Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

28,701 to 28,750 of 243,195 << first < prev | 570 | 571 | 572 | 573 | 574 | 575 | 576 | 577 | 578 | 579 | 580 | next > last >>

Hey there nekkid.

The Exchange

Ahh!


Crimson Jester wrote:
Ahh!

what? You're the one who's nekkid.

The Exchange

Well, if you've got it, flaunt it.

Scarab Sages

Crimson Jester wrote:
Well, if you've got it, flaunt it.

We're still trying to identify what you've "got"...

;-)


Moff Rimmer wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Well, if you've got it, flaunt it.

We're still trying to identify what you've "got"...

;-)

I think we may have discovered a new one here.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path Subscriber
Moff Rimmer wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Well, if you've got it, flaunt it.

We're still trying to identify what you've "got"...

;-)

I am not sure I want to be included in the we're trying to figure it out. You may want to spend time figuring that out all by yourself ;)

Silver Crusade

Hi all. What did I miss?

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path Subscriber

Moff and CJ are trying to "figure out" one another and what they have that they flaunt.

Scarab Sages

Ok, so I'm trying to figure out the logic here...

Spoiler:
Most of you know that I was laid off from my job a few months ago. I've got a job now but I'm technically "temporary" right now -- hoping to be "permanent" so that I can get benefits. This is taking longer than I was hoping for so I need to do COBRA. Ok so the last day for me to sign up for COBRA is tomorrow. I can either sign up online, by phone, or by snail mail. If you choose the snail mail route it needs to be postmarked by the expiration date.

So today I go online to do this. It quickly gives me a notice that says that since I am within two days of the expiration I can no longer do the online application or the phone -- I MUST do it via snail mail.

How in any way, shape or form does this make one iota of sense? We're coming up on the deadline so we are going to cut off the faster methods of getting the information needed to process everything?

Or am I just missing something?

The Exchange

Moff Rimmer wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Well, if you've got it, flaunt it.

We're still trying to identify what you've "got"...

;-)

I have oft be told ;)


Dr. Doom, MD. wrote:
Moff Rimmer wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Well, if you've got it, flaunt it.

We're still trying to identify what you've "got"...

;-)

I think we may have discovered a new one here.

Say it isn't soooooooooo!

The Exchange

Gruumash . wrote:
Moff and CJ are trying to "figure out" one another and what they have that they flaunt.

Says the Half-Orc!

RPG Superstar 2012

Bluh


Moff Rimmer wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Well, if you've got it, flaunt it.

We're still trying to identify what you've "got"...

;-)

And if there's a cream for it.

;P

The Exchange

Moff Rimmer wrote:

Ok, so I'm trying to figure out the logic here...

** spoiler omitted **

total guess:

Logic has little to do with it. The need for the government to "have it in writing," does. Even if set up with a quicker method they still send you hard copy papers which you then need to fill out. There fore if it is just done by mail it is actually faster for the government process.


Jack Hammer wrote:
Moff Rimmer wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Well, if you've got it, flaunt it.

We're still trying to identify what you've "got"...

;-)

And if there's a cream for it.

;P

Here I thought the cream was the problem.


FAWESOME BLOGBERRY PIE!


F#@&! I've been looking forward all day to gaming tonight, especially tonight to keep my mind off things. And now it's cancelled at the last minute. :(


Wednesday night game Horror at Dagger Rock. Small home game. Trying to interest two neighbors into playing.


And the kidlet had an incident at school where he grabbed one of his classmates. Just to add icing to the rest of the day.

can it be tomorrow now? PLease?

The Exchange

Poof, your tomorrow.

The Exchange

nothing to post, just felling like doing so anyway.


I have been vindicated!


Lynora: maybe you need a PbP in your life, if you don't already have one.


Mairkurion {tm} wrote:

Lynora: maybe you need a PbP in your life, if you don't already have one.

Oh, I have one. Actually I have three, but Patrick's and Moff's games only take a little of my time. Avalon on the other hand is a delightful little time sink. :)

It's just a rough day, and I was pretty disappointed about my RL game being cancelled.

Btw...any expert opinions on whether or not a creature that can travel through earth can also go through metal? I'm the one who's supposed to make the ruling and it's my NPC, but I have zero clue, so advice is appreciated.


Hee-hee...three. :-)

Still, not a face-to-face game, so I sympathize.

Ah, the Last Airbender question!

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:
Btw...any expert opinions on whether or not a creature that can travel through earth can also go through metal? I'm the one who's supposed to make the ruling and it's my NPC, but I have zero clue, so advice is appreciated.

Technically, I believe that "earth" comprises of metallic substances as well as quite a bit of other "bits". On the other hand, I wouldn't want any creature with "earth glide" to be able to just walk through the massive iron door I have barring the last entrance to the massive treasure.

I guess that I'd rule it that it cannot go through worked metal. But if it's just wandering around a gold mine, it shouldn't have too much difficulty.

Silver Crusade

lynora wrote:
F&!*! I've been looking forward all day to gaming tonight, especially tonight to keep my mind off things. And now it's cancelled at the last minute. :(

Dislike.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

I wish life came with a FOCUS button.

Scarab Sages

Treppa wrote:
I wish life came with a FOCUS button.

I'm sorry, what were you saying? I saw a bird out the window just now...


Moff Rimmer wrote:
lynora wrote:
Btw...any expert opinions on whether or not a creature that can travel through earth can also go through metal? I'm the one who's supposed to make the ruling and it's my NPC, but I have zero clue, so advice is appreciated.

Technically, I believe that "earth" comprises of metallic substances as well as quite a bit of other "bits". On the other hand, I wouldn't want any creature with "earth glide" to be able to just walk through the massive iron door I have barring the last entrance to the massive treasure.

I guess that I'd rule it that it cannot go through worked metal. But if it's just wandering around a gold mine, it shouldn't have too much difficulty.

Yeah, I'm having trouble with where to draw that line...I mean, wood would stop her cold...and I have a whole bunch of these folks with earth glide so I really need to figure this out...I guess something about the smelting process/alloy/whatever would stop earth glide?


Mairkurion {tm} wrote:

Hee-hee...three. :-)

Still, not a face-to-face game, so I sympathize.

Ah, the Last Airbender question!

Yes. Yes, it is. In fact one of the characters in question is in fact an earthbender. That's what she does. In that light, I'd probably say she could eventually figure out how to bend metal, but that it would stop the others. Which means grandma dragon just did something she wasn't supposed to...crap. Oh well. Maybe there was a window? :)

Sczarni

Crimson Jester wrote:
Gruumash . wrote:
Moff and CJ are trying to "figure out" one another and what they have that they flaunt.
Says the Half-Orc!

That a racist comment?


Chinese takeout makes good comfort food. :)

The Exchange

silverhair2008 wrote:
Wednesday night game Horror at Dagger Rock. Small home game. Trying to interest two neighbors into playing.

Hope that works out for ya.

The Exchange

lynora wrote:
Chinese takeout makes good comfort food. :)

Gah...

I so want my diet to be over. I found a Chinese buffet real close to work. I want to see if it's any good.

(Just a couple more weeks.)


Huzzah!

Liberty's Edge

Hello all.

RPG Superstar 2012

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Ever have one of those days where nothing serious is going wrong, but enough stupid, little things happen to make the day really crappy?


lynora wrote:

Today sucks. :(

** spoiler omitted **

Trying to keep distracted and all that.

*Big Hugs*

*Offers a cup cake*

This will make you feel better.


Mothman wrote:
Hello all.

Hey Mothy I am working down your end of the City now... We should have lunch one day. There is a good Indonesian restaurant not far from where I am.

Liberty's Edge

The 8th Dwarf wrote:
Mothman wrote:
Hello all.
Hey Mothy I am working down your end of the City now... We should have lunch one day. There is a good Indonesian restaurant not far from where I am.

Oh yeah, you are at Darling Harbour, right? I sometimes used to meet a friend for lunch at the Entertainment Centre or that end of Darling Harbour or Chinatown, it isn't that far for me.

Busy tomorrow?


taig wrote:

Ever have one of those days where nothing serious is going wrong, but enough stupid, little things happen to make the day really crappy?

No. But I'm having a down 1/up 1/down 1/up 1/down 1 sort of day. My brother has been transported to the hospice, the postman brought me my large copy of the Tome of Horrors (Hurrah!), The hospice finalized the remaining DNR papers with my father, then I purchased today's comics then my mother dropped the bombshell that she was being laid off as of October 31st.

I can describe today as a single mass reversal of fortunes. I must have offended the Las Vegas Goddess of Good Luck.

oh, The tome of Horrors is the size of an encyclopedia and it heavy. I think I slipped a disk picking it up off the ground. Just kidding about that last bit. :-)


Pie Golem wrote:
FAWESOME BLOGBERRY PIE!

*Leaves two fresh FAWSOME BLOGBERRY PIE at the feet of the Pie Golem then sneaks away unseen*

"Don't step on them," he whispers.

Silver Crusade

taig wrote:

Ever have one of those days where nothing serious is going wrong, but enough stupid, little things happen to make the day really crappy?

I'm familiar with the feeling.

Dark Archive

So nearly a year into taking my anxiety medication, I am less stressed overall, my attitude has been quite a bit more even, I never get angry really or excited or hysterical. My moods have been almost too even all the time. But frankly I enjoy it more, I would rather make my decisions more rationally without major mood swings one way or the other, I'm beginning to enjoy being this way.


taig wrote:

Ever have one of those days where nothing serious is going wrong, but enough stupid, little things happen to make the day really crappy?

I call that Mon-Fri.


Mothman wrote:
The 8th Dwarf wrote:
Mothman wrote:
Hello all.
Hey Mothy I am working down your end of the City now... We should have lunch one day. There is a good Indonesian restaurant not far from where I am.

Oh yeah, you are at Darling Harbour, right? I sometimes used to meet a friend for lunch at the Entertainment Centre or that end of Darling Harbour or Chinatown, it isn't that far for me.

Busy tomorrow?

I am busy for the next 2 weeks :-( I am trying to avoid working through the long weekend. Lunch at my desk and 12 hour days.

I am a block away from Sussex St.

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

BluePigeon wrote:
taig wrote:

Ever have one of those days where nothing serious is going wrong, but enough stupid, little things happen to make the day really crappy?

No. But I'm having a down 1/up 1/down 1/up 1/down 1 sort of day. My brother has been transported to the hospice, the postman brought me my large copy of the Tome of Horrors (Hurrah!), The hospice finalized the remaining DNR papers with my father, then I purchased today's comics then my mother dropped the bombshell that she was being laid off as of October 31st.

I can describe today as a single mass reversal of fortunes. I must have offended the Las Vegas Goddess of Good Luck.

oh, The tome of Horrors is the size of an encyclopedia and it heavy. I think I slipped a disk picking it up off the ground. Just kidding about that last bit. :-)

I'm very sorry to hear about your brother. It also sucks that your mother is getting laid off.

The Tome of Horrors awaits me in North Carolina. I'll be able to pick it up this weekend.

28,701 to 28,750 of 243,195 << first < prev | 570 | 571 | 572 | 573 | 574 | 575 | 576 | 577 | 578 | 579 | 580 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.