Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

243,151 to 243,200 of 246,745 << first < prev | 4859 | 4860 | 4861 | 4862 | 4863 | 4864 | 4865 | 4866 | 4867 | 4868 | 4869 | next > last >>

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:

I've decided to start teaching myself to sew while I've become stuck at home.

Which means I need to get some math-related things because geometry is a bigger factor in that than I realized.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to start learning some form of free CAD software for 3D printing stuff, so that's more Unexpected Math.

{Circle of Math spell shimmers into existence, temporarily warding out random Freehold encounters}

Edit: Nekkid CAD, nekkid 3D printing, or nekkid math?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
Your dad's brain makes me want Nervous Breakdown Peeps Chili.
Oh good, I'm not only one who gets that compulsion.

STOP MAKING ME WANT FOOD THAT I CAN'T EAT

(for the sake of all those nearby - I'm socially conscious)

If you disagree with everything else I say, trust me on these two things:

1) Please do not make Chidi's peeps chili.

b) Absolutely do not eat Chidi's peeps chili.

There's an exception


captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
I don't know why but for some reason I was thinking captain didn't care for 2nd edition initially. I think I might be thinking of someone else now tho.

I go back and forth, so I'm sure you're remembering it right.

I'm the weirdo that likes all three Paizo RPGs.

Some stuff I dislike in 2nd edition. I find weapon proficiency way more confusing than it needs to be, and I'm still trying to wrap my mind around general feat/skill feat stuff and treasure still confuses me.

I love how combat has more of a rhythm and I LOVE what they've done with animal companions and familiars and I LOVE how interchangeable and customizable classes and archetypes are (for example, Tiny T-Rex wanted to make a Spider-Man type character, so he started out a Monk and at 2nd level took the sorcerer dedication archetype feat which allows him to cast sorcerer cantrips where he picked Tanglefoot (shoot out a sticky vine to tangle people (easy enough to say it looks like webs) and since cantrips scale as you go and you can cast them all you want in a day, he'll be tangling people up all damn day. And then, as he gets up in level he'll be able to get web and spider climb).

Oh, hey, look - I was right when I said I was being dumb! Yay!


NobodysHome wrote:
let's go, school, c'mon!
Drejk wrote:

good points and an

thingy.
NobodysHome wrote:


when i was a young whippersnapper
lisamarlene wrote:
stuff that got deleted, dang it

EDIT: no, you got distracted by my kids walking in from outside and accidentally hit "post," dang it!

>.>

<.<

... and, uh, what was I going to write?

>.<

Oh! Yeah! LM's school and my kids' seem exceptionally similar in terms of over-all reaction to and organization during the whole event.

And maybe more words? Probably smart ones? I'm told my side of politics has the "best words..."

cough

i may be slightly bitter about some things


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
I've decided to start teaching myself to sew while I've become stuck at home.

That's good!

Quote:


Which means I need to get some math-related things because geometry is a bigger factor in that than I realized.

That's bad.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

They fixed that in 2nd edition.

No more random monster tables.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO
I'm with FDH, here.

Who?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Scintillae wrote:

I've decided to start teaching myself to sew while I've become stuck at home.

Which means I need to get some math-related things because geometry is a bigger factor in that than I realized.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to start learning some form of free CAD software for 3D printing stuff, so that's more Unexpected Math.

{Circle of Math spell shimmers into existence, temporarily warding out random Freehold encounters

hisses, flees


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
we have Littles.
And don't forget house hippos!
Hey, Feros! Nice to see you!

Don't mind the Canadian lurking about the place.

All perfectly normal!

<.<

>.>

:)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Canada, huh.

Waits for apology for brothers subjecting him to entirely too much Bryan Adams music as a kid.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Hey, it could have been worse.

It could have been a much later export...like Justin Bieber.

:p


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Feros wrote:

Hey, it could have been worse.

It could have been a much later export...like Justin Bieber.

:p

Funny you should mention that. Guess what my brother's kids listen to.

Waits for second, even bigger apology.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Feros wrote:

Hey, it could have been worse.

It could have been a much later export...like Justin Bieber.

:p

Ah, yes. Yet another

Spoiler:
non-threatening creature with a penis that young women adore so much.

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Why should he apologize for your brothers sucking? Seems you have a bone to pick with your parents.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

They gave us several giants in the world of comedy. I, for one, appreciate Canadian imports.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

We just got the formal announcement that Impus Minor's school district is closed for the year.

Putting even more pressure on the teachers to get their acts together and actually start doing something. (The other emails I have are from Impus Minor's Spanish and English teachers saying that sorry, they won't possibly be ready to run any classes at all until at least April 13, 4 full weeks after the shutdown started.)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
The Vagrant Erudite wrote:
Why should he apologize for your brothers sucking? Seems you have a bone to pick with your parents.

No. I'm the only one that actually listened to my parents.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Migraine all day. I go down for a day and TL reappears with a mighty vengeance. 165 posts. Mostly TL.

Well done.

Now I'm going back to bed.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's the first night with the hotel on "shut down" mode. Don't quite understand how, with basically nothing to do all day, neither 1st or 2nd shift managed to do the 2 rooms worth of laundry in the back...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
It's the first night with the hotel on "shut down" mode. Don't quite understand how, with basically nothing to do all day, neither 1st or 2nd shift managed to do the 2 rooms worth of laundry in the back...

They haven't come clean with the situation yet?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Or perhaps their enthusiasm has been washed out?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Knock knock!
Who's there?
Spell.
Spell who?
W H O.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
Your dad's brain makes me want Nervous Breakdown Peeps Chili.
Oh good, I'm not only one who gets that compulsion.

STOP MAKING ME WANT FOOD THAT I CAN'T EAT

(for the sake of all those nearby - I'm socially conscious)

If you disagree with everything else I say, trust me on these two things:

1) Please do not make Chidi's peeps chili.

b) Absolutely do not eat Chidi's peeps chili.

Chidi's chili is PEEP!!!!

le.

*thinks* What are peeps?

*opens new tab, searches*

...

I...

OK1, that's it. I'm out.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It seems that my laptop camera died in the middle of yesterday session. It stopped working. I tried to delete and reinstall it in Device Manager. I kept getting it showing back as not working. It was late so I deleted it and turned the computer off. Today it doesn't show at all in device manager when I scan for hardware changes.

Trying to install the drivers manually is unlikely as I have no clue which driver to install from the list.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
captain yesterday wrote:
Feros wrote:

Hey, it could have been worse.

It could have been a much later export...like Justin Bieber.

:p

Funny you should mention that. Guess what my brother's kids listen to.

Waits for second, even bigger apology.

We gave the world Rush.

.

That is all.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:

It seems that my laptop camera died in the middle of yesterday session. It stopped working. I tried to delete and reinstall it in Device Manager. I kept getting it showing back as not working. It was late so I deleted it and turned the computer off. Today it doesn't show at all in device manager when I scan for hardware changes.

Trying to install the drivers manually is unlikely as I have no clue which driver to install from the list.

throws pokeball at Drejk's problem Woran, I choose you! Use Tech Support!

Scarab Sages

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
Drejk wrote:

It seems that my laptop camera died in the middle of yesterday session. It stopped working. I tried to delete and reinstall it in Device Manager. I kept getting it showing back as not working. It was late so I deleted it and turned the computer off. Today it doesn't show at all in device manager when I scan for hardware changes.

Trying to install the drivers manually is unlikely as I have no clue which driver to install from the list.

throws pokeball at Drejk's problem Woran, I choose you! Use Tech Support!

See if there is a universal driver and try that first.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Woran wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Drejk wrote:

It seems that my laptop camera died in the middle of yesterday session. It stopped working. I tried to delete and reinstall it in Device Manager. I kept getting it showing back as not working. It was late so I deleted it and turned the computer off. Today it doesn't show at all in device manager when I scan for hardware changes.

Trying to install the drivers manually is unlikely as I have no clue which driver to install from the list.

throws pokeball at Drejk's problem Woran, I choose you! Use Tech Support!
See if there is a universal driver and try that first.

When I try to add device manually, I get to the list of camera drivers, but it lists a number of specific manufacturers, and I have no idea what the manufacturer of the installed camera is (it always showed as a generic HD WebCam), with no generic usb camera driver on the list. The user manual doesn't contain information about that either.

Notably, the driver that self-installed before this problem occurred yesterday seemed to be a generic USB camera driver but the windows doesn't seem to recognize the camera as camera anymore.

EDIT: Producer's page doesn't have camera drivers either.


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Of course, the real heroes in this whole crisis who aren't getting enough credit and must be absolutely exhausted.

The White House press corps fact checkers.

Those poor people!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Feros wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Feros wrote:

Hey, it could have been worse.

It could have been a much later export...like Justin Bieber.

:p

Funny you should mention that. Guess what my brother's kids listen to.

Waits for second, even bigger apology.

We gave the world Rush.

.

That is all.

Futilely tries to remember a Rush song, gives up.

Yeah, that's not good enough.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

We will however, accept 100 comedians as recompense (I believe you can cover that easily).


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rock n' Roll Troll wrote:
Feros wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Feros wrote:

Hey, it could have been worse.

It could have been a much later export...like Justin Bieber.

:p

Funny you should mention that. Guess what my brother's kids listen to.

Waits for second, even bigger apology.

We gave the world Rush.

.

That is all.

Futilely tries to remember a Rush song, gives up.

Yeah, that's not good enough.

Tom Sawyer is pretty boss.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Rock n' Roll Troll wrote:
Feros wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Feros wrote:

Hey, it could have been worse.

It could have been a much later export...like Justin Bieber.

:p

Funny you should mention that. Guess what my brother's kids listen to.

Waits for second, even bigger apology.

We gave the world Rush.

.

That is all.

Futilely tries to remember a Rush song, gives up.

Yeah, that's not good enough.

The poutine and the ice hockey

All have a part to play,
To form a vast and mighty land,
North of the USA.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Woran wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Drejk wrote:

It seems that my laptop camera died in the middle of yesterday session. It stopped working. I tried to delete and reinstall it in Device Manager. I kept getting it showing back as not working. It was late so I deleted it and turned the computer off. Today it doesn't show at all in device manager when I scan for hardware changes.

Trying to install the drivers manually is unlikely as I have no clue which driver to install from the list.

throws pokeball at Drejk's problem Woran, I choose you! Use Tech Support!
See if there is a universal driver and try that first.

blinks

I can't believe that worked!

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Vagrant Erudite wrote:
Rock n' Roll Troll wrote:
Feros wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Feros wrote:

Hey, it could have been worse.

It could have been a much later export...like Justin Bieber.

:p

Funny you should mention that. Guess what my brother's kids listen to.

Waits for second, even bigger apology.

We gave the world Rush.

.

That is all.

Futilely tries to remember a Rush song, gives up.

Yeah, that's not good enough.

Tom Sawyer is pretty boss.

He was kind of an a#!%~%~ though, wasn't he?

Or maybe I'm just remembering the Disney version.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

VE you have a PM.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
The Vagrant Erudite wrote:
Rock n' Roll Troll wrote:
Feros wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Feros wrote:

Hey, it could have been worse.

It could have been a much later export...like Justin Bieber.

:p

Funny you should mention that. Guess what my brother's kids listen to.

Waits for second, even bigger apology.

We gave the world Rush.

.

That is all.

Futilely tries to remember a Rush song, gives up.

Yeah, that's not good enough.

Tom Sawyer is pretty boss.

hisses in lit teacher But the song's about Huck Finn.......

Freewill's better, anyway.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

My new thing, since I'm pretty far in Fortnite Save the World is to craft a s$~~ load of high level weapons and then go into missions in Stonewood (beginner's land) and start throwing them out like candy in a parade for all the 8 year olds trying to trade with everyone.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Woran wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Drejk wrote:

It seems that my laptop camera died in the middle of yesterday session. It stopped working. I tried to delete and reinstall it in Device Manager. I kept getting it showing back as not working. It was late so I deleted it and turned the computer off. Today it doesn't show at all in device manager when I scan for hardware changes.

Trying to install the drivers manually is unlikely as I have no clue which driver to install from the list.

throws pokeball at Drejk's problem Woran, I choose you! Use Tech Support!
See if there is a universal driver and try that first.

blinks

I can't believe that worked!

Don't strain your brain believing. It didn't :P


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Woran wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Drejk wrote:

It seems that my laptop camera died in the middle of yesterday session. It stopped working. I tried to delete and reinstall it in Device Manager. I kept getting it showing back as not working. It was late so I deleted it and turned the computer off. Today it doesn't show at all in device manager when I scan for hardware changes.

Trying to install the drivers manually is unlikely as I have no clue which driver to install from the list.

throws pokeball at Drejk's problem Woran, I choose you! Use Tech Support!
See if there is a universal driver and try that first.

blinks

I can't believe that worked!

Don't strain your brain believing. It didn't :P

Woran uses Tech Support!

Its not very effective...

Okay, Woran, take a break!

throws other pokeball at Drejk's problem

Go! Vanykyre!

Use Service Ticket!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Woran wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Drejk wrote:

It seems that my laptop camera died in the middle of yesterday session. It stopped working. I tried to delete and reinstall it in Device Manager. I kept getting it showing back as not working. It was late so I deleted it and turned the computer off. Today it doesn't show at all in device manager when I scan for hardware changes.

Trying to install the drivers manually is unlikely as I have no clue which driver to install from the list.

throws pokeball at Drejk's problem Woran, I choose you! Use Tech Support!
See if there is a universal driver and try that first.

blinks

I can't believe that worked!

Don't strain your brain believing. It didn't :P

Woran uses Tech Support!

Its not very effective...

Okay, Woran, take a break!

throws other pokeball at Drejk's problem

Go! Vanykyre!

Use Service Ticket!

I don't think that will work the way you think it will work.

Anyway, I don't think they have enough information to work with...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
VE you have a PM.

Replied to you, mine draconic bretheren.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Cap, I meant this Tom Sawyer.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Ah! Yeah, I don't care for them.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I was so beat after work last night I forgot to look at FaWtL.

...a gross conceptual error.

Someone said upthread that there's going to be issues between those considered 'vital' or 'essential' and those who are should be sitting on their asses at home or any other gorram place OTHER than where the 'essential' people are at practicing proper social distancing measures and respecting the sacrifices that the 'essential' folks are making on their behalf.

Unfortunately, as NH indicated... we have a huge chunk of #3 who think it's just a nice excuse to have an extended Spring Break LET'S ALL GO SHOPPING WITH THE WHOLE FAMILY BECAUSE WE'RE BORED STAYING AT HOME! who AREN'T practicing even the most minimal of distancing... and several of them have been coughing and hacking, and then give us looks like we're a%$*!@&s for jumping away from them and then running away from them....

What the self-entitled pricks of all social classes don't realize is that if WE get sick, the store closes. And then they're f#%#ed.


11 people marked this as a favorite.

Hi everyone,
I hope all of you are safe and healthy.
those of you who are facebook friends of my wife know, that she is in a battle with breast cancer at the moment (tumor shrinked 20% -good news).
thankfully my company has send everyone not directly in production into home office, so I can support her and the kids

How are you all, doing?
I miss the old FaWtL times sometimes


2 people marked this as a favorite.
aeglos wrote:

Hi everyone,

I hope all of you are safe and healthy.
those of you who are facebook friends of my wife know, that she is in a battle with breast cancer at the moment (tumor shrinked 20% -good news).
thankfully my company has send everyone not directly in production into home office, so I can support her and the kids

Crap. I have missed that - though it explains her recent photo that blinked on my facebook recently. Best of luck to both of you. May it shrink into nothingness.

Quote:

How are you all, doing?

I miss the old FaWtL times sometimes

Alive and moderately well. I am such a cave dweller no-life, that the only effect of COVID for me is switching from tabletop sessions to online recently, and having to make bigger groceries less often.


Freehold DM wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

They fixed that in 2nd edition.

No more random monster tables.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO
I'm with FDH, here.
Who?

You-who!

(Though, uh, I think autocorrect did something. I CERTAINLY CAN MEVRE HAVE RONG SZPELLING! that sentence was so much harder to read thanks to the accidental mistakes combing the intentional ones that I felt it merited actually mentioning. Wow)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Also, Yoohoo is delicious.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Feros wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
we have Littles.
And don't forget house hippos!
Hey, Feros! Nice to see you!

Don't mind the Canadian lurking about the place.

All perfectly normal!

<.<

>.>

:)

Sounds legit!

EDIT:

The Vagrant Erudite wrote:
They gave us several giants in the world of comedy. I, for one, appreciate Canadian imports.

Is... is this a “Short” joke?

If so I appreciate it!
If not, I appreciate it anyway!

Spoiler:
I mean Martin Short, y’all


Vanykrye wrote:

Migraine all day. I go down for a day and TL reappears with a mighty vengeance. 165 posts. Mostly TL.

Well done.

Now I'm going back to bed.

I helped!

243,151 to 243,200 of 246,745 << first < prev | 4859 | 4860 | 4861 | 4862 | 4863 | 4864 | 4865 | 4866 | 4867 | 4868 | 4869 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.