Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

29,751 to 29,800 of 246,735 << first < prev | 591 | 592 | 593 | 594 | 595 | 596 | 597 | 598 | 599 | 600 | 601 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Moff Rimmer wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Moff Rimmer wrote:
...Treppa and the tree-herder...

Oooh, sounds like a new History Channel reality series thingummy.

Silverhair makes us all pups.

We need to set up a FAWTL Retirement Home. One with a porch and a lawn...

Only if I can have a mini cannon stuffed with rocksalt to fire at teenagers who tramp on the lawn.

Scarab Sages

Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Moff Rimmer wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Moff Rimmer wrote:
...Treppa and the tree-herder...

Oooh, sounds like a new History Channel reality series thingummy.

Silverhair makes us all pups.

We need to set up a FAWTL Retirement Home. One with a porch and a lawn...
Only if I can have a mini cannon stuffed with rocksalt to fire at teenagers who tramp on the lawn.

Of course...

The Exchange

Jesszilla wrote:
Wolfthulhu wrote:
Got some Kingmaker comin up in a couple hours. Gonna wreck some genocide on the barbarians disrupting my Kingdom.
Silverhair2008 wrote:
A Sunday of Kingmaker goodness with Jess and Wolfthulhu and company.

Heh heh heh.

Many bar-tomb-ians lie dead. But they almost took out the ranger!

RAWR.

Heh...

There are pics in the Gaming Den.


Moff Rimmer wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Moff Rimmer wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Moff Rimmer wrote:
...Treppa and the tree-herder...

Oooh, sounds like a new History Channel reality series thingummy.

Silverhair makes us all pups.

We need to set up a FAWTL Retirement Home. One with a porch and a lawn...
Only if I can have a mini cannon stuffed with rocksalt to fire at teenagers who tramp on the lawn.
Of course...

That rock salt's gonna wreck the lawn come spring, ye wee daft gowk!

*shakes fist*


Mothman wrote:
The 8th Dwarf wrote:
Mothman wrote:
Received a belated birthday present from my siblings today – a whole bunch of Pathfinder stuff! Two Pathfinder Tales novels, two modules, Dungeons of Golarion and a Paizo gift certificate. Very nice.

Dungeons of Golarion is very good.

I'll take a butchers at it on the bus this arvo.

Once you take your butchers hook, you gunna head up the field of wheat and get a dogs eye and dead horse for kidney and punch or would that cause some Barney Rubble with your trouble and strife. Of course it could go all pear-shaped and the old bill could nick ya and you could get banged to rights and fined for a monkey or with a bit of bad Donald duck you could do some porridge.


Bp, here's hoping your dad is okay.


The 8th Dwarf wrote:
Mothman wrote:
The 8th Dwarf wrote:
Mothman wrote:
Received a belated birthday present from my siblings today – a whole bunch of Pathfinder stuff! Two Pathfinder Tales novels, two modules, Dungeons of Golarion and a Paizo gift certificate. Very nice.

Dungeons of Golarion is very good.

I'll take a butchers at it on the bus this arvo.
Once you take your butchers hook, you gunna head up the field of wheat and get a dogs eye and dead horse for kidney and punch or would that cause some Barney Rubble with your trouble and strife. Of course it could go all pear-shaped and the old bill could nick ya and you could get banged to rights and fined for a monkey or with a bit of bad Donald duck you could do some porridge.

ah. Madness has set in, i see.


Freehold DM wrote:
The 8th Dwarf wrote:
Mothman wrote:
The 8th Dwarf wrote:
Mothman wrote:
Received a belated birthday present from my siblings today – a whole bunch of Pathfinder stuff! Two Pathfinder Tales novels, two modules, Dungeons of Golarion and a Paizo gift certificate. Very nice.

Dungeons of Golarion is very good.

I'll take a butchers at it on the bus this arvo.
Once you take your butchers hook, you gunna head up the field of wheat and get a dogs eye and dead horse for kidney and punch or would that cause some Barney Rubble with your trouble and strife. Of course it could go all pear-shaped and the old bill could nick ya and you could get banged to rights and fined for a monkey or with a bit of bad Donald duck you could do some porridge.
ah. Madness has set in, i see.

You can't use cockney rhyming slang in a paragraph without other people punishing you for it.

Dark Archive

Treppa wrote:
Moff Rimmer wrote:
Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Moff Rimmer wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Moff Rimmer wrote:
...Treppa and the tree-herder...

Oooh, sounds like a new History Channel reality series thingummy.

Silverhair makes us all pups.

We need to set up a FAWTL Retirement Home. One with a porch and a lawn...
Only if I can have a mini cannon stuffed with rocksalt to fire at teenagers who tramp on the lawn.
Of course...

That rock salt's gonna wreck the lawn come spring, ye wee daft gowk!

*shakes fist*

True, but thats why I practice my aim with the manure cannon first. That way the rocksalt almost completely hits teenager and not grass.

Paizo Employee Senior Software Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I am testing something stupid!

Paizo Employee Senior Software Developer

2 people marked this as a favorite.

How about another stupid test? I think the answer is clearly YES.

Scarab Sages

3 people marked this as a favorite.

I think for Halloween I should go as ...

Spoiler:
wight trash


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I'd go as a gibbering mouther, but you're supposed to wear a costume.

Liberty's Edge

Freehold DM wrote:
Mothman wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Took that pic just for Aberzombie!
Is there a photo of you in there anywhere amongst the hotties Freehold DM? You mentioned in another thread that you would be looking very distinctive.

lol. Just take another run through -im sure you'll notice me before long. I'm posing with some of the girls.

Edit : ninja'd by cj!

Aha! Nice work.

Liberty's Edge

So my dad was diagnosed with some heart problems a few months back, but they’ve had trouble actually figuring out what the cause is. Now he’s discovered he has thyroid cancer (not entirely certain what the connection with the heart is, but I’m sure there is one) and will be having his thyroid removed within the next few weeks. It’s not fun when your parents get old.

Liberty's Edge

The 8th Dwarf wrote:


Once you take your butchers hook, you gunna head up the field of wheat and get a dogs eye and dead horse for kidney and punch or would that cause some Barney Rubble with your trouble and strife. Of course it could go all pear-shaped and the old bill could nick ya and you could get banged to rights and fined for a monkey or with a bit of bad Donald duck you could do some porridge.

Thought you'd like that.

Translation:
Once you have a look, you’re going to go to the street and buy a meat pie with sauce for lunch, which will cause some trouble with your wife. Of course it could all go wrong and the police could arrest you, and you’ll get fined five hundred pounds, or if you’re really unlucky you could serve prison time.

Liberty's Edge

Gary Teter wrote:
I am testing something stupid!

Stop poking me!


Mothman wrote:
So my dad was diagnosed with some heart problems a few months back, but they’ve had trouble actually figuring out what the cause is. Now he’s discovered he has thyroid cancer (not entirely certain what the connection with the heart is, but I’m sure there is one) and will be having his thyroid removed within the next few weeks. It’s not fun when your parents get old.

Well, the good news is they think they've figured it out and know how to fix it...

That's (probably) better than being in limbo.

Scarab Sages

Ok, there's truth in advertising, then there's this.

Liberty's Edge

Charles Evans 25 wrote:
Mothman wrote:
So my dad was diagnosed with some heart problems a few months back, but they’ve had trouble actually figuring out what the cause is. Now he’s discovered he has thyroid cancer (not entirely certain what the connection with the heart is, but I’m sure there is one) and will be having his thyroid removed within the next few weeks. It’s not fun when your parents get old.

Well, the good news is they think they've figured it out and know how to fix it...

That's (probably) better than being in limbo.

Sure is.


Moff Rimmer wrote:
Ok, there's truth in advertising, then there's this.

!

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Mothman wrote:
Charles Evans 25 wrote:
Mothman wrote:
So my dad was diagnosed with some heart problems a few months back, but they’ve had trouble actually figuring out what the cause is. Now he’s discovered he has thyroid cancer (not entirely certain what the connection with the heart is, but I’m sure there is one) and will be having his thyroid removed within the next few weeks. It’s not fun when your parents get old.

Well, the good news is they think they've figured it out and know how to fix it...

That's (probably) better than being in limbo.
Sure is.

Good luck to your dad with his surgery.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Best wishes for a favorable outcome for the ailing fathers of FAWTL posters.

Liberty's Edge

taig wrote:
Mothman wrote:
Charles Evans 25 wrote:
Mothman wrote:
So my dad was diagnosed with some heart problems a few months back, but they’ve had trouble actually figuring out what the cause is. Now he’s discovered he has thyroid cancer (not entirely certain what the connection with the heart is, but I’m sure there is one) and will be having his thyroid removed within the next few weeks. It’s not fun when your parents get old.

Well, the good news is they think they've figured it out and know how to fix it...

That's (probably) better than being in limbo.
Sure is.

Good luck to your dad with his surgery.

Thanks Taig.

It is a day for iffy and bad news – after speaking to my mum I just found out that one of my cousins is back in hospital with a bad infection after a bone marrow transplant a few weeks ago. In intensive care and on dialysis, the prognosis is not good.

And I was complaining about having a migraine last week. It really puts things in perspective doesn’t it?

Silver Crusade

Mothman wrote:
Gary Teter wrote:
I am testing something stupid!
Stop poking me!

That's what she said.

Okay, that one was too easy.


Jess' Kingmaker group heard about a phone call I received during the game letting me know my 86 year old Father had fallen on Saturday evening. The call from my Son said my Father was in the hospital. Today I find out that he is having trouble putting weight on his feet and his hip. It is believed that he will go to a rehab unit for a while before returning home. He has asked that I not come to Irving because of the stress of travel, I will respect his wish but maintain that if needed I will be on the first bus rolling that way. I appreciate the recent wishes from my medical problems. Thanks for listening.

PS. Papa-DRB is one that is older than I. Go check the Methuselah thread.


Best wishes going out to BP, Silverhair, and Mothman.

What the hell?! The music people didn't see my wacky/cool idea?

Liberty's Edge

Thanks Mairkurion.

I’m all for whacky / cool ideas, what did I miss?

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

I just got news that a close family friend - essentially my second mother from my childhood in Detroit - lost her husband suddenly last night. He was outside mowing the lawn, and gone longer than she thought was normal, so she went looking for him, and found him dead in the yard last night.

He was a good man, a loving husband, a good father and step-father. I only wish I could get back to Michigan to be with them as they say goodbye.

:(


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Posting test

Silver Crusade

Jess Door wrote:

I just got news that a close family friend - essentially my second mother from my childhood in Detroit - lost her husband suddenly last night. He was outside mowing the lawn, and gone longer than she thought was normal, so she went looking for him, and found him dead in the yard last night.

He was a good man, a loving husband, a good father and step-father. I only wish I could get back to Michigan to be with them as they say goodbye.

:(

I'm sorry to hear this. It can be hard to wrap one's head around a death when it is so sudden.

Liberty's Edge

Jess Door wrote:

I just got news that a close family friend - essentially my second mother from my childhood in Detroit - lost her husband suddenly last night. He was outside mowing the lawn, and gone longer than she thought was normal, so she went looking for him, and found him dead in the yard last night.

He was a good man, a loving husband, a good father and step-father. I only wish I could get back to Michigan to be with them as they say goodbye.

:(

God, how horrible.

RPG Superstar 2012

Jess Door wrote:

I just got news that a close family friend - essentially my second mother from my childhood in Detroit - lost her husband suddenly last night. He was outside mowing the lawn, and gone longer than she thought was normal, so she went looking for him, and found him dead in the yard last night.

He was a good man, a loving husband, a good father and step-father. I only wish I could get back to Michigan to be with them as they say goodbye.

:(

I'm so sorry to hear this, Jess.


Thoughts and prayers for everyone.

I got reminded today about how fortunate I am, and was last last year. My buddy at work's bro-in-law's sister died Friday of a brain bleed. She was 46. She and her husband had just finalized adopting two children. She got the headache and didn't go to the doctor. Her bleeding didn't stop. I'm lucky mine did. I don't even know her name but I'm really bummed about it.


Jess Door wrote:

I just got news that a close family friend - essentially my second mother from my childhood in Detroit - lost her husband suddenly last night. He was outside mowing the lawn, and gone longer than she thought was normal, so she went looking for him, and found him dead in the yard last night.

He was a good man, a loving husband, a good father and step-father. I only wish I could get back to Michigan to be with them as they say goodbye.

:(

*hugs*

Scarab Sages

Emperor7 wrote:
Jess Door wrote:

I just got news that a close family friend - essentially my second mother from my childhood in Detroit - lost her husband suddenly last night. He was outside mowing the lawn, and gone longer than she thought was normal, so she went looking for him, and found him dead in the yard last night.

He was a good man, a loving husband, a good father and step-father. I only wish I could get back to Michigan to be with them as they say goodbye.

:(

*hugs*

+1


Freehold DM wrote:
Bp, here's hoping your dad is okay.

My father will be in the hospital for a week. No food poisoning, but it could be worse.

He has Gallstones and he is on pain-killers. They're pretty sharp from what I've heard so far.

The Exchange

Aberzombie wrote:
Emperor7 wrote:
Jess Door wrote:

I just got news that a close family friend - essentially my second mother from my childhood in Detroit - lost her husband suddenly last night. He was outside mowing the lawn, and gone longer than she thought was normal, so she went looking for him, and found him dead in the yard last night.

He was a good man, a loving husband, a good father and step-father. I only wish I could get back to Michigan to be with them as they say goodbye.

:(

*hugs*
+1

+1

:*(

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Just adding my +1 to the condolences on the additional bad news. Hang in there everyone.


Mothman wrote:
So my dad was diagnosed with some heart problems a few months back, but they’ve had trouble actually figuring out what the cause is. Now he’s discovered he has thyroid cancer (not entirely certain what the connection with the heart is, but I’m sure there is one) and will be having his thyroid removed within the next few weeks. It’s not fun when your parents get old.

Hope he does well, Mothy!

Liberty's Edge

Thanks man. He’s pretty tough and in good shape, I think he’ll be fine.


Oh man, sounds like bad news all around. My condolences, Jess, and I hope your dad mends soon Mothman.


Come see me star in my horror/sci-fi thriller The Thing with Mary Elizabeth Winstead as the flame-throwing American Paleontologist.

I give it three-and-a-half tentacles and good chance, finally, of a sequel to the 1982 version bearing John Carpenter's name.

Ffflllleeeessssssssssh.........

Liberty's Edge

The Thing From Beyond the Stars wrote:

Come see me star in my horror/sci-fi thriller The Thing with Mary Elizabeth Winstead as the flame-throwing American Paleontologist.

I give it three-and-a-half tentacles and good chance, finally, of a sequel to the 1982 version bearing John Carpenter's name.

Ffflllleeeessssssssssh.........

Yeah, I've heard pretty good things about this one. If I understand correctly its actually a prequel to the Carpenter film?


Huh? Wuzzat?

Scarab Sages

MMmmmmm......brainnnnsssss

Liberty's Edge

Tired...

The Exchange

Why is it, every week or so, we have another "OMG is XXX class broke or what" thread?

Gives me a headache. Not that I participate, I have nothing useful to add other than a simple, "get over it." or "if you think you can do better, why don't you?"

Which won't help, so I choose, typically not to do more than look and scratch my head at the complaints.

minor rant:

Almost as bad as politics. Only things worse are the religion, or Paladin alignment threads.

Which makes me wonder, do we just have a bunch of people who, well not really go without morals, but with a lack of understanding of what they are? As in does this hobby attract some weird peeps?

Of course I have seen much worse, like the guy who at the con went to lunch, well midnight snack, with me and a buddy. he went on after awhile about meeting real life vampires while astral projecting. Only time I have ever ditched someone. Saw him a few times thereafter. Always dressed like he was going to a ren faire.

Liberty's Edge

Yeah, I find those threads sort of annoying, but I don't let it bother me too much. I just take away that a lot of people have a different idea of what is fun when it comes to gaming than I do, and that I'm really lucky with the gaming group I have.

And yes, I think our hobby probably does attract a lot of weird ones.

The Exchange

Not saying I am not "one of the weird ones." Most likely I am.

truth be told I rarely do more than glance. They just hit a nerve today for some reason.

C'est la vie

29,751 to 29,800 of 246,735 << first < prev | 591 | 592 | 593 | 594 | 595 | 596 | 597 | 598 | 599 | 600 | 601 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.