Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

225,551 to 225,600 of 234,285 << first < prev | 4507 | 4508 | 4509 | 4510 | 4511 | 4512 | 4513 | 4514 | 4515 | 4516 | 4517 | next > last >>

Hmmm, man, my sarcasm has some pretty dark imagery.

Edit: Naked dark imagery.

Edit 2: Or maybe not, I just love the puppies and don't want to see them kicked in the face!

Edit 3: And sadly that's still better than what we do to actual human beings.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It used to be if the person I was working with decided to mail it in I'd happily join them and wait out the clock.

But, now that I'm older and paid relatively well for my position I find that I just double down and put in twice the effort.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

It used to be if the person I was working with decided to mail it in I'd happily join them and wait out the clock.

But, now that I'm older and paid relatively well for my position I find that I just double down and put in twice the effort.

Welcome to Grognarville.

Now just wait for your company to realize they could pay a youngster 2/3 as much as you for the "same" job, lay you off, then fail to comprehend why their work output suddenly plummeted...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I feel like I missed a lot on the previous page, but I'm too tired to see what.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Fires practice bikes in everyone's general direction, just for old times sake.


captain yesterday wrote:
I feel like I missed a lot on the previous page, but I'm too tired to see what.

You didn't miss much, just a bunch of talk about abuse, racial bias, and the terribleness of prison. Typical stuff these days in my community.

Feel free to move on without checking to happier times.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Also Dorn is pretty good at killing dragons yo.


Who.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Dorn the Dragon Slayer


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Sadly, I don't get rest for awhile, we're almost out of coffee and I didn't have enough time to pick up the car today.

I have a work truck (I'm what's called "essential", a weird feeling) for getting to and from work but I'd rather not chance it breaking down at the grocery store, so it's another 3 mile round trip walk for me today


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Just popping in to say hi everyone, and sorry to hear about your troubles Woran and LordSynos! And about your friend, Yuugasa, what her family did to her was inexcusable. I hope she can get help and learn to love herself.

And coincidentally, I'm off to the local Democrats meeting, where we are electing a new chair and hearing about next year's strategy from a guest from the county party. Should be more interesting than the usual meetings. :)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Yuugasa wrote:
Dorn the Dragon Slayer

Oh right, couldn't get into that one when I tried reading it, but that was during a weird time and realms fatigue had started to set in.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:

Sadly, I don't get rest for awhile, we're almost out of coffee and I didn't have enough time to pick up the car today.

I have a work truck (I'm what's called "essential", a weird feeling) for getting to and from work but I'd rather not chance it breaking down at the grocery store, so it's another 3 mile round trip walk for me today

Good luck to you, Cap. My van's fuel pump died so I feel for you and having to walk to the grocery store. You stay safe.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Tangent101 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

Sadly, I don't get rest for awhile, we're almost out of coffee and I didn't have enough time to pick up the car today.

I have a work truck (I'm what's called "essential", a weird feeling) for getting to and from work but I'd rather not chance it breaking down at the grocery store, so it's another 3 mile round trip walk for me today

Good luck to you, Cap. My van's fuel pump died so I feel for you and having to walk to the grocery store. You stay safe.

You're alive!?!?!??!

Good for you!

Good to see you around again!

Thankfully, it's a safe neighborhood. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:
Tangent101 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

Sadly, I don't get rest for awhile, we're almost out of coffee and I didn't have enough time to pick up the car today.

I have a work truck (I'm what's called "essential", a weird feeling) for getting to and from work but I'd rather not chance it breaking down at the grocery store, so it's another 3 mile round trip walk for me today

Good luck to you, Cap. My van's fuel pump died so I feel for you and having to walk to the grocery store. You stay safe.

You're alive!?!?!??!

Good for you!

Good to see you around again!

Thankfully, it's a safe neighborhood. :-)

Yeah, I'm kicking around the Reign of Winter and Hell's Rebels (and Campaign Journal) forums still. I finally got a tabletop group running again with the help of my flatmate (who moved in last year). The Skype group (now on Discord) is doing Hell's Rebels, while the tabletop group is having a grand old time in Skyrim - er, I mean Reign of Winter. They're about to hit the Winter Portal in fact.

It's fun having a group with players who actually dare think rather than rest on their laurels and say "I don't want to dominate the group" and then have "scheduling issues" until I cancel the game.

With me, it's probably a safe enough neighborhood (even with the occasional rowdy firing off an entire clip of their pistol into the night) and hey, going to the store with a backpack encourages me to buy less while getting in exercise. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

If you ever want to find Tangent101, just follow my campaign journals.

Man's a serious stalker, he is...


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:

If you ever want to find Tangent101, just follow my campaign journals.

Man's a serious stalker, he is...

Girl, actually. I realized I'm transgender a year ago and have started transitioning.

And I figured that if I stalked you long enough Cap would show up. Besides, you have a fun campaign journal :)


Was talking on the phone with Miss British and she asked me about what I was thinking about, I said the current situation plus wondering just how many men out there are being physically abused by women and they are just helplessly trapped because its so hard to even speak up or be taken seriously, and also while women can some times get away with violence men usually can't so how many violent men are in prison when really they just survived something horrible and need help instead of punishment.

She was like "Just brooding again, huh?"

I asked her what she was thinking about and she was like;

Spoiled for adults:
"Your tiny dick inside me."

-Two minutes and thirty seconds later-

I asked her what else she was thinking about and she was like: "Hello kitty doesn't look like a kitty to me."

I was like "Well what does it look like to you?"

She said; "I..I don't know...my God, WHAT THE F*+@ IS HELLO KITTY?! You need to help me figure this out right now!"

I love you Miss British, you lighten my spirit.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tangent101 wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

If you ever want to find Tangent101, just follow my campaign journals.

Man's a serious stalker, he is...

Girl, actually. I realized I'm transgender a year ago and have started transitioning.

And I figured that if I stalked you long enough Cap would show up. Besides, you have a fun campaign journal :)

Cool, another trans person! and also another fan of Captain Yesterday!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

On a different note, I annoyed the rest of the members of my Formula De league by winning not only the last race of the season tonight, but also the league championship. This annoyed them because the driver that won is a dumbass. In fact, before many of his rolls, I say "F+@@ it. Herta's a dumbass" and take huge chances. And all to often, they pay off. Like rolling in 5th gear instead of the safer 4th gear, and getting the one number on the die that would be perfect. For some reason luck annoys people.


gran rey de los mono wrote:
On a different note, I annoyed the rest of the members of my Formula De league by winning not only the last race of the season tonight, but also the league championship. This annoyed them because the driver that won is a dumbass. In fact, before many of his rolls, I say "F!$* it. Herta's a dumbass" and take huge chances. And all to often, they pay off. Like rolling in 5th gear instead of the safer 4th gear, and getting the one number on the die that would be perfect. For some reason luck annoys people.

That's because you are a winner, people conversely love it when I GM cause my monsters always roll super crap on saving throws.

Edit: Legendary Resistance in 5th ed is a god send for my bosses.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's not often I get called a winner.

And it is kind of funny how Herta seems to always roll really well, while my other driver (who I run more in line with how the others run) tends to roll very poorly. Although in this race he did manage to claw his way up to 5th place from starting in 10th (out of 10).


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Earlier today I saw my wife walking around in nothing but her sexiest lingerie. That can mean only one thing: it's laundry day.

Scarab Sages

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

Had a great fight against an illusion wielding green dragon in Kingmaker yesteday evening.
Scraped by by the seat of our pants! But we were victorious!

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Morning FaWtLanteans! Hope everyone is doing good today, and has a great day ahead. :)


Tangent101 wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

If you ever want to find Tangent101, just follow my campaign journals.

Man's a serious stalker, he is...

Girl, actually. I realized I'm transgender a year ago and have started transitioning.

And I figured that if I stalked you long enough Cap would show up. Besides, you have a fun campaign journal :)

Don't you mean woman, unless you also found a time machine...

Either way, it's good to see you back and congratulations!


Tangent101 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Tangent101 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

Sadly, I don't get rest for awhile, we're almost out of coffee and I didn't have enough time to pick up the car today.

I have a work truck (I'm what's called "essential", a weird feeling) for getting to and from work but I'd rather not chance it breaking down at the grocery store, so it's another 3 mile round trip walk for me today

Good luck to you, Cap. My van's fuel pump died so I feel for you and having to walk to the grocery store. You stay safe.

You're alive!?!?!??!

Good for you!

Good to see you around again!

Thankfully, it's a safe neighborhood. :-)

Yeah, I'm kicking around the Reign of Winter and Hell's Rebels (and Campaign Journal) forums still. I finally got a tabletop group running again with the help of my flatmate (who moved in last year). The Skype group (now on Discord) is doing Hell's Rebels, while the tabletop group is having a grand old time in Skyrim - er, I mean Reign of Winter. They're about to hit the Winter Portal in fact.

It's fun having a group with players who actually dare think rather than rest on their laurels and say "I don't want to dominate the group" and then have "scheduling issues" until I cancel the game.

With me, it's probably a safe enough neighborhood (even with the occasional rowdy firing off an entire clip of their pistol into the night) and hey, going to the store with a backpack encourages me to buy less while getting in exercise. :)

...whut.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Yuugasa wrote:

Was talking on the phone with Miss British and she asked me about what I was thinking about, I said the current situation plus wondering just how many men out there are being physically abused by women and they are just helplessly trapped because its so hard to even speak up or be taken seriously, and also while women can some times get away with violence men usually can't so how many violent men are in prison when really they just survived something horrible and need help instead of punishment.

She was like "Just brooding again, huh?"

I asked her what she was thinking about and she was like; ** spoiler omitted **

-Two minutes and thirty seconds later-

I asked her what else she was thinking about and she was like: "Hello kitty doesn't look like a kitty to me."

I was like "Well what does it look like to you?"

She said; "I..I don't know...my God, WHAT THE F&!# IS HELLO KITTY?! You need to help me figure this out right now!"

I love you Miss British, you lighten my spirit.

Hello Kitty is actually a girl, not a cat. Her name is Kitty White.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
Tangent101 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Tangent101 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

Sadly, I don't get rest for awhile, we're almost out of coffee and I didn't have enough time to pick up the car today.

I have a work truck (I'm what's called "essential", a weird feeling) for getting to and from work but I'd rather not chance it breaking down at the grocery store, so it's another 3 mile round trip walk for me today

Good luck to you, Cap. My van's fuel pump died so I feel for you and having to walk to the grocery store. You stay safe.

You're alive!?!?!??!

Good for you!

Good to see you around again!

Thankfully, it's a safe neighborhood. :-)

Yeah, I'm kicking around the Reign of Winter and Hell's Rebels (and Campaign Journal) forums still. I finally got a tabletop group running again with the help of my flatmate (who moved in last year). The Skype group (now on Discord) is doing Hell's Rebels, while the tabletop group is having a grand old time in Skyrim - er, I mean Reign of Winter. They're about to hit the Winter Portal in fact.

It's fun having a group with players who actually dare think rather than rest on their laurels and say "I don't want to dominate the group" and then have "scheduling issues" until I cancel the game.

With me, it's probably a safe enough neighborhood (even with the occasional rowdy firing off an entire clip of their pistol into the night) and hey, going to the store with a backpack encourages me to buy less while getting in exercise. :)

...whut.

She said she likes getting exercise.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I get to repair a wall we built that was damaged in a flood with an experimental anchoring system.

Which is why I love my job.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Tangent101 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Tangent101 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

Sadly, I don't get rest for awhile, we're almost out of coffee and I didn't have enough time to pick up the car today.

I have a work truck (I'm what's called "essential", a weird feeling) for getting to and from work but I'd rather not chance it breaking down at the grocery store, so it's another 3 mile round trip walk for me today

Good luck to you, Cap. My van's fuel pump died so I feel for you and having to walk to the grocery store. You stay safe.

You're alive!?!?!??!

Good for you!

Good to see you around again!

Thankfully, it's a safe neighborhood. :-)

Yeah, I'm kicking around the Reign of Winter and Hell's Rebels (and Campaign Journal) forums still. I finally got a tabletop group running again with the help of my flatmate (who moved in last year). The Skype group (now on Discord) is doing Hell's Rebels, while the tabletop group is having a grand old time in Skyrim - er, I mean Reign of Winter. They're about to hit the Winter Portal in fact.

It's fun having a group with players who actually dare think rather than rest on their laurels and say "I don't want to dominate the group" and then have "scheduling issues" until I cancel the game.

With me, it's probably a safe enough neighborhood (even with the occasional rowdy firing off an entire clip of their pistol into the night) and hey, going to the store with a backpack encourages me to buy less while getting in exercise. :)

...whut.
She said she likes getting exercise.

I mean, I might be a gamer geek girl, but I don't have to be stereotypical. ^^ (Okay, to be honest these days I have no idea what a stereotypical geek girl would look like. Not me though, I'm more your middle-aged woman type.)


6 people marked this as a favorite.

I know I've expressed it before, but the sheer level of frustration I have towards the whole, "We cannot say anything for fear of being sued," movement is getting close to boiling.

We got an email from the school administration yesterday that said things like, "...update on a situation that took place on campus today involving the questioning of a student regarding reports of concerning comments," which is a great way of telling us nothing.

So fortunately, being in a tight-knit group of chaperones, I got more information:
(1) A student at MY KIDS' HIGH SCHOOL posted, "I hate everyone... everyone's going to feel my pain now..." to Snapchat
(2) Rumor has it that he had a kill list and a weapon (most likely a knife), but that is currently unsubstantiated
(3) He was in custody as of yesterday, but no information as to whether he's been released back to his parents' recognizance, and every student agrees that his parents are the reason he's so miserable, so the likelihood of them doing anything decent is low

And you immediately come to the question: "Do I trust the authorities to have this under control, or do I pull my kids out of school and have them take the G.E.D. instead?"

Never thought it would be a serious question I'd be considering in Albany.

But we have a teacher on our side, and she's trying to get us as much information as she can before we send our kids in.

For the rest of the parents, a simple, "Here is all the information we have at this time," would be a heck of a lot better than, "We're not going to say anything for fear of being sued, so the rumor mills can run amok and set off a widespread panic. That'll be MUCH better!"


9 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Boss (to boss for a different company): I'll give you my best guy to grade that out

Boss for a different company (after seeing Captain Yesterday): Him?

Boss: You should see what he can do to a bear!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Boss (to boss for a different company): I'll give you my best guy to grade that out

Boss for a different company (after seeing Captain Yesterday): Him?

Boss: You should see what he can do to a bear!

I really want more skid loader footage of you.


Freehold DM wrote:
Yuugasa wrote:

Was talking on the phone with Miss British and she asked me about what I was thinking about, I said the current situation plus wondering just how many men out there are being physically abused by women and they are just helplessly trapped because its so hard to even speak up or be taken seriously, and also while women can some times get away with violence men usually can't so how many violent men are in prison when really they just survived something horrible and need help instead of punishment.

She was like "Just brooding again, huh?"

I asked her what she was thinking about and she was like; ** spoiler omitted **

-Two minutes and thirty seconds later-

I asked her what else she was thinking about and she was like: "Hello kitty doesn't look like a kitty to me."

I was like "Well what does it look like to you?"

She said; "I..I don't know...my God, WHAT THE F&!# IS HELLO KITTY?! You need to help me figure this out right now!"

I love you Miss British, you lighten my spirit.

Hello Kitty is actually a girl, not a cat. Her name is Kitty White.

Google has already saved her but thanks for dropping the answer on me.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

I know I've expressed it before, but the sheer level of frustration I have towards the whole, "We cannot say anything for fear of being sued," movement is getting close to boiling.

We got an email from the school administration yesterday that said things like, "...update on a situation that took place on campus today involving the questioning of a student regarding reports of concerning comments," which is a great way of telling us nothing.

So fortunately, being in a tight-knit group of chaperones, I got more information:
(1) A student at MY KIDS' HIGH SCHOOL posted, "I hate everyone... everyone's going to feel my pain now..." to Snapchat
(2) Rumor has it that he had a kill list and a weapon (most likely a knife), but that is currently unsubstantiated
(3) He was in custody as of yesterday, but no information as to whether he's been released back to his parents' recognizance, and every student agrees that his parents are the reason he's so miserable, so the likelihood of them doing anything decent is low

And you immediately come to the question: "Do I trust the authorities to have this under control, or do I pull my kids out of school and have them take the G.E.D. instead?"

Never thought it would be a serious question I'd be considering in Albany.

But we have a teacher on our side, and she's trying to get us as much information as she can before we send our kids in.

For the rest of the parents, a simple, "Here is all the information we have at this time," would be a heck of a lot better than, "We're not going to say anything for fear of being sued, so the rumor mills can run amok and set off a widespread panic. That'll be MUCH better!"

I'm sorry Nobodyshome, that is messed up. A classic case of "I'm going to tell you there might be a threat, but I'm not going tell you what exactly it is, now let your imagination and worst fears run wild please."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Also sorry for the sexual reference folks, I had decided to edit it out but my internet crapped out and by the time it was back up it was too late.


Rain. Sleepy. Back and shoulders strained.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

So still no official update from the school, but the internal chaperone network (with contacts to the police chief and school administration) determined that the student is off-campus and being monitored.

Would it be THAT HARD to say that? And how does that impact student privacy?!?!?!?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Yuugasa wrote:
Also sorry for the sexual reference folks, I had decided to edit it out but my internet crapped out and by the time it was back up it was too late.

But, without it the whole Hello Kitty discussion wouldn't have made any sense!


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:

Boss (to boss for a different company): I'll give you my best guy to grade that out

Boss for a different company (after seeing Captain Yesterday): Him?

Boss: You should see what he can do to a bear!

After I finished the guy came over, impressed, saying "Okay, now I definitely gotta see that bear!".


captain yesterday wrote:
Yuugasa wrote:
Also sorry for the sexual reference folks, I had decided to edit it out but my internet crapped out and by the time it was back up it was too late.
But, without it the whole Hello Kitty discussion wouldn't have made any sense!

I know right? Context(?) Also it still fell under my qualifier for sexual references or stories, in that they have to be embarrassing or tales of failure to be funny, otherwise with tales of prowess or success you're just bragging.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

They say it's not the size of the ship it's the motion of the ocean, but I fully admit I'm a canoe on a becalmed sea.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hi, everyone!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Yuugasa wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Yuugasa wrote:
Also sorry for the sexual reference folks, I had decided to edit it out but my internet crapped out and by the time it was back up it was too late.
But, without it the whole Hello Kitty discussion wouldn't have made any sense!
I know right? Context(?) Also it still fell under my qualifier for sexual references or stories, in that they have to be embarrassing or tales of failure to be funny, otherwise with tales of prowess or success you're just bragging.

Oh hey then, you obviously didn't hear about Ethel and the fish fry, huh? You betcha, that was something else, yah!


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Well, a rather depressing-but-relieving-but-even-more-depressing update:

IF student reports are true, it's sounding more and more like an attempted suicide-by-cop. The kid sent the threatening SnapChat (we at least have confirmation on that), then went to school openly carrying a gun (direct report from a usually-reliable student), but it was a BB gun (rumor heard by a student) and he didn't threaten anyone with it.

Fortunately for him, Albany cops just don't shoot people. So he's "being evaluated".

What makes this incident truly tragic is that the state of California won't pay for his mental care, since he didn't actually hurt anyone, and from what multiple students have said about his home life, his parents won't, either.

What did someone say about U.S. mental health care just a few pages ago?

It's coming home to roost in our neighborhood today...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

I know I've expressed it before, but the sheer level of frustration I have towards the whole, "We cannot say anything for fear of being sued," movement is getting close to boiling.

We got an email from the school administration yesterday that said things like, "...update on a situation that took place on campus today involving the questioning of a student regarding reports of concerning comments," which is a great way of telling us nothing.

So fortunately, being in a tight-knit group of chaperones, I got more information:
(1) A student at MY KIDS' HIGH SCHOOL posted, "I hate everyone... everyone's going to feel my pain now..." to Snapchat
(2) Rumor has it that he had a kill list and a weapon (most likely a knife), but that is currently unsubstantiated
(3) He was in custody as of yesterday, but no information as to whether he's been released back to his parents' recognizance, and every student agrees that his parents are the reason he's so miserable, so the likelihood of them doing anything decent is low

And you immediately come to the question: "Do I trust the authorities to have this under control, or do I pull my kids out of school and have them take the G.E.D. instead?"

Never thought it would be a serious question I'd be considering in Albany.

But we have a teacher on our side, and she's trying to get us as much information as she can before we send our kids in.

For the rest of the parents, a simple, "Here is all the information we have at this time," would be a heck of a lot better than, "We're not going to say anything for fear of being sued, so the rumor mills can run amok and set off a widespread panic. That'll be MUCH better!"

I want to agree with you, but I am literally in a webinar covering many of the same topics you are discussing here(for children in mental health programs, not schools). At least in NY, releasing information at one point in time sounds like it's great for parents, but the INSTANT something changes, a parent can easily sue, saying they were not given up to date infomation. It's an ugly situation for everyone involved.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Well, a rather depressing-but-relieving-but-even-more-depressing update:

IF student reports are true, it's sounding more and more like an attempted suicide-by-cop. The kid sent the threatening SnapChat (we at least have confirmation on that), then went to school openly carrying a gun (direct report from a usually-reliable student), but it was a BB gun (rumor heard by a student) and he didn't threaten anyone with it.

Fortunately for him, Albany cops just don't shoot people. So he's "being evaluated".

What makes this incident truly tragic is that the state of California won't pay for his mental care, since he didn't actually hurt anyone, and from what multiple students have said about his home life, his parents won't, either.

What did someone say about U.S. mental health care just a few pages ago?

It's coming home to roost in our neighborhood today...

WTF? They won't pay for mental health care unless he actually hurts someone? Good to see our school shooting preventive action is such a high priority.

Sorry kid, you didn't even blow off someone's toe, no help for you.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
I want to agree with you, but I am literally in a webinar covering many of the same topics you are discussing here(for children in mental health programs, not schools). At least in NY, releasing information at one point in time sounds like it's great for parents, but the INSTANT something changes, a parent can easily sue, saying they were not given up to date infomation. It's an ugly situation for everyone involved.

And therein lies my issue: Any person suing over receiving preliminary information that includes the necessary caveats ("This is what we know at the moment, it may change at any time") should have the suit summarily dismissed and be charged all the court costs and lawyer fees.

"I got information that I was warned was preliminary and that was later proven wrong," is a heck of a lot better than, "There was an incident at the school, we're dealing with it," and then finding out through the grapevine that your child's life could have been in danger.

It's just like being at the ER: "That's a pretty nasty cut. Assuming everything's clean underneath, that's about 3 or 4 stitches?"
"I'm sorry, sir. I cannot recommend treatment at this time, nor comment in any way, shape, or form."
"Graaaaaaargh!"


NobodysHome wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
I want to agree with you, but I am literally in a webinar covering many of the same topics you are discussing here(for children in mental health programs, not schools). At least in NY, releasing information at one point in time sounds like it's great for parents, but the INSTANT something changes, a parent can easily sue, saying they were not given up to date infomation. It's an ugly situation for everyone involved.

And therein lies my issue: Any person suing over receiving preliminary information that includes the necessary caveats ("This is what we know at the moment, it may change at any time") should have the suit summarily dismissed and be charged all the court costs and lawyer fees.

"I got information that I was warned was preliminary and that was later proven wrong," is a heck of a lot better than, "There was an incident at the school, we're dealing with it," and then finding out through the grapevine that your child's life could have been in danger.

It's just like being at the ER: "That's a pretty nasty cut. Assuming everything's clean underneath, that's about 3 or 4 stitches?"
"I'm sorry, sir. I cannot recommend treatment at this time, nor comment in any way, shape, or form."
"Graaaaaaargh!"

I want to agree with you man. But I think we both know that isnt going to happen. Especially when younget into situations where there are two parents and one was given information the other was not...lawsuit time.

225,551 to 225,600 of 234,285 << first < prev | 4507 | 4508 | 4509 | 4510 | 4511 | 4512 | 4513 | 4514 | 4515 | 4516 | 4517 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.