Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

229,551 to 229,600 of 238,668 << first < prev | 4587 | 4588 | 4589 | 4590 | 4591 | 4592 | 4593 | 4594 | 4595 | 4596 | 4597 | next > last >>

3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Kids went out on a lake in a swan boat and didn’t get lost...

...they got attacked by a swan!

*sigh*

How much to bribe Drejk to create an apparatus of the crab swan?

Edit: Nekkid apparatus? Oh my!


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Dr. Ms. Frankenslaad wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

Kids went out on a lake in a swan boat and didn’t get lost...

...they got attacked by a swan!

*sigh*

How much to bribe Drejk to create an apparatus of the crab swan?

Edit: Nekkid apparatus? Oh my!

Oh, hi, Bjork.

Didn't recognize you for a minute.
Big fan.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dr. Ms. Frankenslaad wrote:

blah blah blah bribe Drejk blah blah blah

blah blah blah

blah Nekkid blah? Oh my!

Sounds promising...


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Why we aren't like the rest of my family.

We asked Crookshanks where the out of state cousins preferred staying this summer, our place or my brother's house.

"Uncle Steve's place, because if he WAS around he was playing videogames in his room, so they could sit around inside and do nothing but play videogames, it was sooooooo boring!" Tiny T-Rex piped in "I thought I was literally going to die of boredom! And I love playing videogames!!".


World's Largest Katamari Ego wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
PC's begin quest to hunt down the person who named it "The Bleeding Edge"
That would be Paul Hewson.

But only if you cut him.


They recently opened a new strip club in town. It caters exclusively to the blind. The girls there dance like nobody is watching.


What kind of dinosaur was found only in Canada? The Torontosaurus Rex.


What is a dog's favorite part of a tree? The bark. Why? Because it's ruff.


Why did the bodybuilder pour wine on his stomach? His trainer told him to abstain from alcohol.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Limeylongears wrote:
Woran wrote:
Anyone of you in Manchester that you trust a lot? A friend of mine is stranded at the airport and is having a breakdown.
Assuming you mean Manchester, UK, yes... but it may be a bit late now...

Yes, Manchester UK.

Its been resolved now.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
Dr. Ms. Frankenslaad wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

Kids went out on a lake in a swan boat and didn’t get lost...

...they got attacked by a swan!

*sigh*

How much to bribe Drejk to create an apparatus of the crab swan?

Edit: Nekkid apparatus? Oh my!

Oh, hi, Bjork.

Didn't recognize you for a minute.
Big fan.

That made me laugh. Give yourself some cookies.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

G$%*+%n f$!~ing trailer!


Death trap?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Step 1: Agree to cover a PD workshop
Step 2: Forget to check PD schedule and arrive five hours earlier than needed
Step 3: Notice literally none of the morning workshops have anything remotely helpful
Step 4: Hole up in empty classroom and futz about on internet until time to present
Step 5: Realize this time could have been spent at home playing Stardew Valley

So how's everyone else's day going?


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Belated:

Hiya, John!

I'm good, all told. Making moves up the corporate ladder. Still fighting a recurring GI infection that wants to kill me slowly (Damn, but this latest Rx is expensive, even with the 30% copay!). RotRL with a 3-man gestalt crew (oradin for the win!). Building Pathfinder/Spheres-mechanics translations of Ravnican guild abilities. Met a fabulous lady and we've been together for about five months. My dogs are happy and healthy.

In other words: Never better!

Thanks for asking!!

How's your world?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
Death trap?

Nope, the trailer's axle started to break and the tire nearly caught on fire.


Hello, everyone!


Syrus Terrigan wrote:

Belated:

Hiya, John!

I'm good, all told. Making moves up the corporate ladder. Still fighting a recurring GI infection that wants to kill me slowly (Damn, but this latest Rx is expensive, even with the 30% copay!). RotRL with a 3-man gestalt crew (oradin for the win!). Building Pathfinder/Spheres-mechanics translations of Ravnican guild abilities. Met a fabulous lady and we've been together for about five months. My dogs are happy and healthy.

In other words: Never better!

Thanks for asking!!

How's your world?

It's okay. My mother's colonoscopy on the tenth came back clean. Watching a lot of educational videos on Youtube. Mainly from PBS Spacetime and PBS Infinite. Work is as boring as ever. And keeping up with the forums of course.


Also, I made a s*$@-ton of Beef Barley soup last night that Mother quite enjoyed.


Mmmmm.... Beef barley soup.

Hungry again.


Sorry about that.


Totally fine. I enjoy good food!


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:

Step 1: Agree to cover a PD workshop

Step 2: Forget to check PD schedule and arrive five hours earlier than needed
Step 3: Notice literally none of the morning workshops have anything remotely helpful
Step 4: Hole up in empty classroom and futz about on internet until time to present
Step 5: Realize this time could have been spent at home playing Stardew Valley

So how's everyone else's day going?

Still in the Virginia office, cleaning up from the previous three technicians and prepping for a physical office move.

There's a file cabinet (2 drawer, but double wide) in the IT office that hasn't been opened in four years. The key has been "missing" that whole time. So I utilized my disable device skills and broke it open.

I found two full drawers of empty vodka and run bottles. But it was premium vodka. The plastic bottle said so.


I hate autocorrect. "Rum", not "run".


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Back from Legend Of Five Rings.

Spoiler:
Bayushi Chiharu was not present today (she was busy writing a court appeal she was preparing herself and Otomo-hime to attend a haiku contest today). So we ended going to deal with fire spirits bound by whoever was inciting the peasant revolt without her.

First we visited Crab outpost, where we were questioned by newly arrived general—commander of the Great Bear personal guard. Apparently the Crab Champion was on his way to the capital for the Emperor's funeral and was going to stop here to resupply... Later the same day.

We had little time to ponder on this though. After a Crab samurai being assigned to help us, we moved as the foreign talisman showed us, to an old and abandoned shrine of Inari (the city had a much bigger and more splendid temple erected long ago) that since that time served as a hideout for a criminal gang.

On site we found four watching peasants... Who were gaijin in disguise. As the Crab samurai lacked finesse or any talent for deception whatsoever, one of them started to secretly prepare a crossbow. As I choose to approach the shrine from the flank, I promptly attacked him, inflicting a grievous wound on him. Stubborn bastard stayed afoot. Our shugenja started blasting the other three enemies, discovering that this place has a terrible dearth of water kami, while fire kami are greatly incited, so they choose not to call on the later (which are the main assault spells of our kitsune). As we dispatched of them, a black-clad silhouette backstabbed my fellow comrade Sukune, prompting me to run after her and she fled via secret passage underneath the shrine.

Shugenja questioned the spirits of air and fire and learned that the ninja was an exiled Shosuro (who apparently killed her master when she ordered her to kill a peasant with whom she fell in love...).

We followed downwards, discovering the cellar floor is covered with a thick black oil, which spirits of the earth present called Blood Of Earth that is greatly prized by them. We proceeded to find and eliminate Shosuro - instead of fighting she started running away, first hiding behind the cage in which the foreign fire spirit was trapped, and then running away. The slick surface was not terribly easy to traverse, but I managed to reach her just as she reached the ramp leading upwards. She was slightly battered by being hit with a few spells by our shugenja, but far from being hurt enough...

And then she threw incendiary charge obviously hoping it would ignite that strange thick oil. In the desperate attempt I leaped backwards, and captured the burning shreds of phosphor on my back - burning the ashigaru armor I wore in the process, but preventing the ignition. I leaped back, and stabbed her, inflicting a wound on her, and getting a serious wound myself... One success less on my Fitness roll and I would suffer another permanent scar...

The kitsune who was purusing her in fox form finished her by tearing away her throat.

In the mean time, Kitsu Yogo Nokkai spoke with the foreign spirit... Which spoke not the civilized tongue, but one of Yogo Nokkai ancestors was capable of translating. The entty asked to be released and promised to go away. As a paragon of virtue of Compassion, Yogo Nokkai choose, against the advice of his ancestor, to release the entity, though he could also bind it forever, ending our issues with the rebellion-sparking heatwave either way.

The last thing we saw was a wave of fires coming our way and then we ended. The next session is in three weeks as the GM is going for another tour of summer RPG camps.


Vanykrye wrote:
I hate autocorrect. "Rum", not "run".

Funny, I haven't noticed it was auto-corrected to run.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

A crew leader for a different company we occasionally collaborate with has labeled our crew "The A Team".


8 people marked this as a favorite.

Begins weaponizing the Mini Bobcat, loads up on gold chains in case Freehold visits.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Make sure you stock up on milk. You are the Mr T, right?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I would love to be Mr T but co-worker is a big guy and is always threatening physical violence on anyone that tries to take his tools.

Shadow Lodge

4 people marked this as a favorite.

Cap strikes me as more of a Murdock anyway.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
I would love to be Mr T but co-worker is a big guy and is always threatening physical violence on anyone that tries to take his tools.

He sounds like a fool. You should pity him.


Clocking out, soon. Good night, everyone,


6 people marked this as a favorite.

All ready to fly home! *If* the flights don’t get stupidly delayed, we hope to be back in Albany in “just” 22 hours. But considering the nightmares we’ve had so far on long travel days, I’m not holding my breath...
...’cause it’d hurt!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

All ready to fly home! *If* the flights don’t get stupidly delayed, we hope to be back in Albany in “just” 22 hours. But considering the nightmares we’ve had so far on long travel days, I’m not holding my breath...

...’cause it’d hurt!

Only for 5 minutes or so. Then you wouldn't feel anything anymore.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

The whole country was 100F or higher yesterday.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
A crew leader for a different company we occasionally collaborate with has labeled our crew "The A Team".

You fire tons of ammo but hit nothing?


6 people marked this as a favorite.

Safe stopover in London...
...but security stupidity must be told...
...later...

EDIT: OK. I have time. We went through a full security screening in Copenhagen, never left the international area in London, yet still had to go through a second security screening to get to our gate... which meant that the water that I stupidly paid for on the plane had to be chugged or discarded. I swear, international airport security is funded by the bottled beverage industry.

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

I love good natured possesion in games.
Especilly if players roleplay it beautifully <3


Woran wrote:
The whole country was 100F or higher yesterday.

that's because you were out walking around! I keep telling you to stay home to avoid heatwaves!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

My flight home leaves in about 11 hours. I have no desire to stay at the office today, I've done as much as I really need to (and then some, honestly) and I'm already checked out of my hotel. And just mentally checked out in general.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
My flight home leaves in about 11 hours. I have no desire to stay at the office today, I've done as much as I really need to (and then some, honestly) and I'm already checked out of my hotel. And just mentally checked out in general.

I would build a private jet complete with in-flight gynoid crew out of the numerous computer parts you discarded if I could.


Lacking jet fuel.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Of the infinite layers of the Abyss, I am convinced that most of them are just variations of American airports.

Scarab Sages

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

Last hour and a half at work.

Its too warm.

Rammsetin is blasting trough the speakers.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

We're waiting for our stone guy to bring us more caps for our wall and the boss to show us the updated planting arrangements.

They're both supposed to arrive at the same time.

I'm going bet at least one of them is late.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Stone guy was early.


captain yesterday wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Death trap?
Nope, the trailer's axle started to break and the tire nearly caught on fire.

Sooo,... ???

DANGEROUS death trap?!?
;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Ragadolf wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Death trap?
Nope, the trailer's axle started to break and the tire nearly caught on fire.

Sooo,... ???

DANGEROUS death trap?!?
;)

Our truck is called the Death Trap, it's complicated.

Needless to say I prefer the Flintstones truck.

Edit: the trailer was towed.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Ragadolf wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Death trap?
Nope, the trailer's axle started to break and the tire nearly caught on fire.

Sooo,... ???

DANGEROUS death trap?!?
;)

Our truck is called the Death Trap, it's complicated.

Needless to say I prefer the Flintstones truck.

Edit: the trailer was towed.

*raises hand*

So...I have questions.

The trailer was towed. Like, normally? Or you put it on another trailer and hauled it out like a plague victim?

229,551 to 229,600 of 238,668 << first < prev | 4587 | 4588 | 4589 | 4590 | 4591 | 4592 | 4593 | 4594 | 4595 | 4596 | 4597 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.