Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

240,451 to 240,500 of 243,529 << first < prev | 4805 | 4806 | 4807 | 4808 | 4809 | 4810 | 4811 | 4812 | 4813 | 4814 | 4815 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
I can roll with Multiple Man, sure.

I did like his one shot/limited series where he was a detective, and also showed that he sent other versions of himself to far off places to learn esoteric information so the main one could be up to speed on it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I wish I was up to speed on my clothing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Actually, I think Orthos would make an excellent Daredevil.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

I just don't want a goofy outfit or an affiliation with the X-Men, is that too much to ask... Hold on, I think I answered my question...

In case you're wondering why I dislike the X-Men, it's because they were HUGE with my generation, at least with my group, so it was kind of annoying.

Also, X-Men 3 was so bad I immediately threw it away after watching so no one else would have to watch it.

which one was 3 again?

The Last Stand

I didn't think it was as bad as CY does, but it wasn't good.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Well, my homeroom just got invaded by an impromptu rehearsal. I applaud their initiative, but I was so confused when the entire cast poured in to run lines.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Freehold...what do you think of Cap + Luke Cage?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

I just don't want a goofy outfit or an affiliation with the X-Men, is that too much to ask... Hold on, I think I answered my question...

In case you're wondering why I dislike the X-Men, it's because they were HUGE with my generation, at least with my group, so it was kind of annoying.

Also, X-Men 3 was so bad I immediately threw it away after watching so no one else would have to watch it.

which one was 3 again?

The Last Stand

I didn't think it was as bad as CY does, but it wasn't good.

oh man.

That movie was a stinker.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold...what do you think of Cap + Luke Cage?

I think CY would pull off the fight scene in the chinese restaurant PERFECTLY, but I don't see him as Luke Cage per se.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold...what do you think of Cap + Luke Cage?
I think CY would pull off the fight scene in the chinese restaurant PERFECTLY, but I don't see him as Luke Cage per se.

I'm thinking brick walls falling on him and he keeps working.

I'm thinking of face-smashing into the front-loader of a mini-bobcat and being at work the next day.

I'm thinking of the mythos that surrounds him with his co-workers. Colossus would be closer, but I'm trying to go with the no-X-men request.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

I just don't want a goofy outfit or an affiliation with the X-Men, is that too much to ask... Hold on, I think I answered my question...

In case you're wondering why I dislike the X-Men, it's because they were HUGE with my generation, at least with my group, so it was kind of annoying.

Also, X-Men 3 was so bad I immediately threw it away after watching so no one else would have to watch it.

which one was 3 again?

The one I threw in the trash.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold...what do you think of Cap + Luke Cage?
I think CY would pull off the fight scene in the chinese restaurant PERFECTLY, but I don't see him as Luke Cage per se.

Do I get to throw live fish like ninja stars, I've always wanted to do that.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

More topic variety!

Polio vaccine
OPEC oil crisis
Stan Lee
Dust Bowl
Halo franchise


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Deep Thoughts, By Cap Yesterday wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold...what do you think of Cap + Luke Cage?
I think CY would pull off the fight scene in the chinese restaurant PERFECTLY, but I don't see him as Luke Cage per se.
Do I get to throw live fish like ninja stars, I've always wanted to do that.

then again, maybe he would have gotten his ass kicked in the chinese restaurant...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold...what do you think of Cap + Luke Cage?
I think CY would pull off the fight scene in the chinese restaurant PERFECTLY, but I don't see him as Luke Cage per se.

I'm thinking brick walls falling on him and he keeps working.

I'm thinking of face-smashing into the front-loader of a mini-bobcat and being at work the next day.

I'm thinking of the mythos that surrounds him with his co-workers. Colossus would be closer, but I'm trying to go with the no-X-men request.

but that sounds EXACTLY like what he would do!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Actually, I think Orthos would make an excellent Daredevil.

I am pretty hopeless without my glasses, I admit.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:

More topic variety!

Polio vaccine
OPEC oil crisis
Stan Lee
Dust Bowl
Halo franchise

Sorry, those are all far too political for Fritzy.

No?

Sports? Fritzy? Your objection is that the OPEC Oil Crisis lost to Manhattan United? Ok...

Sports.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:

More topic variety!

Polio vaccine
OPEC oil crisis
Stan Lee
Dust Bowl
Halo franchise

No, I know what you were talking about. What I want to see is one of your students tie all of the subjects together into a single topic.

And have that paper be good.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm just glad I don't have to read the same frickin' paper fifty times with this project.


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I think I'd be Starlord, as getting abducted away from my brothers by aliens has been a life long dream of mine.

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Longshot IS pretty cool.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Found two videos lately that have apparently the-most-asked questions about celebrities, filled with questions I've never thought to ask, or I found incidentally on Wikipedia or something.

Questions I've never thought to ask Toby Maguire

Questions I never thought to ask Elijah Wood

That's the Joke, Spoiler:

The first one is Elijah Wood, the second is Daniel Radcliffe.

Alas, there is none with Toby Maguire that I could find - would have made the joke "perfect."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
TOZ wrote:
Longshot IS pretty cool.

I always liked the way the old school FASERIP marvel rpg did his powers.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Scintillae wrote:

More topic variety!

Polio vaccine
OPEC oil crisis
Stan Lee
Dust Bowl
Halo franchise

No, I know what you were talking about. What I want to see is one of your students tie all of the subjects together into a single topic.

And have that paper be good.

Entropy: Life is Chaos, and Nothing Matters

Or idk. Dadaism was also an option, so there you go.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

OK. Sometimes it's just nice to be salaried.

I just handed off my update proposal, and I'm not allowed to do anything more until it gets approved by the guy in India. Considering it's 4:00 am his time, I just don't think that approval's going to roll in before I'm done for the day.

So I get 90 minutes of guilt-free, "Getting paid to clean up my Spotify list".

Whee!


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

Updated: these are all the people who have posted in or have been mentioned within the last five pages that I've been able to tell!

(The following are in alphabetical order by poster name.)

(These are my personal canon, though I can be swayed.)

(I'm much more familiar with Marvel, so there's gonna be a bias, there.)

** spoiler omitted **

Here is my personal canon! WOO~!

> CY + Morph ecause of the aliases!

> Drejk + Traveler with his ability to spin creatures, adventures, and worlds into being

> Freehold + Hercules (Marvel) because of his ability with women

> gran + Dogpool because "yo, Dawg..."

> Icy + Spiderman 'cause that dude's always running and working and stuff!

> John + Nick Fury because of a rockin' eye-patch

> Limey + Union Jack because they're super British

> LM + Spiral nevermind! Let's go with Phoenix because she has lots of things she has to keep in the air

> LS + Banshee because he's a cool dad and Irish!

> NH + Xavier (with mohawk) because he's AWESOME

> Nylarthotep + Nylarthotep because they share the same name and are terribly mysterious

> Orthos + Multiple Man because he's got an aesthetic that's similar to Gambit, but with a much more similar personality to Orthos' projection (and his ability to be OP)

> Scint + Jubilee because she's short and brings the "spark" of education to peoples' lives, and RAINBOW~

> Sharoth + Beast because of...

Tac gets cookies.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Finished off HEMA with a sword & dagger (me) vs. sword & buckler (athletic young stuntman) - sword & dagger had the edge (ha ha) - and what we were wondering afterwards was, is a ruffian more ruffianly than a thug is thuggish? Would a rapscallion beat them both? How would they all fare against a scapegrace?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
Tac gets cookies.

*SNIFF*

I- I knew this day would come... somehow... someday...

*SNIFF*


7 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Phone says: Snow for 116 minutes!

I look outside and notice 6 snow flakes swirling in the wind trying their damnedest to land on the ground.

I think we have different definitions of what snow is.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:

Updated: these are all the people who have posted in or have been mentioned within the last five pages that I've been able to tell!

(The following are in alphabetical order by poster name.)

(These are my personal canon, though I can be swayed.)

(I'm much more familiar with Marvel, so there's gonna be a bias, there.)

** spoiler omitted **

Here is my personal canon! WOO~!

> CY + Morph ecause of the aliases!

> Drejk + Traveler with his ability to spin creatures, adventures, and worlds into being

> Freehold + Hercules (Marvel) because of his ability with women

> gran + Dogpool because "yo, Dawg..."

> Icy + Spiderman 'cause that dude's always running and working and stuff!

> John + Nick Fury because of a rockin' eye-patch

> Limey + Union Jack because they're super British

> LM + Spiral nevermind! Let's go with Phoenix because she has lots of things she has to keep in the air

> LS + Banshee because he's a cool dad and Irish!

> NH + Xavier (with mohawk) because he's AWESOME

> Nylarthotep + Nylarthotep because they share the same name and are terribly mysterious

> Orthos + Multiple Man because he's got an aesthetic that's similar to Gambit, but with a much more similar personality to Orthos' projection (and his ability to be OP)

> Scint + Jubilee because she's short and brings the "spark" of education to peoples' lives, and RAINBOW~

> Sharoth + Beast because of...

Tac gets cookies.

aaawwwww....


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I share!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

Updated: these are all the people who have posted in or have been mentioned within the last five pages that I've been able to tell!

(The following are in alphabetical order by poster name.)

(These are my personal canon, though I can be swayed.)

(I'm much more familiar with Marvel, so there's gonna be a bias, there.)

** spoiler omitted **

Here is my personal canon! WOO~!

> CY + Morph ecause of the aliases!

> Drejk + Traveler with his ability to spin creatures, adventures, and worlds into being

> Freehold + Hercules (Marvel) because of his ability with women

> gran + Dogpool because "yo, Dawg..."

> Icy + Spiderman 'cause that dude's always running and working and stuff!

> John + Nick Fury because of a rockin' eye-patch

> Limey + Union Jack because they're super British

> LM + Spiral nevermind! Let's go with Phoenix because she has lots of things she has to keep in the air

> LS + Banshee because he's a cool dad and Irish!

> NH + Xavier (with mohawk) because he's AWESOME

> Nylarthotep + Nylarthotep because they share the same name and are terribly mysterious

> Orthos + Multiple Man because he's got an aesthetic that's similar to Gambit, but with a much more similar personality to Orthos' projection (and his ability to be OP)

> Scint + Jubilee because she's short and brings the "spark" of education to peoples' lives, and RAINBOW~

> Sharoth + Beast because of...

*cries for lack of inclusion*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

You can be Wolverine if you want.

Or if we're going with non X-Men affiliated superheroes as I prefer you can be Thor.

Just so long as I can borrow the hammer from time to time (I'll be your Captain America, just no aging b@~##%*~, no one wants to be an old man).


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

You can be Wolverine if you want.

Or if we're going with non X-Men affiliated superheroes as I prefer you can be Thor.

Just so long as I can borrow the hammer from time to time (I'll be your Captain America, just no aging b%#!%*~!, no one wants to be an old man).

ages captain yesterday subtly


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:
Finished off HEMA with a sword & dagger (me) vs. sword & buckler (athletic young stuntman) - sword & dagger had the edge (ha ha) - and what we were wondering afterwards was, is a ruffian more ruffianly than a thug is thuggish? Would a rapscallion beat them both? How would they all fare against a scapegrace?

please explain.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

You can be Wolverine if you want.

Or if we're going with non X-Men affiliated superheroes as I prefer you can be Thor.

Just so long as I can borrow the hammer from time to time (I'll be your Captain America, just no aging b+@%$@*~, no one wants to be an old man).

I am, admittedly, hirsute enough to pass as one of Logan's relatives.

I as well do have a frame that, if I started working out 30 years ago, would have been large enough to be Thor (though today I'm more like the Avengers 4 "Fat Thor"), and hair long enough now to join the party. I'd have to spend a month in the sun or so to lighten out the copper, though.

You know, I noticed there aren't that many redheaded male superheroes! I mean, nobody really cares about Banshee, Batwoman got crippled, and Hal Jordan got replaced. Beyond that, I mean, who is there?

If you were doing DC, well...now that Watchmen is mainline DC, maybe Rorschach counts. I'm antisocial enough, with a hardline lawful bend that would surprise people given how much I disagree with mainstream interpretations of the law.

...also, I bet I can be as grating as he is some days.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Banshee is f%$#ing awesome.

Hal isn't a redhead.


The Vagrant Erudite wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:

Updated: these are all the people who have posted in or have been mentioned within the last five pages that I've been able to tell!

(The following are in alphabetical order by poster name.)

(These are my personal canon, though I can be swayed.)

(I'm much more familiar with Marvel, so there's gonna be a bias, there.)

** spoiler omitted **

Here is my personal canon! WOO~!

> CY + Morph ecause of the aliases!

> Drejk + Traveler with his ability to spin creatures, adventures, and worlds into being

> Freehold + Hercules (Marvel) because of his ability with women

> gran + Dogpool because "yo, Dawg..."

> Icy + Spiderman 'cause that dude's always running and working and stuff!

> John + Nick Fury because of a rockin' eye-patch

> Limey + Union Jack because they're super British

> LM + Spiral nevermind! Let's go with Phoenix because she has lots of things she has to keep in the air

> LS + Banshee because he's a cool dad and Irish!

> NH + Xavier (with mohawk) because he's AWESOME

> Nylarthotep + Nylarthotep because they share the same name and are terribly mysterious

> Orthos + Multiple Man because he's got an aesthetic that's similar to Gambit, but with a much more similar personality to Orthos' projection (and his ability to be OP)

> Scint + Jubilee because she's short and brings the "spark" of education to peoples' lives, and RAINBOW~

> Sharoth + Beast because of...

*cries for lack of inclusion*

You’re included! You’re Bishop!

EDITS:

The Vagrant Erudite wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

You can be Wolverine if you want.

Or if we're going with non X-Men affiliated superheroes as I prefer you can be Thor.

Just so long as I can borrow the hammer from time to time (I'll be your Captain America, just no aging b+@%$@*~, no one wants to be an old man).

I am, admittedly, hirsute enough to pass as one of Logan's relatives.

I as well do have a frame that, if I started working out 30 years ago, would have been large enough to be Thor (though today I'm more like the Avengers 4 "Fat Thor"), and hair long enough now to join the party. I'd have to spend a month in the sun or so to lighten out the copper, though.

You know, I noticed there aren't that many redheaded male superheroes! I mean, nobody really cares about Banshee, Batwoman got crippled, and Hal Jordan got replaced. Beyond that, I mean, who is there?

If you were doing DC, well...now that Watchmen is mainline DC, maybe Rorschach counts. I'm antisocial enough, with a hardline lawful bend that would surprise people given how much I disagree with mainstream interpretations of the law.

...also, I bet I can be as grating as he is some days.

You probably didn’t recognize my shorthand - I noted you as “TVE” - sorry for any confusion!

Tacticslion wrote:
> TVE + Bishop because he does not care and has got a job to do post to make



1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:

Banshee is f@+*ing awesome.

Hal isn't a redhead.

This.

Also, Thor really should have been a red haired white dude, but they made him blonde ‘cause “Norse” I suppose.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

Banshee is f@+*ing awesome.

Hal isn't a redhead.

This.

Also, Thor really should have been a red haired white dude, but they made him blonde ‘cause “Norse” I suppose.

This reminds me of a fantasy series I read that had Thor as a (semi-)major character in it. He's first introduced as a burly redheaded red-bearded barbarian dude, all froth and fury and bad table manners, skin tanned and leathery from eons living in the frozen north.

At some point in the story he dies, then revives later because he's a god. But when he comes back he's the fair-skinned blonde-haired adonis type Thor popularized by Marvel's use of the name, instead. The narrator even mentions in passing that "modern reinterpretation of the deity's nature and appearance have had an obvious effect on this latest incarnation".


1 person marked this as a favorite.

OOTS? It used the same joke, though I don't recall dying to morph into the blonde version... Merely him stating that he should be redhead...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I love bishop.

I absolutely f&++ing HATE what they did to the character. My god.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

Banshee is f@+*ing awesome.

Hal isn't a redhead.

This.

Also, Thor really should have been a red haired white dude, but they made him blonde ‘cause “Norse” I suppose.

This reminds me of a fantasy series I read that had Thor as a (semi-)major character in it. He's first introduced as a burly redheaded red-bearded barbarian dude, all froth and fury and bad table manners, skin tanned and leathery from eons living in the frozen north.

At some point in the story he dies, then revives later because he's a god. But when he comes back he's the fair-skinned blonde-haired adonis type Thor popularized by Marvel's use of the name, instead. The narrator even mentions in passing that "modern reinterpretation of the deity's nature and appearance have had an obvious effect on this latest incarnation".

Aiymi mentioned something like this happening in the Iron Druid Chronicles. Or something. I may not have been listening.


Freehold DM wrote:

I love bishop.

I absolutely f!$*ing HATE what they did to the character. My god.

I remember feeling very upset and baffled at how they handled him in some later elements - again, I wasn't reading at the time, saw one of my favorites, picked it up, squinted as I read, put it back, and continued not spending money on comics.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Is there a super of ill health, mild temper, and bizarre schemes? I am him.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Today i finally opened a hospital bill that i’ve been avoiding. Turns out it’s not a bill after all, but a letter saying that i was exposed to sub par anasthesia safety standards, and i should get tested for hep A & B and HIV. Is it strange that my relief at no huge hospital bill is outshining my concern that i might have a lethal pathogen?

Also Mrs Sunrise is scared because i want to hallucinate a tulpa.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
Is there a super of ill health, mild temper, and bizarre schemes? I am him.

I had no idea you were the supreme creator of the Daleks.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

Today i finally opened a hospital bill that i’ve been avoiding. Turns out it’s not a bill after all, but a letter saying that i was exposed to sub par anasthesia safety standards, and i should get tested for hep A & B and HIV. Is it strange that my relief at no huge hospital bill is outshining my concern that i might have a lethal pathogen?

Also Mrs Sunrise is scared because i want to hallucinate a tulpa.

If you test positive for any of that, then you need to get a lawyer. This is not something I say lightly.

I hope for the better outcomes to this.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

Today i finally opened a hospital bill that i’ve been avoiding. Turns out it’s not a bill after all, but a letter saying that i was exposed to sub par anasthesia safety standards, and i should get tested for hep A & B and HIV. Is it strange that my relief at no huge hospital bill is outshining my concern that i might have a lethal pathogen?

Also Mrs Sunrise is scared because i want to hallucinate a tulpa.

Not a great idea. Those are willful, hard to control, and even harder to get rid of...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

Banshee is f@+*ing awesome.

Hal isn't a redhead.

This.

Also, Thor really should have been a red haired white dude, but they made him blonde ‘cause “Norse” I suppose.

This reminds me of a fantasy series I read that had Thor as a (semi-)major character in it. He's first introduced as a burly redheaded red-bearded barbarian dude, all froth and fury and bad table manners, skin tanned and leathery from eons living in the frozen north.

At some point in the story he dies, then revives later because he's a god. But when he comes back he's the fair-skinned blonde-haired adonis type Thor popularized by Marvel's use of the name, instead. The narrator even mentions in passing that "modern reinterpretation of the deity's nature and appearance have had an obvious effect on this latest incarnation".

Aiymi mentioned something like this happening in the Iron Druid Chronicles. Or something. I may not have been listening.

That's the one.

240,451 to 240,500 of 243,529 << first < prev | 4805 | 4806 | 4807 | 4808 | 4809 | 4810 | 4811 | 4812 | 4813 | 4814 | 4815 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.