Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

235,901 to 235,950 of 236,550 << first < prev | 4714 | 4715 | 4716 | 4717 | 4718 | 4719 | 4720 | 4721 | 4722 | 4723 | 4724 | next > last >>

4 people marked this as a favorite.

You want to pilot a space succubus?

Yeah, that sees accurate.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:

Come back to me when I can pilot a giant robot.

Or a vehicle that transforms into a giant robot.

Or a vehicle that can combine with other vehicles to form a giant robot.

Or a space succubus.

All that and more could be yours...


7 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:

Come back to me when I can pilot a giant robot.

Or a vehicle that transforms into a giant robot.

Or a vehicle that can combine with other vehicles to form a giant robot.

Or a space succubus.

'Piloting', he calls it.

'Piloting'.

Adorable, really.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Maintenance guy in the cockpit. I'm never getting home tonight.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Klingons attack V'Ger (remastered)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Clocking out and going home. I hope to avoid the madhouse that is Pittsburgh's Light-up nught. Good night, everyone.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
Clocking out and going home. I hope to avoid the madhouse that is Pittsburgh's Light-up nught. Good night, everyone.

New FaWtL game! If someone makes a typo and the word doesn't exist, you have to create a Wikipedia article defining it!

Aw. Foo. Your new articles now have to undergo review.

nught. noun. pl: nughts
The inky blackness from which the Old Ones' shrubberies arise.

Source: H.P. Lovecraft's writings. Night + Naught + Nit = blackness, emptiness, shrubbery.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Actually, in context, I think, "Half a doughnut" would be more amusing. And so very Pittsburgh. "Yeah, we were gonna build a light-up doughnut, but we got tired and only finished half of it. But it's probably good enough."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Clocking out and going home. I hope to avoid the madhouse that is Pittsburgh's Light-up nught. Good night, everyone.

New FaWtL game! If someone makes a typo and the word doesn't exist, you have to create a Wikipedia article defining it!

Aw. Foo. Your new articles now have to undergo review.

nught. noun. pl: nughts
The inky blackness from which the Old Ones' shrubberies arise.

Source: H.P. Lovecraft's writings. Night + Naught + Nit = blackness, emptiness, shrubbery.

Might be easier to get it on Urban Dictionary.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Clocking out and going home. I hope to avoid the madhouse that is Pittsburgh's Light-up nught. Good night, everyone.

New FaWtL game! If someone makes a typo and the word doesn't exist, you have to create a Wikipedia article defining it!

Aw. Foo. Your new articles now have to undergo review.

nught. noun. pl: nughts
The inky blackness from which the Old Ones' shrubberies arise.

Source: H.P. Lovecraft's writings. Night + Naught + Nit = blackness, emptiness, shrubbery.

When Wikipedia has high standards, Urban Dictionary is the ugly person at 2am who will take anyone home for last call...


5 people marked this as a favorite.

I honestly don't know why I look forward to vacations. Every single damned time I start a school vacation (like this morning), I get ridiculously depressed and don't want to do anything at all.

It doesn't help that Teensy Valeros threw up in my car in the school parking lot as we were leaving yesterday (although he's bouncing off the walls again this morning like the human-squirrel hybrid he is).

It also doesn't help that, as usual, we're too damned broke to go anywhere or do anything, so "vacation" means "kids get to play in their room or tear up the house while Mama catches up on housework for a week".

But, hey, I'm not at work.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

I honestly don't know why I look forward to vacations. Every single damned time I start a school vacation (like this morning), I get ridiculously depressed and don't want to do anything at all.

It doesn't help that Teensy Valeros threw up in my car in the school parking lot as we were leaving yesterday (although he's bouncing off the walls again this morning like the human-squirrel hybrid he is).

It also doesn't help that, as usual, we're too damned broke to go anywhere or do anything, so "vacation" means "kids get to play in their room or tear up the house while Mama catches up on housework for a week".

But, hey, I'm not at work.

when I win the lottery, I am sending you money. And the rough equivalent of Mary Poppins. But mostly just money.

Maaaaaybe some wine and cupcakes to fuel your insane running around the house jags.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

Come back to me when I can pilot a giant robot.

Or a vehicle that transforms into a giant robot.

Or a vehicle that can combine with other vehicles to form a giant robot.

Or a space succubus.

'Piloting', he calls it.

'Piloting'.

Adorable, really.

If you can think of a better way to navigate the harsh vaccuum of space I would like to hear it.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

Come back to me when I can pilot a giant robot.

Or a vehicle that transforms into a giant robot.

Or a vehicle that can combine with other vehicles to form a giant robot.

Or a space succubus.

'Piloting', he calls it.

'Piloting'.

Adorable, really.

If you can think of a better way to navigate the harsh vaccuum of space I would like to hear it.

Space Milkmaid.

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
...Unfortunately, I'm doing all this with a limited range of motion in my neck because I've reached the age where I can injure myself by sleeping. Getting older sucks.

Just wait 'til the night you wake up in the middle of the night and one of your limbs is completely numb and doesn't function.

It's all kinds of fun!

This happens to me. I find sleeping on my back and without a shirt helps.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Starship Captain Yesterday wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

Come back to me when I can pilot a giant robot.

Or a vehicle that transforms into a giant robot.

Or a vehicle that can combine with other vehicles to form a giant robot.

Or a space succubus.

'Piloting', he calls it.

'Piloting'.

Adorable, really.

If you can think of a better way to navigate the harsh vaccuum of space I would like to hear it.
Space Milkmaid.

...touche.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I think I've finally figured out why "idiot idlers" bother me so much: In a tiny little microcosm, we have people who refuse to believe over 40 years of evidence to the contrary, and continue to idle/warm up their cars instead of just shutting them off.

Yes, this morning's target of my ire is a Honda Fit that spent over 15 minutes idling in front of my neighbor's house. It's 55˚F and sunny outside, so they sure as heck weren't doing it to keep the car warm. But even with gas over $4/gallon around here, they just had to keep it running as they went into and out of the house, loading the whole thing up while the car was idling, only to finally decide they weren't ready to leave yet and go into the house.

Even when I was in Driver's Ed in 1983 my instructor said, "Modern cars don't need to be 'warmed up'. All you're doing is wasting gas, polluting the air, and annoying your neighbors."
Even my parents, both born in 1931, said, "Don't warm up the car. you're wasting gas."

And yet there's this mythos that persists, that somehow warming up the car before you drive makes the engine last longer, and it's the "sensible" thing to do. Contrary to decades of evidence and public service announcements to the contrary.

So people who warm up their cars around here are people who just refuse to listen. And that's just SO symptomatic of SO many things I just don't want to dive into a political tirade.

But 8˚F outside and snowing? Heck, yeah! Go ahead and warm up your car for a few minutes so you don't freeze to death on your way to work! 55˚F outside and sunny? You're an <expletive> for warming up your car.

[/tirade]

EDIT: GothBard tried to excuse them by saying, "Maybe they're just clueless, and figured they'd be right out."
To me, that's even worse, since here in California we've been dealing with smog issues from vehicle emissions since the early 1970s, and the new focus on global climate change should at least have everyone thinking, "Whether or not it's true, what can I personally do to reduce my emissions, even a little?"
Ignoring everything going on around you is really NOT a better excuse.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Okay, we warmed up our car in the 1970's in *Minocqua*, where we had snow on the ground five months out of the year. Anyone who does it in the Bay Area is a moron.

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

It took me a couple re-reads to realize you meant "warm up the engine to be functional" rather than "warm up the interior of the car so it's not stupid cold".

My first read I hit "modern cars do not need to be warmed up" and I'm just sitting her going "what kind of car do you have that can keep a comfortable cabin temperature while not running even when it's below-freezing outside?".

Also yeah, 55* is light jacket weather, you don't need to warm your car for that.


7 people marked this as a favorite.

F**k. We're at the robotics club at the library and I almost got into a fight with another mom because I very quietly tried to ask Hermione to play with someone else other than the woman's son because he's an obnoxious little a******, and Hermione couldn't take a hint and started arguing with me, and the mom overheard and got pissed off.

I'm on vacation. Vacation means I don't have to deal with kids who are a******s and make the best of it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:

I think I've finally figured out why "idiot idlers" bother me so much: In a tiny little microcosm, we have people who refuse to believe over 40 years of evidence to the contrary, and continue to idle/warm up their cars instead of just shutting them off.

Yes, this morning's target of my ire is a Honda Fit that spent over 15 minutes idling in front of my neighbor's house. It's 55˚F and sunny outside, so they sure as heck weren't doing it to keep the car warm. But even with gas over $4/gallon around here, they just had to keep it running as they went into and out of the house, loading the whole thing up while the car was idling, only to finally decide they weren't ready to leave yet and go into the house.

Even when I was in Driver's Ed in 1983 my instructor said, "Modern cars don't need to be 'warmed up'. All you're doing is wasting gas, polluting the air, and annoying your neighbors."
Even my parents, both born in 1931, said, "Don't warm up the car. you're wasting gas."

And yet there's this mythos that persists, that somehow warming up the car before you drive makes the engine last longer, and it's the "sensible" thing to do. Contrary to decades of evidence and public service announcements to the contrary.

So people who warm up their cars around here are people who just refuse to listen. And that's just SO symptomatic of SO many things I just don't want to dive into a political tirade.

But 8˚F outside and snowing? Heck, yeah! Go ahead and warm up your car for a few minutes so you don't freeze to death on your way to work! 55˚F outside and sunny? You're an <expletive> for warming up your car.

[/tirade]

EDIT: GothBard tried to excuse them by saying, "Maybe they're just clueless, and figured they'd be right out."
To me, that's even worse, since here in California we've been dealing with smog issues from vehicle emissions since the early 1970s, and the new focus on global climate change should at least have everyone thinking, "Whether or not it's true,...

It was 8 degrees out this morning and I still didn't idle my car.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

All kinds of "interesting" news on the fireplace front:

(1) This time around, it was as if the sales guy had read my tirade on FaWtL and adjusted accordingly. He spoke to both of us instead of just me, didn't give us any runaround, and as soon as we described what we wanted he just showed us a fireplace that complied, then gave us a single price and didn't try to haggle with us.

(2) Just as they do with all "high-end" items (mattresses, fireplaces, etc.), you can't possibly find a retail price for one of these things online, because Heaven forfend the consumer be educated or anything. But I was persistent, and found one place selling the unit for $2099, and this brick-and-mortar store in Berkeley was charging $2479. For the Bay Area, that's just a totally realistic markup for living in StupidPriceLand.

(3) And just as with all "high-end" items, once you agree to buy the fireplace they have to tack on, oh, little things, like the liner, the blower, the face plate, etc., etc., etc., to the point that you kind of want to order just the fireplace on its own and see whether you even get screws. So suddenly that $2479 fireplace was $4100. But that included over $300 in sales tax, but still. "Here's your price. Now add 50% more for the parts that you actually need to make it work" is SO stupid, and so stupidly common. Can you just give me a frigging total price already?

(4) On the bright side, when I first walked in I asked for a ballpark figure for total cost of fireplace, construction, the whole nine yards. He gave me one and I added 25% because salespeople always lie. The final price was within 5% of my estimate.

So yay! We get a fireplace!

Now let's just see how long it takes to get it installed. It was cold in the living room this morning!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I decided to see how close to black Friday I could get before my brothers freak out over my lack of confirmation.

Today, they freaked out.

Unfortunately for them I answered "I can't commit to anything yet until I know what the weather is going to be like".

Sometimes, I love living in the Midwest.


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:

All kinds of "interesting" news on the fireplace front:

(1) This time around, it was as if the sales guy had read my tirade on FaWtL and adjusted accordingly. He spoke to both of us instead of just me, didn't give us any runaround, and as soon as we described what we wanted he just showed us a fireplace that complied, then gave us a single price and didn't try to haggle with us.

(2) Just as they do with all "high-end" items (mattresses, fireplaces, etc.), you can't possibly find a retail price for one of these things online, because Heaven forfend the consumer be educated or anything. But I was persistent, and found one place selling the unit for $2099, and this brick-and-mortar store in Berkeley was charging $2479. For the Bay Area, that's just a totally realistic markup for living in StupidPriceLand.

(3) And just as with all "high-end" items, once you agree to buy the fireplace they have to tack on, oh, little things, like the liner, the blower, the face plate, etc., etc., etc., to the point that you kind of want to order just the fireplace on its own and see whether you even get screws. So suddenly that $2479 fireplace was $4100. But that included over $300 in sales tax, but still. "Here's your price. Now add 50% more for the parts that you actually need to make it work" is SO stupid, and so stupidly common. Can you just give me a frigging total price already?

(4) On the bright side, when I first walked in I asked for a ballpark figure for total cost of fireplace, construction, the whole nine yards. He gave me one and I added 25% because salespeople always lie. The final price was within 5% of my estimate.

So yay! We get a fireplace!

Now let's just see how long it takes to get it installed. It was cold in the living room this morning!

Did it get down to 51 degrees, that must be so painful for you.

Gets blasted with arctic wind off the barren tundra.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

All kinds of "interesting" news on the fireplace front:

(1) This time around, it was as if the sales guy had read my tirade on FaWtL and adjusted accordingly. He spoke to both of us instead of just me, didn't give us any runaround, and as soon as we described what we wanted he just showed us a fireplace that complied, then gave us a single price and didn't try to haggle with us.

(2) Just as they do with all "high-end" items (mattresses, fireplaces, etc.), you can't possibly find a retail price for one of these things online, because Heaven forfend the consumer be educated or anything. But I was persistent, and found one place selling the unit for $2099, and this brick-and-mortar store in Berkeley was charging $2479. For the Bay Area, that's just a totally realistic markup for living in StupidPriceLand.

(3) And just as with all "high-end" items, once you agree to buy the fireplace they have to tack on, oh, little things, like the liner, the blower, the face plate, etc., etc., etc., to the point that you kind of want to order just the fireplace on its own and see whether you even get screws. So suddenly that $2479 fireplace was $4100. But that included over $300 in sales tax, but still. "Here's your price. Now add 50% more for the parts that you actually need to make it work" is SO stupid, and so stupidly common. Can you just give me a frigging total price already?

(4) On the bright side, when I first walked in I asked for a ballpark figure for total cost of fireplace, construction, the whole nine yards. He gave me one and I added 25% because salespeople always lie. The final price was within 5% of my estimate.

So yay! We get a fireplace!

Now let's just see how long it takes to get it installed. It was cold in the living room this morning!

Did it get down to 51 degrees, that must be so painful for you.

Gets blasted with arctic wind off the barren tundra.

Yeah, turn it down so it's 51˚ inside the house. Let's see how long the General and Crookshanks put up with that...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
I think I've finally figured out why "idiot idlers" bother me so much: In a tiny little microcosm, we have people who refuse to believe over 40 years of evidence to the contrary, and continue to idle/warm up their cars instead of just shutting them off.

I got into a serious arguement with mom on this. She will idle her car to extremes and when told that it isnt necessary will go into a screaming fit a out how it is her car, and she will do what she wants with it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

All kinds of "interesting" news on the fireplace front:

(1) This time around, it was as if the sales guy had read my tirade on FaWtL and adjusted accordingly. He spoke to both of us instead of just me, didn't give us any runaround, and as soon as we described what we wanted he just showed us a fireplace that complied, then gave us a single price and didn't try to haggle with us.

(2) Just as they do with all "high-end" items (mattresses, fireplaces, etc.), you can't possibly find a retail price for one of these things online, because Heaven forfend the consumer be educated or anything. But I was persistent, and found one place selling the unit for $2099, and this brick-and-mortar store in Berkeley was charging $2479. For the Bay Area, that's just a totally realistic markup for living in StupidPriceLand.

(3) And just as with all "high-end" items, once you agree to buy the fireplace they have to tack on, oh, little things, like the liner, the blower, the face plate, etc., etc., etc., to the point that you kind of want to order just the fireplace on its own and see whether you even get screws. So suddenly that $2479 fireplace was $4100. But that included over $300 in sales tax, but still. "Here's your price. Now add 50% more for the parts that you actually need to make it work" is SO stupid, and so stupidly common. Can you just give me a frigging total price already?

(4) On the bright side, when I first walked in I asked for a ballpark figure for total cost of fireplace, construction, the whole nine yards. He gave me one and I added 25% because salespeople always lie. The final price was within 5% of my estimate.

So yay! We get a fireplace!

Now let's just see how long it takes to get it installed. It was cold in the living room this morning!

Did it get down to 51 degrees, that must be so painful for you.

Gets blasted with arctic wind off the barren tundra.

I had to refill my pen today.


7 people marked this as a favorite.

So TL is being very polite about it, but this is the state of online gaming: TL has Age of Mythology. My friends are playing group Age of Mythology games. But other online "friend of friend" gamers have made them sooooooo leery of playing with people they've never met that so far they're saying, "Yeah, we don't really see a need..."

And while I understand the leeriness, it's always embarrassing to have to say, "Yeah, sorry. My friends don't want to play with anyone they've never met."

But TL's being a class act about it, so I thought I'd go public on that...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I have never liked online gaming, ever. I dont even play with people I know.

Play by post notwithstanding- and I discovered I am AWFUL at it, partially due to how my job works.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:

Come back to me when I can pilot a giant robot. (alternate)

Or a vehicle that transforms into a giant robot.

Or a vehicle that can combine with other vehicles to form a giant robot. (okay, so not quite - but so close!)

Or a space succubus. (oh, you mean in game; it does, too, totally count!)

gran rey de los nekkid wrote:

You want to pilot a space succubus?

Yeah, that seems accurate.

Vanykrye wrote:
All that and more could be yours...
Limeylongears wrote:

'Piloting', he calls it.

'Piloting'.

Adorable, really.

Vanykrye wrote:
Maintenance guy in the cockpit. I'm never getting home tonight.
Freehold DM wrote:
If you can think of a better way to navigate the harsh vaccuum of space I would like to hear it.
Starship Captain Yesterday wrote:
Space Milkmaid.

(Blue milk?)

Freehold DM wrote:
...touche.

Man, that took a while.

All that sounds like StarFinder, yeah.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Clocking out and going home. I hope to avoid the madhouse that is Pittsburgh's Light-up nught. Good night, everyone.

New FaWtL game! If someone makes a typo and the word doesn't exist, you have to create a Wikipedia article defining it!

Aw. Foo. Your new articles now have to undergo review.

nught. noun. pl: nughts
The inky blackness from which the Old Ones' shrubberies arise.

Source: H.P. Lovecraft's writings. Night + Naught + Nit = blackness, emptiness, shrubbery.

This also sounds like StarFinder!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Actually, in context, I think, "Half a doughnut" would be more amusing. And so very Pittsburgh. "Yeah, we were gonna build a light-up doughnut, but we got tired and only finished half of it. But it's probably good enough."

Ironically, this also sounds like Lovecraft.

You know the rejection of all sanity and the uncaring existence.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

I honestly don't know why I look forward to vacations. Every single damned time I start a school vacation (like this morning), I get ridiculously depressed and don't want to do anything at all.

It doesn't help that Teensy Valeros threw up in my car in the school parking lot as we were leaving yesterday (although he's bouncing off the walls again this morning like the human-squirrel hybrid he is).

It also doesn't help that, as usual, we're too damned broke to go anywhere or do anything, so "vacation" means "kids get to play in their room or tear up the house while Mama catches up on housework for a week".

But, hey, I'm not at work.

This also-also sounds likes StarFi- er, Lovecra-, eh, I mean, aw, too bad.

(But for real, though, it's because you're a teacher and you're secretly always over-tired all the time because you're fundamentally overworked and underpaid, and it's a real and common phenomenon. My wife loves her job, but she enters a mild depression every time she comes back from it.)

EDIT: I'm a good speller, I swear.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

So TL is being very polite about it, but this is the state of online gaming: TL has Age of Mythology. My friends are playing group Age of Mythology games. But other online "friend of friend" gamers have made them sooooooo leery of playing with people they've never met that so far they're saying, "Yeah, we don't really see a need..."

And while I understand the leeriness, it's always embarrassing to have to say, "Yeah, sorry. My friends don't want to play with anyone they've never met."

But TL's being a class act about it, so I thought I'd go public on that...

Hey, my dude, as I said, we're cool! I get it.

Weird people online is why I almost never play online games.

(I've known enough AoE* players IRL that are perfectly sane people IRL, but suddenly become hyper-competitive behind the computer screen. And these are people I normally like! I, uh... I never played with them, either. XD)

* Age of Empires (the series upon which Age of Mythology is built)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
...Unfortunately, I'm doing all this with a limited range of motion in my neck because I've reached the age where I can injure myself by sleeping. Getting older sucks.

Just wait 'til the night you wake up in the middle of the night and one of your limbs is completely numb and doesn't function.

It's all kinds of fun!

This happens to me. I find sleeping on my back and without a shirt helps.

It's true! It does!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Also: Mechs and Techs. For you, Freehold. Enjoy!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

Come back to me when I can pilot a giant robot. (alternate)

Or a vehicle that transforms into a giant robot.

Or a vehicle that can combine with other vehicles to form a giant robot. (okay, so not quite - but so close!)

Or a space succubus. (oh, you mean in game; it does, too, totally count!)

gran rey de los nekkid wrote:

You want to pilot a space succubus?

Yeah, that seems accurate.

Vanykrye wrote:
All
...

wow.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Back to work. Bleh.

On the bright side, I do have a request for another week off in early December, so maybe I'll get that as well.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
wow.

"TL - we work way too hard for a minor joke that isn't even that funny to begin with." :D


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Huh. I just discovered that the Kurgan (from Highlander) is, in fact, Mr. Crab, from Sponge Bob.

mind=blown


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

Huh. I just discovered that the Kurgan (from Highlander) is, in fact, Mr. Crab, from Sponge Bob.

mind=blown

Richard Moll was also "Bull" in Night Court .


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:

Huh. I just discovered that the Kurgan (from Highlander) is, in fact, Mr. Crab, from Sponge Bob.

mind=blown

Richard Moll was also "Bull" in Night Court .

I got confused. Moll was in Highlander the Series. Not the movie. Nothing to see here. Move along.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:

Huh. I just discovered that the Kurgan (from Highlander) is, in fact, Mr. Crab, from Sponge Bob.

mind=blown

Richard Moll was also "Bull" in Night Court .

huge, huge fan of his. Loved him in both shows.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:

Huh. I just discovered that the Kurgan (from Highlander) is, in fact, Mr. Crab, from Sponge Bob.

mind=blown

Richard Moll was also "Bull" in Night Court .
huge, huge fan of his. Loved him in both shows.

*facepalm*

Eeeewwwwwwooooo-kay.

Scarab Sages

8 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

Wohoo! Won concert tickets to one of my favorite bands!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Monster: Striygryph


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Well, our first session with No Girl is today, and we're all hoping she's nicer in person than she's been on emails. In summary:

Email #1: "I always play a half-elf and I never heal."

Email #2: "I'm going to play a class from one of the books you don't allow."

Email #3: "Here's a list of all the background mysteries surrounding my PC that I'd like you to roll into your story."

Email #4: "I don't do backgrounds or writeups." (Combine that with #3 and it's pretty much, "Hey, you're the GM! Do a bunch of legwork for me!")

Email #5: "Here are two vignettes from my character's past that I want you to integrate into your story."
The first vignette is her going dungeon delving with a group of brigands, having it be too tough for them so they fled, and having her solo the rest of the dungeon, take all the loot, then rub it in the brigands' faces how much better she was than all of them.

First-level PC, meet Angry Commoners

So yeah, just, "Here's all the stuff I won't do for the rest of the party/players, and here's all the stuff I want you to do for me.

I may just nickname her WW II if she's as bad in person as she is in email.

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Monster: Striygryph

This and Gryphling saved me some work. One of the countries in my group's homebrew world - specifically the gnomish one - does a lot of bio-engineering as their "thing" and I wanted housecat-gryphons to be a common pet there. Nicely done =D


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:
Ragadolf wrote:


Must also agree with above, that a lot of his stuff DOES seem as if he finished writing them with a Rapier and Dagger pointed at his jugular and private parts respectively, while being told to finish them NOW.

:)

Read that. Immediately started thinking 'How?'

Best answer I could come up with: rapier in low third (hand near right hip, tip of blade angled slightly upwards), dagger in first (arm at shoulder level, blade more or less horizontal).

Clearly I spend too much time with swords...

Heh,

You and me both.
(Except that I didnt actually worry about HOW, exactly. I just know it is possible,...) ;P


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Well, our first session with No Girl is today, and we're all hoping she's nicer in person than she's been on emails. In summary:

Email #1: "I always play a half-elf and I never heal."

Email #2: "I'm going to play a class from one of the books you don't allow."

Email #3: "Here's a list of all the background mysteries surrounding my PC that I'd like you to roll into your story."

Email #4: "I don't do backgrounds or writeups." (Combine that with #3 and it's pretty much, "Hey, you're the GM! Do a bunch of legwork for me!")

Email #5: "Here are two vignettes from my character's past that I want you to integrate into your story."
The first vignette is her going dungeon delving with a group of brigands, having it be too tough for them so they fled, and having her solo the rest of the dungeon, take all the loot, then rub it in the brigands' faces how much better she was than all of them.

First-level PC, meet Angry Commoners

So yeah, just, "Here's all the stuff I won't do for the rest of the party/players, and here's all the stuff I want you to do for me.

I may just nickname her WW II if she's as bad in person as she is in email.

heres hoping shes better than she sounds...

235,901 to 235,950 of 236,550 << first < prev | 4714 | 4715 | 4716 | 4717 | 4718 | 4719 | 4720 | 4721 | 4722 | 4723 | 4724 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.