Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

227,851 to 227,900 of 239,707 << first < prev | 4553 | 4554 | 4555 | 4556 | 4557 | 4558 | 4559 | 4560 | 4561 | 4562 | 4563 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's supposed to be cooler tomorrow. For a value of "cooler" that I would consider unlivable twenty years ago and awful ten years ago...

Now I can't wait to have 26 degree Celsius (79 F) in the middle of the day (at night it's still no fun).

:(


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Getting naked is viable option in this steamy heat.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

My problem isn't the temp. It's the humidity.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I found out another brother has diabetes.

Crookshanks asked, nervously "Does this mean it's genetic?"

"No, it means your uncles drink too much soda, not enough water, and don't get enough exercise".


4 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

I found out another brother has diabetes.

Crookshanks asked, nervously "Does this mean it's genetic?"

"No, it means your uncles drink too much soda, not enough water, and don't get enough exercise".

Predisposition to it, though, is based on genetics.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
Sooooo much to get done today and tomorrow. Finish cleaning and organizing the house, laundry, packing, a meeting at work, mowing the lawn, baking two dozen muffins for the church's shelter breakfast, Val's appointment with the pedestrian, and maybe sleep. To my credit, I'm not actually panicking yet.

hands her a card for BEFREE!hold nude landscaping


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Woran wrote:

Oh gods, yesterday is catching up to me.

I need a nap.
I need a nap in a cool place.

Discuss the importance of lowering your temperatures with your leaders, lest Freehold never visit your lovely country.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Woran wrote:

Oh gods, yesterday is catching up to me.

I need a nap.
I need a nap in a cool place.
Come by our house! It's not supposed to break 70°F again until Friday...

you could also do this, but wouldn't you rather take your leaders to task for poor weather?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Drejk wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

I found out another brother has diabetes.

Crookshanks asked, nervously "Does this mean it's genetic?"

"No, it means your uncles drink too much soda, not enough water, and don't get enough exercise".

Predisposition to it, though, is based on genetics.

Totally, but in my family's case it's straight up obtuseness and excessive soda consumption (in the case of my most recent brother he hasn't drank so much as a glass of water in at least a decade, only soda).

Same with the other brother.

So, no, I'm blaming Mountain Dew and a sedentary lifestyle over genetics.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

I found out another brother has diabetes.

Crookshanks asked, nervously "Does this mean it's genetic?"

"No, it means your uncles drink too much soda, not enough water, and don't get enough exercise".

Predisposition to it, though, is based on genetics.

Both true.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
And now it's on immigration. This is my life for the next two weeks.

Please let me talk to them. It will be funny.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yeah, I didn't blame my recently-deceased friend's diabetes and heart condition on "genetics", since both his parents are alive and free from these conditions.

I blame it on half a case of Diet Coke a day for nearly 2 decades, plus being too lazy to walk even two blocks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'll happily walk much farther a day... Once that damned heat will pass.

Though I drink and will continue drink a lot of soda in the last two weeks and at least until the end of this week...


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm sure every chore-doer on this list will know this pain:

Family Member: Oh, you shouldn't be doing that! You're injured!

Which translates to, "Why don't you just leave that lying around rotting on the counter for the next 2 weeks until you've recovered enough to take care of it without hurting yourself?"

Actually doing the chores they're trying to prevent me from doing?
No... that's just not "done"...


3 people marked this as a favorite.

YouTube should have a buttons: why the hell are you showing me that ad in the first place

AND

don't bother to show me things that are paid for with credit card, I don't have one and won't be getting one just to buy that crap.

Shadow Lodge

4 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Maybe it's just being from a long-time California family, but we really didn't have the whole "political arguments" thing. My father had some execrable opinions. We told him so. He accepted that. But continued to espouse them. But there was really no point in argument, so we just ignored him.

Its the opposite here. The inexorable opinions are in the majority and they are more thAn happy to take this opportunity to complain about the latest "liberal stupidity" that happens to have irked one of them lately. And minority opinions are both unwelcome and untolerated.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Drejk wrote:
I'll happily walk much farther a day... Once that damned heat will pass.

I will be happy to walk more in the evenings once we get to a new neighborhood with good paths. I'm hoping we get into the one we're looking at now.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

Maybe it's just being from a long-time California family, but we really didn't have the whole "political arguments" thing. My father had some execrable opinions. We told him so. He accepted that. But continued to espouse them. But there was really no point in argument, so we just ignored him.

Its the opposite here. The inexorable opinions are in the majority and they are more thAn happy to take this opportunity to complain about the latest "liberal stupidity" that happens to have irked one of them lately. And minority opinions are both unwelcome and untolerated.

Agreed.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:

We hit 90 yesterday, and will likely do so again today. And last night we had 1" hail (2.54cm) with 60mph (96kph) winds.

Welcome to the Midwest.

...should I be concerned for next week?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
Kill me now. Dad, Grandfather, and sister ranting about politics and how much they think unions and walkouts are stupid.

takes up sniper position across the street


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:

We hit 90 yesterday, and will likely do so again today. And last night we had 1" hail (2.54cm) with 60mph (96kph) winds.

Welcome to the Midwest.

...should I be concerned for next week?

No. Why would you ask? This isn't abnormal.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
And now it's on immigration. This is my life for the next two weeks.

dammit orthos, stop moving!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

I found out another brother has diabetes.

Crookshanks asked, nervously "Does this mean it's genetic?"

"No, it means your uncles drink too much soda, not enough water, and don't get enough exercise".

I too am attempting to avoid that possibility.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:

We hit 90 yesterday, and will likely do so again today. And last night we had 1" hail (2.54cm) with 60mph (96kph) winds.

Welcome to the Midwest.

...should I be concerned for next week?
No. Why would you ask? This isn't abnormal.

...do you live in some kind of layer of the abyss where 90 degree heat, scorching winds and hail are a regular occurence?


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Ugh, bad pain day. I overdid it badly on Monday. My hydroponic garden needed its tank refilled, and there's no hose, so I have to carry the water over from the sink. Normally I walk with a cane, but the water container is heavy so I need two hands. I can only make it like maybe six steps walking normally before my hip gives out and I faceplant, so I've figured out this really awkward work-around that involves twisting my foot sideways, hyperextending my knee, and doing a weird kind of shuffle-walk. It lets me make the trip without falling, but it's bad for literally every part of my leg. And it took like twenty trips of this to fill the tank. Yesterday wasn't so bad. I mean, I couldn't move my leg, and I was so exhausted I couldn't put coherent thoughts together, but I was mostly numb. Not great for my to-do list though as I ended up falling down the fanfic rabbit hole on AO3 instead of doing what I was supposed to. Whoops! Well, at least I found a really good fic about my fav OTP. ^.^ (Not as good at characterization and plot as the other fic I'm reading, but A+ smut. Freehold would approve!) But today all the pain has caught up and I want to scream every time I move my leg. :/
So the takeaway from this is that I really need to get a hose....can a normal garden hose attach to a kitchen faucet or do I need some kind of adapter? I haven't had an outdoor garden in so long, I legit don't remember these things...


10 people marked this as a favorite.

I did give my family fair warning that it's a bad pain day by wearing The Shirt. On the front it says "My body is a temple, ancient & crumbling, probably cursed, harboring an unspeakable horror". I always wear it when I'm feeling extra bad because humor is an excellent coping mechanism :P


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:

We hit 90 yesterday, and will likely do so again today. And last night we had 1" hail (2.54cm) with 60mph (96kph) winds.

Welcome to the Midwest.

...should I be concerned for next week?
No. Why would you ask? This isn't abnormal.
...do you live in some kind of layer of the abyss where 90 degree heat, scorching winds and hail are a regular occurence?

......he already told you he's in the midwest? ;P


10 people marked this as a favorite.

Kiddo is nearly done with drivers training. Just a couple more days. And then we get to the really nerve-wracking part....having to be a passenger in the car while they drive. :O


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:

Ugh, bad pain day. I overdid it badly on Monday. My hydroponic garden needed its tank refilled, and there's no hose, so I have to carry the water over from the sink. Normally I walk with a cane, but the water container is heavy so I need two hands. I can only make it like maybe six steps walking normally before my hip gives out and I faceplant, so I've figured out this really awkward work-around that involves twisting my foot sideways, hyperextending my knee, and doing a weird kind of shuffle-walk. It lets me make the trip without falling, but it's bad for literally every part of my leg. And it took like twenty trips of this to fill the tank. Yesterday wasn't so bad. I mean, I couldn't move my leg, and I was so exhausted I couldn't put coherent thoughts together, but I was mostly numb. Not great for my to-do list though as I ended up falling down the fanfic rabbit hole on AO3 instead of doing what I was supposed to. Whoops! Well, at least I found a really good fic about my fav OTP. ^.^ (Not as good at characterization and plot as the other fic I'm reading, but A+ smut. Freehold would approve!) But today all the pain has caught up and I want to scream every time I move my leg. :/

So the takeaway from this is that I really need to get a hose....can a normal garden hose attach to a kitchen faucet or do I need some kind of adapter? I haven't had an outdoor garden in so long, I legit don't remember these things...

You'll need an adapter for a standard garden hose to fit to a standard kitchen faucet.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:

We hit 90 yesterday, and will likely do so again today. And last night we had 1" hail (2.54cm) with 60mph (96kph) winds.

Welcome to the Midwest.

...should I be concerned for next week?
No. Why would you ask? This isn't abnormal.
...do you live in some kind of layer of the abyss where 90 degree heat, scorching winds and hail are a regular occurence?
......he already told you he's in the midwest? ;P

Even worse, he lives in Illinois.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It's 86 in New Glarus, I'm compacting pavers by hand (for that authentic olde worlde flavour).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
lynora wrote:

Ugh, bad pain day. I overdid it badly on Monday. My hydroponic garden needed its tank refilled, and there's no hose, so I have to carry the water over from the sink. Normally I walk with a cane, but the water container is heavy so I need two hands. I can only make it like maybe six steps walking normally before my hip gives out and I faceplant, so I've figured out this really awkward work-around that involves twisting my foot sideways, hyperextending my knee, and doing a weird kind of shuffle-walk. It lets me make the trip without falling, but it's bad for literally every part of my leg. And it took like twenty trips of this to fill the tank. Yesterday wasn't so bad. I mean, I couldn't move my leg, and I was so exhausted I couldn't put coherent thoughts together, but I was mostly numb. Not great for my to-do list though as I ended up falling down the fanfic rabbit hole on AO3 instead of doing what I was supposed to. Whoops! Well, at least I found a really good fic about my fav OTP. ^.^ (Not as good at characterization and plot as the other fic I'm reading, but A+ smut. Freehold would approve!) But today all the pain has caught up and I want to scream every time I move my leg. :/

So the takeaway from this is that I really need to get a hose....can a normal garden hose attach to a kitchen faucet or do I need some kind of adapter? I haven't had an outdoor garden in so long, I legit don't remember these things...
You'll need an adapter for a standard garden hose to fit to a standard kitchen faucet.

Thanks! *adds to shopping list*


8 people marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:

Kiddo is nearly done with drivers training. Just a couple more days. And then we get to the really nerve-wracking part....having to be a passenger in the car while they drive. :O

Friend of ours is having her eldest go through driver's ed right now. Two weeks ago we got a text with the line "I'll start off by saying everyone is fine. Nobody got hurt." Then came the pictures of the totaled vehicle wedged in a ditch.

Yes, the kid wrecked their SUV, but in so doing she saved the life of the motorcyclist who pulled out in front of her at a semi-blind curved intersection that was sprinkled with gravel. While the kid was admittedly going a touch too fast for her experience level and the road she was on, she did good. Police on the scene issued no tickets and no verbal warnings. A simple "You did the best you could with the situation and nobody got hurt. Good job."


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I started having The Adult Kid drive out in the country and in my home town when she was 14. By the time she was in driver's ed she no longer had anxiety issues about the very idea of being behind the wheel, which made it a lot easier for her to focus on the traffic.

I started actually learning when I was 9, not counting Granddad and his penchant for letting his grandchildren take the wheel when we were sitting on his lap at 2-yrs-old.


10 people marked this as a favorite.

Just got back from a funeral for one of Mrs. Sunrise's aunts.

I'm sure that I misheard him, but when the deacon who led the service introduced himself, what I heard was "I'm a retired deacon of Our Lady of Eternal Hel." Again, I'm sure I misheard him but with Good Omens fresh in my mind, I couldn't help considering the possibility of some order of satanic priests.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:

Ugh, bad pain day. I overdid it badly on Monday. My hydroponic garden needed its tank refilled, and there's no hose, so I have to carry the water over from the sink. Normally I walk with a cane, but the water container is heavy so I need two hands. I can only make it like maybe six steps walking normally before my hip gives out and I faceplant, so I've figured out this really awkward work-around that involves twisting my foot sideways, hyperextending my knee, and doing a weird kind of shuffle-walk. It lets me make the trip without falling, but it's bad for literally every part of my leg. And it took like twenty trips of this to fill the tank. Yesterday wasn't so bad. I mean, I couldn't move my leg, and I was so exhausted I couldn't put coherent thoughts together, but I was mostly numb. Not great for my to-do list though as I ended up falling down the fanfic rabbit hole on AO3 instead of doing what I was supposed to. Whoops! Well, at least I found a really good fic about my fav OTP. ^.^ (Not as good at characterization and plot as the other fic I'm reading, but A+ smut. Freehold would approve!) But today all the pain has caught up and I want to scream every time I move my leg. :/

So the takeaway from this is that I really need to get a hose....can a normal garden hose attach to a kitchen faucet or do I need some kind of adapter? I haven't had an outdoor garden in so long, I legit don't remember these things...

I do approve.

You probably need an adapter.


7 people marked this as a favorite.

Why is it that the most-common typo for "under" is "nuder"?

I blame Freehold.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Why is it that the most-common typo for "under" is "nuder"?

I blame Freehold.

WAKANDANUDITY FOREVER


4 people marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:
I did give my family fair warning that it's a bad pain day by wearing The Shirt. On the front it says "My body is a temple, ancient & crumbling, probably cursed, harboring an unspeakable horror". I always wear it when I'm feeling extra bad because humor is an excellent coping mechanism :P

there's a dirty joke in there somewhere. I just know it.

continues to stare at text


Tacticslion wrote:
MUgh. AC down in the house. Second time this year. Blech.

Aaaaaaaaand “record heat” today: 105 outside my window.

Oh, and our power outage. Gooooooood.


(Still no AC. Until Friday. Freehold, we hereby demand you send us your weather.)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
MUgh. AC down in the house. Second time this year. Blech.

Aaaaaaaaand “record heat” today: 105 outside my window.

Oh, and our power outage. Gooooooood.

Looks at thermometer...

...starts typing...

...checks again and ponders the pain it might cause...

...walks away from keyboard.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

Annothere evenynge of ye greatesworde, or montante, and oddsblood, if I keepeth this up, I shalle hath shoulders like unto GRATE SPHERES OF GRANYTTE.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Today I have attained new ranks in low class, trashy, and mind-bogglingly stupid. It's only 90 here this afternoon but the heat index is 99. On my to-do list for this afternoon were the items touch up the color in my hair (which requires heat processing) and mow the lawn. So what did I do? I put the color on my hair, put on a plastic shower cap, and went outside to mow the lawn.
If I don't actually die of heat stroke, it will be because Hermione keeps bringing me iced tea.
No, I will not attempt this again.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

lynora, I'd get something like this. The swivel puts less lateral force on the kitchen faucet.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Today I have attained new ranks in low class, trashy, and mind-bogglingly stupid. It's only 90 here this afternoon but the heat index is 99. On my to-do list for this afternoon were the items touch up the color in my hair (which requires heat processing) and mow the lawn. So what did I do? I put the color on my hair, put on a plastic shower cap, and went outside to mow the lawn.

If I don't actually die of heat stroke, it will be because Hermione keeps bringing me iced tea.
No, I will not attempt this again.

OMG! Today I love you!

Can I get you a fluffy pink bathrobe and white bunny slippers to complete the look?

I can even get CY to throw them in a tar-and-gravel mixer to give them the proper "lived-in" look...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Feels a bit chilly because of the breeze. Puts vest back on...


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
MUgh. AC down in the house. Second time this year. Blech.

Aaaaaaaaand “record heat” today: 105 outside my window.

Oh, and our power outage. Gooooooood.

Looks at thermometer...

...starts typing...

...checks again and ponders the pain it might cause...

...walks away from keyboard.

You are wise beyond your years.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Today I have attained new ranks in low class, trashy, and mind-bogglingly stupid. It's only 90 here this afternoon but the heat index is 99. On my to-do list for this afternoon were the items touch up the color in my hair (which requires heat processing) and mow the lawn. So what did I do? I put the color on my hair, put on a plastic shower cap, and went outside to mow the lawn.

If I don't actually die of heat stroke, it will be because Hermione keeps bringing me iced tea.
No, I will not attempt this again.

I'm about to finally put the correct lawnmower blade on and go mow myself. Well...um...maybe not mow myself. That would be painful. I'm not into that kind of thing. No shame for those that are/might be, but that level of masochism just isn't my thing.

It's cooled off...it's down to 87. We hit 91 with 52% humidity, so no, not hellish yet. Warm, to be sure, but that humidity is still low.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Feels a bit chilly because of the breeze. Puts vest back on...

Your wisdom is regressing...

227,851 to 227,900 of 239,707 << first < prev | 4553 | 4554 | 4555 | 4556 | 4557 | 4558 | 4559 | 4560 | 4561 | 4562 | 4563 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.