Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

220,501 to 220,550 of 238,679 << first < prev | 4406 | 4407 | 4408 | 4409 | 4410 | 4411 | 4412 | 4413 | 4414 | 4415 | 4416 | next > last >>

It seems like the natural progression to me.

Speaking of natural.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Oh and Gundam wing was best Gundam.

Yep.


Although, MS08th team was also pretty good.


gran rey de los mono wrote:
Although, MS08th team was also pretty good.

I don't think I ever saw that one. I'll have to look it up.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

That was an interesting conversation I heard as a family walked through the lobby.

Daughter: "Mom, what floor are we on?"
Mom: ...
Daughter: "Mom, what floor?"
Mom: ...
Daughter: "Mom! What floor?!"
Mom: "Second floor. And don't yell at me."
Daughter: "I asked twice and you didn't answer."
Mom: "You must have been mumbling. I didn't hear anything."
Dad: "She wasn't mumbling. I heard her fine from way back here. When are you going to get your ears checked?"
Mom: "About the time you pull your head out of your ass."

Then they got in the elevator, so I couldn't hear any more.


gran rey de los mono wrote:

That was an interesting conversation I heard as a family walked through the lobby.

Daughter: "Mom, what floor are we on?"
Mom: ...
Daughter: "Mom, what floor?"
Mom: ...
Daughter: "Mom! What floor?!"
Mom: "Second floor. And don't yell at me."
Daughter: "I asked twice and you didn't answer."
Mom: "You must have been mumbling. I didn't hear anything."
Dad: "She wasn't mumbling. I heard her fine from way back here. When are you going to get your ears checked?"
Mom: "About the time you pull your head out of your ass."

Then they got in the elevator, so I couldn't hear any more.

Its probably not a hearing issue She has just trained herself to ignore her daughter. I guess I could be wrong. She could need hearing aids.

Still quite a funny exchange.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Did you hear about the two mummies that farted at the same time? They had a toot in common.


Knock knock.
Who's there?
Owls.
Owls who?
They sure do.


gran rey de los mono wrote:
Did you hear about the two mummies that farted at the same time? They had a toot in common.

Wow farts mummys and a pun that joke had everything.


gran rey de los mono wrote:

Knock knock.

Who's there?
Owls.
Owls who?
They sure do.

Almost a tongue twister.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Two blondes were on vacation at Disney World, and started arguing over the pronunciation of the town's name. One insisted it was KISSimmee, while the other demanded that it was KissIMMee. Eventually they decided to go into a restaurant and ask. So they go up to the counter and one says to the cashier "Please slowly and clearly say the name of where we are." The cashier leans forward and says "Buuuuurrrrrgggggeeeeeerrrrrr Kiiiiiinnnnnnnggggg".


1 person marked this as a favorite.

What the internet really needs is an universal sarcasm font.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

"Big Pharma" sounds like the name of an overweight drug dealer.


HA reminds me of my front desk joke. (I think I have already said it but...)

When a guest comes up to me and asks what room their in I gladly respond. Why your in the lobby sir.


Just remember, with every minute that goes by, you are that much closer to your next plate of nachos.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The Morse code for "K" is "-.-". Thus it is just as passive aggressive a response in either a telegraph or a text.


gran rey de los mono wrote:
What the internet really needs is an universal sarcasm font.

RIGHT?!?!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Fallen leaves are like nature's glitter. Pretty to look at, but a pain in the ass to clean up.

Unless you are like me. My solution to both problems is a lawn mower.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:

Fallen leaves are like nature's glitter. Pretty to look at, but a pain in the ass to clean up.

Unless you are like me. My solution to both problems is a lawn mower.

I don't get people who rake their leafs into bags. That stuff just turns into fertilizer. Its good for the grass!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

These Florida people are wimps. "Its cold outside what is the temperature?" Me: uh about 54.


Yeah, when I lived in Florida I couldn't believe seeing people in thick winter coats (or what pass for those in Florida) because it was 60. Of course, my friend from the Yukon thinks we're wimps because we complain when it's 10.


As an ex-Floridian, I can indeed confirm they's a couple weak b!+#@es. I took a walk today in 50 degree windy weather and it was beautiful. First long walk I got to take my dog on in months.

I hope the weather stays nice. I need to lose weight. I'm up about 30lbs since last summer. Doc thinks it's a depakote side effect. I really wanna walk it off cause that stuff is actually helping with the whole bipolar thing.

In Florida I used to lose a lot of weight during the winter when I could go outside and walk around without wanting to murder the sun. Up here there's three tolerable seasons (and hills, and a beautiful bike path to the next town) so I feel optimistic that I can get back down to my target.

Soon we'll pull the bikes out of storage, once I can train my dog to heel properly. Don't want him yanking my bike suddenly by the leash because he sees a squirrel.

The Exchange

gran rey de los mono wrote:

That was an interesting conversation I heard as a family walked through the lobby.

Daughter: "Mom, what floor are we on?"
Mom: ...
Daughter: "Mom, what floor?"
Mom: ...
Daughter: "Mom! What floor?!"
Mom: "Second floor. And don't yell at me."
Daughter: "I asked twice and you didn't answer."
Mom: "You must have been mumbling. I didn't hear anything."
Dad: "She wasn't mumbling. I heard her fine from way back here. When are you going to get your ears checked?"
Mom: "About the time you pull your head out of your ass."

Then they got in the elevator, so I couldn't hear any more.

Reminds me of the Are we there yet clip in the mummy returns.

The Exchange

Vidmaster7 wrote:
These Florida people are wimps. "Its cold outside what is the temperature?" Me: uh about 54.

I think I'm going to hide... its c-c-cold o-outside..

The Exchange

The Vagrant Erudite wrote:

As an ex-Floridian, I can indeed confirm they's a couple weak b&%+~es. I took a walk today in 50 degree windy weather and it was beautiful. First long walk I got to take my dog on in months.

I hope the weather stays nice. I need to lose weight. I'm up about 30lbs since last summer. Doc thinks it's a depakote side effect. I really wanna walk it off cause that stuff is actually helping with the whole bipolar thing.

In Florida I used to lose a lot of weight during the winter when I could go outside and walk around without wanting to murder the sun. Up here there's three tolerable seasons (and hills, and a beautiful bike path to the next town) so I feel optimistic that I can get back down to my target.

Soon we'll pull the bikes out of storage, once I can train my dog to heel properly. Don't want him yanking my bike suddenly by the leash because he sees a squirrel.

My brother gained weight in summer in US because he ate too much ice-cream. He lost that weight during winter after he stopped eating ice-cream because it was so cold.

VE – you do NOT need to go out to burn calories(if weather is an issue, or in my case being unable to get into a gym class). Turn on youtube, get Tae Bo by Billy Blanks up, and follow along. You’ll burn calories, don’t worry. Tae Bo is a lot less jumping then body combat, and alot easier to find free, full 1 hour workout sessions of.

The Exchange

Vidmaster7 wrote:
As a note I wasn't saying their should be a prohibition on weed. I actually believe you should be allowed to do whatever you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. If you wanna go and hit up some meth with an LSD chaser that's your business none of mine. (You better not go for a drive after that but stay at home I won't care) Frankly alcohol is worse for you then quite a few hard drugs. (maybe not meth) I was just saying their are some people that large amounts of weed can affect negatively. It doesn't even have to be weed really for those people just something that makes their dopamine go unusual.

Why would you say that alcohol is worse then quite a few hard drugs? I just had a swig of more chocolate liqueur and I don’t see any issues with me today. Nearly completed silent going for the heart on slay the spire twice, did manage to kill the act 3 bosses even after drinking.

The Exchange

gran rey de los mono wrote:
Just remember, with every minute that goes by, you are that much closer to your next plate of nachos.

I don't eat nachos?


Just a Mort wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Just remember, with every minute that goes by, you are that much closer to your next plate of nachos.
I don't eat nachos?

You should.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
As a note I wasn't saying their should be a prohibition on weed. I actually believe you should be allowed to do whatever you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. If you wanna go and hit up some meth with an LSD chaser that's your business none of mine. (You better not go for a drive after that but stay at home I won't care) Frankly alcohol is worse for you then quite a few hard drugs. (maybe not meth) I was just saying their are some people that large amounts of weed can affect negatively. It doesn't even have to be weed really for those people just something that makes their dopamine go unusual.
Why would you say that alcohol is worse then quite a few hard drugs? I just had a swig of more chocolate liqueur and I don’t see any issues with me today. Nearly completed silent going for the heart on slay the spire twice, did manage to kill the act 3 bosses even after drinking.

Research suggest that alcohol abuse is more damaging then heroin or crack abuse. Alcohol abuse affects the body in so many place.

Alcohol interferes with the brain's communication pathways, and can affect the way the brain looks and works
Drinking a lot over a long time or too much on a single occasion can damage the heart, It can also cause problems with the Liver, Pancreas, your Immune System. Plus it tends to be a lot easier to abuse the most hard drugs.

All I wanna express is why is it legal to drink this drug and yet substances that are considerably less bad for you are still illegal?

That's without going into personal responsibility that its your body you should be able to do what you want with it.

The Exchange

Vidmaster7 wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
As a note I wasn't saying their should be a prohibition on weed. I actually believe you should be allowed to do whatever you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. If you wanna go and hit up some meth with an LSD chaser that's your business none of mine. (You better not go for a drive after that but stay at home I won't care) Frankly alcohol is worse for you then quite a few hard drugs. (maybe not meth) I was just saying their are some people that large amounts of weed can affect negatively. It doesn't even have to be weed really for those people just something that makes their dopamine go unusual.
Why would you say that alcohol is worse then quite a few hard drugs? I just had a swig of more chocolate liqueur and I don’t see any issues with me today. Nearly completed silent going for the heart on slay the spire twice, did manage to kill the act 3 bosses even after drinking.

Research suggest that alcohol abuse is more damaging then heroin or crack abuse. Alcohol abuse affects the body in so many place.

Alcohol interferes with the brain's communication pathways, and can affect the way the brain looks and works
Drinking a lot over a long time or too much on a single occasion can damage the heart, It can also cause problems with the Liver, Pancreas, your Immune System. Plus it tends to be a lot easier to abuse the most hard drugs.

All I wanna express is why is it legal to drink this drug and yet substances that are considerably less bad for you are still illegal?

That's without going into personal responsibility that its your body you should be able to do what you want with it.

The answer is because of the economic power of the alcohol industry.

The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States reports that the alcoholic beverage industry contributed more than $400 billion to the U.S. economy in 2010. It employed more than 3.9 million people. That's a lot of economic muscle. Making alcohol illegal would strike a significant financial blow to the U.S. economy.

Also this.

And from a chefs point of view - ban my Chinese cooking wine and I'm going to yell blue murder. Do you know how much of Chinese cooking is dependent on it?

It removes fishy odour from fish, tenderizes meat, adds a distinct flavor to stir fried vegetables. Nope, it just won't taste the same without that said Chinese cooking wine.

Tell the Japanese about banning their mirin and cooking sake and they'll give you the same story.

And CY said he ever saw someone drink the cooking sherry. (That's when you know people hit rock bottom).


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yeah I use alcohol in my cooking all the time.

But my point isn't that alcohol should also be banned its that if you are going to allow this substance why ban this less harmful one. You can apparently cook quite a bit with weed to so there is that..

If I'm remembering this right I think alcohol abuse is less common in your neck of the woods Mort something to do with less people having that gene that allows them to process large amounts of alcohol without getting violently il. I assume Ireland has this gene in spades.

The Exchange

gran rey de los mono wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Just remember, with every minute that goes by, you are that much closer to your next plate of nachos.
I don't eat nachos?
You should.

Nachos with cheese are 306 calories per 100 g and only contain 8g of protein.

A cup of milk is 245 g, is only 125 calories and contains 8.5g of protein.


You're trying to reason with gran using logic Mort?

The Exchange

I think almost all of us on FAWTL have taken in alcohol at some point of our lives.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Your trying to reason with gran using logic Mort?

I reason with everyone using logic, Vidmaster7 - that what my personality label says!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
I think almost all of us on FAWTL have taken in alcohol at some point of our lives.

So just don't abuse it folks!

(Or do I mean whatever its your life. If you have people that depend on you though for real don't abuse it.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Just remember, with every minute that goes by, you are that much closer to your next plate of nachos.
I don't eat nachos?
You should.

Nachos with cheese are 306 calories per 100 g and only contain 8g of protein.

A cup of milk is 245 g, is only 125 calories and contains 8.5g of protein.

Sure, but while I like milk, nachos taste better.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Alcohol has destroyed way more lives then weed, just saying.


Who are those other 6 doctors surely all of them should agree!

The Exchange

I wish I could say I did my 10 km run without any aftereffects but that isn't exactly true. The thing is that they were so sneaky I didn't feel them at first. No particular aches and pains but yeah less energy jumping for my body combat gym class today. Usually I jump pretty happily but today's jumps were rather dismal.


Just a Mort wrote:
I wish I could say I did my 10 km run without any aftereffects but that isn't exactly true. The thing is that they were so sneaky I didn't feel them at first. No particular aches and pains but yeah less energy jumping for my body combat gym class today. Usually I jump pretty happily but today's jumps were rather dismal.

Not over doing it are you?


Good Morning, everyone!


Mornin' John.


Well, I had a busy weekend. On Saturday, there was the local PFS Game Day. Normally, we only get two games in. But I played in three. Sunday, there's the local non-Society game. And, apparently, over the weekend, the clock-in and clock-out systems switched over to that of the new employer. Which means that none of the previous phone numbers work. And my old employee ID is no longer valid. I hope the transition goes smoothly, otherwise there will be words, spoken by me, that they will not enjoy. I have little patience these days with corporate stupidity.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Morning Every-FaWtL! I hope everyone is well today, and has a good day ahead of them. :)

The Exchange

Vidmaster7 wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:
I wish I could say I did my 10 km run without any aftereffects but that isn't exactly true. The thing is that they were so sneaky I didn't feel them at first. No particular aches and pains but yeah less energy jumping for my body combat gym class today. Usually I jump pretty happily but today's jumps were rather dismal.
Not over doing it are you?

If I did over do it like after the schools cross country run, then I'd be calf ache/stiff and limping off to work today. Nothing that bad, just less jump energy to work with then usual. Tried to work out on upper body and core for weight training and tried not to touch my legs that much. So sneaky.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
4 Out of 10 Doctors wrote:
Alcohol has destroyed way more lives then weed, just saying.

That's also because more people take alcohol then weed.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Weekend was fairly good, had my little one Saturday/Sunday. We went to the park, ran around a bit, caught some Pokémon, then went back to the flat I'm staying at and he played some games on the Switch.
Also got in a Raid train in Pokémon Go on Sunday night, so that was fun, even caught a Legendary 'mon. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
4 Out of 10 Doctors wrote:
Alcohol has destroyed way more lives then weed, just saying.
That's also because more people take alcohol then weed.

Eh my Biology classes went through that stuff pretty thoroughly the side effects of weed are laughable when compared to the whole chapter on side effects of alcohol. Plus I can't imagine someone getting high on weed and beating their wife.


LordSynos wrote:

Weekend was fairly good, had my little one Saturday/Sunday. We went to the park, ran around a bit, caught some Pokémon, then went back to the flat I'm staying at and he played some games on the Switch.

Also got in a Raid train in Pokémon Go on Sunday night, so that was fun, even caught a Legendary 'mon. :)

I need magikarp and the fossil type Pokemon for the quests and that is like the only thing I can focus on right now. (that game related)

220,501 to 220,550 of 238,679 << first < prev | 4406 | 4407 | 4408 | 4409 | 4410 | 4411 | 4412 | 4413 | 4414 | 4415 | 4416 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.