Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

26,351 to 26,400 of 240,231 << first < prev | 523 | 524 | 525 | 526 | 527 | 528 | 529 | 530 | 531 | 532 | 533 | next > last >>

Ashe Ravenheart wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Kajehase wrote:
Ashe Ravenheart wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Bitten by ants last night. Ate a chili-egg-cheeseburger at midnight. Slept badly for about four-five hours. Why don't I feel good today?
I blame the plant sex going on all around us. Filthy [nope] little [nope] buggers [and nope] (except you, M!)
Are you saying Big Green M isn't getting any? Poor plant.
Is it time for an English lesson? The three nopes indicate the reason for the M exception. In the words of the Dolly Parton, there's nothing dirty goin' on. (Hopefully you know the rest of the lyrics.)
Granted you're not filthy (Urizen) nor little (KC), but you haven't really ever confronted the buggery question. ;)

Oh, I've confronted it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Ashe Ravenheart wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Kajehase wrote:
Ashe Ravenheart wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Bitten by ants last night. Ate a chili-egg-cheeseburger at midnight. Slept badly for about four-five hours. Why don't I feel good today?
I blame the plant sex going on all around us. Filthy [nope] little [nope] buggers [and nope] (except you, M!)
Are you saying Big Green M isn't getting any? Poor plant.
Is it time for an English lesson? The three nopes indicate the reason for the M exception. In the words of the Dolly Parton, there's nothing dirty goin' on. (Hopefully you know the rest of the lyrics.)
Granted you're not filthy (Urizen) nor little (KC), but you haven't really ever confronted the buggery question. ;)
Oh, I've confronted it.

nekkid buggery! now that's a ToP! I may delete mine.


Crimson Jester wrote:
aeglos wrote:
hi everyone

Hello.

Ever see the TV show Hogan's Heroes? Everytime you post the Hi everyone I imagine Sergeant Schultz saying it. I think it is mainly imagining the German accent, which I am sure is going to be incorrect, but I also think it is the Dwarf Icon just makes me think of Schultz but with a beard.

:-) well my accent is very bad, so you could be right on spot there

the show was very popular over here but I have never seen them in english, in the german dub Schultz speaks a heavy bavarian dialect


Aberzombie wrote:
Glad I keep protection in my workspace.

I keep mine in my wallet, but I want to work where you do!


Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Emperor7 wrote:

Busy year shaping up.

** spoiler omitted **

Ah. I thought this said "BUSTY year shaping up." Too bad.

Good luck with the organ harvesting!

I like your thinking better!


Moorluck wrote:
taig wrote:
BluePigeon wrote:
I don't care what people say about Judge Dread, I still like the Stallone movie.

I'd mock that preference, except I thoroughly enjoyed Demolition Man, so I have no room to mock. :)

you'd regret it for the rest of your life.

both seconds of it. ;)

Welcome Mr. Lord President, Sir! *salutes*


Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
taig wrote:
Bitter Thorn wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:

Well, I'm back from DFW National Cemetery. My friend's little girl was real busted up that "Papaw is gone." :(

It's short and sweet, but they do those military gravesides right.

my condolences

Mine as well. :(

And mine as well. Hope today is looking up and that you have a nice chilled beer for toasting him waiting for you after classes today.

and my condolences as well

The Exchange

aeglos wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
aeglos wrote:
hi everyone

Hello.

Ever see the TV show Hogan's Heroes? Everytime you post the Hi everyone I imagine Sergeant Schultz saying it. I think it is mainly imagining the German accent, which I am sure is going to be incorrect, but I also think it is the Dwarf Icon just makes me think of Schultz but with a beard.

:-) well my accent is very bad, so you could be right on spot there

the show was very popular over here but I have never seen them in english, in the german dub Schultz speaks a heavy bavarian dialect

Ever hear a bad British accent? That was how he really talked, only it was German. If you heard him really talk you may well feel insulted.

The Exchange

Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Ashe Ravenheart wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Kajehase wrote:
Ashe Ravenheart wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Bitten by ants last night. Ate a chili-egg-cheeseburger at midnight. Slept badly for about four-five hours. Why don't I feel good today?
I blame the plant sex going on all around us. Filthy [nope] little [nope] buggers [and nope] (except you, M!)
Are you saying Big Green M isn't getting any? Poor plant.
Is it time for an English lesson? The three nopes indicate the reason for the M exception. In the words of the Dolly Parton, there's nothing dirty goin' on. (Hopefully you know the rest of the lyrics.)
Granted you're not filthy (Urizen) nor little (KC), but you haven't really ever confronted the buggery question. ;)
Oh, I've confronted it.

People know the lyrics to Dolly Parton songs? I could never stop staring long enough to listen to her sing. Just kidding

The Exchange

aeglos wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
taig wrote:
Bitter Thorn wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:

Well, I'm back from DFW National Cemetery. My friend's little girl was real busted up that "Papaw is gone." :(

It's short and sweet, but they do those military gravesides right.

my condolences

Mine as well. :(

And mine as well. Hope today is looking up and that you have a nice chilled beer for toasting him waiting for you after classes today.
and my condolences as well

Mine as well...playing around too much to notice the serious post. :(


I hate days when I'm tired and cranky and weepy and stupid. I also hate when nobody can tell days like this from a normal one.


aeglos wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
taig wrote:
Bitter Thorn wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:

Well, I'm back from DFW National Cemetery. My friend's little girl was real busted up that "Papaw is gone." :(

It's short and sweet, but they do those military gravesides right.

my condolences

Mine as well. :(

And mine as well. Hope today is looking up and that you have a nice chilled beer for toasting him waiting for you after classes today.
and my condolences as well

Same here.


pulls back on stick HARD
Okay. Not quite at the right altitude, but okay.


Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone.

Spoiler:
For the pray-ers among you, I ask that you remember the Robbins family. Very tough day for them, today.

RE Sergeant Schultz, I recommend THIS to everyone's consideration. Some days, there's a beauty to irony.

The Exchange

Mairkurion {tm} wrote:

Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone.

** spoiler omitted **

RE Sergeant Schultz, I recommend THIS to everyone's consideration. Some days, there's a beauty to irony.

My ears must be off then. Talk about bad typecasting.


I think a Viennese accent is rather different from a Prussian accent, so maybe it's not your ear that's the problem. Let's here from the experts, though.

The Exchange

Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
I think a Viennese accent is rather different from a Prussian accent, so maybe it's not your ear that's the problem. Let's here from the experts, though.

I wouldn't rule out my hearing but it could also be a cultural perception after hearing an accent for years one way, I may instinctively assume that it is correct, because I don't know any better, not having been to Germany. Like assuming someone in Dallas will speak with a west Texas twang.

The Exchange

Or he could have just did a specific accent on purpose to throw people off.


Crimson Jester wrote:
aeglos wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
aeglos wrote:
hi everyone

Hello.

Ever see the TV show Hogan's Heroes? Everytime you post the Hi everyone I imagine Sergeant Schultz saying it. I think it is mainly imagining the German accent, which I am sure is going to be incorrect, but I also think it is the Dwarf Icon just makes me think of Schultz but with a beard.

:-) well my accent is very bad, so you could be right on spot there

the show was very popular over here but I have never seen them in english, in the german dub Schultz speaks a heavy bavarian dialect
Ever hear a bad British accent? That was how he really talked, only it was German. If you heard him really talk you may well feel insulted.

just watched him on you tube, what german accent do you mean, to me he is speaking perfect english :-)

believe me, that's nothing compared to the average germans english


Haha! It's been so long since I watched HH, maybe there was an extent to which he was trying to give people what they expected to hear in America or just making a voice for comedic value?

The Exchange

aeglos wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
aeglos wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
aeglos wrote:
hi everyone

Hello.

Ever see the TV show Hogan's Heroes? Every time you post the Hi everyone I imagine Sergeant Schultz saying it. I think it is mainly imagining the German accent, which I am sure is going to be incorrect, but I also think it is the Dwarf Icon just makes me think of Schultz but with a beard.

:-) well my accent is very bad, so you could be right on spot there

the show was very popular over here but I have never seen them in English, in the German dub Schultz speaks a heavy Bavarian dialect
Ever hear a bad British accent? That was how he really talked, only it was German. If you heard him really talk you may well feel insulted.

just watched him on you tube, what German accent do you mean, to me he is speaking perfect English :-)

believe me, that's nothing compared to the average Germans English

I would bet money it is better than my German. :)

The Exchange

M, my condolences as well.

To everybody else, thanks for the welcome back!

So did I miss any major events in my 3 month absence? And do the wonderful Teters still pop in? And if so, did we offer them some ketchup for their ”Teter Tot”?


Crimson Jester wrote:
aeglos wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
aeglos wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
aeglos wrote:
hi everyone
Ever hear a bad British accent? That was how he really talked, only it was German. If you heard him really talk you may well feel insulted.

just watched him on you tube, what German accent do you mean, to me he is speaking perfect English :-)

believe me, that's nothing compared to the average Germans English
I would bet money it is better than my German. :)

well, yeah, but you are most propably not required to speak german on a regular basis. most german white collar employees have to speak english at least once a month.

and to listen to a lot of them just hurts my ears :-)
the telefon conferences at work with our french headquaters - in english are legendary in tghat regard


aeglos wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
aeglos wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
aeglos wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
aeglos wrote:
hi everyone
Ever hear a bad British accent? That was how he really talked, only it was German. If you heard him really talk you may well feel insulted.

just watched him on you tube, what German accent do you mean, to me he is speaking perfect English :-)

believe me, that's nothing compared to the average Germans English
I would bet money it is better than my German. :)

well, yeah, but you are most propably not required to speak german on a regular basis. most german white collar employees have to speak english at least once a month.

and to listen to a lot of them just hurts my ears :-)
the telefon conferences at work with our french headquaters - in english - are legendary in that regard

The Exchange

That last post took me 10 minutes to do. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Moorluck wrote:
That last post took me 10 minutes to do. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Todays lesson is sponsored by the number 10 and the letter's g and r.

The Exchange

aeglos wrote:


well, yeah, but you are most probably not required to speak German on a regular basis. most German white collar employees have to speak English at least once a month.
and to listen to a lot of them just hurts my ears :-)
the telefon conferences at work with our French headquarters - in English - are legendary in that regard

Why no, I am not. Why are they required to speak in English? Especially with a French headquarters?


When the French and the Germans speak to one another, they have to do so in English? My prayers were answered!

The Exchange

Crimson Jester wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
That last post took me 10 minutes to do. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Todays lesson is sponsored by the number 10 and the letter's g and r.

Smart ass. ;)


Moorluck wrote:

M, my condolences as well.

To everybody else, thanks for the welcome back!

So did I miss any major events in my 3 month absence? And do the wonderful Teters still pop in? And if so, did we offer them some ketchup for their ”Teter Tot”?

Howdy!

You guys dry out yet?


Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
When the French and the Germans speak to one another, they have to do so in English? My prayers were answered!

Now thut thur iz whut we call Ironic.


Crimson Jester wrote:


Why no, I am not. Why are they required to speak in English? Especially with a French headquarters?

a lot of documents in many companies are in english and don't get translated. and almost everything is organised globaly today, so english is the language everyone has to know. every german has english in school, french maybe 30% and maybe 3-5% spanish.

so if a german and a frenchman have to talk the only option will be english, everyone speaks a tiny bit at least.
the scandinavians have it easier, american movies and tv shows are subtitled over there, we get translations.

The Exchange

Dill Dotee Baggins wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
When the French and the Germans speak to one another, they have to do so in English? My prayers were answered!
Now thut thur iz whut we call Ironic.

You prayed, for that? Why?

The Exchange

Bitter Thorn wrote:
Moorluck wrote:

M, my condolences as well.

To everybody else, thanks for the welcome back!

So did I miss any major events in my 3 month absence? And do the wonderful Teters still pop in? And if so, did we offer them some ketchup for their ”Teter Tot”?

Howdy!

You guys dry out yet?

Hey BT!

Yeah, we didn't get as much rain as upcoast did. I really wouldn't mind seeing a few more inches myself.

.....that's what she said. :D


Crimson Jester wrote:
Dill Dotee Baggins wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
When the French and the Germans speak to one another, they have to do so in English? My prayers were answered!
Now thut thur iz whut we call Ironic.
You prayed, for that? Why?

[Yeah, I know, wrong musical]

He IS an ENGLISHman!


off to bed now, good night


aeglos wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
taig wrote:
Bitter Thorn wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:

Well, I'm back from DFW National Cemetery. My friend's little girl was real busted up that "Papaw is gone." :(

It's short and sweet, but they do those military gravesides right.

my condolences

Mine as well. :(

And mine as well. Hope today is looking up and that you have a nice chilled beer for toasting him waiting for you after classes today.
and my condolences as well

Ditto. Military funerals really are done properly.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well folks, Bug is wanting t watch Diego, so I reckon I'll try and pop on laters.

Have fun storming the castle !!!


I'm back too, in a very Moorluck-ian manner.

Sorry to read about the funeral... that's never fun.

Scarab Sages

I put up a post in the Technology area, but some of you are a some experts in technolgy so I thought I'd ask here as well...

Spoiler:
Some of you know more than many help desks. So I thought I'd ask here.

Is there an easier way to...

I have a large spreadsheet -- One of the fields is a person's name. I'd like to associate one "branch" for about 20 of the names. Another branch for another 10 different names. And so on.

I've started doing -- If this person then this branch, if this person then this branch, etc. It's a bit tedious. Is there a way to use "OR" with this? Something else I'm missing?

Any help would be appreciated.

The Exchange

aeglos wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:


Why no, I am not. Why are they required to speak in English? Especially with a French headquarters?

a lot of documents in many companies are in English and don't get translated. and almost everything is organized globally today, so English is the language everyone has to know. every German has English in school, french maybe 30% and maybe 3-5% Spanish.

so if a German and a Frenchman have to talk the only option will be English, everyone speaks a tiny bit at least.
the Scandinavians have it easier, American movies and TV shows are subtitled over there, we get translations.

TV teaching English since 1940's


Global workforce language? I vote Esperanto! Kial ne?

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Moff Rimmer wrote:

I put up a post in the Technology area, but some of you are a some experts in technolgy so I thought I'd ask here as well...

** spoiler omitted **

It's a logical OR function, more than a grammatical one:

=OR(a>z,b>z,c>z)

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Patrick Curtin wrote:

Global workforce language? I vote Esperanto! Kial ne?

I'll kial you!

Dark Archive

Made it to Saskatoon, in the hotel, and exhausted. The cat made it just fine even though he was very visibly u in upset. Tonight and tomorrow night in the hotel and Thursday we move into the new place. Good to see Moorluck back hope all is well. I'll check in later but right now I'm going to collapse.

Scarab Sages

Mrgh.


Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
Made it to Saskatoon, in the hotel, and exhausted. The cat made it just fine even though he was very visibly u in upset. Tonight and tomorrow night in the hotel and Thursday we move into the new place. Good to see Moorluck back hope all is well. I'll check in later but right now I'm going to collapse.

Glad y'all are there and safe!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*blink*

Power back on, but not quick enough to save the groceries. Man you find some interesting sh!t when you clean out an icebox. I'm gonna crash, wake up at 130 am tomorrow.. Ciao

Glad you made it to the prarie in one piece Jeremy. Be prepared for culture shock. Just sayin! =D

*Blink*


Ungh. Got clipped on the way home by a bus that was hogging a lane and a half. I hit my brakes to slow down a bit otherwise I would have been impaled by a parked car's side view mirror. Made my save for half damage, but I banged up my shin good and lost the clip on my bag. Still, it could have been worse..

Dark Archive

Patrick Curtin wrote:

*blink*

Power back on, but not quick enough to save the groceries. Man you find some interesting sh!t when you clean out an icebox. I'm gonna crash, wake up at 130 am tomorrow.. Ciao

Glad you made it to the prarie in one piece Jeremy. Be prepared for culture shock. Just sayin! =D

*Blink*

I know we just went out for a quick supper and we saw 5 city buses on our walk and all of them were diesel electric hybrid city buses. What kinda hippie town did I move too?

26,351 to 26,400 of 240,231 << first < prev | 523 | 524 | 525 | 526 | 527 | 528 | 529 | 530 | 531 | 532 | 533 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.