Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

240,751 to 240,800 of 246,792 << first < prev | 4811 | 4812 | 4813 | 4814 | 4815 | 4816 | 4817 | 4818 | 4819 | 4820 | 4821 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Limey Of Barsoom wrote:

Apparently, we're going to pause 'Kingmaker' for a bit and play Starfinder instead.

What are the chances of me making a character that resembles a) Thars Tharkas or b) a version of Dejah Thoris who can do something bar act snippy and get captured?

Pretty good, I'd say.

didn't she put bullets between eyes originally? Or was she just snarky to her capturers?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I would indeed strip if captured.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

I think I can say this without getting hit with the political bike:

As is typical in the days before an election, canvassers are running amok in our neighborhood, banging on doors with the regularity of a health nut on a Metamucil and bran muffin diet.

On our door is an elegant little sign that GothBard found and purchased that reads,
"NO
Soliciting
Fundraising
Politics
Salesmen
Religion
Thank You."

I don't know whether it's blowback from the 2018 canvassing (that was amazingly obnoxious), but every single canvasser who has knocked on my door has turned around and walked away, with a sheepish, "Sorry! I didn't see your sign!"

Well-trained canvassers who (almost) respect your sign! Who'd've thunk?

(Of course the Devil's Advocate in me says they're trained to do exactly that so I'll feel sorry for them and listen to their spiel, but I play the Grumpy Old Man card very, very well, thank you!)

You? Grumpy? I cannot believe such things, Papa Nobodyshome!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:

One of my technicians is doomed.

His oldest daughter is 6. He leaves the office every day around 2:20ish to go pick her up from school, then he works the remainder of his day from home.

I just told him as he was packing up "You know, one day she's going to say 'Daddy, why can't I walk home from school?' and on that day you're going to know she's got a boyfriend or girlfriend."

Again, she's 6. I say this kind of crap just to get him riled up. And to a lesser degree, mentally prepared. Because it *will* happen.

He looks at me and says "Just yesterday she told me she has a boy that kisses her, 'but we can't kiss in school unless the teacher's not looking.'

I used to have a girlfriend in pre-k when I was younger(5, I think). Her name was Alexis. We used to kiss in the coat closet when we weren't learning all the time. It was adorable. The teachers thought it cute but would try to dissuade us. We were there to learn, after all. Eventually she switched pre-k classes and I was saddened. She did come back once. There were cheers all around. I helped her with her coat, a big white fuzzy thing, but we didnt make out or anything after that- the moment had passed and we were just friends from then on.

I do wonder what she is doing now.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

A Harvard scientist team announced discovering extraterrestrial protein within an examined meteorite...

This is not yet confirmed or falsified by peer review, though.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Drejk wrote:

A Harvard scientist team announced discovering extraterrestrial protein within an examined meteorite...

This is not yet confirmed or falsified by peer review, though.

I bet it just tastes like chicken.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It's snowing.

Of course, with a high temperature in the forties it won't stick around.


Woran wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
But does the common cold do Cold damage?

It's in the name, Limey! It's in the naaaaaaaaaaame.

Limeylongears wrote:
If so, then let us wreak havoc on the City of Brass with a Maximised Woran's Sneezing Tsunami spell.
They actually have people who cast spells, though! That's daaaaangerous!
We'll be an unstobable force of sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!

A-choo!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Woran wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

The General took the kids to a pet store "Just to look at the animals".

This was a mistake.

Though to her credit she didn't bring anything home, but now I have to hear constant "Can we get a bunny/cat/other, dad!?".

"No, we're having pot roast. Maybe for your birthday."

Nope, that's what my parents did to me, and unfortunately, they backed it up.

"We got you a pig for your birthday!"

Six months later...

Dad hands me a rifle "Remember that pig we got you for your birthday..."

A true story.

And yes, they named the meat packages in the freezer so my mom would happily reply "We're have Petunia bacon today!" It almost made me hate bacon.

Also the reason why I live in a city.

We had a pig every year, for eating. But they are so smart and kind that you always get attached. Luckily I didnt have to kill it myself.

We did end up giving them all the same name, so we could pretend it was just the same pig...

I may have to stop eating sausage if this keeps up.


Drejk wrote:

A Harvard scientist team announced discovering extraterrestrial protein within an examined meteorite...

This is not yet confirmed or falsified by peer review, though.

captain yesterday wrote:
I bet it just tastes like chicken.

"All Natural Protein - Feeding Our Heroes, Uniting the Sky"


Fffffffffffffffffffffffarfig newton, iZombie just got "real."

Q.Q

(Season 4, Episode 5; Amby, at least, should know what I'm talking about.)


S4,E6 - aw, that poor guy. He was really trying!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Limey Of Barsoom wrote:

Apparently, we're going to pause 'Kingmaker' for a bit and play Starfinder instead.

What are the chances of me making a character that resembles a) Thars Tharkas or b) a version of Dejah Thoris who can do something bar act snippy and get captured?

Pretty good, I'd say.

didn't she put bullets between eyes originally? Or was she just snarky to her capturers?

She may have transfixed a Barsoomian cad with a slim, jewelled dagger on one occasion and struck another around the face with a gorgeously embossed bracelet on another; I don't recall her shooting anyone (in the books - only read one or two of the comics)


Limeylongears wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Limey Of Barsoom wrote:

Apparently, we're going to pause 'Kingmaker' for a bit and play Starfinder instead.

What are the chances of me making a character that resembles a) Thars Tharkas or b) a version of Dejah Thoris who can do something bar act snippy and get captured?

Pretty good, I'd say.

didn't she put bullets between eyes originally? Or was she just snarky to her capturers?
She may have transfixed a Barsoomian cad with a slim, jewelled dagger on one occasion and struck another around the face with a gorgeously embossed bracelet on another; I don't recall her shooting anyone (in the books - only read one or two of the comics)

I didn't remember her shooting anyone, either, though, unfortunately, it's been long enough that what I mostly remember these days is the movie.

(Don't hate me.)

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

So, I had a weird dream. Apparently I was asking people on my nwn server what to do next after finishing my current storylines and the consensus was to run a plotline called Stone Cold Throne. Which admittedly is a pretty boss storyline name.

Unfortunately I have no idea what it is yet. But it's now in my head.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
GM Umbral Ultimatum wrote:

So, I had a weird dream. Apparently I was asking people on my nwn server what to do next after finishing my current storylines and the consensus was to run a plotline called Stone Cold Throne. Which admittedly is a pretty boss storyline name.

Unfortunately I have no idea what it is yet. But it's now in my head.

It's what Steve Austin sat on after winning King of the Ring.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ba dum tish!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

Fffffffffffffffffffffffarfig newton, iZombie just got "real."

Q.Q

(Season 4, Episode 5; Amby, at least, should know what I'm talking about.)

Hmm... we may need to give it another chance. We really enjoyed Season 1, but it quickly degenerated into SO many unpleasant tropes towards the end of Season 1 or Season 2 that we ended up just turning it off.

Of course, having time to watch TV is another matter entirely; I'm lucky to get in one day a month where I get in 2-3 hours of TV. I just have too many other things I enjoy more...


NobodysHome wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:

Fffffffffffffffffffffffarfig newton, iZombie just got "real."

Q.Q

(Season 4, Episode 5; Amby, at least, should know what I'm talking about.)

Hmm... we may need to give it another chance. We really enjoyed Season 1, but it quickly degenerated into SO many unpleasant tropes towards the end of Season 1 or Season 2 that we ended up just turning it off.

Of course, having time to watch TV is another matter entirely; I'm lucky to get in one day a month where I get in 2-3 hours of TV. I just have too many other things I enjoy more...

I... I don't know if you should.

Season 3 was... not a good time.


Season 4 has been... ooooooooookay, so far.

There are several really good moments, but there is a bunch of needless or annoying stuff, too.


I'm going to be honest - it's a guilty pleasure at best.

I am enjoying it, but... it's mostly because of how silly it's gotten.

Season three was a total degradation in many ways, and Season four has used that to its advantage, if that makes sense.

I can't really recommend you take the time to watch it - I don't know that getting there is... a valid use of time.

(I'm just doing house things while it's on - I get to see a lot more more easily as a result.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I'm just glad it's warming up outside so I'll have way less time to watch TV.


I will say, the fact that they still play D&D (and love it) is loooovely.


The fact that people continuously forget to lock doors when engaging in private moments in a place they know there are lots of people moving around is... a fact that keeps on showing up.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Tacticslion wrote:
Woran wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
But does the common cold do Cold damage?

It's in the name, Limey! It's in the naaaaaaaaaaame.

Limeylongears wrote:
If so, then let us wreak havoc on the City of Brass with a Maximised Woran's Sneezing Tsunami spell.
They actually have people who cast spells, though! That's daaaaangerous!
We'll be an unstobable force of sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!
A-choo!

Ow yeah, I forgot all about Jubilex. Oozes are awesome.


Tacticslion wrote:

I'm going to be honest - it's a guilty pleasure at best.

I am enjoying it, but... it's mostly because of how silly it's gotten.

So, just as an example, episode 10 is so daggum referential, it actually makes jokes about its own budget constraints and limits by making jokes about a different zombie show (that actually exists), while making a non-stop series of cop movie cliche references.


I mean. I love it. But. Wow.


Just... just... wwwwwwwwwwow.


And suddenly, soap opera~! (Again)


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Working from home is such a funny thing.

For me, I start at 6:30 in the morning, and the first thing I do is break down my day into half-hour chunks of time, figure out what I should be able to accomplish in that half hour, and then try to keep up with that schedule. If I get ahead (which I frequently do), I get to relax a bit. So I have no issues with motivation or what-have-you; I'm perfectly happy talking to people via IM or email.

GothBard's in a "work from home" test today just in case the coronavirus gets really bad in the Bay Area, and she's facing a lot of frustration because she can't just stand up and walk over to another person's desk and talk with them; she has to use Slack or IM, and it's much more of a pain to see each other's screens. So working from home is definitely not for everyone.

And Shiro, of course, says he could never do it because he'd never actually work. I doubt that, but it's his excuse for going to work every day...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Aiymi just bought me a “new” (1999) album from a weird little band called Rocket Scientists. The longest song on the album is called “Break the Silence”. It’s 14:38 of silence, and it’s not just tacked onto the end of the album. There are still two tracks after it. I’m both amused and filled with rage.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hello, everyone!


Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:

I'm going to be honest - it's a guilty pleasure at best.

I am enjoying it, but... it's mostly because of how silly it's gotten.

So, just as an example, episode 10 is so daggum referential, it actually makes jokes about its own budget constraints and limits by making jokes about a different zombie show (that actually exists), while making a non-stop series of cop movie cliche references.

... but then again, episode 11, like 5 has really powerful emotional moments built up for, like, half the season and paid off well.

Also, I'm not crying, b-baka.

>:I

Q.Q


Yo, John!

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

Today, at the dentist, I realized I have a filling in my tooth older then my coworker.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Woran wrote:
Today, at the dentist, I realized I have a filling in my tooth older then my coworker.

I have a filling in my tooth older than most FaWtL members. (I believe it's currently 45. It's one of my first adult teeth to come in, got a filling as it was coming in, and the filling's stayed there ever since.)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Working from home is such a funny thing.

For me, I start at 6:30 in the morning, and the first thing I do is break down my day into half-hour chunks of time, figure out what I should be able to accomplish in that half hour, and then try to keep up with that schedule. If I get ahead (which I frequently do), I get to relax a bit. So I have no issues with motivation or what-have-you; I'm perfectly happy talking to people via IM or email.

GothBard's in a "work from home" test today just in case the coronavirus gets really bad in the Bay Area, and she's facing a lot of frustration because she can't just stand up and walk over to another person's desk and talk with them; she has to use Slack or IM, and it's much more of a pain to see each other's screens. So working from home is definitely not for everyone.

And Shiro, of course, says he could never do it because he'd never actually work. I doubt that, but it's his excuse for going to work every day...

If I had a choice between two jobs, and one paid twice as much but the other let me work from home, I'd take the from home option every damn time.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'd work from home more often, but invariably that's when something happens that requires my physical presence at the office, even though only about 5% of my job even deals with the office I'm based out of.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I'm definitely in the "can't work from home I don't care how much you pay me" camp.

Of course that's mostly because I can't fit my house AND a load of gravel on one dump truck, it's one or the other.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

I'm definitely in the "can't work from home I don't care how much you pay me" camp.

Of course that's mostly because I can't fit my house AND a load of gravel on one dump truck, it's one or the other.

I can't believe you're not thinking of this. You just load the house with the gravel, then put the house on the truck. Solved.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Vanykrye wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

I'm definitely in the "can't work from home I don't care how much you pay me" camp.

Of course that's mostly because I can't fit my house AND a load of gravel on one dump truck, it's one or the other.

I can't believe you're not thinking of this. You just load the house with the gravel, then put the house on the truck. Solved.

I mean sure, if it's just me, but there's the dog and then I'd have to kick the wife and kids out because I go to work earlier than they do.

Also, there's weight restrictions to think about, I can't have a full library of Pathfinder books and a load of gravel in the house at the same time.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Woran wrote:
Today, at the dentist, I realized I have a filling in my tooth older then my coworker.

I have a filling in my tooth older than most FaWtL members. (I believe it's currently 45. It's one of my first adult teeth to come in, got a filling as it was coming in, and the filling's stayed there ever since.)

wow.

You're YOUNG, Papa Nobodyshome! So very young!

Scarab Sages

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:
Woran wrote:
Today, at the dentist, I realized I have a filling in my tooth older then my coworker.

I have a filling in my tooth older than most FaWtL members. (I believe it's currently 45. It's one of my first adult teeth to come in, got a filling as it was coming in, and the filling's stayed there ever since.)

Ooooooooooooh your filling is almost older then MrT!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

And Shiro, of course, says he could never do it because he'd never actually work. I doubt that, but it's his excuse for going to work every day...

Guilty... Or at least it would be something I'd seriously struggle with. I have enough trouble keeping focused on work in a work environment.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Why I love Pathfinder 806: You never hear anyone say "That goat ate my shield" playing D&D.


10 people marked this as a favorite.

I couldn't work from home. I don't want the children in my house.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Oh my word. Real Jamaican food by a real Jamaican ex-pat.

So good.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

Oh my word. Real Jamaican food by a real Jamaican ex-pat.

So good.

An ex-pat!?

Oh god, Tom Brady IS leaving for the Titans, isn't he!!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

That's a treasure, alright.

In other news, I got asked for ID when buying whiskey today.

This is the first time that has happened since I was 16-17 and not legally around to do it; I can't think of any way that I look under the legal age for buying alcohol now.

I didn't have any ID, as it happened, but I took my hat off and showed the cashier my fine collection of grey & white hairs and she let me off.

My life.

240,751 to 240,800 of 246,792 << first < prev | 4811 | 4812 | 4813 | 4814 | 4815 | 4816 | 4817 | 4818 | 4819 | 4820 | 4821 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.