Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

29,051 to 29,100 of 243,428 << first < prev | 577 | 578 | 579 | 580 | 581 | 582 | 583 | 584 | 585 | 586 | 587 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Crimson Jester wrote:

Cornielius wrote:

Oh, Hell no!

1,936 new posts.

Guess I haven't logged in for awhile.

Everyone still above ground?

So far so good. Long time no see.

I admit I have been lurking occasionaly, but this is the first time I've logged in a while. ( picked up the Races freebie.)

Prepping for hospital recertifaction can get a bit busy.

And Happy Birthday, Jude!!

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Durn naked bohemians.


Mairkurion {tm} wrote:

One of my grandmothers was born in October. She always sounded a little disappointed that she wasn't born on the 31st.

What's the deal with the German RPG The Dark Eye? It outsold D&D there? For how long? I'd be curious to hear any of our Deutschefawtlies share their knowledge and opinions about it.

*looks left and right for other german FaWlTies*

well, DSA - das schwarze Auge ( we call a "black eye" a "blue eye" by the way) was quite popular in the 80's and 90's and is still around.
But it always had a reputation as a more childish RPG compared to AD&D and the other german RPG Midgard.
The most stupid thing was, that you had to say a poem to cast a spell.
To cast a Light-Spell you had to say:
"Fi-Fa-Funkel, es werde Lich im Dunkel" roughly:
"Spi-Spa-Spark, Light be in the Dark"
Quite legendary are their terible NPC Names, imagine a Murder-mystery-investigation where the bad guys where named Billy Badintend and Theo Donogood (Berthram Böswill und Theodor Tuenichtgut).
But they where quite sucsessfull over several editions (I don't know if they are less silly today)
oh, and the best possible throw are 3 Ones on 3d20

their gameing-world Aventurien is very well detailed (almost as much as the realms where) with many fluff-books, Adventures, NPC's and there are many novels and some video games
The rights belong today to Ullises Spiele (also the german translater of Pathfinder)
apparently in 2012 there will be a movie release


1 person marked this as a favorite.

happy birthday to Jude

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Happy Birthday youngest FAWTL!

The Exchange

Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
I'd probably get accused of being a Beat before being a Hippie. CJ must be slipping.

Well since my hair was at one time almost as long as The Jades. This is nothing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*blink*

Happy birthday Jude!

It is so weird that I haven't had a chance to turn my comp on in days yet my iBorg keeps me plugged in

*blink*

Scarab Sages

Crimson Jester wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Alrighty folks, it's about 6:30 am here in Yokosuka. I've been awake since about noon the previous day. I've just finished off my second beer since I got back from the ship this morning. I'm going to bed.

slow tears leak down face

Why...why don't I live there..?

Did I mention that I was also stuck on a ship for about 11 hours manning a safety boundary?
No you did not. Manning a safety boundary?

That's what you get to do when you supervise a job that makes use of a radioactive isotope.

Scarab Sages

Mmmm....ramen.

Scarab Sages

F+$#! Now I'm hungry.


The sun is under attack. Run for your lives!

The Exchange

Treppa wrote:
The sun is under attack. Run for your lives!

Like a bullet out the other side.


Manning not Safety. Manning Quarterback. DUH!


aeglos wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:

One of my grandmothers was born in October. She always sounded a little disappointed that she wasn't born on the 31st.

What's the deal with the German RPG The Dark Eye? It outsold D&D there? For how long? I'd be curious to hear any of our Deutschefawtlies share their knowledge and opinions about it.

*looks left and right for other german FaWlTies*

well, DSA - das schwarze Auge ( we call a "black eye" a "blue eye" by the way) was quite popular in the 80's and 90's and is still around.
But it always had a reputation as a more childish RPG compared to AD&D and the other german RPG Midgard.
The most stupid thing was, that you had to say a poem to cast a spell.
To cast a Light-Spell you had to say:
"Fi-Fa-Funkel, es werde Lich im Dunkel" roughly:
"Spi-Spa-Spark, Light be in the Dark"
Quite legendary are their terible NPC Names, imagine a Murder-mystery-investigation where the bad guys where named Billy Badintend and Theo Donogood (Berthram Böswill und Theodor Tuenichtgut).
But they where quite sucsessfull over several editions (I don't know if they are less silly today)
oh, and the best possible throw are 3 Ones on 3d20

their gameing-world Aventurien is very well detailed (almost as much as the realms where) with many fluff-books, Adventures, NPC's and there are many novels and some video games
The rights belong today to Ullises Spiele (also the german translater of Pathfinder)
apparently in 2012 there will be a movie release

I like to sound less demanding that I am.

Thanks, Aeglos! I feel more informed.

RPG Superstar 2012

Treppa wrote:
The sun is under attack. Run for your lives!

If you ask me, the sun had it coming, always bragging about how bright it is!

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:

Happy birthday Jude!

+1, and many more!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Callous Jack wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
I'd probably get accused of being a Beat before being a Hippie. CJ must be slipping.
Durn bohemians.

angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night,

Liberty's Edge

Hello all.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own!

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Aberzombie wrote:
I reject your reality, and substitute my own!

Whu - what? What happened, where am I?


Aberzombie wrote:
I reject your reality, and substitute my own!

Fried in tempura?


Aberzombie wrote:
I reject your reality, and substitute my own!

What happens if I accept your reality as my own? Do you then have to reject it? If you reject your own reality, then whose reality do we wind up in?

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
aeglos wrote:


Australia has a long weekend, too?
I have "Day of German Unity" Today

I think the UK may have had a public holiday on Monday too?

Monday was 'Labour Day' here in Australia. And I took Tuesday off for good measure.


gran rey de los mono's Random Thoughts:

Spoiler:

1. Excited about Pathfinder on Wednesday. Starting the 2nd book of Jade Regent.

2. JourneyQuest's Kickstarter campaign is going really well! Could always use more help though.

3. I feel like I want to write a short story. I used to write a lot, but haven't for a few years. Don't have any idea what to write about though.

4. Have spent the last hour or so wishing for some music, only to realize that I have my entire mp3 collection on my laptop. Which I am using right now. Could have been listening this whole time. Feel like an idiot.

5. Nice weather today.

6. Gas prices dropping, which is good because in the last 6 weeks my car has gone from getting 25mpg to 15mpg and I don't know why.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Callous Jack wrote:
TriOmegaZero wrote:
Callous Jack wrote:
TriOmegaZero wrote:
I got a haircut!
Durn Beatnik.

.

.
.
.
.
...are you aware of exactly who I am?
A sockpuppet of Cartigan?

Now I understand. *points finger* You are a pissing-off person!


Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Callous Jack wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
I'd probably get accused of being a Beat before being a Hippie. CJ must be slipping.
Durn bohemians.

angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night,

Moloch! Moloch! Moloch!

EDIT: D&D-themed Beat poetry.

Scarab Sages

It's daytime! And I've been outside! No more night work for me!!!And, of course, it's raining!


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
gran rey de los mono wrote:

3. I feel like I want to write a short story. I used to write a lot, but haven't for a few years. Don't have any idea what to write about though.

An evil cabal of librarians who are controlling the world, and the group of brave, but sorely outmatched, squirrels who are fighting to expose them.


It's comic book day and my sinus is plugged, my vision is blurry and I can barely hear a word anyone says. Head cold, I hate them.

Is it safe to drive?


BluePigeon wrote:

It's comic book day and my sinus is plugged, my vision is blurry and I can barely hear a word anyone says. Head cold, I hate them.

Is it safe to drive?

Less so, but I feel your pain. Hopefully you get better soon.

Blurry vision = DON'T DRIVE!

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
TriOmegaZero wrote:
Callous Jack wrote:
TriOmegaZero wrote:
Callous Jack wrote:
TriOmegaZero wrote:
I got a haircut!
Durn Beatnik.

.

.
.
.
.
...are you aware of exactly who I am?
A sockpuppet of Cartigan?
Now I understand. *points finger* You are a pissing-off person!

I'm not Sebastian!


BluePigeon wrote:

It's comic book day and my sinus is plugged, my vision is blurry and I can barely hear a word anyone says. Head cold, I hate them.

Is it safe to drive?

It depends. Anything good coming out today?

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Emperor7 wrote:
BluePigeon wrote:

It's comic book day and my sinus is plugged, my vision is blurry and I can barely hear a word anyone says. Head cold, I hate them.

Is it safe to drive?

Blurry vision = DON'T DRIVE!

+1, don't drive with blurry vision.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:

6. Gas prices dropping, which is good because in the last 6 weeks my car has gone from getting 25mpg to 15mpg and I don't know why.

Uh-oh, that doesn't sound good. It's like the little light in my car that the owner's manual says means something like "stop driving and get your brakes fixed." Yeah, whatever. Now that my 5 years of free maintenance is done, nothing's getting fixed. :(


Callous Jack wrote:
Emperor7 wrote:
BluePigeon wrote:

It's comic book day and my sinus is plugged, my vision is blurry and I can barely hear a word anyone says. Head cold, I hate them.

Is it safe to drive?

Blurry vision = DON'T DRIVE!
+1, don't drive with blurry vision.

Besides, you're probably contagious and don't want to spread it.


hi everyone


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
aeglos wrote:

hi everyone

Guten abend

Scarab Sages

So my poor wife got rear-ended yesterday. Insurance information was exchanged and ... the other person isn't current on their insurance. So now we get to find out what we need to do about getting our car fixed without the other person's insurance...

Grrrrrr.


Moff Rimmer wrote:

So my poor wife got rear-ended yesterday. Insurance information was exchanged and ... the other person isn't current on their insurance. So now we get to find out what we need to do about getting our car fixed without the other person's insurance...

Grrrrrr.

Ugh. Hopefully no one was hurt?

Not even sure what happens in that case. Hopefully your insurance covers you then sues the other driver for recompense.


Emperor7 wrote:
Moff Rimmer wrote:

So my poor wife got rear-ended yesterday. Insurance information was exchanged and ... the other person isn't current on their insurance. So now we get to find out what we need to do about getting our car fixed without the other person's insurance...

Grrrrrr.

Ugh. Hopefully no one was hurt?

Not even sure what happens in that case. Hopefully your insurance covers you then sues the other driver for recompense.

is it legal to drive without insurence in america?

Scarab Sages

Emperor7 wrote:
Moff Rimmer wrote:

So my poor wife got rear-ended yesterday. Insurance information was exchanged and ... the other person isn't current on their insurance. So now we get to find out what we need to do about getting our car fixed without the other person's insurance...

Grrrrrr.

Ugh. Hopefully no one was hurt?

Not even sure what happens in that case. Hopefully your insurance covers you then sues the other driver for recompense.

No one was hurt. We do have full coverage on that vehicle, so one way or the other it should get paid for -- although I'd really hate it if our insurance went up because of what the other driver did and wasn't insured.

There were some odd things about this too. There was a tire in the middle of the road. So the person in front of my wife slammed on his brakes. (No one was in front of him -- did he not see the non-moving object in the road?) My wife slammed on her brakes and stopped with plenty of space but the car behind my wife didn't stop in time. We have a 2002 Toyota Sienna and the back hatch is crumpled. The other person's car is totalled. The person who started the whole chain of events -- the guy in the front -- knew his policy number by heart. Who knows that? The person behind my wife wasn't the owner of the car. She also had her two kids in the car -- without car seats.

The worst is just the time it's taking to figure out what we need to do.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kajehase wrote:
aeglos wrote:

hi everyone

Guten abend

god kväll

Scarab Sages

aeglos wrote:
Emperor7 wrote:
Moff Rimmer wrote:

So my poor wife got rear-ended yesterday. Insurance information was exchanged and ... the other person isn't current on their insurance. So now we get to find out what we need to do about getting our car fixed without the other person's insurance...

Grrrrrr.

Ugh. Hopefully no one was hurt?

Not even sure what happens in that case. Hopefully your insurance covers you then sues the other driver for recompense.

is it legal to drive without insurence in america?

No, it's not.


aeglos wrote:
Emperor7 wrote:
Moff Rimmer wrote:

So my poor wife got rear-ended yesterday. Insurance information was exchanged and ... the other person isn't current on their insurance. So now we get to find out what we need to do about getting our car fixed without the other person's insurance...

Grrrrrr.

Ugh. Hopefully no one was hurt?

Not even sure what happens in that case. Hopefully your insurance covers you then sues the other driver for recompense.

is it legal to drive without insurance in america?

Varies by state last I knew, (Tennessee used to allow it) but illegal in most states. But, it's only a fine in Michigan. A big fine, but insurance costs a lot and people are hurting for money with the sucky economy.

RPG Superstar 2012

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I just found out 4 people I worked with at my job in Greensboro got laid off. I'm soooo glad I left that joyless suckhole.

Scarab Sages

taig wrote:

I just found out 4 people I worked with at my job in Greensboro got laid off. I'm soooo glad I left that joyless suckhole.

Being laid off was one of the best things in the world for me. Since I was let go, 5 other people have left of their own free will -- rats leaving a sinking ship. No one there knows how to pull a report to save their lives so their latest decision is "we'll just operate without knowing what we're doing". There are so many other things there that are wrong. But they seem to be happy blaming everyone else for the bad decisions that they make.

I'm glad I'm not there now.

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Moff Rimmer wrote:
taig wrote:

I just found out 4 people I worked with at my job in Greensboro got laid off. I'm soooo glad I left that joyless suckhole.

Being laid off was one of the best things in the world for me. Since I was let go, 5 other people have left of their own free will -- rats leaving a sinking ship. No one there knows how to pull a report to save their lives so their latest decision is "we'll just operate without knowing what we're doing". There are so many other things there that are wrong. But they seem to be happy blaming everyone else for the bad decisions that they make.

I'm glad I'm not there now.

I have no doubt the people who got laid off will land in a better place. The manager was building his empire in Argentina, and he basically tried to make everyone in NA look bad. Meanwhile, the product has gone to s@&%, but no one seems to care. Likewise, I'm glad I'm not there. :)


Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
BluePigeon wrote:

It's comic book day and my sinus is plugged, my vision is blurry and I can barely hear a word anyone says. Head cold, I hate them.

Is it safe to drive?

It depends. Anything good coming out today?

Vision's better. I wiped by eyes clean with a warm cloth. As for comics, let me see....,

Animal Man
Swamp Thing
Justice League International
The Red Lanterns
Hulk [Red]
Avengers Academy
X-Men
plus 12 more books
and Comic Book Previews

A good week for books.

I also see that Super Genius Games has a PDF book on the Pathfinder Ninja. Time to make that clan of blue clothed clan of sexy ninja women. Woot!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sup?


BluePigeon wrote:


Vision's better. I wiped by eyes clean with a warm cloth. As for comics, let me see....,

Animal Man
Swamp Thing
Justice League International
The Red Lanterns
Hulk [Red]
Avengers Academy
X-Men
plus 12 more books
and Comic Book Previews

A good week for books.

[Sigh]

I had to give up comics about a 1/2 dozen years ago. I just couldn't justify the expense anymore--$3 for something I was going to read in about ten minutes vs. $7 for a book that would at least take me a couple of days to finish.

I pick up trades occasionally, and read whatever I can get at the local library, but I'm afraid that short of winning the lottery, my days as a comics collector are over. :(

EDIT: Naked regret.

29,051 to 29,100 of 243,428 << first < prev | 577 | 578 | 579 | 580 | 581 | 582 | 583 | 584 | 585 | 586 | 587 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.