Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

227,801 to 227,850 of 235,364 << first < prev | 4552 | 4553 | 4554 | 4555 | 4556 | 4557 | 4558 | 4559 | 4560 | 4561 | 4562 | next > last >>

5 people marked this as a favorite.

Watched a video about an arena that collapsed during construction. The investigation found that of the ~990 bolt holes, only around 430 had bolts in them. And of those bolts, only about 150 had nuts on them. Sounds like someone didn't know what the f!*~ they were doing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Clocking out. Good night, everyone.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:

Watched a video about an arena that collapsed during construction. The investigation found that of the ~990 bolt holes, only around 430 had bolts in them. And of those bolts, only about 150 had nuts on them. Sounds like someone didn't know what the f~&! they were doing.

... are we talking about a building or an org.... nevermind.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:

Watched a video about an arena that collapsed during construction. The investigation found that of the ~990 bolt holes, only around 430 had bolts in them. And of those bolts, only about 150 had nuts on them. Sounds like someone didn't know what the f&%! they were doing.

Hole-y! That is nuts! Someone screwed up!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:

Watched a video about an arena that collapsed during construction. The investigation found that of the ~990 bolt holes, only around 430 had bolts in them. And of those bolts, only about 150 had nuts on them. Sounds like someone didn't know what the f&%! they were doing.

Hole-y! That is nuts! Someone screwed up!

Or they didn't screw enough!

(not innuendo I mean literally they didn't put enough screw in the arena.)


Blech:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Watched a video about an arena that collapsed during construction.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
The investigation found that of the ~990 bolt holes,
Sharoth wrote:
Hole-y!

More than expected!

gran rey de los mono wrote:
And of those bolts, only about 150 had nuts on them.
Sharoth wrote:
That is nuts!

But only 150 of them!

gran rey de los mono wrote:
only around 430 had bolts in them. And of those bolts,
Sharoth wrote:
Someone screwed up!
Vidmaster7 wrote:

Or they didn't screw enough!

(not innuendo I mean literally they didn't put enough screw in the arena.)

Seems like someone got really screwed-over.

gran rey de los mono wrote:
Sounds like someone didn't know what the f&%! they were doing.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
... are we talking about a building or an org.... nevermind.

Yeah, I don't know where I was going with these jokes that were literally already done. I thought I had ideas, but... eh. I'm tired and have driven for days and have forgotten whatever I was going to do.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I still appreciate the effort.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Go get some sleep, Tact. Hopefully you will feel better later. We will still be here.


Vidmaster7 wrote:
I still appreciate the effort.

Hah!

Sharoth wrote:
Go get some sleep, Tact. Hopefully you will feel better later. We will still be here.

Thanks! I'm actually fine. Just... bad at jokes right now. XD


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
I still appreciate the effort.

Hah!

Sharoth wrote:
Go get some sleep, Tact. Hopefully you will feel better later. We will still be here.
Thanks! I'm actually fine. Just... bad at jokes right now. XD

We can't all be the funny gran time! All the funny jokes! look at my name with the non-capitalized g. oh ho ho.

(I have too much fun with this alias. )


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I woke up on time yesterday, slept an hour and a half past my alarm today. I have work tomorrow, and now I'm afraid of sleeping too long and being late on the first day.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

set multiple alarms maybe?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'll see about getting an alarm clock or two.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran_funny_joke_time wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
I still appreciate the effort.

Hah!

Sharoth wrote:
Go get some sleep, Tact. Hopefully you will feel better later. We will still be here.
Thanks! I'm actually fine. Just... bad at jokes right now. XD

We can't all be the funny gran time! All the funny jokes! look at my name with the non-capitalized g. oh ho ho.

(I have too much fun with this alias. )

You do know there are no underscores in my name, right?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
gran_funny_joke_time wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
I still appreciate the effort.

Hah!

Sharoth wrote:
Go get some sleep, Tact. Hopefully you will feel better later. We will still be here.
Thanks! I'm actually fine. Just... bad at jokes right now. XD

We can't all be the funny gran time! All the funny jokes! look at my name with the non-capitalized g. oh ho ho.

(I have too much fun with this alias. )

You do know there are no underscores in my name, right?

Beg all you like but I'm not making another alias with your name.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Morning FaWtLanteans! I hope everyone is doing well today, and has a good one ahead of them. :)

Hope your back feels better soon NH, try and give it some rest! It would be a shame if you did some damage before your EU hols.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Oh so this is like my last day of work before my surgery. I'll try to remember to tell you guys how it went but I may also sleep for like 5 days straight. who knows? IF you don't hear back from me in like a month assume someone messed up on something spectacularly.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

On the security thing, ever since I was a child, I've always lived in places where the front door can't be opened with the key. So, even if it's unlocked, if you don't have the key, you can't open it from the outside. I always thought this was the default, so front doors that just open feel weird to me. I guess that'd probably put me in number 3 in NH's list, I don't want the front door opening unless the person has an actual key for it.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Oh so this is like my last day of work before my surgery. I'll try to remember to tell you guys how it went but I may also sleep for like 5 days straight. who knows? IF you don't hear back from me in like a month assume someone messed up on something spectacularly.

Good luck! I hope no one messes anything up, spectacularly or otherwise. :)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I always tell the kids before I go anywhere "If I don't return, avenge my death" which I got from Homer Simpson.

Bonus points if you know what episode it's from.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Today we're getting some extra red shirts for our project.

Literally, as last year they printed out a whole bunch of red shirts for everyone but I refused, as well as co-worker and a bunch of other people that used to work for the same company that had red shirts for everyone, so you know all the new guys because they're the only ones wearing red shirts.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

I always tell the kids before I go anywhere "If I don't return, avenge my death" which I got from Homer Simpson.

Bonus points if you know what episode it's from.

Going bowling. Not back, avenge deaths


8 people marked this as a favorite.

Oh and If I'm not back in 2 weeks avenge death.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Good luck, Vid! A very speedy and painless recovery to you.

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Man. I am hungry.

I just made chicken and dumplings for dinner. I was again unimpressed by the results of my cooking, but Mom & Dad are wolfing it down, so I guess it mustn't be too bad. I've got plenty, so you're welcome to a heaping plate or bowl full if you drop by.

Edit: I forgot we hit a record 98F today plus the high humidity. I suspect you won't be coming by.

It hit 100F in places here yesterday.

Scarab Sages

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

Rammstein was awesome by the way. I'm pretty sure some people lost some eyebrows. When they say pyrotechnics, they mean, huge freaking flamethrowers.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Woran wrote:
Rammstein was awesome by the way. I'm pretty sure some people lost some eyebrows. When they say pyrotechnics, they mean, huge freaking flamethrowers.

They do not mess around with their explosives and flammables.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

Poor WW. Last night it seems he either couldn't find any bobby pins or never learned to pick a lock.

Our front door has two deadbolts, only one of which can be opened from the outside. WW taught the kids to always use this one when he's not home, but I usually just lock the doorknob lock, mostly because he gets home so late. And there's a burglar bar on the sliding door in the kitchen.

So last night, one of the kids ended up locking him out of the house, and I fell asleep with my ringer off. He had to climb behind the hedge (which is holly) to tap on the bedroom window to wake me. He was not happy.


8 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Other Captain: Why don't you guys get upset that other crew takes all the good tools?

Co-worker: We already have the best tools, we came in a week before you this spring and grabbed everything we needed and locked it in a trailer.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Crookshanks has taken up the mantle of GMing Starfinder.

She started with the Beginner's Box adventure last night and she just disappeared into her room with Against The Aeon Throne and the CRB.

I'm so proud.

you have done well.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Woran wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Man. I am hungry.

I just made chicken and dumplings for dinner. I was again unimpressed by the results of my cooking, but Mom & Dad are wolfing it down, so I guess it mustn't be too bad. I've got plenty, so you're welcome to a heaping plate or bowl full if you drop by.

Edit: I forgot we hit a record 98F today plus the high humidity. I suspect you won't be coming by.

It hit 100F in places here yesterday.

So, Europe has installed an anti-Freehold defense system.

Damn. It seems I will have to stick with domestic milkmaids.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

I always tell the kids before I go anywhere "If I don't return, avenge my death" which I got from Homer Simpson.

Bonus points if you know what episode it's from.

when dumbass mk. I moved into the neighborhood?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Poor WW. Last night it seems he either couldn't find any bobby pins or never learned to pick a lock.

Our front door has two deadbolts, only one of which can be opened from the outside. WW taught the kids to always use this one when he's not home, but I usually just lock the doorknob lock, mostly because he gets home so late. And there's a burglar bar on the sliding door in the kitchen.

So last night, one of the kids ended up locking him out of the house, and I fell asleep with my ringer off. He had to climb behind the hedge (which is holly) to tap on the bedroom window to wake me. He was not happy.

but this sounds like such an adventure!


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Well, the "good" news is that I "just" exacerbated the strain -- it's expanded from my Latissimus dorsi m. to around under the ribcage, but at least I'm able to move around today and lift things with my right arm.

And now I have to be very careful about lifting things and moving around. Similar to CY, I am not good at such idleness.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm not a big fan of "reaction" videos, but during my forced downtime YouTube showed me this link of a vocal coach reacting to Disturbed (may have been one of Sharoth's links, or a follow-on to it). I find her utterly delightful, and she totally reminds me of my own beloved choir director.

Then she did Nightwish, and I found it hilarious that they specifically recommended a song where only Floor sings. I've always said, "I love Nightwish... as long as they never let any of the men sing."

Finally, she did Jinjer, and it's hilarious.

Anyway, as I said, not a fan of reaction videos, but I found these a lot of fun.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Sooooo much to get done today and tomorrow. Finish cleaning and organizing the house, laundry, packing, a meeting at work, mowing the lawn, baking two dozen muffins for the church's shelter breakfast, Val's appointment with the pedestrian, and maybe sleep. To my credit, I'm not actually panicking yet.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

I'm not a big fan of "reaction" videos, but during my forced downtime YouTube showed me this link of a vocal coach reacting to Disturbed (may have been one of Sharoth's links, or a follow-on to it). I find her utterly delightful, and she totally reminds me of my own beloved choir director.

Then she did Nightwish, and I found it hilarious that they specifically recommended a song where only Floor sings. I've always said, "I love Nightwish... as long as they never let any of the men sing."

Finally, she did Jinjer, and it's hilarious.

Anyway, as I said, not a fan of reaction videos, but I found these a lot of fun.

Tara Simon is a little...she knows what she's talking about, absolutely no debate from me there...but she gets on my nerves because she's a bit, I don't know, sheltered or something. She makes comments on people's piercings as a "Oh, look at all that hardware...", which she happens to do in both the Disturbed and Jinjer videos. I can take her in small doses. She doesn't annoy me nearly as much as Rebecca Vocal Athlete.

But her Jinjer reaction was hysterical. So over-the-top.

Scarab Sages

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

Oh gods, yesterday is catching up to me.
I need a nap.
I need a nap in a cool place.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

I'm not a big fan of "reaction" videos, but during my forced downtime YouTube showed me this link of a vocal coach reacting to Disturbed (may have been one of Sharoth's links, or a follow-on to it). I find her utterly delightful, and she totally reminds me of my own beloved choir director.

Then she did Nightwish, and I found it hilarious that they specifically recommended a song where only Floor sings. I've always said, "I love Nightwish... as long as they never let any of the men sing."

Finally, she did Jinjer, and it's hilarious.

Anyway, as I said, not a fan of reaction videos, but I found these a lot of fun.

Tara Simon is a little...she knows what she's talking about, absolutely no debate from me there...but she gets on my nerves because she's a bit, I don't know, sheltered or something. She makes comments on people's piercings as a "Oh, look at all that hardware...", which she happens to do in both the Disturbed and Jinjer videos. I can take her in small doses. She doesn't annoy me nearly as much as Rebecca Vocal Athlete.

But her Jinjer reaction was hysterical. So over-the-top.

My choir director is the same way. She grew up in San Jose, and yet piercings still surprise her, and I suspect she wouldn't know a metal growl until one walked up and bit her on the heinie. And yeah, I'm betting she'd use heinie.

Vocal coaches live in their own little worlds of sunshine and unicorns...


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Woran wrote:

Oh gods, yesterday is catching up to me.

I need a nap.
I need a nap in a cool place.

Come by our house! It's not supposed to break 70°F again until Friday...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

We hit 90 yesterday, and will likely do so again today. And last night we had 1" hail (2.54cm) with 60mph (96kph) winds.

Welcome to the Midwest.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Woran wrote:

Oh gods, yesterday is catching up to me.

I need a nap.
I need a nap in a cool place.
Come by our house! It's not supposed to break 70°F again until Friday...

That's it! I am not going to send kobolds to take anything from you! They will have simple orders of taking all of you out of the house and I will inhabit it!

Don't forget to leave Impus Major's gaming rig where it is!


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Temperature yesterday: Please, kill me!
Temperature today: Why I did not die yesterday?!

Shadow Lodge

10 people marked this as a favorite.

Kill me now. Dad, Grandfather, and sister ranting about politics and how much they think unions and walkouts are stupid.

Shadow Lodge

9 people marked this as a favorite.

And now it's on immigration. This is my life for the next two weeks.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Narrowly dodged that bullet at dinner last night. Went to Black Angus for the father-in-law's birthday.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Since my father's death, political conversations in my family have gotten far less contentious.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

We're up to 80 with 52% humidity and no breeze, plus I'm working in the sun.

It's great!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

MUgh. AC down in the house. Second time this year. Blech.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Maybe it's just being from a long-time California family, but we really didn't have the whole "political arguments" thing. My father had some execrable opinions. We told him so. He accepted that. But continued to espouse them. But there was really no point in argument, so we just ignored him.

227,801 to 227,850 of 235,364 << first < prev | 4552 | 4553 | 4554 | 4555 | 4556 | 4557 | 4558 | 4559 | 4560 | 4561 | 4562 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.