Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

223,701 to 223,750 of 238,657 << first < prev | 4470 | 4471 | 4472 | 4473 | 4474 | 4475 | 4476 | 4477 | 4478 | 4479 | 4480 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

This next post is mostly for Drejk.

My daughter yesterday referred to the Warsaw Mermaid as the "Warlock Mermaid".

Why?! She has a sword and a shield, and, according to legend knows how to use them...

She's clearly a fighter... Well, maybe a paladin or a ranger (she swam a lot)...


And yes, she's naked too.


Vanykrye wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

So I'm going to attempt an analysis of The Tick. Note that my only exposure is Amazon's rendition. (I know there's a cartoon, and I assume there're comic books as well.) Anyway, here goes. Spoilered for wall-of-text, not for spoilers:

** spoiler omitted **...
As someone who avidly read the comics (Back off, kid. We're a hedge.), watched the cartoon AND the Warburton series, I absolutely love the new Tick on Amazon. The casting and the writing just make me so danged happy. When *I* am unable to find fault with something, well... okay, I'm probably ill. Be that as it may. TICK IS AWESOME.

A guy I knew 20+ years ago was *really* into The Tick. He was a friend of a friend, and while I liked the guy at the time, I still considered him to be rather odd.

Let me say that again, because I find it terribly important. I considered him to be rather odd.

Since then, I've found out more information from a female friend who also knew him back then, and my opinion of him got much, much worse. Stuff I didn't know at the time. If I had, my life may have turned out much differently as a potential convicted felon.

I could not get into The Tick when he tried to introduce it to me back in the mid-late 90's, and it's been kind of tainted by mental association with him ever since.

Given what I know of LM, and how her tastes and mine match fairly well in some areas of entertainment, I may be able to trick my mind into associating it differently and give it another chance.

Woooooow. Hope you can break that association and enjoy the show!

I avoided it for a long time for completely different reasons -- a super called the Tick just seems like something I can't take seriously. Well, it is a silly show, but it's like Antman which I still haven't seen. It just seems inherently...antiheroic. And not in an antihero way, like in a boring juvenile slapstick way. I only watched episode 1 on a lark, because I ran out of other things to watch and I'm stuck in front of the TV for three hours a day. But I'm so glad that I did!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:

I think the oxford comma is more of a choice then a necessity.

No response so clearly I have won.

Nonsense, you have won nothing.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

So I'm going to attempt an analysis of The Tick. Note that my only exposure is Amazon's rendition. (I know there's a cartoon, and I assume there're comic books as well.) Anyway, here goes. Spoilered for wall-of-text, not for spoilers:

** spoiler omitted **...
As someone who avidly read the comics (Back off, kid. We're a hedge.), watched the cartoon AND the Warburton series, I absolutely love the new Tick on Amazon. The casting and the writing just make me so danged happy. When *I* am unable to find fault with something, well... okay, I'm probably ill. Be that as it may. TICK IS AWESOME.
If there is anything you want to see from the series in real life let me know.

So... you're going to come to my house, dress up in a blue lycra outfit, and casually knock out walls to remodel my kitchen by beating up bad guys in it?

It must be Christmas again already!

Blue Beetle is one of my favorite superheroes. He and booster gold are EXACTLY what would happen if my best friend and I got super powers.

So why not Black Tick?

Also, I may just show up, point wildly at your TV and say "Hes not the tick, I'M the Tick!"

Also, once again that guy is named Gary. *sigh*


captain yesterday wrote:
Woran wrote:
Family weekends. Old traditions. Like doing weird dances to the music on the radio while doing the dishes with my dad.

My aunts nearly ruined the Beatles by singing and dancing to it while doing the dishes before opening presents on Christmas Eve.

I understand they were gifts, but it really felt like we earned those action figures.

I truly hate the Beatles due to everyone in high school thinking themselves [insert the name of your favorite Beatle here!] reborn, and INSISTED they had the exact same musical talent which MUST be shared with the world.


gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:

I think the oxford comma is more of a choice then a necessity.

No response so clearly I have won.

Nonsense, you have won nothing.

did you just use an oxford comma?


Freehold DM wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:

I think the oxford comma is more of a choice then a necessity.

No response so clearly I have won.

Nonsense, you have won nothing.
did you just use an oxford comma?

No, I used a cowbridge comma.


Why not a bullarch comma?


Or an aurochcauseway comma?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Woran wrote:
Family weekends. Old traditions. Like doing weird dances to the music on the radio while doing the dishes with my dad.

My aunts nearly ruined the Beatles by singing and dancing to it while doing the dishes before opening presents on Christmas Eve.

I understand they were gifts, but it really felt like we earned those action figures.

I truly hate the Beatles due to everyone in high school thinking themselves [insert the name of your favorite Beatle here!] reborn, and INSISTED they had the exact same musical talent which MUST be shared with the world.

That's not a sin of the Beatles.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I have the uncanny ability to appreciate music without associating it with the actions of the artist. Its nice.

But yeah I don't see the point in making an actor, band, writer, etc. responsible for their fans. Its not their fault people suck.


Vidmaster7 wrote:

Why not a bullarch comma?

lisamarlene wrote:
Or an aurochcauseway comma?

Because my herd consists of female bovines, aka cows. No bulls. Also, no aurochs as they are extinct.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:

Why not a bullarch comma?

lisamarlene wrote:
Or an aurochcauseway comma?
Because my herd consists of female bovines, aka cows. No bulls. Also, no aurochs as they are extinct.

How about bisonoverpass then?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I don't hate the Beatles, but I don't particularly like them either. I know they are important in terms of the evolution of popular music/culture, but I just don't really care for a lot of their songs.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:

Why not a bullarch comma?

lisamarlene wrote:
Or an aurochcauseway comma?
Because my herd consists of female bovines, aka cows. No bulls. Also, no aurochs as they are extinct.
How about bisonoverpass then?

No bison either. I will, however, use a buffaloslidingsidewalk when I move that herd this fall.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

And by the way, Bison Overpass sounds like a band name to me. Not as good as Hot Shame and the Indoor Kites, but pretty good still.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

In that case I'm trademarking that $%^&.


Vidmaster7 wrote:
In the case I'm trademarking that $%^&.

Not to cause yet more strife, but you should have written "In that case...".

Edit: Nice try, buddy.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Boss: "How good are you at PowerPoint?"
Me: "I Excel at it."
Boss: "Is that a Microsoft Office pun?"
Me: "Word."


gran rey de los mono wrote:
Not to cause yet more strife, but you should have written "In that case...".

Its called a Typo MotherF$%^#$.


Did you know that, when you die, your pupils are the last part of your body to cease functioning? It's true. They dilate.


I think we should test this.

Why thank you for volunteering gran.


Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Not to cause yet more strife, but you should have written "In that case...".
Its called a typo, motherf$%^#$.

FIFY.


Vidmaster7 wrote:

I think we should test this.

Why thank you for volunteering gran.

Who volunteered me?

Oh...You meant to say "Why, thank you for volunteering, gran."


My daughter was streaming a Disney movie this evening, when the playback stopped and it started buffering. She came to me and said something was wrong. When I asked what, she said "The movie is frozen." I went to check on it, and said "No, sweetie. This movie is Moana."

She was not amused.


WeReN't YoU tHe OnE pRoTeStInG CaPiTaLiZaTiOn EaRlIeR?


I met my wife at a costume party. I was dressed as a musical instrument. She came up to me and asked what I was supposed to be. I said "I'm a harp." She asked "Isn't your costume a little small to be a harp?" I replied "Are you calling me a lyre?"

I don't know why she married me.


Vidmaster7 wrote:
WeReN't YoU tHe OnE pRoTeStInG CaPiTaLiZaTiOn EaRlIeR?

No, never. I, gran rey de los mono, always use proper capitalization.


gran rey de los mono wrote:

My daughter was streaming a Disney movie this evening, when the playback stopped and it started buffering. She came to me and said something was wrong. When I asked what, she said "The movie is frozen." I went to check on it, and said "No, sweetie. This movie is Moana."

She was not amused.

yOu DoN't HaVe A DaUgThEr.


Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:

My daughter was streaming a Disney movie this evening, when the playback stopped and it started buffering. She came to me and said something was wrong. When I asked what, she said "The movie is frozen." I went to check on it, and said "No, sweetie. This movie is Moana."

She was not amused.

yOu DoN't HaVe A DaUgThEr.

How dare you! My wife shall be most unhappy to hear you say this!


Also, you misspelled "daughter".


gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:

My daughter was streaming a Disney movie this evening, when the playback stopped and it started buffering. She came to me and said something was wrong. When I asked what, she said "The movie is frozen." I went to check on it, and said "No, sweetie. This movie is Moana."

She was not amused.

yOu DoN't HaVe A DaUgThEr.
How dare you! My wife shall be most unhappy to hear you say this!

yOuR nOt MeRIraD!!


Unless you did mean "daugther". In which case I might not, as I am unsure what that is.


Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:

My daughter was streaming a Disney movie this evening, when the playback stopped and it started buffering. She came to me and said something was wrong. When I asked what, she said "The movie is frozen." I went to check on it, and said "No, sweetie. This movie is Moana."

She was not amused.

yOu DoN't HaVe A DaUgThEr.
How dare you! My wife shall be most unhappy to hear you say this!
yOuR nOt MeRIraD!!

*You're

*married


gran rey de los mono wrote:
Unless you did mean "daugther". In which case I might not, as I am unsure what that is.

DoN't YoU mEaN: "Unless you did mean "daugther". In which case I might not, as I am unsure what that is."


gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:

My daughter was streaming a Disney movie this evening, when the playback stopped and it started buffering. She came to me and said something was wrong. When I asked what, she said "The movie is frozen." I went to check on it, and said "No, sweetie. This movie is Moana."

She was not amused.

yOu DoN't HaVe A DaUgThEr.
How dare you! My wife shall be most unhappy to hear you say this!
yOuR nOt MeRIraD!!

*You're

*married

Npoe Siad iT Eacxlty hOw i WNaetd it.


Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Unless you did mean "daugther". In which case I might not, as I am unsure what that is.
DoN't YoU mEaN: "Unless you did mean "daugther". In which case I might not, as I am unsure what that is."

No, I do not.


gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Unless you did mean "daugther". In which case I might not, as I am unsure what that is.
DoN't YoU mEaN: "Unless you did mean "daugther". In which case I might not, as I am unsure what that is."
No, I do not.

i Tnihk yOu did.


I think its harder to read the weird capitalization then the scrambled letters strangely. Although I'm typing it so their could be bias.


Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:

My daughter was streaming a Disney movie this evening, when the playback stopped and it started buffering. She came to me and said something was wrong. When I asked what, she said "The movie is frozen." I went to check on it, and said "No, sweetie. This movie is Moana."

She was not amused.

yOu DoN't HaVe A DaUgThEr.
How dare you! My wife shall be most unhappy to hear you say this!
yOuR nOt MeRIraD!!

*You're

*married
Npoe Siad iT Eacxlty hOw i WNaetd it.

Oh. In that case: }┐Kr◘å║┼╬ ╝^◄ªƒ•


Vidmaster7 wrote:
I think its harder to read the weird capitalization then the scrambled letters strangely. Although I'm typing it so their could be bias.

If it helps, I think we can stop with the alternate capitals. I'm sure it's an annoyance to type that way.

Then again, I do like to annoy you...


gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:

My daughter was streaming a Disney movie this evening, when the playback stopped and it started buffering. She came to me and said something was wrong. When I asked what, she said "The movie is frozen." I went to check on it, and said "No, sweetie. This movie is Moana."

She was not amused.

yOu DoN't HaVe A DaUgThEr.
How dare you! My wife shall be most unhappy to hear you say this!
yOuR nOt MeRIraD!!

*You're

*married
Npoe Siad iT Eacxlty hOw i WNaetd it.
Oh. In that case: }┐Kr◘å║┼╬ ╝^◄ªƒ•

‡%I Kr-`#j9 @ ⣬9


Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:

My daughter was streaming a Disney movie this evening, when the playback stopped and it started buffering. She came to me and said something was wrong. When I asked what, she said "The movie is frozen." I went to check on it, and said "No, sweetie. This movie is Moana."

She was not amused.

yOu DoN't HaVe A DaUgThEr.
How dare you! My wife shall be most unhappy to hear you say this!
yOuR nOt MeRIraD!!

*You're

*married
Npoe Siad iT Eacxlty hOw i WNaetd it.
Oh. In that case: }┐Kr◘å║┼╬ ╝^◄ªƒ•
‡%I Kr-`#j9 @ ⣬9

*‡☺I


gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
I think its harder to read the weird capitalization then the scrambled letters strangely. Although I'm typing it so their could be bias.

If it helps, I think we can stop with the alternate capitals. I'm sure it's an annoyance to type that way.

Then again, I do like to annoy you...

Well I did make an alias just because of it so that is a fair assessment.

It's really not that hard. You just hit shift every other letter.


gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:

My daughter was streaming a Disney movie this evening, when the playback stopped and it started buffering. She came to me and said something was wrong. When I asked what, she said "The movie is frozen." I went to check on it, and said "No, sweetie. This movie is Moana."

She was not amused.

yOu DoN't HaVe A DaUgThEr.
How dare you! My wife shall be most unhappy to hear you say this!
yOuR nOt MeRIraD!!

*You're

*married
Npoe Siad iT Eacxlty hOw i WNaetd it.
Oh. In that case: }┐Kr◘å║┼╬ ╝^◄ªƒ•
‡%I Kr-`#j9 @ ⣬9
*‡☺I

Do you actually know what we are doing anymore? Because i'm not entirely sure.


Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:

My daughter was streaming a Disney movie this evening, when the playback stopped and it started buffering. She came to me and said something was wrong. When I asked what, she said "The movie is frozen." I went to check on it, and said "No, sweetie. This movie is Moana."

She was not amused.

yOu DoN't HaVe A DaUgThEr.
How dare you! My wife shall be most unhappy to hear you say this!
yOuR nOt MeRIraD!!

*You're

*married
Npoe Siad iT Eacxlty hOw i WNaetd it.
Oh. In that case: }┐Kr◘å║┼╬ ╝^◄ªƒ•
‡%I Kr-`#j9 @ ⣬9
*‡☺I
Do you actually know what we are doing anymore? Because i'm not entirely sure.

Hi, not entirely sure. I'm gran rey de los mono. What are you doing on Vidmaster7's account?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:

My daughter was streaming a Disney movie this evening, when the playback stopped and it started buffering. She came to me and said something was wrong. When I asked what, she said "The movie is frozen." I went to check on it, and said "No, sweetie. This movie is Moana."

She was not amused.

yOu DoN't HaVe A DaUgThEr.
How dare you! My wife shall be most unhappy to hear you say this!
yOuR nOt MeRIraD!!

*You're

*married
Npoe Siad iT Eacxlty hOw i WNaetd it.
Oh. In that case: }┐Kr◘å║┼╬ ╝^◄ªƒ•
‡%I Kr-`#j9 @ ⣬9
*‡☺I
Do you actually know what we are doing anymore? Because i'm not entirely sure.
Hi, not entirely sure. I'm gran rey de los mono. What are you doing on Vidmaster7's account?

Feeling cute might go abduct some cows later. IDK.


mildly annoyed Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
I think its harder to read the weird capitalization then the scrambled letters strangely. Although I'm typing it so their could be bias.

If it helps, I think we can stop with the alternate capitals. I'm sure it's an annoyance to type that way.

Then again, I do like to annoy you...

Well I did make an alias just because of it so that is a fair assessment.

It's really not that hard. You just hit shift every other letter.

Didn't say hard, said annoying. Plenty of annoying things aren't hard. Like impotency. It's annoying, but not hard.


Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:

My daughter was streaming a Disney movie this evening, when the playback stopped and it started buffering. She came to me and said something was wrong. When I asked what, she said "The movie is frozen." I went to check on it, and said "No, sweetie. This movie is Moana."

She was not amused.

yOu DoN't HaVe A DaUgThEr.
How dare you! My wife shall be most unhappy to hear you say this!
yOuR nOt MeRIraD!!

*You're

*married
Npoe Siad iT Eacxlty hOw i WNaetd it.
Oh. In that case: }┐Kr◘å║┼╬ ╝^◄ªƒ•
‡%I Kr-`#j9 @ ⣬9
*‡☺I
Do you actually know what we are doing anymore? Because i'm not entirely sure.
Hi, not entirely sure. I'm gran rey de los mono. What are you doing on Vidmaster7's account?
Feeling cute might go abduct some cows later. IDK.

Who is Feeling cute, and why might they go abduct cows later? There are only four good reasons to put that off, and I'm curious as to which one may apply in this circumstance.

223,701 to 223,750 of 238,657 << first < prev | 4470 | 4471 | 4472 | 4473 | 4474 | 4475 | 4476 | 4477 | 4478 | 4479 | 4480 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.