Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

240,501 to 240,550 of 242,775 << first < prev | 4806 | 4807 | 4808 | 4809 | 4810 | 4811 | 4812 | 4813 | 4814 | 4815 | 4816 | next > last >>

9 people marked this as a favorite.

Aged Wizard has returned.

Aged Wizard now need a vacation FROM his vacation!

Aged Wizard LEFT Louisiana to get away from Mardi Gras, and went to play with his fellow wizards in Hogwarts, (currently located in Orlando FL)

And what did Aged Wizard find there? All of Universal studios decked out.,... for MARDI GRAS, complete with a parade.
<Facepalm>
Some days, I just cannot win.
;P

Aged Wizard sees that over a dozen pages of posts have been made since his last visit.

Aged Wizard is NOT going to read all of those!

Aged Wizard has just driven 10-1/2 hours out of the last 12 hours, THEN unpacked car, went to grocery store, cleaned out the fridge, put up all the food, and has begin unpacking suitcases,...

Yeah,... Aged Wizzie going to bed now,...

Nighters! ;P


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

Today i finally opened a hospital bill that i’ve been avoiding. Turns out it’s not a bill after all, but a letter saying that i was exposed to sub par anasthesia safety standards, and i should get tested for hep A & B and HIV. Is it strange that my relief at no huge hospital bill is outshining my concern that i might have a lethal pathogen?

Also Mrs Sunrise is scared because i want to hallucinate a tulpa.

If you test positive for any of that, then you need to get a lawyer. This is not something I say lightly.

I hope for the better outcomes to this.

Vany said this far more professionally than I ever could.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ragadolf wrote:

Aged Wizard LEFT Louisiana to get away from Mardi Gras, and went to play with his fellow wizards in Hogwarts, (currently located in Orlando FL)

And what did Aged Wizard find there? All of Universal studios decked out.,... for MARDI GRAS, complete with a parade.

It is unwise to laugh at a wizard, especially an aged one.

But my god, this is HILARIOUS.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Just beware of "Vince and His Handy-Dandy Pocket Slap Chop". His stuff was all derivative of "Stephanie's Back Splash Needs a Good Scrubbing".
Were you a fan of 'Gertrude and the Bidets', gran?

I wouldn't say I was a fan, but I did like that one song of theirs. "Watch Out, That Extension Cord Has a Short In It and It Will Shock the Ever-Loving Bejeebus Out of You!", I think it was called.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

My wife accused me of being immature. I shouted back "No I'm not!!! Now get out of my fort!!! No Girls Allowed!!!!"


2 people marked this as a favorite.

What's orange and sounds like a parrot? A carrot.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

A praying mantis walks into a bar. Barkeep asks "Can I get you anything?" The mantis says "Well, I shouldn't...but what the hell. I might as well have a few. The wife's going to chew my head off when I get home anyways."


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Math tells us that if you commit 90 sins, you'll get caught half the time. This is because sin(90)=cot(45).


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
Finished off HEMA with a sword & dagger (me) vs. sword & buckler (athletic young stuntman) - sword & dagger had the edge (ha ha) - and what we were wondering afterwards was, is a ruffian more ruffianly than a thug is thuggish? Would a rapscallion beat them both? How would they all fare against a scapegrace?
please explain.

Since we were fighting with C16th ne'er-do-well weapons, the idea was to establish a hierarchy of naughtiness for C16th ne'er-do-wells.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I've decided today is a good day for a solo adventure downtown as Barnes & Noble is NOT the bastion of hip hop I was expecting.

So, today I will go to B-Side Records in my search for a CD of Run The Jewels for the car.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

TS, I would say Professor X is a pretty physically frail super who is yet a badass.

I think Tac covered Xavier, though.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Math tells us that if you commit 90 sins, you'll get caught half the time. This is because sin(90)=cot(45).

reaches for shotgun


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

Today i finally opened a hospital bill that i’ve been avoiding. Turns out it’s not a bill after all, but a letter saying that i was exposed to sub par anasthesia safety standards, and i should get tested for hep A & B and HIV. Is it strange that my relief at no huge hospital bill is outshining my concern that i might have a lethal pathogen?

Also Mrs Sunrise is scared because i want to hallucinate a tulpa.

Not a great idea. Those are willful, hard to control, and even harder to get rid of...

Nononono, Drejk! Just get a CG tulpa of an efreeti~!

Literally nothing could ever go wrong


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Water Boy wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

Today i finally opened a hospital bill that i’ve been avoiding. Turns out it’s not a bill after all, but a letter saying that i was exposed to sub par anasthesia safety standards, and i should get tested for hep A & B and HIV. Is it strange that my relief at no huge hospital bill is outshining my concern that i might have a lethal pathogen?

Also Mrs Sunrise is scared because i want to hallucinate a tulpa.

Not a great idea. Those are willful, hard to control, and even harder to get rid of...

Nononono, Drejk! Just get a CG tulpa of an efreeti~!

Literally nothing could ever go wrong

My sources say no.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Magic 8-Ball says... wrote:
Water Boy wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

Today i finally opened a hospital bill that i’ve been avoiding. Turns out it’s not a bill after all, but a letter saying that i was exposed to sub par anasthesia safety standards, and i should get tested for hep A & B and HIV. Is it strange that my relief at no huge hospital bill is outshining my concern that i might have a lethal pathogen?

Also Mrs Sunrise is scared because i want to hallucinate a tulpa.

Not a great idea. Those are willful, hard to control, and even harder to get rid of...

Nononono, Drejk! Just get a CG tulpa of an efreeti~!

Literally nothing could ever go wrong

My sources say no.

Really!? My source says to give it 110%!


Tragic 8 Ball wrote:
Magic 8-Ball says... wrote:
Water Boy wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

Today i finally opened a hospital bill that i’ve been avoiding. Turns out it’s not a bill after all, but a letter saying that i was exposed to sub par anasthesia safety standards, and i should get tested for hep A & B and HIV. Is it strange that my relief at no huge hospital bill is outshining my concern that i might have a lethal pathogen?

Also Mrs Sunrise is scared because i want to hallucinate a tulpa.

Not a great idea. Those are willful, hard to control, and even harder to get rid of...

Nononono, Drejk! Just get a CG tulpa of an efreeti~!

Literally nothing could ever go wrong

My sources say no.
Really!? My source says to give it 110%!

SEE?! Even both 8-balls agree with me! WOO~!

DRINK WATER!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Okay.

So.

Altered Carbon season 2 is out, and it's an entirely different actor for the protagonist, and holy carp it's brilliant.

> others laugh in Dr. Who; I don't care, 'cause it's a cool first for me <


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

It's snowing...again. *sigh*


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Feros wrote:
It's snowing...again. *sigh*

glares


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Ragadolf wrote:

Aged Wizard LEFT Louisiana to get away from Mardi Gras, and went to play with his fellow wizards in Hogwarts, (currently located in Orlando FL)

And what did Aged Wizard find there? All of Universal studios decked out.,... for MARDI GRAS, complete with a parade.

It is unwise to laugh at a wizard, especially an aged one.

But my god, this is HILARIOUS.

ONLY because it s TRUE FH, only because it is true,...

;)

<Sigh> I can alter reality with a wave of my hand (This very hand!)
but I STILL cannot escape the fact that I married a New Orleans Girl.

No matter where I go,... there it is,... O_o


Ragadolf wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Ragadolf wrote:

Aged Wizard LEFT Louisiana to get away from Mardi Gras, and went to play with his fellow wizards in Hogwarts, (currently located in Orlando FL)

And what did Aged Wizard find there? All of Universal studios decked out.,... for MARDI GRAS, complete with a parade.

It is unwise to laugh at a wizard, especially an aged one.

But my god, this is HILARIOUS.

ONLY because it s TRUE FH, only because it is true,...

;)

<Sigh> I can alter reality with a wave of my hand (This very hand!)
but I STILL cannot escape the fact that I married a New Orleans Girl.

No matter where I go,... there it is,... O_o

Well, there *is* an escape, but it's messy and unpleasant.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Feros wrote:
stuff

Colossus 'cause ironskin

Ragadolf wrote:
stuff

Steven Strange, 'cause MAGIC~!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hello, everyone.

My supervisor wanted me to come in at 5 AM. She called me at 9 PM Yesterday.

Problem 1: I went to bed at 7 PM. So I was asleep for two hours.

Problem 2: This would lead me to working 19 hours, because I know that I won't get a relief for a shift that I'm scheduled for.

Once again, it seems I'm being taken advantage of. One day, I'll tell them where to stick my two-weeks notice. And, I'll let them watch me laugh as I leave.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:

Hello, everyone.

My supervisor wanted me to come in at 5 AM. She called me at 9 PM Yesterday.

Problem 1: I went to bed at 7 PM. So I was asleep for two hours.

Problem 2: This would lead me to working 19 hours, because I know that I won't get a relief for a shift that I'm scheduled for.

Once again, it seems I'm being taken advantage of. One day, I'll tell them where to stick my two-weeks notice. And, I'll let them watch me laugh as I leave.

Dude - this isn't okay. This is literally- I don't. I can't even. Ugh.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

It's actually snowing snowballs here...I am not kidding!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Must be nice!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

So, Fortnite this season is going with spies and Deadpool for their main themes.

It is a lot of fun!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Tacticslion wrote:

Okay.

So.

Altered Carbon season 2 is out, and it's an entirely different actor for the protagonist, and holy carp it's brilliant.

> others laugh in Dr. Who; I don't care, 'cause it's a cool first for me <

Okay, so halfway through this season, and I have to say - I like it better.

The first was grimdark to the point of nihilism (though it never technically got to that point, it was hard not to come to that experience), while this one actually works well, I think.

The mystery is more compelling, for one, and less cynical, even if it's still pretty cynical. It may well still turn out grim - and that's actually kind of okay. Over-all it's solid and I'm glad I'm watching it.

(Also so much laundry has been finished today! Wow!)

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Vanykrye wrote:
Woran wrote:
Can I be a superhero too?
I'd peg you as Mystique, based on your extensive cosplaying.

Ok, I'll take it :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Oh man, I deleted it!

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Woran wrote:
Can I be a superhero too?
Hmm how about Magik? She Really enjoys food and frankly I could see you wielding a big sword and cutting some people.

Being stuck and tortured in Limbo isnt that great, but kickass teleportation powers do make up for a lot. I'd never have to go into an airplane ever again!

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Woran wrote:
Can I be a superhero too?

It's 2020, you can be anything you want.

I hereby dub thee "Super Woran"! Your powers are whatever you would like them to be.

*dons cape*

WHOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO


captain yesterday wrote:
Oh man, I deleted it!

I have deleted it per apparent desire.

Hey, can I post the upper half of your comment and mention it?

'Cause it's a good thing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Woran wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Woran wrote:
Can I be a superhero too?

It's 2020, you can be anything you want.

I hereby dub thee "Super Woran"! Your powers are whatever you would like them to be.

*dons cape*

WHOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Let's just hope one of those powers is *not* "slime production".


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
captain yesterday wrote:
Must be nice!

My sister works at a funeral home, and she just told me they were closing up early because of the storm and heard something pounding on the side of the building. They thought, "That doesn't sound right," and went up from the basement to see. The snowballs were that loud.

:)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Feros wrote:
It's actually snowing snowballs here...I am not kidding!

(Opens mouth)

(Checks outdoor thermometer: 73°F at 12:40 pm)

(Closes mouth)

(Slinks away)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:

Okay.

So.

Altered Carbon season 2 is out, and it's an entirely different actor for the protagonist, and holy carp it's brilliant.

> others laugh in Dr. Who; I don't care, 'cause it's a cool first for me <

Okay, so halfway through this season, and I have to say - I like it better.

The first was grimdark to the point of nihilism (though it never technically got to that point, it was hard not to come to that experience), while this one actually works well, I think.

The mystery is more compelling, for one, and less cynical, even if it's still pretty cynical. It may well still turn out grim - and that's actually kind of okay. Over-all it's solid and I'm glad I'm watching it.

(Also so much laundry has been finished today! Wow!)

So, we loved Altered Carbon season 1, and are greatly looking forward to Season 2...

...except...
...the scene with 50 naked female clones attacking him was SO over-the-top hilarious "we can get away with this because we're cable" that we tend to giggle whenever we watch it any more.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Feros wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Must be nice!

My sister works at a funeral home, and she just told me they were closing up early because of the storm and heard something pounding on the side of the building. They thought, "That doesn't sound right," and went up from the basement to see. The snowballs were that loud.

:)

I don't believe I've experienced snow of that...density...before. Not without it actually being hail instead of snow.


NobodysHome wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:

Okay.

So.

Altered Carbon season 2 is out, and it's an entirely different actor for the protagonist, and holy carp it's brilliant.

> others laugh in Dr. Who; I don't care, 'cause it's a cool first for me <

Okay, so halfway through this season, and I have to say - I like it better.

The first was grimdark to the point of nihilism (though it never technically got to that point, it was hard not to come to that experience), while this one actually works well, I think.

The mystery is more compelling, for one, and less cynical, even if it's still pretty cynical. It may well still turn out grim - and that's actually kind of okay. Over-all it's solid and I'm glad I'm watching it.

(Also so much laundry has been finished today! Wow!)

So, we loved Altered Carbon season 1, and are greatly looking forward to Season 2...

...except...
...the scene with 50 naked female clones attacking him was SO over-the-top hilarious "we can get away with this because we're cable" that we tend to giggle whenever we watch it any more.

I'm gonna be honest - I don't actually remember that scene.

It's weird, 'cause that seems like something I would remember!

Which episode is that?

(EDIT: Like, what was the situation/moment that happened?)

((I'm going to admit that it's probably because I clean, but I now really wanna know what it was that I'm not remembering, 'cause that sounds kind of like an important moment.))


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:

Okay.

So.

Altered Carbon season 2 is out, and it's an entirely different actor for the protagonist, and holy carp it's brilliant.

> others laugh in Dr. Who; I don't care, 'cause it's a cool first for me <

Okay, so halfway through this season, and I have to say - I like it better.

The first was grimdark to the point of nihilism (though it never technically got to that point, it was hard not to come to that experience), while this one actually works well, I think.

The mystery is more compelling, for one, and less cynical, even if it's still pretty cynical. It may well still turn out grim - and that's actually kind of okay. Over-all it's solid and I'm glad I'm watching it.

(Also so much laundry has been finished today! Wow!)

So, we loved Altered Carbon season 1, and are greatly looking forward to Season 2...

...except...
...the scene with 50 naked female clones attacking him was SO over-the-top hilarious "we can get away with this because we're cable" that we tend to giggle whenever we watch it any more.

I'm gonna be honest - I don't actually remember that scene.

It's weird, 'cause that seems like something I would remember!

Which episode is that?

(EDIT: Like, what was the situation/moment that happened?)

((I'm going to admit that it's probably because I clean, but I now really wanna know what it was that I'm not remembering, 'cause that sounds kind of like an important moment.))

He confronts his sister in her clone farm. Cue 50+ naked clones waking up, jumping out of their pods, and trying to kill him.

What I really liked about it was that she was a normal person; they got an actress who actually looked like a person instead of a wad of molded silicone and then had her do a massive fight scene in the buff. It came across as very visceral and realistic. But it was definitely memorable.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Vanykrye wrote:
Feros wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Must be nice!

My sister works at a funeral home, and she just told me they were closing up early because of the storm and heard something pounding on the side of the building. They thought, "That doesn't sound right," and went up from the basement to see. The snowballs were that loud.

:)

I don't believe I've experienced snow of that...density...before. Not without it actually being hail instead of snow.

Neither have I. The snowballs were small; probably humidity causing them to clump. The wind is gusting strongly, so they were really flying. When they hit the cover of my outdoor grill they exploded just like a thrown snowball. It was really weird!


Anyway, as of next-to-last episode, Season 2 is cooooooool. Love it and most things in it.

Answers questions. Gives some more.

I don't remember any "fifty naked clones attack!" scenes, though there is some... uncomfortable treatment of people.

Next-to-last episode has a visual reveal near the end that's both cool and kind of funny, but not really. Hype for the last episode!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Final weather note, since I'm kind of under the gun today (only pushing myself; most people are actually waiting for marching orders before cranking out dozens of certification questions, but I don't wait well).

We have now had the driest February since 1864. Yes. We haven't had a warm, dry, sunny February like this since the Civil War.

Yet my uphill neighbor is overwatering so much I believe I could grow rice in the back half of my yard (is 1" of standing water enough for rice?).

I'm going to check the real-time water usage monitor to make sure there's nothing on OUR end causing the flood (doubtful, since it's uphill from all of our pipes), then I'll write them a nice note about how I'm trying to save them money...


Tacticslion wrote:
Tac forgets something obvious and memorable
NobodysHome wrote:

He confronts his sister in her clone farm. Cue 50+ naked clones waking up, jumping out of their pods, and trying to kill him.

What I really liked about it was that she was a normal person; they got an actress who actually looked like a person instead of a wad of molded silicone and then had her do a massive fight scene in the buff. It came across as very visceral and realistic. But it was definitely memorable.

Oh! Yeah! I'd actually forgotten that she was naked - it was more incidental, and as it really didn't focus much on that aspect, I was more interested in the event, drama, or anything else.

There are scenes of sort-of-nudity in this one - I don't think any out-and-out nudity (most of it is partially or wholly covered by various incidental things, I think? I... haven't been paying enough attention), and certainly nothing quite as over-the-top as that.


NobodysHome wrote:
Yet my uphill neighbor is overwatering so much I believe I could grow rice in the back half of my yard (is 1" of standing water enough for rice?).

As a Floridian, this is a nightmare scenario that sounds exactly like what will unleash a swarm of pestilence and disease (i.e. mosquitoes) the likes of which aren't acceptable.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

There are almost no mosquitoes on the West Coast.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Feros wrote:
It's actually snowing snowballs here...I am not kidding!

what next? Lush topless milkmaids massaging each other?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Woran wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Woran wrote:
Can I be a superhero too?

It's 2020, you can be anything you want.

I hereby dub thee "Super Woran"! Your powers are whatever you would like them to be.

*dons cape*

WHOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Let's just hope one of those powers is *not* "slime production".

Please god let one of those powers be slime production.

240,501 to 240,550 of 242,775 << first < prev | 4806 | 4807 | 4808 | 4809 | 4810 | 4811 | 4812 | 4813 | 4814 | 4815 | 4816 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.