Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

223,801 to 223,850 of 238,677 << first < prev | 4472 | 4473 | 4474 | 4475 | 4476 | 4477 | 4478 | 4479 | 4480 | 4481 | 4482 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Vidmaster7 wrote:

I feel like they are both too dated to really still be talking about that much.

Maybe they should be introduced to new stuff or would that just make it worse?

Again, you obviously haven't met enough Firefly fans.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

My brothers and their wives have moved on to Game of Thrones, but you can still trap them in a Firefly or Buffy debate.


I like my jack of all trades approach to media. I've seen everything but I don't get obsessed with very much. Also I can rarely watch something more then once without getting bored unless its super good.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

(I'm also being peevish because (a) I'm a Firefly fan who hates being lumped in with "all Firefly fans are crybaby a$#+#!$%s" (which is a completely valid point) and (b) I hate to admit my fandom on FaWtL, because I don't want Freehold to be disappointed in me.)

I could never be disappointed in you. You just have to deal with my constant b!@@+ing and conspiracy theories regarding the show's creator. I am also upset that I had stop all Christina Hendricks related fantasies due to the show.

applies more tin foil


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
... I liked Buffy... There I said it!

I am so disappointed in you.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
My brothers and their wives have moved on to Game of Thrones, but you can still trap them in a Firefly or Buffy debate.

if they are TV series fans that haven't read the books, I think I get like a +12 to attack and damage when fighting them now.


Vidmaster7 wrote:
Its been 16 years people its time to let it go!

that's what I keep saying but so many people still love the Whedon stuff...


lisamarlene wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
... I liked Buffy... There I said it!

"But Hohos are a vital part of my cognitive process!"

(I liked it, too.)
(Also, you should hear GothBard sing the opening number from "Once More with Feeling".
GothBard is awesome.
And, s!@#, I think it was her birthday yesterday and I forgot.

Gothbard....not you too...

sends more forever knight on blu ray


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
My brothers and their wives have moved on to Game of Thrones, but you can still trap them in a Firefly or Buffy debate.
if they are TV series fans that haven't read the books, I think I get like a +12 to attack and damage when fighting them now.

Oh no, they've read the books.


Freehold DM wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

(I'm also being peevish because (a) I'm a Firefly fan who hates being lumped in with "all Firefly fans are crybaby a$#+#!$%s" (which is a completely valid point) and (b) I hate to admit my fandom on FaWtL, because I don't want Freehold to be disappointed in me.)

I could never be disappointed in you. You just have to deal with my constant b~&@%ing and conspiracy theories regarding the show's creator. I am also upset that I had stop all Christina Hendricks related fantasies due to the show.

applies more tin foil

I'm assuming you saw her lingerie shoot for... can't remember the magazine. Maxim?

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Trying wedding gowns session: Yes I managed to fit in.

Gown No 1

Gown No 2

Gown No 3

Gown No 4

You know, I think I look good in red. Though my BFs friend was suggesting that I also check out other bridal gown shops since she has limited variety (just those 4).

Sorry about the mussed up fur but it was all that getting in and out of stuff.

The Exchange

Also I went with my family to Jewel just to see this. The place was squishy as heck, though. Too many people.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
The older you get, the more depressing it becomes to see a pizza delivery guy older than you.

I actually enjoy meeting a lot of the (almost exclusively male) older people who've decided that they're bored and taken up driving Ubers, working in hardware stores, or whatnot. They tell the best stories!

(I believe I mentioned it here a while back, but the retired engineer working at the hardware store because his doctor told him to meet more people is amazing. And the 70-something Uber driver was a hoot.)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I plan on spending my retirement driving a cab in London.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
... I liked Buffy... There I said it!

"But Hohos are a vital part of my cognitive process!"

(I liked it, too.)
(Also, you should hear GothBard sing the opening number from "Once More with Feeling".
GothBard is awesome.
And, s*#!, I think it was her birthday yesterday and I forgot.

She broke up with her birthday a year or two ago.

It was bad enough when it was just Hitler's birthday.
Then Columbine happened and it got depressing.
Then the 4/20ers descended on the Bay Area like a plague of the vilest scum you've ever seen and she just decided, "No more! That's not my birthday any more!"

So, suiting her tastes, her birthday is now on the 13th, as is right and proper.

And, since I have a moment to tirade, hoo, boy, the 4/20ers. We have a massive homeless problem in the Bay Area. Yet the 4/20ers cause more damage, litter, and human waste on the streets in a single day than the homeless population does in an entire year. Traffic comes to a standstill. Yesterday we were going to Sobo and I forgot it was 4/20, so (and only lisamarlene will truly appreciate how bad this is) it took me half an hour to get from the house to the freeway onramp, realize my mistake, get off, and get back up to Gilman and Santa Fe to take Sacramento.

I hate 4/20ers with a passion rarely seen for any other group of people, except <politics and religion excised>.


lisamarlene wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

(I'm also being peevish because (a) I'm a Firefly fan who hates being lumped in with "all Firefly fans are crybaby a$#+#!$%s" (which is a completely valid point) and (b) I hate to admit my fandom on FaWtL, because I don't want Freehold to be disappointed in me.)

I could never be disappointed in you. You just have to deal with my constant b~&@%ing and conspiracy theories regarding the show's creator. I am also upset that I had stop all Christina Hendricks related fantasies due to the show.

applies more tin foil

I'm assuming you saw her lingerie shoot for... can't remember the magazine. Maxim?

I did. I have scoured those images from my memory.


Just a Mort wrote:

Trying wedding gowns session: Yes I managed to fit in.

Gown No 1

Gown No 2

Gown No 3

Gown No 4

You know, I think I look good in red. Though my BFs friend was suggesting that I also check out other bridal gown shops since she has limited variety (just those 4).

Sorry about the mussed up fur but it was all that getting in and out of stuff.

its number 4 for me.


captain yesterday wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
My brothers and their wives have moved on to Game of Thrones, but you can still trap them in a Firefly or Buffy debate.
if they are TV series fans that haven't read the books, I think I get like a +12 to attack and damage when fighting them now.
Oh no, they've read the books.

so it's a normal +8.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
... I liked Buffy... There I said it!

"But Hohos are a vital part of my cognitive process!"

(I liked it, too.)
(Also, you should hear GothBard sing the opening number from "Once More with Feeling".
GothBard is awesome.
And, s*#!, I think it was her birthday yesterday and I forgot.

She broke up with her birthday a year or two ago.

It was bad enough when it was just Hitler's birthday.
Then Columbine happened and it got depressing.
Then the 4/20ers descended on the Bay Area like a plague of the vilest scum you've ever seen and she just decided, "No more! That's not my birthday any more!"

So, suiting her tastes, her birthday is now on the 13th, as is right and proper.

And, since I have a moment to tirade, hoo, boy, the 4/20ers. We have a massive homeless problem in the Bay Area. Yet the 4/20ers cause more damage, litter, and human waste on the streets in a single day than the homeless population does in an entire year. Traffic comes to a standstill. Yesterday we were going to Sobo and I forgot it was 4/20, so (and only lisamarlene will truly appreciate how bad this is) it took me half an hour to get from the house to the freeway onramp, realize my mistake, get off, and get back up to Gilman and Santa Fe to take Sacramento.

I hate 4/20ers with a passion rarely seen for any other group of people, except <politics and religion excised>.

I always want weed legalized until 4/20 comes along and reminds me why that's not a good idea.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

Trying wedding gowns session: Yes I managed to fit in.

Gown No 1

Gown No 2

Gown No 3

Gown No 4

You know, I think I look good in red. Though my BFs friend was suggesting that I also check out other bridal gown shops since she has limited variety (just those 4).

Sorry about the mussed up fur but it was all that getting in and out of stuff.

I personally prefer 1, but I can see Freehold's point; #4 is quite nice as well.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
I always want weed legalized until 4/20 comes along and reminds me why that's not a good idea.

It's legalized in California, but that doesn't stop some hilarious interactions.

I was walking home from a chaperone dinner on Friday night and a well-dressed young (late teens/early 20s) man came walking the other way. From out of the blue in an exceedingly polite way, he said, "Good evening, sir and madams, and how are you doing this fine evening?"

I managed not to laugh at him for such a weird and awkward greeting, then he opened his car trunk and we were hit with a veritable wave of smoke. I realized, "Aaaah... THAT'S why he's being so weird!"

Then his friend came along and they were both acting terrified that we were going to turn them in.

And it's like, "Er, it's legal in this state, you're minding your own business, and you're being ridiculously polite to anyone who comes along. I just don't see that you're going to have a problem here."

Spoilered for Racism:
I think it might also have been that they were African American. As I've noted before, even though the community has become pretty well integrated (on my block alone I think I can name at least half a dozen races, and it's only about 20 houses), I hear horror stories from Hispanics and African Americans about the Albany cops still practicing the "driving while xxx" B.S. that should never have existed.
So maybe they were out-of-towners who expected the worst from a middle-aged white man traveling with two Asian women, or maybe they'd just had bad experiences with Albany cops. I just found them charming because unlike MOST 4/20ers they were trying to be polite and subtle and clean up after themselves, and hey, if you're going to take that trouble, you're welcome to toke up in my park. Go nuts!

The Exchange

lisamarlene wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:

"It's a non-consensual manicure/pedicure."

[orc voice]"Trust me. Purple look good on your toes."[/orc voice]
"No NO NO!!!! I'm a winter!!"

Purple *is* a winter color.

It's allegedly much more complex, but basically, it all boils down to:

Spring: muted colors, warm (yellow) undertones.
Summer: muted colors, cool (blue) undertones.
Fall: vibrant colors, warm (yellow) undertones.
Winter: vibrant colors, cool (blue) undertones.

I think I can carry off winter but not all blues...too blue and I look sort of faded. I do look good in black, though =)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
My brothers and their wives have moved on to Game of Thrones, but you can still trap them in a Firefly or Buffy debate.
if they are TV series fans that haven't read the books, I think I get like a +12 to attack and damage when fighting them now.
Oh no, they've read the books.
so it's a normal +8.

+4 because they're so damn out of shape.

I'm one of two out of eight that isn't obese, and the other one isn't in half the shape I am, despite being a black belt instructor.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

The 4/20 crowd here is entirely contained downtown, and isn't as obnoxious as the west coast, so we're cool.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Woran wrote:
Family weekends. Old traditions. Like doing weird dances to the music on the radio while doing the dishes with my dad.

My aunts nearly ruined the Beatles by singing and dancing to it while doing the dishes before opening presents on Christmas Eve.

I understand they were gifts, but it really felt like we earned those action figures.

I truly hate the Beatles due to everyone in high school thinking themselves [insert the name of your favorite Beatle here!] reborn, and INSISTED they had the exact same musical talent which MUST be shared with the world.
That's not a sin of the Beatles.

As if that has ever stopped him....


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:

My daughter was streaming a Disney movie this evening, when the playback stopped and it started buffering. She came to me and said something was wrong. When I asked what, she said "The movie is frozen." I went to check on it, and said "No, sweetie. This movie is Moana."

She was not amused.

yOu DoN't HaVe A DaUgThEr.
How dare you! My wife shall be most unhappy to hear you say this!
yOuR nOt MeRIraD!!

*You're

*married
Npoe Siad iT Eacxlty hOw i WNaetd it.
Oh. In that case: }┐Kr◘å║┼╬ ╝^◄ªƒ•

M¥ p€¤PГ£!


captain yesterday wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
My brothers and their wives have moved on to Game of Thrones, but you can still trap them in a Firefly or Buffy debate.
if they are TV series fans that haven't read the books, I think I get like a +12 to attack and damage when fighting them now.
Oh no, they've read the books.
so it's a normal +8.

+4 because they're so damn out of shape.

I'm one of two out of eight that isn't obese, and the other one isn't in half the shape I am, despite being a black belt instructor.

comparing someone's shape to yours of all people is unfair. You are a beast.


gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
An observation wrote:
gran rey de los everything wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
These really seem more like observations then jokes.
Your an observation!

Nu uh.

(and its "You're".)

*it's
*bits
*butts
*Buttes
*bulettes
*bullettestorm (That's a bad day or maybe a bad movie?)

*Bowsette

or possibly
*yeet

Hey! Leave me out of this!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

Trying wedding gowns session: Yes I managed to fit in.

Gown No 1

Gown No 2

Gown No 3

Gown No 4

You know, I think I look good in red. Though my BFs friend was suggesting that I also check out other bridal gown shops since she has limited variety (just those 4).

Sorry about the mussed up fur but it was all that getting in and out of stuff.

1 or 4. 4 is fantastic.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
I'm *supposed* to be cooking and cleaning like mad for the next three hours so we can get the house completely ready for Grandma to come over for Easter dinner, before we leave for church. I'm having a hard time getting started. I'm looking forward to when my kids are old enough to help.

I really like Firefly, and I'm even responsible for creating a Fan of it.

Honestly I don't know where Freehold and Cap meet these hordes of obnoxious fans. Of, like, anything. I can't help thinking of Ron White's bit about the woman who shouted "They're all bad f&%!s!" at a military base -- maybe you're the common denominator in this equation of love hate.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

Trying wedding gowns session: Yes I managed to fit in.

Gown No 1

Gown No 2

Gown No 3

Gown No 4

You know, I think I look good in red. Though my BFs friend was suggesting that I also check out other bridal gown shops since she has limited variety (just those 4).

Sorry about the mussed up fur but it was all that getting in and out of stuff.

I like 3, 2, and 1, in that order.

I think that 4 is too busy.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

The times, they are a changin'.

Remember back when you used to play in your parents' house with a group of wannabe neckbeards who just couldn't quite yet grow enough facial hair for it to count, each of whom brought their own 2-liter bottle of soda to the game? Or maybe 2? (My recently-deceased friend was infamous for going through between half a case and a case of Diet Coke at every 6-hour session.)

Last night, one of Impus Major's friends came over and said, "Aw, heck with it! I'm going nuts today! I'm going to drink a third can of soda!"

And his peers were honestly concerned for his health, and recommended that he not do it.

Math:
1 can of soda ≈ 350 ml, and 3 cans ≈ 1.06 L ≈ 53% of what MY friends would have considered a "perfectly normal daily intake of soda".

Negative messaging and peer reinforcement can work!

At least a heck of a lot better than the idiotic, "It's bad for you! Abstain!" programs that never do anything beyond encouraging rebellious teens to partake.


Just a Mort wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:

"It's a non-consensual manicure/pedicure."

[orc voice]"Trust me. Purple look good on your toes."[/orc voice]
"No NO NO!!!! I'm a winter!!"

Purple *is* a winter color.

It's allegedly much more complex, but basically, it all boils down to:

Spring: muted colors, warm (yellow) undertones.
Summer: muted colors, cool (blue) undertones.
Fall: vibrant colors, warm (yellow) undertones.
Winter: vibrant colors, cool (blue) undertones.

I think I can carry off winter but not all blues...too blue and I look sort of faded. I do look good in black, though =)

Everyone looks good in black.

Damn, now I have "Bones of love" in my mind.


Wait... It's sixteen years old?!

Uh...

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

Nothing like family weeknds to catch new and interesting bugs. My nose has started running and I can feel the tightness in my throat.
Joy.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

We have my dad over for ham and such, that's the extent of familying for us this weekend.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Mort: 1 or 3 to me.

I think that means the red is leading the way.


The King Eternal In Green


Bowsette wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
An observation wrote:
gran rey de los everything wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
These really seem more like observations then jokes.
Your an observation!

Nu uh.

(and its "You're".)

*it's
*bits
*butts
*Buttes
*bulettes
*bullettestorm (That's a bad day or maybe a bad movie?)

*Bowsette

or possibly
*yeet
Hey! Leave me out of this!

I love you. Marry me. Forget this Mario fellow.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
I'm *supposed* to be cooking and cleaning like mad for the next three hours so we can get the house completely ready for Grandma to come over for Easter dinner, before we leave for church. I'm having a hard time getting started. I'm looking forward to when my kids are old enough to help.

I really like Firefly, and I'm even responsible for creating a Fan of it.

Honestly I don't know where Freehold and Cap meet these hordes of obnoxious fans. Of, like, anything. I can't help thinking of Ron White's bit about the woman who shouted "They're all bad f!#@s!" at a military base -- maybe you're the common denominator in this equation of love hate.

you dont go to conventions...


NobodysHome wrote:

The times, they are a changin'.

Remember back when you used to play in your parents' house with a group of wannabe neckbeards who just couldn't quite yet grow enough facial hair for it to count, each of whom brought their own 2-liter bottle of soda to the game? Or maybe 2? (My recently-deceased friend was infamous for going through between half a case and a case of Diet Coke at every 6-hour session.)

Last night, one of Impus Major's friends came over and said, "Aw, heck with it! I'm going nuts today! I'm going to drink a third can of soda!"

And his peers were honestly concerned for his health, and recommended that he not do it.

** spoiler omitted **

Negative messaging and peer reinforcement can work!

At least a heck of a lot better than the idiotic, "It's bad for you! Abstain!" programs that never do anything beyond encouraging rebellious teens to partake.

you're in cali. I'm surprised they aren't eating granola pizza and drinking organic water.


Drejk wrote:
The King Eternal In Green

presses power rings to slumbering demigod, recites oath


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
I'm *supposed* to be cooking and cleaning like mad for the next three hours so we can get the house completely ready for Grandma to come over for Easter dinner, before we leave for church. I'm having a hard time getting started. I'm looking forward to when my kids are old enough to help.

I really like Firefly, and I'm even responsible for creating a Fan of it.

Honestly I don't know where Freehold and Cap meet these hordes of obnoxious fans. Of, like, anything. I can't help thinking of Ron White's bit about the woman who shouted "They're all bad f!#@s!" at a military base -- maybe you're the common denominator in this equation of love hate.

you dont go to conventions...

You haven't met my family...


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Yes!!! Freehold DM is definitely disappointed in me! -waves my Joss Whedon and Alton Brown flags right in his face-


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Oh, and I will watch the Green Lantern live action movie too!

Now what else can I do to increase his disappoint in me?


Sharoth wrote:

Oh, and I will watch the Green Lantern live action movie too!

Now what else can I do to increase his disappoint in me?

sing that movie's praises, that'll do it.


Looks for ammo bag.

God f#~#ing damn it!

Hopefully 12 bullets is enough to get through all the CGI and overacting.


Freehold DM wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

(I'm also being peevish because (a) I'm a Firefly fan who hates being lumped in with "all Firefly fans are crybaby a$#+#!$%s" (which is a completely valid point) and (b) I hate to admit my fandom on FaWtL, because I don't want Freehold to be disappointed in me.)

I could never be disappointed in you. You just have to deal with my constant b~%%%ing and conspiracy theories regarding the show's creator. I am also upset that I had stop all Christina Hendricks related fantasies due to the show.

Come on, Freehold! You're stronger than that!


Just a Mort wrote:

Trying wedding gowns session: Yes I managed to fit in.

Gown No 1

Gown No 2

Gown No 3

Gown No 4

You know, I think I look good in red. Though my BFs friend was suggesting that I also check out other bridal gown shops since she has limited variety (just those 4).

Sorry about the mussed up fur but it was all that getting in and out of stuff.

Number three looks great. That's a really nice dark blue.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

And I like the Beatles. Lots of great songs, and the records (especially around the '66-'68 period) are fascinating.

Today I ran a short adventure I'd written involving eggs for ALL (DE), her daughter, and her sister, which went off successfully, even though I kept getting Bogsnort the goblin fake wizard and Snotblast the goblin sergeant mixed up. ALL (DE)'s sister gave her cleric a very thick West African accent; she should have played him as a full-on Nigerian Prosperity Gospel preacher, really.

223,801 to 223,850 of 238,677 << first < prev | 4472 | 4473 | 4474 | 4475 | 4476 | 4477 | 4478 | 4479 | 4480 | 4481 | 4482 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.