Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

240,701 to 240,750 of 246,636 << first < prev | 4810 | 4811 | 4812 | 4813 | 4814 | 4815 | 4816 | 4817 | 4818 | 4819 | 4820 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

*Gets dressed*
Hello, everyone!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Quite uncouth my good sir.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Properly_groomed_vid wrote:
Quite uncouth my good sir.

I'm sorry, but I'm at work. And it's cold here.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
Properly_groomed_vid wrote:
Quite uncouth my good sir.
I'm sorry, but I'm at work. And it's cold here.

If it is quite cold then one should remained dressed!


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Properly_groomed_vid wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Properly_groomed_vid wrote:
Quite uncouth my good sir.
I'm sorry, but I'm at work. And it's cold here.
If it is quite cold then one should remained dressed!

When one is dressed

To be impressed
One is often stressed
And can get messed
Especially in security, so pour some tea, don’t you see?
Pour a cup for you and me! Another for he, that makes three!
Oh no! Alas! Behold this impasse!
We spilled and though thrilled by his uniform shield, he wield his field to scrub till(‘d) it be clean!
That’s not mean
That’s the scene
During times this lean
Gotta be clean

So he strip and scrub and put it in the tub

And then he puts it on again.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Troposphere, man - the bane of my existential crisis.


WOW


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Troposphere, man - the bane of my existential crisis.

I was going to write,

“Typos, man the bane of my existence.”

... but maybe it’s better this way.

(It’s not.)

EDIT: you know what? Changed my mind! If the troposphere can aluminate eliminate any existential crisis that I have, that’s a good thing! Suck on that troposphere, existential crisis!

E2: now I’m beginning to thing talk-type and autocorrect are just conspiring to mess with me.


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

The General took the kids to a pet store "Just to look at the animals".

This was a mistake.

Though to her credit she didn't bring anything home, but now I have to hear constant "Can we get a bunny/cat/other, dad!?".


10 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

The General took the kids to a pet store "Just to look at the animals".

This was a mistake.

Though to her credit she didn't bring anything home, but now I have to hear constant "Can we get a bunny/cat/other, dad!?".

"No, we're having pot roast. Maybe for your birthday."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

The General took the kids to a pet store "Just to look at the animals".

This was a mistake.

Though to her credit she didn't bring anything home, but now I have to hear constant "Can we get a bunny/cat/other, dad!?".

"No, we're having pot roast. Maybe for your birthday."

I cannot favorite this enough.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:


[citation needed]

Tacticslion wrote:


Sure!

<stuff>

Limeylongears wrote:


...But do they have mucous membranes? Do they actually breathe?

Ah-heh-heh-heh-hem!

In that post wrote:

Elemental Subtype

It wrote:

<snip>

Elementals do not breathe, eat, or sleep.

(Also mentioned in the immediate follow-up! XD)

But! Lest we forget!

Still me wrote:

Fire subtype

It wrote:

Fire Subtype

A creature with the fire subtype has immunity to fire and vulnerability to cold.

>:D

But does the common cold do Cold damage?

If so, then let us wreak havoc on the City of Brass with a Maximised Woran's Sneezing Tsunami spell.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The trouble with tumbles.

(A GCPGrey video.)


Limeylongears wrote:
But does the common cold do Cold damage?

It's in the name, Limey! It's in the naaaaaaaaaaame.

Limeylongears wrote:
If so, then let us wreak havoc on the City of Brass with a Maximised Woran's Sneezing Tsunami spell.

They actually have people who cast spells, though! That's daaaaangerous!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Scintillae wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

The General took the kids to a pet store "Just to look at the animals".

This was a mistake.

Though to her credit she didn't bring anything home, but now I have to hear constant "Can we get a bunny/cat/other, dad!?".

"No, we're having pot roast. Maybe for your birthday."

Nope, that's what my parents did to me, and unfortunately, they backed it up.

"We got you a pig for your birthday!"

Six months later...

Dad hands me a rifle "Remember that pig we got you for your birthday..."

A true story.

And yes, they named the meat packages in the freezer so my mom would happily reply "We're have Petunia bacon today!" It almost made me hate bacon.

Also the reason why I live in a city.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

The General took the kids to a pet store "Just to look at the animals".

This was a mistake.

Though to her credit she didn't bring anything home, but now I have to hear constant "Can we get a bunny/cat/other, dad!?".

Mom used to me that constantly, thinking it would make up for her allergies/apartment policies forbidding pets. It did not.

We eventually did get one cat, but we had to give him away due to allergies. He went to a loving family.

Mom tried to fill the gap with birds and fish, and they worked but not particularly well. I still miss my birds, most of them lives to a ripe old age, but seeing them pass away was hard on me.

We got very lucky with one cat we got when I was much older- mom wasnt allergic to her for some reason. But she passed away suddenly and the shock was so great for mom she refused to get another pet.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

The General took the kids to a pet store "Just to look at the animals".

This was a mistake.

Though to her credit she didn't bring anything home, but now I have to hear constant "Can we get a bunny/cat/other, dad!?".

"No, we're having pot roast. Maybe for your birthday."

Nope, that's what my parents did to me, and unfortunately, they backed it up.

"We got you a pig for your birthday!"

Six months later...

Dad hands me a rifle "Remember that pig we got you for your birthday..."

A true story.

And yes, they named the meat packages in the freezer so my mom would happily reply "We're have Petunia bacon today!" It almost made me hate bacon.

Also the reason why I live in a city.

I think I said before that that is monstrous. If not, then I will say it here. That is MONSTROUS.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Glad weekends are a thing. Too bad they also end, haha.

Been trying to blast through all my deadlines, with mixed results.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

The General took the kids to a pet store "Just to look at the animals".

This was a mistake.

Though to her credit she didn't bring anything home, but now I have to hear constant "Can we get a bunny/cat/other, dad!?".

"No, we're having pot roast. Maybe for your birthday."

Nope, that's what my parents did to me, and unfortunately, they backed it up.

"We got you a pig for your birthday!"

Six months later...

Dad hands me a rifle "Remember that pig we got you for your birthday..."

A true story.

And yes, they named the meat packages in the freezer so my mom would happily reply "We're have Petunia bacon today!" It almost made me hate bacon.

Also the reason why I live in a city.

I think I said before that that is monstrous. If not, then I will say it here. That is MONSTROUS.

Not specific to Cap's case, but in general for small town and farm kids in the Midwest, this is somewhat routine. Not usually to the extreme that Cap's parents took it, but yeah, this is generally how we get taught not to name every cow, pig, and chicken on the farm.


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Icyshadow wrote:

Glad weekends are a thing. Too bad they also end, haha.

Been trying to blast through all my deadlines, with mixed results.

Douglas Adams knew how you feel. "I love deadlines. I love the sound they make as they go whooshing by." (possibly paraphrased)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

My X-wife did that to our kids. (AFTER we separated) ;P

She moved to a 'farm', and bought cows, and pigs, and named each one like a pet. And basically told the kids they were their pets.

I told her I would have at least named them honestly.

"THIS pig is 'Bacon', THIS pig is 'Sausage', THIS pig is 'Christmas Ham',..."

:)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The whole thing with naming a farm creature as a pet then turning it into food is actually a plot point in the anime Silver Spoon.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
But does the common cold do Cold damage?

It's in the name, Limey! It's in the naaaaaaaaaaame.

This just in: hedgehogs do Sonic damage.

The Authorities must be informed.


Limeylongears wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
But does the common cold do Cold damage?

It's in the name, Limey! It's in the naaaaaaaaaaame.

This just in: hedgehogs do Sonic damage.

The Authorities must be informed.

Gotta go fast!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

The General took the kids to a pet store "Just to look at the animals".

This was a mistake.

Though to her credit she didn't bring anything home, but now I have to hear constant "Can we get a bunny/cat/other, dad!?".

"No, we're having pot roast. Maybe for your birthday."

Nope, that's what my parents did to me, and unfortunately, they backed it up.

"We got you a pig for your birthday!"

Six months later...

Dad hands me a rifle "Remember that pig we got you for your birthday..."

A true story.

And yes, they named the meat packages in the freezer so my mom would happily reply "We're have Petunia bacon today!" It almost made me hate bacon.

Also the reason why I live in a city.

I think I said before that that is monstrous. If not, then I will say it here. That is MONSTROUS.
Not specific to Cap's case, but in general for small town and farm kids in the Midwest, this is somewhat routine. Not usually to the extreme that Cap's parents took it, but yeah, this is generally how we get taught not to name every cow, pig, and chicken on the farm.

My parents weren't extreme, they were dirt poor, we butchered everything ourselves if we wanted enough protein to feed ten people.

It just so happens I was the only one who woke up before noon so I got all the hard jobs.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

The General took the kids to a pet store "Just to look at the animals".

This was a mistake.

Though to her credit she didn't bring anything home, but now I have to hear constant "Can we get a bunny/cat/other, dad!?".

"No, we're having pot roast. Maybe for your birthday."

Nope, that's what my parents did to me, and unfortunately, they backed it up.

"We got you a pig for your birthday!"

Six months later...

Dad hands me a rifle "Remember that pig we got you for your birthday..."

A true story.

And yes, they named the meat packages in the freezer so my mom would happily reply "We're have Petunia bacon today!" It almost made me hate bacon.

Also the reason why I live in a city.

I think I said before that that is monstrous. If not, then I will say it here. That is MONSTROUS.
Not specific to Cap's case, but in general for small town and farm kids in the Midwest, this is somewhat routine. Not usually to the extreme that Cap's parents took it, but yeah, this is generally how we get taught not to name every cow, pig, and chicken on the farm.

My parents weren't extreme, they were dirt poor, we butchered everything ourselves if we wanted enough protein to feed ten people.

It just so happens I was the only one who woke up before noon so I got all the hard jobs.

Clarification. I don't mean to say/imply your parents were extreme people. I know that's not the case. I'm only talking about the part where you had to kill the animal that "you got for your birthday". That's the "less usual" and "more extreme" side of that situation/harsh lesson.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

You've obviously never been around for one of my birthdays.

At least I didn't have to kill it on my birthday.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My relief is here. Have a good evening everyone.


9 people marked this as a favorite.

One of my technicians is doomed.

His oldest daughter is 6. He leaves the office every day around 2:20ish to go pick her up from school, then he works the remainder of his day from home.

I just told him as he was packing up "You know, one day she's going to say 'Daddy, why can't I walk home from school?' and on that day you're going to know she's got a boyfriend or girlfriend."

Again, she's 6. I say this kind of crap just to get him riled up. And to a lesser degree, mentally prepared. Because it *will* happen.

He looks at me and says "Just yesterday she told me she has a boy that kisses her, 'but we can't kiss in school unless the teacher's not looking.' I'm not ready for this s$!@, and you know way too much about things happening in my life without me telling you. Who do you work for? Which agency?"


9 people marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:

One of my technicians is doomed.

His oldest daughter is 6. He leaves the office every day around 2:20ish to go pick her up from school, then he works the remainder of his day from home.

I just told him as he was packing up "You know, one day she's going to say 'Daddy, why can't I walk home from school?' and on that day you're going to know she's got a boyfriend or girlfriend."

Again, she's 6. I say this kind of crap just to get him riled up. And to a lesser degree, mentally prepared. Because it *will* happen.

He looks at me and says "Just yesterday she told me she has a boy that kisses her, 'but we can't kiss in school unless the teacher's not looking.' I'm not ready for this s%%%, and you know way too much about things happening in my life without me telling you. Who do you work for? Which agency?"

"My agency does not exist. It has no agents. In fact we aren't even talking about this. This conversation never happened."


7 people marked this as a favorite.

watches Quizlet randomly assign groups for review
"Okay. Looks like we've got the sea turtles, tigers, and zebras."
"Woo, sea turtles! We get to eat plastic and die!"


9 people marked this as a favorite.

Tala's mom, who had been in a coma when Tala got pregnant last summer, woke up when she heard about the baby. I don't know if I shared that news, but it was a genuine miracle at the time, and wonderful. Further, she has been doing physical therapy ever since to make sure that by the time the baby was born, she'd be able to make it for the birth.

Labor is being induced next Monday (cause Tala is in "GET IT OUT" mode at this point), and her grandparents surprised her by renting a handicap van just so they can drive her mom up, cause her mom isn't quite ready to ride a airplane, but can at least drive up here.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ragadolf wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:

One of my technicians is doomed.

His oldest daughter is 6. He leaves the office every day around 2:20ish to go pick her up from school, then he works the remainder of his day from home.

I just told him as he was packing up "You know, one day she's going to say 'Daddy, why can't I walk home from school?' and on that day you're going to know she's got a boyfriend or girlfriend."

Again, she's 6. I say this kind of crap just to get him riled up. And to a lesser degree, mentally prepared. Because it *will* happen.

He looks at me and says "Just yesterday she told me she has a boy that kisses her, 'but we can't kiss in school unless the teacher's not looking.' I'm not ready for this s%%%, and you know way too much about things happening in my life without me telling you. Who do you work for? Which agency?"

"My agency does not exist. It has no agents. In fact we aren't even talking about this. This conversation never happened."

I would told you, but I really don't want to have you killed.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
The Vagrant Erudite wrote:

Tala's mom, who had been in a coma when Tala got pregnant last summer, woke up when she heard about the baby. I don't know if I shared that news, but it was a genuine miracle at the time, and wonderful. Further, she has been doing physical therapy ever since to make sure that by the time the baby was born, she'd be able to make it for the birth.

Labor is being induced next Monday (cause Tala is in "GET IT OUT" mode at this point), and her grandparents surprised her by renting a handicap van just so they can drive her mom up, cause her mom isn't quite ready to ride a airplane, but can at least drive up here.

AWRIGHT


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
The Vagrant Erudite wrote:

Tala's mom, who had been in a coma when Tala got pregnant last summer, woke up when she heard about the baby. I don't know if I shared that news, but it was a genuine miracle at the time, and wonderful. Further, she has been doing physical therapy ever since to make sure that by the time the baby was born, she'd be able to make it for the birth.

Labor is being induced next Monday (cause Tala is in "GET IT OUT" mode at this point), and her grandparents surprised her by renting a handicap van just so they can drive her mom up, cause her mom isn't quite ready to ride a airplane, but can at least drive up here.

AWRIGHT

Wow! That’s awesome, TVE!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

HANDICAPABLE ROAD TRIP!!!!


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Apparently, we're going to pause 'Kingmaker' for a bit and play Starfinder instead.

What are the chances of me making a character that resembles a) Thars Tharkas or b) a version of Dejah Thoris who can do something bar act snippy and get captured?

Pretty good, I'd say.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:

One of my technicians is doomed.

His oldest daughter is 6. He leaves the office every day around 2:20ish to go pick her up from school, then he works the remainder of his day from home.

I just told him as he was packing up "You know, one day she's going to say 'Daddy, why can't I walk home from school?' and on that day you're going to know she's got a boyfriend or girlfriend."

Again, she's 6. I say this kind of crap just to get him riled up. And to a lesser degree, mentally prepared. Because it *will* happen.

He looks at me and says "Just yesterday she told me she has a boy that kisses her, 'but we can't kiss in school unless the teacher's not looking.' I'm not ready for this s&*&, and you know way too much about things happening in my life without me telling you. Who do you work for? Which agency?"

My Eldest told me about a girl that kept pulling him aside where the teachers couldn't see every recess and giving him kisses. Three years ago.

(This is the same year he had two girls - one of which was her - fighting over him. They haven't been in the same class for the last two years, but they have remained friends. He has other girls that "aren't" girlfriends, now. I must admit that I am a bit nervous about how... quickly and easily they all take to such things. That said, he so-far hasn't indicated anything else like that has happened, and he's usually quite open and honest about such things.)


Limey Of Barsoom wrote:

Apparently, we're going to pause 'Kingmaker' for a bit and play Starfinder instead.

What are the chances of me making a character that resembles a) Thars Tharkas or b) a version of Dejah Thoris who can do something bar act snippy and get captured?

Pretty good, I'd say.

Ooooooooooh, ye-hes~!


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I think I can say this without getting hit with the political bike:

As is typical in the days before an election, canvassers are running amok in our neighborhood, banging on doors with the regularity of a health nut on a Metamucil and bran muffin diet.

On our door is an elegant little sign that GothBard found and purchased that reads,
"NO
Soliciting
Fundraising
Politics
Salesmen
Religion
Thank You."

I don't know whether it's blowback from the 2018 canvassing (that was amazingly obnoxious), but every single canvasser who has knocked on my door has turned around and walked away, with a sheepish, "Sorry! I didn't see your sign!"

Well-trained canvassers who (almost) respect your sign! Who'd've thunk?

(Of course the Devil's Advocate in me says they're trained to do exactly that so I'll feel sorry for them and listen to their spiel, but I play the Grumpy Old Man card very, very well, thank you!)


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I once told a democratic canvasser if they kept knocking on my door I'd vote for Mike Huckabee. No one has knocked on my door for either side since then, and that was a long, long time ago.


captain yesterday wrote:
I once told a democratic canvasser if they kept knocking on my door I'd vote for Mike Huckabee. No one has knocked on my door for either side since then, and that was a long, long time ago.

Isn't that the guy who owns a chain of restaurants that specialize in chicken pot pies?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
I once told a democratic canvasser if they kept knocking on my door I'd vote for Mike Huckabee. No one has knocked on my door for either side since then, and that was a long, long time ago.

Well, what's funny to me is that California became an "open primary" state a decade or two ago, and yet somehow they've gone back to being a "closed primary" state. I have no idea how it works legally, but as an independent, I got to vote for...

...nobody...

So the canvassers are wasting their time at my door anyway.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
The Vagrant Erudite wrote:

Tala's mom, who had been in a coma when Tala got pregnant last summer, woke up when she heard about the baby. I don't know if I shared that news, but it was a genuine miracle at the time, and wonderful. Further, she has been doing physical therapy ever since to make sure that by the time the baby was born, she'd be able to make it for the birth.

Labor is being induced next Monday (cause Tala is in "GET IT OUT" mode at this point), and her grandparents surprised her by renting a handicap van just so they can drive her mom up, cause her mom isn't quite ready to ride a airplane, but can at least drive up here.

Congratulations! Glad to hear she's on the mend.

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Ragadolf wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:

One of my technicians is doomed.

His oldest daughter is 6. He leaves the office every day around 2:20ish to go pick her up from school, then he works the remainder of his day from home.

I just told him as he was packing up "You know, one day she's going to say 'Daddy, why can't I walk home from school?' and on that day you're going to know she's got a boyfriend or girlfriend."

Again, she's 6. I say this kind of crap just to get him riled up. And to a lesser degree, mentally prepared. Because it *will* happen.

He looks at me and says "Just yesterday she told me she has a boy that kisses her, 'but we can't kiss in school unless the teacher's not looking.' I'm not ready for this s%%%, and you know way too much about things happening in my life without me telling you. Who do you work for? Which agency?"

"My agency does not exist. It has no agents. In fact we aren't even talking about this. This conversation never happened."
I would told you, but I really don't want to have you killed.

there is n0 war in ba sing se


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

This week I learned you can find anything at the circus, even muppet sex dolls.

It truly is a magical place!

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Tacticslion wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
But does the common cold do Cold damage?

It's in the name, Limey! It's in the naaaaaaaaaaame.

Limeylongears wrote:
If so, then let us wreak havoc on the City of Brass with a Maximised Woran's Sneezing Tsunami spell.
They actually have people who cast spells, though! That's daaaaangerous!

We'll be an unstobable force of sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

The General took the kids to a pet store "Just to look at the animals".

This was a mistake.

Though to her credit she didn't bring anything home, but now I have to hear constant "Can we get a bunny/cat/other, dad!?".

"No, we're having pot roast. Maybe for your birthday."

Nope, that's what my parents did to me, and unfortunately, they backed it up.

"We got you a pig for your birthday!"

Six months later...

Dad hands me a rifle "Remember that pig we got you for your birthday..."

A true story.

And yes, they named the meat packages in the freezer so my mom would happily reply "We're have Petunia bacon today!" It almost made me hate bacon.

Also the reason why I live in a city.

We had a pig every year, for eating. But they are so smart and kind that you always get attached. Luckily I didnt have to kill it myself.

We did end up giving them all the same name, so we could pretend it was just the same pig...

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Tacticslion wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
The Vagrant Erudite wrote:

Tala's mom, who had been in a coma when Tala got pregnant last summer, woke up when she heard about the baby. I don't know if I shared that news, but it was a genuine miracle at the time, and wonderful. Further, she has been doing physical therapy ever since to make sure that by the time the baby was born, she'd be able to make it for the birth.

Labor is being induced next Monday (cause Tala is in "GET IT OUT" mode at this point), and her grandparents surprised her by renting a handicap van just so they can drive her mom up, cause her mom isn't quite ready to ride a airplane, but can at least drive up here.

AWRIGHT
Wow! That’s awesome, TVE!

Woah, awesome!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:

One of my technicians is doomed.

His oldest daughter is 6. He leaves the office every day around 2:20ish to go pick her up from school, then he works the remainder of his day from home.

I just told him as he was packing up "You know, one day she's going to say 'Daddy, why can't I walk home from school?' and on that day you're going to know she's got a boyfriend or girlfriend."

Again, she's 6. I say this kind of crap just to get him riled up. And to a lesser degree, mentally prepared. Because it *will* happen.

He looks at me and says "Just yesterday she told me she has a boy that kisses her, 'but we can't kiss in school unless the teacher's not looking.' I'm not ready for this s&*&, and you know way too much about things happening in my life without me telling you. Who do you work for? Which agency?"

My Eldest told me about a girl that kept pulling him aside where the teachers couldn't see every recess and giving him kisses. Three years ago.

(This is the same year he had two girls - one of which was her - fighting over him. They haven't been in the same class for the last two years, but they have remained friends. He has other girls that "aren't" girlfriends, now. I must admit that I am a bit nervous about how... quickly and easily they all take to such things. That said, he so-far hasn't indicated anything else like that has happened, and he's usually quite open and honest about such things.)

ah, to be a kid again...

240,701 to 240,750 of 246,636 << first < prev | 4810 | 4811 | 4812 | 4813 | 4814 | 4815 | 4816 | 4817 | 4818 | 4819 | 4820 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.