enough to name myself after. XD


    Tacticslion wrote:
    Freehold DM wrote:
    Tacticslion wrote:
    Tequila Sunrise wrote:
    Freehold DM wrote:
    Orthos wrote:
    I guess I should probably make an appearance, if only because I was gonna start doing writeups of our new Savage Tide game sooner or later...

    ORTHOS

    FINAL FANTASY TACTICS
    ITS ON OUR PHONES NOW

    Do go on.

    Of course I still have to finish DA Origins. And D3. And then download and play PS: Torment.

    But I've heard so many good things about FFT, I can't help myself.

    Most of what you've heard is probably true, but many are not.
    Such as?

    Blarg. "Some" - I should have said "some" are not.

    And added "probably," instead of being so specific. That's what I get for being distracted while typing!

    Point is: there are a lot of rumors, and probably some exaggerations about the game that aren't true.

    But it's awesome and deserves most all of the praise it can get.

    (I'm actually quite pleased to see that there is a resurgence of popularity, recently, among the internet community.)

    And yes: it's awesome enough to name myself after. XD

    The only rumor I want confirmed about the game is that the blasphemous class "mathematician" is removed from the game and replaced with soemthing less awful.


    Tacticslion wrote:
    Freehold DM wrote:
    Tacticslion wrote:
    Tequila Sunrise wrote:
    Freehold DM wrote:
    Orthos wrote:
    I guess I should probably make an appearance, if only because I was gonna start doing writeups of our new Savage Tide game sooner or later...

    ORTHOS

    FINAL FANTASY TACTICS
    ITS ON OUR PHONES NOW

    Do go on.

    Of course I still have to finish DA Origins. And D3. And then download and play PS: Torment.

    But I've heard so many good things about FFT, I can't help myself.

    Most of what you've heard is probably true, but many are not.
    Such as?

    Blarg. "Some" - I should have said "some" are not.

    And added "probably," instead of being so specific. That's what I get for being distracted while typing!

    Point is: there are a lot of rumors, and probably some exaggerations about the game that aren't true.

    But it's awesome and deserves most all of the praise it can get.

    (I'm actually quite pleased to see that there is a resurgence of popularity, recently, among the internet community.)

    And yes: it's awesome enough to name myself after. XD

    The only rumor I want confirmed about the game is that the blasphemous class "mathematician" is removed from the game and replaced with soemthing less awful.

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

    It was not. #dealwithit


    :D:D:D


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Man. i really want that class removed.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Freehold DM wrote:
    Man. i really want that class removed.

    It's because you have no Faith.

    Shadow Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    HOW DOES IT FEEL TO WANT?


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Tacticslion wrote:
    Freehold DM wrote:
    Man. i really want that class removed.
    It's because you have no Faith.

    There's a rod that can help with that.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    Like a lot of games of that era, I didn't quite get it.

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
    Tacticslion wrote:
    Tacticslion wrote:
    Freehold DM wrote:
    Man. i really want that class removed.
    It's because you have no Faith.
    There's a rod that can help with that.

    What about a bard?


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    On the one hand, I don't want to work tonight.

    On the other hand, I don't work until at least next Thursday.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Freehold DM wrote:
    Man. i really want that class removed.

    Blame yourself or God.


    TriOmegaZero wrote:
    Tacticslion wrote:
    Tacticslion wrote:
    Freehold DM wrote:
    Man. i really want that class removed.
    It's because you have no Faith.
    There's a rod that can help with that.
    What about a bard?

    This lovely blonde woman in a funny hat can sing it to him.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Delita Hyral wrote:
    Freehold DM wrote:
    Man. i really want that class removed.
    Blame yourself or God.

    :-D


    4 people marked this as a favorite.
    Freehold DM wrote:
    Scintillae wrote:
    NobodysHome wrote:
    Scintillae wrote:
    Mostly poked around because I'm teaching some kids to play PF (one of them found out I played last spring and begged me to teach her. I told her get a group together, and we'll talk...so I have six high school kids being walked through their first PnP game ever) and wanted to poke about the AP forums. We're about midway through Edge of Anarchy.
    Be glad it's not boys. I could tell you stories about teenage boys and Pathfinder...
    Two boys, four girls. Two of the girls are flirting with literally every NPC we meet.
    This is my kinda game.

    Is your kind of game also the kind of game that involves puns at every possible opportunity and literary jokes? (Four of my babynerds have me for English. I lost it when one of them pulled a Crucible ref out of nowhere on one of the NPCs. But hey. Shows at least someone's paying attention when I run my mouth in class.)


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Freehold DM wrote:
    Tacticslion wrote:
    Freehold DM wrote:
    Tacticslion wrote:
    Tequila Sunrise wrote:
    Freehold DM wrote:
    Orthos wrote:
    I guess I should probably make an appearance, if only because I was gonna start doing writeups of our new Savage Tide game sooner or later...

    ORTHOS

    FINAL FANTASY TACTICS
    ITS ON OUR PHONES NOW

    Do go on.

    Of course I still have to finish DA Origins. And D3. And then download and play PS: Torment.

    But I've heard so many good things about FFT, I can't help myself.

    Most of what you've heard is probably true, but many are not.
    Such as?

    Blarg. "Some" - I should have said "some" are not.

    And added "probably," instead of being so specific. That's what I get for being distracted while typing!

    Point is: there are a lot of rumors, and probably some exaggerations about the game that aren't true.

    But it's awesome and deserves most all of the praise it can get.

    (I'm actually quite pleased to see that there is a resurgence of popularity, recently, among the internet community.)

    And yes: it's awesome enough to name myself after. XD

    The only rumor I want confirmed about the game is that the blasphemous class "mathematician" is removed from the game and replaced with soemthing less awful.

    Quite the radical change to subtract such a thing. I wager it will be quite divisive should this go through, but we musn't be irrational.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Tempted to try and keep a log of the shenanigans they pull. But oh jeebus, finding time to do it.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Tacticslion wrote:
    Tacticslion wrote:
    SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU BOOOOOTH~!

    WOW! The SHEER AWESOME of Orthos and Scint both showing up CRUSHED THE SERVER TO DEATH~!

    ... DO IT AGAIN~!

    XD

    Hold my apple cider.


    3 people marked this as a favorite.

    On the other hand, that sounds like work.


    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    Scintillae wrote:
    Tempted to try and keep a log of the shenanigans they pull. But oh jeebus, finding time to do it.

    I feel your pain, M'Lady, but if you don't start now, you'll regret it later.

    I didn't start writing up the Serpent's Skull campaign until Malek's infamous "march across the savannah" (a natural 1 on a Stealth check, with something like a -5 to Stealth anyway, for a 1'10" grippli marching through tall grass. Pretty impressive). And I regretted all the catch-up I had to do.

    And geez... some troublemakers have caused that thread to balloon to over 1000 posts. I don't know anyone on this thread that might have contributed to that, do I?

    Glares at lions and dragons...


    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:
    Scintillae wrote:
    Tempted to try and keep a log of the shenanigans they pull. But oh jeebus, finding time to do it.

    I feel your pain, M'Lady, but if you don't start now, you'll regret it later.

    I didn't start writing up the Serpent's Skull campaign until Malek's infamous "march across the savannah" (a natural 1 on a Stealth check, with something like a -5 to Stealth anyway, for a 1'10" grippli marching through tall grass. Pretty impressive). And I regretted all the catch-up I had to do.

    And geez... some troublemakers have caused that thread to balloon over 1000 posts. I don't know anyone on this thread that might have contributed to that, do I?

    Glares at lions and dragons...

    But I have to finish writing an economics unit...

    Still, the adventures of "the summoner and the rogue who both think they're in charge while the dwarf cleric flirts with everything" probably need written down.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    Screw it, I'm sharing the Crucible thing. It made me laugh. Context - I make the juniors start the year with reading it.

    Party had received marching orders from Cressida, specifically about

    Spoiler:
    the Chelish ambassador angling for a land grab.

    The ranger bangs her fist down on the table and yells, "IT'S THAT DARNED PUTNAM AGAIN!"
    The other three in that class begin immediately accusing everyone of witchcraft. The two who are not juniors just...stare at them.


    4 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    New cashier: Why don't you say anything when Captain Yesterday is twelve minutes late!

    Manager: Captain Yesterday can lift over 80 lbs.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    captain yesterday wrote:

    New cashier: Why don't you say anything when Captain Yesterday is twelve minutes late!

    Manager: Captain Yesterday can lift over 80 lbs.

    Speaking of lousy work ethics (:-P), sometimes you wonder what the h*** someone was thinking...

    Shiro decided to trade in his Alfa Romeo for a custom offroad Jeep Wrangler. So he got all the details, e-mailed the dealership, and said, "OK, I'll be there at such-and-such a time to pick up the car."
    They sent back, "OK, great! We'll be ready with all the paperwork done for you!"

    He's a very simple man. "Tell me what it costs, I'll pay it, and I won't have to deal with your car salesman nonsense, making both of us happy."

    So all these guys had to do was be ready for him and they'd make thousands in commission for maybe 20-30 minutes of work.

    And they chose to flake on him, so he took his business elsewhere.

    I mean, "CY, carry that box to the back" is a little bit different than, "CY, if you carry that box to the back then a customer's going to show up and pick up the box and hand you a check for $5000".

    I somehow think CY would have moved the box in the second case...


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    I would move anything anywhere for 5000.

    I once dug a trench by hand for a $100 tip (our boss wanted us to use a trencher and blast through his phone line and then repair them when we were done, but he worked online from home and tipped us each 100 for not disrupting his day).


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    The problem with having all these trainees tonight is they're doing all my busy work.

    So, I'm hiding in back, where they can't go (only brute squad and management are allowed in back).


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    captain yesterday wrote:

    I would move anything anywhere for 5000.

    I once dug a trench by hand for a $100 tip (our boss wanted us to use a trencher and blast through his phone line and then repair them when we were done, but he worked online from home and tipped us each 100 for not disrupting his day).

    Yeah, I just can't think of a car dealer anywhere in the U.S. who would hear, "Yeah, I'm going to trade in my luxury sports car for its listed Kelly Blue Book value, then pay you MSRP for a new car in cash, as long as I don't have to haggle," and not explode at the opportunity to shaft a consumer that thoroughly.

    I honestly don't know the prices of the cars involved, but, "I'll take your listed prices on everything," is universally a bad idea at dealerships if you're actually not interested in enriching them excessively.

    171,501 to 171,550 of 243,659 << first < prev | 3426 | 3427 | 3428 | 3429 | 3430 | 3431 | 3432 | 3433 | 3434 | 3435 | 3436 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.